From the creator of the lathe tax- Rock and no ores torture (Codenut)

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
The Wrench
Byond Username: The Wrench

From the creator of the lathe tax- Rock and no ores torture (Codenut)

Post by The Wrench » #702294

Bottom post of the previous page:

https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/ ... omment-box
I don’t like this PR
Jonathan Gupta wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:32 pm all you godamn do is whine and complain come up with ideas, stop bitching for christs sake.
Flatulent wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:02 am You and anyone who supports the rule 3 as described by mso is simply put not an lrp player

Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Re: From the creator of the lathe tax- Rock and no ores torture (Codenut)

Post by Cobby » #702572

let me know when you'd like my rent I assume im way behind since i didnt even know i was using this space until your post. If youd like to have a productive conversation about medical/chem im happy to indulge, but harboring this amount of disdain for a feature years after is a bit much.

Not sure how cobbychem "bullied casuals out of their role", chem has always been a very wiki intensive job. Changing the chem effects or what have you doesnt touch that problem. Now Fermichem certainly progresses that issue where you need to know both the recipe AND ideal pH, but im not sure how cobbychem did that anymore than trekchems or goofchems.
dendydoom wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 2:04 pm it's almost like the people making the code and designing the mechanics are totally detached from the people running the rounds and dictating rules around gameplay and roleplay
its no different than players thinking admins are putting their hands in the cookie jar when they shouldnt be.

This might be true in the sense that people who played heavily in say 2015 or even the timeframe of 2018ish want to recreate the experience they fell in love with which becomes much harder to do when new players come in with a different expectation or personal enjoyment of the game. Especially true when people come from say a murderbone video or a sseth video where the gamey parts are highlighted instead of the more immersive rp-centric style people i'd argue used to be accustomed to, so to curb that you have to make mechanical changes that curb the behavior (such as nerfs or downsides to originally powerful aspects of the game). SUPER Especially true is that the community is big enough now where you the individual dont have to care about how you behave towards other players in the game because the community isnt as tightknitted/small as it used to be, so theres no love lost if you abuse a feature and consequently little love lost if someone ends up patching it despite it being a classic.

Also obligatory you are able to contribute to the game in ways you think it would be improved. It may require selling but thats no different than wanting to push a policy change.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
zergking
Byond Username: Zergking

Post by zergking » #702602

Isn’t this what CEV eris does?
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #702604

Honestly when cobbychem came out I missed the old chems but I see the merit in cobbychem now. Truly a visionary.
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
chocolate_bickie
Byond Username: Chocolate_bickie

Post by chocolate_bickie » #702634

Cobby wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 12:45 am snip
Cobby chem does live rent-free in my head. So much I got it mixed up with fermichem which is what I was thinking of in my previous comments.
Kubisopplay
Byond Username: Kubisopplay

Post by Kubisopplay » #702637

Already on most rounds that I play having materials is a rare occurrence, especially so for things other than glass and metal. Getting any advanced upgrades as a borg is slowly becoming the hallmark of greenshifts, because either you don't have research because nobody wants to do experiments, or you don't have materials because miners are dead. I am pretty sure this won't fix the issues, but it might make shorter rounds even more resource deficient. PS Before arcane comes in and tells everyone about data they collected, iirc it's rounded data, which is barely useful, because it's polluted by the one powergamer miner who comes back when shuttle gets called so he can use his gear on station.
Silicon main, enough said
Tell me how badly I fucked up here: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=32575
Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Post by Turbonerd » #702639

The problem is the expectation of reliably getting whatever you want, not material deficiency. If you don't care, then all your problems will go away.
MooCow12
Byond Username: MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #702645

There should be an expectation of the station reliably doing basic things unless an antagonist does something to disrupt the status quo.

If the status quo itself is unreliable then that`s a fundamental problem that hurts everyone`s willingness to cooperate and pushes us to play selfishly, ie calling shuttle to end everyone else`s rounds just because your department didnt get the materials it needed to function.

Thats another fundamental problem with scarcity and failing jobs, COMMAND STAFF ARE ALLOWED TO CALL SHUTTLE OVER STUFF LIKE THIS AND ROLL FOR A BETTER ROUND THAT HAS MATTS/POWER/RESEARCH POINTS

if sm delams because engies griefed themselves/dereliction of duty CE calls shuttle even though every other department is fine and has ways to get around limited power/make their own power (solars) no bwoink/no ban, its literally the same as calling shuttle as RD because you accidently bombed ordnance or because miners didnt get matts.

Remember swarmers???? All they do is eat materials / the ore silo, and what did that result in? A round with scarce resources? no 5 minutes of everyone waiting for shuttle to dock and get to another round that has resources.

Hey botanist I see that you are learning botany and trying to accomplish an epic plant and you dont need materials to do that. Well guess what fuck you , you are gonna have to spend another 45 minutes trying again, nearly an hour of your life because im calling shuttle because we are out of matts.

Hey chemist I see you spent the entire round setting up plumbing, well do it again because I want a mech and I cant get a mech this round.

Hey xenobiologist, cargo tech, geneticist, etc. fuck you
List of my favorite TG Staff.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
cSeal wrote: TLDR suck my nuts you bald bitch
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #702659

Timonk wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 8:46 am Honestly when cobbychem came out I missed the old chems but I see the merit in cobbychem now. Truly a visionary.
trust the process.
chocolate_bickie wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 12:04 pm Cobby chem does live rent-free in my head. So much I got it mixed up with fermichem which is what I was thinking of in my previous comments.
It's cool we all want the best for the game.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #702695

Desperately need to keep at least some wall minerals for non-miners who just want the mats to do their damn jobs and for gulag.
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #702733

MooCow12 wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 3:13 pm There should be an expectation of the station reliably doing basic things unless an antagonist does something to disrupt the status quo.

If the status quo itself is unreliable then that`s a fundamental problem that hurts everyone`s willingness to cooperate and pushes us to play selfishly, ie calling shuttle to end everyone else`s rounds just because your department didnt get the materials it needed to function.

Thats another fundamental problem with scarcity and failing jobs, COMMAND STAFF ARE ALLOWED TO CALL SHUTTLE OVER STUFF LIKE THIS AND ROLL FOR A BETTER ROUND THAT HAS MATTS/POWER/RESEARCH POINTS

if sm delams because engies griefed themselves/dereliction of duty CE calls shuttle even though every other department is fine and has ways to get around limited power/make their own power (solars) no bwoink/no ban, its literally the same as calling shuttle as RD because you accidently bombed ordnance or because miners didnt get matts.

Remember swarmers???? All they do is eat materials / the ore silo, and what did that result in? A round with scarce resources? no 5 minutes of everyone waiting for shuttle to dock and get to another round that has resources.

Hey botanist I see that you are learning botany and trying to accomplish an epic plant and you dont need materials to do that. Well guess what fuck you , you are gonna have to spend another 45 minutes trying again, nearly an hour of your life because im calling shuttle because we are out of matts.

Hey chemist I see you spent the entire round setting up plumbing, well do it again because I want a mech and I cant get a mech this round.

Hey xenobiologist, cargo tech, geneticist, etc. fuck you
Yeah I actually think it's lame to call shuttle when SM delams but before any power issues manifest. Command staff who call shuttle before station objectives are met ought to be jobbanned automatically for like a day (but not noted).
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #702771

If you want to have a say on shuttle getting called, be command staff

If you want a bigger say, be captain

Troll calls are troll calls but command has the power to call and it’s one of the few shreds of (on LRP atleast) of authority they have
The Wrench

Post by The Wrench » #703000

https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/78164

UPDATE! BASED PR INCOMING. ALL OF MY PROBLEMS HAVE BEEN SOLVED, I AM NOW AN ARCANE STAN.
Jonathan Gupta wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:32 pm all you godamn do is whine and complain come up with ideas, stop bitching for christs sake.
Flatulent wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:02 am You and anyone who supports the rule 3 as described by mso is simply put not an lrp player

conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #703004

Jacquerel is seriously suffering the risk of being ousted as my favourite maintainer by Arcane
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
MooCow12
Byond Username: MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #703023

Pr is good but i hate that the cargo shuttle has a magical anti teleport field so i cant get my deliveries from cargo without hacking in and fighting off the cargo techies who arnt doing their job
List of my favorite TG Staff.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
cSeal wrote: TLDR suck my nuts you bald bitch
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #703044

MooCow12 wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 2:13 pm Pr is good but i hate that the cargo shuttle has a magical anti teleport field so i cant get my deliveries from cargo without hacking in and fighting off the cargo techies who arnt doing their job
It's because otherwise people use it to break into centcomm
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #703263

Jacquerel wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 2:38 pm
MooCow12 wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 2:13 pm Pr is good but i hate that the cargo shuttle has a magical anti teleport field so i cant get my deliveries from cargo without hacking in and fighting off the cargo techies who arnt doing their job
What, were they teleporting in while the shuttle was about to leave?
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer

Post by Jacquerel » #703285

Timonk wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 2:10 am
Jacquerel wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 2:38 pm
What, were they teleporting in while the shuttle was about to leave?
In varying ways yes. You'd be amazed what we need to blacklist in cargo shuttles to prevent someone from using it to exit the map.
The Wrench

Post by The Wrench » #703360

Why do we make the cargo shuttle go to Central command anyways? Why not just let it rest in hyperspace and then create whatever is ordered there

Jacquerel
Code Maintainer

Post by Jacquerel » #703371

The Wrench wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 7:14 pm Why do we make the cargo shuttle go to Central command anyways? Why not just let it rest in hyperspace and then create whatever is ordered there
mostly it makes it easier for admins to set up their own shit to put onto the cargo shuttle
scamoppi
Byond Username: Noahyoshi

Post by scamoppi » #703388

yeah you can put a series of increasingly goofy things on the shuttle for the cargo techs to find every time they send it back to the station
𓆏 ribbit... (nothing to see here...)