Former president Donald Trump imprisoned over sharing screenshots of nuclear disks over social media platform Discord

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Former president Donald Trump imprisoned over sharing screenshots of nuclear disks over social media platform Discord

Post by iwishforducks » #702795

Last edited by iwishforducks on Sun Sep 10, 2023 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Re: Former president Donald Trump imprisoned over sharing screenshots of nuclear disks over social media platform Discor

Post by Timberpoes » #703168

I think we lost the deletion notes with the last forum update. I'll ask Riggle about it, he may be able to bring them back.

[Edit] Riggle has been asked.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
SapphoQueer
Byond Username: SapphoQueer

Re: Former president Donald Trump imprisoned over sharing screenshots of nuclear disks over social media platform Discor

Post by SapphoQueer » #703169

Thranos wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 7:05 pm
Timonk wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 1:51 am What even lead to this? Was there an undercover operation going on? Do we have spies in more metacomming servers? Do we have honeypots?
Now this isn't something I can prove, but the story which has been being told behind the scenes is thus:
Someone in the discord server got pissy at someone else (an ex allegedly) and invited Bmon in to blow the whole place open. Bmon documented shit, the salty guy documented shit, and member(s) of the server documented shit and turned themselves into the admins after realizing Bmon was in there. Admins were apparently given access to the server at some point to pick it apart after everything got blown wide open.

Anyways. If you banned every single player who ever did any level of metacomm ever, you'd have to ban easily half of TG players. If you banned people for "aiding and abetting" it, it would hit 90%+. Chesh included. That's all I have to say on the topic at this time.
As someone tangentially involved in all of this (joined their cord way after the meta took place, only really there for movie nights) I can basically confirm this happened even if slightly different, the drama in itself barely matters but someone did invite bmon, logs were saved and gone through. As well as someone sending logs to admins from a private group DM. I got left un-banned for not taking part in it but I did get left with a note saying "hey yeah you were in there be more careful ok" as well as my candymin-ness being taken away. It's a whole mess of a situation and most of the admins involved that I talked to about this while still a candymin and hell, even helping in the investigation, hate that any of this went down the way it did, let alone having the punishments be the way they are. Perma's for what is, mostly, with a few exceptions, rage ick you'd see on manuel OOC, from 9 months ago? Also yeah a few people did do genuine metacomms and i can't defend that, but even then, I doubt that justifies a permaban for Skye in particular when it happened 9 months ago. Then again, I didn't have access to the FULL logs, so I might be missing some crucial moments I guess.
Last edited by SapphoQueer on Wed Sep 06, 2023 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
saprasam
Byond Username: Saprasam

Post by saprasam » #703170

leave it to manuel to have a secret metacomms cabal
(FORMER) tgmc admin (I HAVE REGAINED MY HUMAN RIGHTS)
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #703172

SapphoQueer wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 9:40 pm but I did get left with a note saying "hey yeah you were in there be more careful ok" as well as my candymin-ness being taken away.
kinda fucked up, honestly. that sucks to hear
SapphoQueer
Byond Username: SapphoQueer

Post by SapphoQueer » #703173

iwishforducks wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 9:53 pm
SapphoQueer wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 9:40 pm but I did get left with a note saying "hey yeah you were in there be more careful ok" as well as my candymin-ness being taken away.
kinda fucked up, honestly. that sucks to hear
It's a shame, sure, but on the other hand I do also understand. I'm already happy I got left with a "did not appear to be involved" but still, could've been not that.
xPokee
Byond Username: XPokee

Post by xPokee » #703175

Hi gang, it's me, one of the people all this shit is about. And I'll be real with y'all here. I'm looking over this thread and noticing something quite interesting, Cheshify lying through his teeth.
So, lets clear some things up, shall we.

First of all. The fact that cheshify was the banning admin is quite suspicious to me, the fact that he ensured he would be the one who would have to look over all of our appeals seems kind of weird when you consider that Cheshify has been coming after a lot of the felinid players, particularly me, since at least November. This has continued all throughout that time, with a funny example of it being a month before headmin elections
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
The next point I would like to bring up. All of this stuff is half a year old, most of it being the tiniest of things as well.

And most importantly, the fact Chesh is lying through his teeth. I think it's awfully funny he said all of this was found through an investigation and not by one person telling an admin this. So, here's what really happened: We had a large argument in the discord server stemming from me making a joke about PKA powergamers malding after the icebox remap by Melbert which led to more people getting involved then drama with my ex which led to a LOT of name calling, long story short, Eton invited Bmon to the discord specifically to spite me and get me banned, which can be seen here.
► Show Spoiler
At that point, I already know pretty much everyone was fucked, so I did some things I am not quite proud of, including but not limited to deleting the channel most of this happened in to attempt to save myself and my friends, before finally going to bmon and telling him everything, including stuff that had happened in a previous server.

What isn't so readily obvious to the rest of you all, is the fact that on top of the perm bans a lot of us ate, cheshify decided to give week bans to people in the server just for the crime of.. existing in that server.

Funny how every single time it has been Cheshify doing it, and that none of the other 'metagangs' on Manuel have recieved similar bwoinks from admins. I present to you all, my crackpot conspiracy theory. Chesh simply doesnt like me.

Thank you for coming back to my TEDtalk I am going back to breaking down now, cheers.
That one felinid player.
► Show Spoiler
xPokee

Post by xPokee » #703176

Also I would just like to once again re-iterate, I am truely sorry to anyone who thought I would be better than this, or anyone who I may have let down.
That one felinid player.
► Show Spoiler
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master

Post by Timberpoes » #703177

Lol.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
warbluke
Byond Username: Warbluke

Post by warbluke » #703179

Confusing yet highly entertaining to read Killstreak.
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #703180

I can't believe Cheshify hates felinids this much. The same Cheshify that has a purple cat as their most played static, whose discord pfp is a purple cat, and whose campaign theme was based around the fact they play a purple cat. I guess it's true that it's always the ones that you least expect.
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #703181

sorry are you simultaneously asserting that this all came out due to one incident and not due to a long term investigation, while also in your own post providing new screenshot documentation of investigation of this exact group being performed in 2022?
mrmelbert
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Mr Melbert

Post by mrmelbert » #703182

Hey guys wanna see how many bridges I can burn?
Admin: December 2020 - Present
Code Maintainer: December 2021 - Present
Head Admin: Feburary 2022 - September 2022
Youtube Guy: sometimes

xPokee

Post by xPokee » #703183

Jacquerel wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 10:23 pm sorry are you simultaneously asserting that this all came out due to one incident and not due to a long term investigation, while also in your own post providing new screenshot documentation of investigation of this exact group being performed in 2022?
I am asserting that all of the evidence used in the bans came out due to one incident, which is undeniably true.
That one felinid player.
► Show Spoiler
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #703184

what kind of effect were you going for by saying "we were on their radar for a long time but they did not act until they were given a smoking gun which proved their suspicions to be correct" other than that they seem to be taking the investigation seriously?
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master

Post by Timberpoes » #703185

This thread just woke up from its Starsector-induced nap. I can't wait to see where this goes.
Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Post by Thunder11 » #703186

Timberpoes wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 10:27 pm This thread just woke up from its Starsector-induced nap. I can't wait to see where this goes.
Downhill rapidly
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
AwkwardStereo
Byond Username: AwkwardStereo

Post by AwkwardStereo » #703187

forum goes down for 2.5 days and things got off to an immediate sprint, man
► Show Spoiler
Bmon
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Bmon

Post by Bmon » #703188

xPokee wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 10:12 pm And most importantly, the fact Chesh is lying through his teeth.
Then you immediately lie in the next sentence.
carshalash
Byond Username: Carshalash

Post by carshalash » #703189

Fren256 wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 2:09 pm
TheRex9001 wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 1:55 pm
conrad wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 1:36 pm
Cheshify wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 1:28 pm Can someone start talking about starsector this thread has long been drained of anything productive related to a difficult situation.
BRO HAVE YOU SEEN FLESH AND BLOOD?

It's my favourite thing right now. It's a TCG with a much lower monetary barrier of entry than Magic the Gathering and has a much more active, back and forth fueled combat gameplay.

I played it once all day and although it felt wonky cos I had never played it I managed to win a game against a friend of mine who is a TCG streamer and YouTuber. Felt good.

F&B is my favourite thing rn fr
Have you seen Keyforge? Its buy one deck for 6 bucks (maybe some tokens but you can use paper imma be real) and then you play, each deck contains random Cards in 3 factions and you cant mix cards from different decks, a lotta fun
Speaking of deck builders, there's this game called Friends vs Friends that combines first person shooting and deck-building. You use different types of cards in 1v1 or 2v2 matches that give you buffs, debuffs the opponent(s) or even random attributes that can turn the tide of the round, like completely changing the map. It has its balance issues and the playerbase is not that big, but it is incredibly fun, especially with friends.

Oh, and all of the playable characters are anthropomorphic animals.
I like digimon... the memory counter is a fun mechanic to prevent snowballing
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #703190

Timberpoes wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 10:27 pm This thread just woke up from its Starsector-induced nap. I can't wait to see where this goes.
I think XIV is best tech, and high tech is overrated by people who spam paragons and use the
Spoiler:
ziggurat
as a crutch to get around the fact that high-tech weapons are mostly shit and have to use missiles as a crutch to actually do shield damage.

Don't @ me any high tech fan fanboys. I bet you high-tech fans main silicon in SS13, you filthy borg lovers. By Ludd, I should smite all AI lovers with an IED antimatter fuel tanker for their insolence.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #703191

Donglesplonge
Byond Username: Donglesplonge

Post by Donglesplonge » #703192

sure hope they put new wheels on this cart before it goes down the hill its rapidly approaching

its actually starting to cool off some down where i live so maybe some snow sled tracks would be a better replacement

speaking of have any of you ever surfed down dirt mounds? i used to when i was a kid and i remembered it fondly except that time i landed crotch first into a bicycle because i clipped a rock in the pile and the lid i was on flipped
Constellado
Byond Username: Constellado

Post by Constellado » #703193

Oh god. Here we go. Popcorn time.

Lying allegations are big.
xPokee wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 10:12 pm
And most importantly, the fact Chesh is lying through his teeth. I think it's awfully funny he said all of this was found through an investigation and not by one person telling an admin this.
I will say though the bwoinks shows that there was rumours and some kind of investigation before the event...

Which nulls the point. There can be an investigation before proof is given out. No matter how it comes out. Which is obvious here based on your two bwoinks before the event.

The rest of the allegations though? I don't know I'll leave that to the rest of ya. My bet is chesh was the only admin doing the investigation willing to log on the game and do the bannings. But I would not know. My maliciousness sensors are not alarming here. Yet.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Sightld2
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Sightld2

Post by Sightld2 » #703195

iwishforducks wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 10:49 pm Image
Why would you do this

RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #703196

Donglesplonge wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 10:50 pm sure hope they put new wheels on this cart before it goes down the hill its rapidly approaching

its actually starting to cool off some down where i live so maybe some snow sled tracks would be a better replacement

speaking of have any of you ever surfed down dirt mounds? i used to when i was a kid and i remembered it fondly except that time i landed crotch first into a bicycle because i clipped a rock in the pile and the lid i was on flipped
I've only surfed down a dirt mound a single time. I should have 100% died at one point of memory serves right.

Somewhat, related but I played paintball once as a kid at a birthday party and someone's paintball shot went right below the pelvic protection, so I got a paintball right in the crown jewels.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #703197

xPokee wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 10:12 pm with a funny example of it being a month before headmin elections
Bro you ran for headmin while knowingly breaking the most prolific and common SS13 server rule what are you on about
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #703199

Sightld2 wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 11:01 pm Why would you do this
ive been cackling like a dumbass at his mugshot since its release. i meant to do this since i made the thread but i forgot about it until now
Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #703200

The thread that keeps on giving.
Chesh I wouldn't let that slide, if I were u i would change my pfp to theirs add a moustache and bold font I AM YOU BUT BETTER like that one tgmc king did but alas pokerface has no pfp.
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
conrad

Post by conrad » #703201

Capsandi wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 11:14 pm The thread that keeps on giving.
Chesh I wouldn't let that slide, if I were u i would change my pfp to theirs add a moustache and bold font I AM YOU BUT BETTER like that one tgmc king did but alas pokerface has no pfp.
I mean tbh you can just
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Blacklist897
Byond Username: Blacklist897

Post by Blacklist897 » #703202

conrad wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 11:04 pm
xPokee wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 10:12 pm with a funny example of it being a month before headmin elections
Bro you ran for headmin while knowingly breaking the most prolific and common SS13 server rule what are you on about
"Only fuck around No Find out"
profile picture by "Cowboy Owlbear"
I play alexander Moore on Manuel
warbluke
Byond Username: Warbluke

Post by warbluke » #703203

Donglesplonge wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 10:50 pm speaking of have any of you ever surfed down dirt mounds?
There was a really smooth and muddy hill where I grew up that I would sled down on cardboard. There was also a bigger grassy hill further away that had a metal halfpipe going down the whole height of it that you could get very fast going down.
General Thrax
Byond Username: GeneralThrax

Post by General Thrax » #703206

RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 10:45 pm high tech is overrated
i see you're not a high tech frigate wolf pack enjoyer (cringe)
conrad

Post by conrad » #703207

RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 10:45 pm By Ludd
YOU'RE FLYING AROUND IN A SPACESHIP YOU SKULL DENTED RELIGIOUS FANATIC
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Pepper
Byond Username: ANIMETIDDIES

Post by Pepper » #703210

Ok, xPoke is clearly a crackhead. But let's all remind ourselves that all 7 of the people here should be held responsible for their own individual actions - this thread is about 13thsky specifically, where it has become very apparent that they've been caught of in the crossfire of some very autistic blood feud.
help
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #703211

Pepper wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 12:10 am Ok, xPoke is clearly a crackhead. But let's all remind ourselves that all 7 of the people here should be held responsible for their own individual actions - this thread is about 13thsky specifically, where it has become very apparent that they've been caught of in the crossfire of some very autistic blood feud.
yeah, i honestly kind of lost the plot at this point. it's a good reminder that i was pretty much strictly talking in the sense of 13thsky.
AsbestosSniffer
Byond Username: The Asbestos Sniffer

Post by AsbestosSniffer » #703212

Pepper wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 12:10 am Ok, xPoke is clearly a crackhead. But let's all remind ourselves that all 7 of the people here should be held responsible for their own individual actions - this thread is about 13thsky specifically, where it has become very apparent that they've been caught of in the crossfire of some very autistic blood feud.
Watch this post be ignored as the admin team blunder their way around this like the British police force and then go back to posting about Starsector, it's very telling really how quick Timber is to drop his attitude of staying on topic when his buddies start posting, but hey, maybe he'll actually robotically reply to your post like some YouTube bot or broken record like he did with others in this thread questioning why the punishment was so severe, who knows?
Observer main. Otherwise I play Lucy Trelawney on Manuel.
Pepper

Post by Pepper » #703213

AsbestosSniffer wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 12:16 am Watch this post be ignored as the admin team blunder their way around this like the British police force and then go back to posting about Starsector, it's very telling really how quick Timber is to drop his attitude of staying on topic when his buddies start posting, but hey, maybe he'll actually robotically reply to your post like some YouTube bot or broken record like he did with others in this thread questioning why the punishment was so severe, who knows?
It's incredibly easy to just lump any dissent towards your decision as "they like metagaming". Very telling that Timber deleted multiple posts but left the ones up with that random guy directly accusing me of breaking the rule Timber seems to hold in such holy regard.
help
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master

Post by Timberpoes » #703215

I deleted a root reported post and all replies to and references to the deleted post.

Couple of conspiracy dipshits on display here. Carry on, children. As you were o7
AsbestosSniffer

Post by AsbestosSniffer » #703216

Timberpoes wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 12:24 am I deleted a root reported post and all replies to and references to the deleted post.

Couple of conspiracy dipshits on display here. Carry on, children.
Well, you also gave one of the players replying to it a three-day players club ban, but of course, why care about that and call your opponents conspiracy dipshits?
Pepper

Post by Pepper » #703217

AsbestosSniffer wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 12:16 am Watch this post be ignored as the admin team blunder their way around this like the British police force and then go back to posting about Starsector,
You called it!
help
RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #703218

Timberpoes wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 12:24 am I deleted a root reported post and all replies to and references to the deleted post.

Couple of conspiracy dipshits on display here. Carry on, children. As you were o7
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master

Post by Timberpoes » #703219

AsbestosSniffer wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 12:26 am Well, you also gave one of the players replying to it a three-day players club ban, but of course, why care about that and call your opponents conspiracy dipshits?
That wasn't me who placed any bans. I believe it was Riggle.
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TheBibleMelts

Post by TheBibleMelts » #703220

i am unsure if there is much more fruitful discourse to be had regarding 13thsky, considering my last post in the thread about us reviewing it. it's difficult to parse out specific complaints about the investigation in general versus the actual purpose of the peanut thread.

i think there's some concerns if there was an investigation before the drop of logs that led to us taking action? if that is the case, i will vouch that there's been an active thread where we've been discussing and sharing potential red flags over the past year with decent consistency, as the players involved here kept setting off the gut instinct that more seasoned admins typically get when there's some level of unacceptable communication happening behind the scenes regarding how players are interacting ingame.

the whole thing was akin to trying to put a puzzle together without all of the pieces, and suddenly having a bunch of edge and corner pieces dropped on the table in front of us to fill in a lot of blanks. you can't dismiss those pieces as having been from several months ago because these people had already been dinged and warned against doing this specific thing already *before* these logs were timestamped. it may be best to make a separate peanut to contain this discussion in overall so that general questions can be levied and addressed to the best of our ability.

i want the best outcome of all of this for as many people who deserve it as possible, and i know the rest of my team does as well. be cool to one another and we'll be able to filter out as much noise as possible to address some of the legitimate concerns raised.
AsbestosSniffer

Post by AsbestosSniffer » #703226

TheBibleMelts wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 12:44 am snip
I just want to express just how glad I am you're in this thread, unlike many of your colleagues you've been open, succinct and on-topic. It's just a shame that the general admin attitude in this thread has been so atrocious.
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master

Post by TheBibleMelts » #703227

AsbestosSniffer wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 12:58 am
TheBibleMelts wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 12:44 am snip
I just want to express just how glad I am you're in this thread, unlike many of your colleagues you've been open, succinct and on-topic. It's just a shame that the general admin attitude in this thread has been so atrocious.
it's a peanut, that's what you get around these parts. everybody gets some shitposts as a treat, including admins. i'm usually the shitposting jester around the bus, so i figured i would try to balance that out a bit with some concerns here.
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #703228

Pepper wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 12:20 am
AsbestosSniffer wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 12:16 am Watch this post be ignored as the admin team blunder their way around this like the British police force and then go back to posting about Starsector, it's very telling really how quick Timber is to drop his attitude of staying on topic when his buddies start posting, but hey, maybe he'll actually robotically reply to your post like some YouTube bot or broken record like he did with others in this thread questioning why the punishment was so severe, who knows?
It's incredibly easy to just lump any dissent towards your decision as "they like metagaming". Very telling that Timber deleted multiple posts but left the ones up with that random guy directly accusing me of breaking the rule Timber seems to hold in such holy regard.
i was going to go through and report like all the off topic posts but kenderick's posts keep making me laugh too much and i'd be sad if kenderick wrestling the youtube bbcode got deleted. doubly so if it was because of my own reports. also because i'd be reporting a few admins and they would see who reported them.

it really irk'd me that the conspiracy posting was kept up. i honestly thought it got deleted from all the talks about serial killers and posts getting deleted.
AsbestosSniffer

Post by AsbestosSniffer » #703229

iwishforducks wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:02 am it really irk'd me that the conspiracy posting was kept up. i honestly thought it got deleted from all the talks about serial killers and posts getting deleted.
That is true, such theories are quite frankly absurd and I have no idea why anyone would think this way, there is no doubt that metagaming was occurring here. What I and many others are concerned about is the severity of the punishment, not that there's a punishment to begin with.
Fikou
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Fikou
Github Username: Fikou

Post by Fikou » #703230

Constellado wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 10:50 pm The rest of the allegations though? I don't know I'll leave that to the rest of ya. My bet is chesh was the only admin doing the investigation willing to log on the game and do the bannings. But I would not know. My maliciousness sensors are not alarming here. Yet.
I was on with Chesh at the same time, they went from the top of the list (permabanned people) while i went from the bottom (noted people). Having 10 admins ban people would get very confusing and there would certainly be errors, I don't get why people are being so weird over who did the deed? The investigation was a group effort by several people.
conrad

Post by conrad » #703231

The deleted posts/bans were one guy comparing metacommers with a serial killer and another one was stirring shit on a big cauldron like baba yaga by doing nothing but being an insulting, insuferable twat.

They weren't banned for some "hidden admin conspiracy" (jfc grow the fuck up this is an online game not your life. you don't even pay for it). They were banned for breaking the "don't stir shit fnr" and "you can disagree without being an dick" rules of the player's club and forums in general.
Last edited by conrad on Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master

Post by TheBibleMelts » #703232

AsbestosSniffer wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:05 am
iwishforducks wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:02 am it really irk'd me that the conspiracy posting was kept up. i honestly thought it got deleted from all the talks about serial killers and posts getting deleted.
That is true, such theories are quite frankly absurd, there is no doubt that metagaming was occuring here. What I and many others are concerned about is the severity of the punishment, not that there's a punishment to begin with.
and that very issue is being actively discussed and assessed as this thread lives and breathes. 13thsky absolutely shared some things that revealed round information such as their location, status, as well as some concerning black holes in the logs we received where other people in their group even called them out for overdoing it - IE a clearly deleted discord message surrounded by people reacting to it. many of the permabans existed because around that same time, other people in the group were grilled about just this thing potentially happening, but they denied it was.

if you lie to administration about not doing a certain thing and it's revealed that you were, in fact, doing it, the explosion is more likely to widen to affect other people who were only 'doing it a little' due to the absolute death of good faith that the administration is now forced to deal with regarding anybody caught in the blast.
Constellado
Byond Username: Constellado

Post by Constellado » #703233

Fikou wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:11 am
Constellado wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 10:50 pm The rest of the allegations though? I don't know I'll leave that to the rest of ya. My bet is chesh was the only admin doing the investigation willing to log on the game and do the bannings. But I would not know. My maliciousness sensors are not alarming here. Yet.
I was on with Chesh at the same time, they went from the top of the list (permabanned people) while i went from the bottom (noted people). Having 10 admins ban people would get very confusing and there would certainly be errors, I don't get why people are being so weird over who did the deed? The investigation was a group effort by several people.
I think its the combination of the fact that xpokee was a headmin candidate, cheshify elected to headmin and the fact that it seems that they have interacted a lot with each other in the past.
People love crafting their own little consipracy theories! Especially in the players club. This place is a breeding ground for those.

Oh the fuck i hIt enter and it submitted before i finished the heck.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler