Former president Donald Trump imprisoned over sharing screenshots of nuclear disks over social media platform Discord

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Former president Donald Trump imprisoned over sharing screenshots of nuclear disks over social media platform Discord

Post by iwishforducks » #702795

Last edited by iwishforducks on Sun Sep 10, 2023 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
Constellado
Byond Username: Constellado

Re: Former president Donald Trump imprisoned over sharing screenshots of nuclear disks over social media platform Discor

Post by Constellado » #703233

Fikou wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:11 am
Constellado wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 10:50 pm The rest of the allegations though? I don't know I'll leave that to the rest of ya. My bet is chesh was the only admin doing the investigation willing to log on the game and do the bannings. But I would not know. My maliciousness sensors are not alarming here. Yet.
I was on with Chesh at the same time, they went from the top of the list (permabanned people) while i went from the bottom (noted people). Having 10 admins ban people would get very confusing and there would certainly be errors, I don't get why people are being so weird over who did the deed? The investigation was a group effort by several people.
I think its the combination of the fact that xpokee was a headmin candidate, cheshify elected to headmin and the fact that it seems that they have interacted a lot with each other in the past.
People love crafting their own little consipracy theories! Especially in the players club. This place is a breeding ground for those.

Oh the fuck i hIt enter and it submitted before i finished the heck.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
carshalash
Byond Username: Carshalash

Re: Former president Donald Trump imprisoned over sharing screenshots of nuclear disks over social media platform Discor

Post by carshalash » #703234

All of the headmin candidates of the next term have been receptive and open to discussing what happened. All 3 were sympathetic to a lot of the things that happened and all screenshots/logs were shared involving the bans.

My main concern at the moment is what happens with skye. I'm too tired and burned to do much involving myself at the moment.
AsbestosSniffer
Byond Username: The Asbestos Sniffer

Post by AsbestosSniffer » #703236

conrad wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:15 am The deleted posts/bans were one guy comparing metacommers with a serial killer and another one was stirring shit on a big cauldron like baba yaga by doing nothing but being an insulting, insuferable twat.
Comparing a banned player to a serial killer is acting like a twat, not reacting to it poorly. And you've been particularly insufferable in this thread too, what with your constant nothing posts. Leave it to people like TBM who actually knows how to talk please.
Observer main. Otherwise I play Lucy Trelawney on Manuel.
Constellado

Post by Constellado » #703237

TheBibleMelts wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:16 am 13thsky absolutely shared some things that revealed round information such as their location, status, as well as some concerning black holes in the logs we received where other people in their group even called them out for overdoing it - IE a clearly deleted discord message surrounded by people reacting to it.
...Sorry... What?
What?
Why did this info not come out sooner? I am very confused. Was this said earlier?
Why was it not said earlier if it was not? This is very important info right?
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TheBibleMelts

Post by TheBibleMelts » #703238

Constellado wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:22 am
TheBibleMelts wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:16 am 13thsky absolutely shared some things that revealed round information such as their location, status, as well as some concerning black holes in the logs we received where other people in their group even called them out for overdoing it - IE a clearly deleted discord message surrounded by people reacting to it.
...Sorry... What?
What?
Why did this info not come out sooner? I am very confused. Was this said earlier?
probably because everybody was getting too hotheaded at one another to give one another time to think.
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #703239

AsbestosSniffer wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:21 am
conrad wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:15 am The deleted posts/bans were one guy comparing metacommers with a serial killer and another one was stirring shit on a big cauldron like baba yaga by doing nothing but being an insulting, insuferable twat.
Comparing a banned player to a serial killer is acting like a twat, not reacting to it poorly. And you've been particularly insufferable in this thread too, what with your constant nothing posts.
You misunderstood what I said. There were deleted posts. One of those posts was reported, the rest was a chain of replies. Said post was a dude comparing metacommers to serial killers.

The other did nothing but act like a twat and got banned.

This is adding tails to donkeys.
AsbestosSniffer wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:21 am Leave it to people like TBM who actually knows how to talk please.
lol
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
AsbestosSniffer

Post by AsbestosSniffer » #703240

TheBibleMelts wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:25 am
...Sorry... What?
What?
probably because everybody was getting too hotheaded at one another to give one another time to think.
Why were these posts not used as examples instead of relatively innocuous ones? Surely not all of them would've revealed something too explicit that they couldn't be shown.
Fikou
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Fikou
Github Username: Fikou

Post by Fikou » #703241

AsbestosSniffer wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:26 am Why were these posts not used as examples instead of relatively innocuous ones? Surely not all of them would've revealed something too explicit that they couldn't be shown.
TheBibleMelts wrote:deleted discord message
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #703242

Constellado wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:18 am I think its the combination of the fact that xpokee was a headmin candidate, cheshify elected to headmin and the fact that it seems that they have interacted a lot with each other in the past.
People love crafting their own little consipracy theories! Especially in the players club. This place is a breeding ground for those.
...Sorry... What?
What?
This whole thing has been a clusterfuck in terms of discerning what the fuck is going on. All I know is that some people metacommed in a server. Some people got noted, some people got perma-d, one person got perma-d for a metacomm over a year and a half ago.

I don't think players have to know everything going on but at the same time any gaps are going to be filled in by guesswork, and it's the internet, so of course, people are going to assume the worst. It's likely that we're only going to get little bits of info over the course of months to the point that it's impossible to discern what happened, what might have happened, and stuff people literally made up. We'll only get information as admins divulge it, people from the server talk about it, and as ban appeals are made.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
AsbestosSniffer

Post by AsbestosSniffer » #703243

Fikou wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:27 am
AsbestosSniffer wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:26 am Why were these posts not used as examples instead of relatively innocuous ones? Surely not all of them would've revealed something too explicit that they couldn't be shown.
That was just one example apparently, there were other examples, were they all deleted?
Pepper
Byond Username: ANIMETIDDIES

Post by Pepper » #703246

TheBibleMelts wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:16 am and that very issue is being actively discussed and assessed as this thread lives and breathes. 13thsky absolutely shared some things that revealed round information such as their location, status, as well as some concerning black holes in the logs we received where other people in their group even called them out for overdoing it - IE a clearly deleted discord message surrounded by people reacting to it. many of the permabans existed because around that same time, other people in the group were grilled about just this thing potentially happening, but they denied it was.

if you lie to administration about not doing a certain thing and it's revealed that you were, in fact, doing it, the explosion is more likely to widen to affect other people who were only 'doing it a little' due to the absolute death of good faith that the administration is now forced to deal with regarding anybody caught in the blast.
On page one of this thread I asked this:
Pepper wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:13 pm was there evidence showing that they used out of game communication to gain an in round benefit, or were they permabanned purely on the merit of posting while a round was still ongoing, no matter how innocuous or useless that post may have been?
Instead of a clear 'yes' or 'no', I was given a roundabout answer that seemed to completely gloss over the individual nature of this appeal/peanut.
Cheshify wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:55 pm There are cases we've seen that are pretty clear usages of meta-info to gain in-round advantages.

Rule 2 is probably the simplest rule to follow, and the most punishing towards server enjoyment if it isn't enforced. The fact that there was metacomms by multiple players over the course of months, all in a separate special discord is a major issue, and we cannot take breaches like this lightly in the slightest. Breaches of rule 2 very quickly tend to snowball into people seeing round info, deciding that since they're good players and won't be using it harmfully (totally /s) that it's ok to post a little more.

We did however, as Fikou mentioned, not lay blanket bans on the entire community. Everything is proportional to information we found in the investigation.
Given the fact that there was no indication in this reply that there was any further evidence of metacomming on sky13th specifically, it's fair to conclude that the answer was 'no', and that everything posted in the appeal was all the admin team had as far as rulebreaking material.

So WHY THE FUCK:
TheBibleMelts wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:16 am as well as some concerning black holes in the logs we received where other people in their group even called them out for overdoing it - IE a clearly deleted discord message surrounded by people reacting to it.
are we only hearing about this SIX pages into this thread? this is VERY important, relevant information.
help
Blacklist897
Byond Username: Blacklist897

Post by Blacklist897 » #703247

:popcorn:
profile picture by "Cowboy Owlbear"
I play alexander Moore on Manuel
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master

Post by TheBibleMelts » #703248

Pepper wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:36 am
TheBibleMelts wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:16 am and that very issue is being actively discussed and assessed as this thread lives and breathes. 13thsky absolutely shared some things that revealed round information such as their location, status, as well as some concerning black holes in the logs we received where other people in their group even called them out for overdoing it - IE a clearly deleted discord message surrounded by people reacting to it. many of the permabans existed because around that same time, other people in the group were grilled about just this thing potentially happening, but they denied it was.

if you lie to administration about not doing a certain thing and it's revealed that you were, in fact, doing it, the explosion is more likely to widen to affect other people who were only 'doing it a little' due to the absolute death of good faith that the administration is now forced to deal with regarding anybody caught in the blast.
On page one of this thread I asked this:
Pepper wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:13 pm was there evidence showing that they used out of game communication to gain an in round benefit, or were they permabanned purely on the merit of posting while a round was still ongoing, no matter how innocuous or useless that post may have been?
Instead of a clear 'yes' or 'no', I was given a roundabout answer that seemed to completely gloss over the individual nature of this appeal/peanut.
Cheshify wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:55 pm There are cases we've seen that are pretty clear usages of meta-info to gain in-round advantages.

Rule 2 is probably the simplest rule to follow, and the most punishing towards server enjoyment if it isn't enforced. The fact that there was metacomms by multiple players over the course of months, all in a separate special discord is a major issue, and we cannot take breaches like this lightly in the slightest. Breaches of rule 2 very quickly tend to snowball into people seeing round info, deciding that since they're good players and won't be using it harmfully (totally /s) that it's ok to post a little more.

We did however, as Fikou mentioned, not lay blanket bans on the entire community. Everything is proportional to information we found in the investigation.
Given the fact that there was no indication in this reply that there was any further evidence of metacomming on sky13th specifically, it's fair to conclude that the answer was 'no', and that everything posted in the appeal was all the admin team had as far as rulebreaking material.

So WHY THE FUCK:
TheBibleMelts wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:16 am as well as some concerning black holes in the logs we received where other people in their group even called them out for overdoing it - IE a clearly deleted discord message surrounded by people reacting to it.
are we only hearing about this SIX pages into this thread? this is VERY important, relevant information.
if i had to guess it'd be that we're pretty new at being given extremely sensitive information and have been trying to play it safe with what we feel might get us in trouble for being considered a leak. what i posted above was probably borderline, but as the saying goes

SapphoQueer
Byond Username: SapphoQueer

Post by SapphoQueer » #703249

AsbestosSniffer wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:31 am
Fikou wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:27 am
That was just one example apparently, there were other examples, were they all deleted?
Even if that's the case, a repeated history of deleted messages within logs with "hey you're overdoing it" is on its own also evidence to some extent.
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #703250

Pepper wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:36 am So WHY THE FUCK:
I feel like we are forgetting that this is a random peanut thread populated almost entirely by people who have nothing to do with the actual appeal
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #703251

on page 1 cheshify said the appeal was reopened it might have something to do with the fact that it's information that took multiple people half a week to go through involving almost 20 players it might be a little difficult to retain an indexed reference of every incident regarding every person and it's going to take time to go through again to double check everything for this 1 specific player

this thread was always going to be a wasteland because people need to get it out of their systems. it is not a good situation. cool people were involved. it's upsetting and it's fine that people want to voice their concerns. but can we chill now?
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #703252

can we take a moment to remember when kendrick couldn't figure out how to embed youtube videos? this thread had some good moments
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
Pepper

Post by Pepper » #703255

NoxVS wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:45 am I feel like we are forgetting that this is a random peanut thread populated almost entirely by people who have nothing to do with the actual appeal
Jannies spent the last 6 pages of this thread giving me the slackjawed fluoride stare while simultaniously refusing to divulge information that makes this ban begin to make any kind of sense.

Literal Walmart worker tier behavior. I heard the DMV is hiring, guys.
help
Sightld2
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Sightld2

Post by Sightld2 » #703256

Pepper wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:52 am Jannies spent the last 6 pages of this thread giving me the slackjawed fluoride stare while simultaniously refusing to divulge information that makes this ban begin to make any kind of sense.

Please. You have honest good points, but they are lost and detracted from when you jump to hurling insults the next line.

AsbestosSniffer

Post by AsbestosSniffer » #703257

Sightld2 wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:56 am
Pepper wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:52 am Jannies spent the last 6 pages of this thread giving me the slackjawed fluoride stare while simultaniously refusing to divulge information that makes this ban begin to make any kind of sense.

Please. You have honest good points, but they are lost and detracted from when you jump to hurling insults the next line.
Like the admins in this thread calling people dipshits? Conspiracy nuts? Twats? Had this information been divulged earlier this thread would've been a lot more civil. But no, instead the consensus is to shitpost about another video game while leaving answers ambigious.
Last edited by AsbestosSniffer on Thu Sep 07, 2023 2:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Pepper

Post by Pepper » #703258

Sightld2 wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:56 am Please. You have honest good points, but they are lost and detracted from when you jump to hurling insults the next line.
You should know well as anyone how it feels to have your time wasted because someone involved has a significant lack of communication ability.
help
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master

Post by TheBibleMelts » #703259

guys check the appeal thread

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⠀⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣀⣠⣤⣤⣶⣀⣀⣀⣀⣤⣤⣦⣴⣦⡴⣶⣶⠾⠟⠛⠛⠛⠳⢶⣦⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣤⡶⠟⠋⠍⠩⣤⣀⡈⣽⣿⣏⠉⠁⠀⠀⠰⣄⡴⠊⠁⠀⣰⣴⣦⣀⣀⠀⠈⠙⢿⡆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⠏⢴⣤⣶⣶⣾⡿⠿⠻⠁⢀⣭⡅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⢿⣆⠀⠀⠈⠉⢻⣿⣿⣿⡆⠀⣮⢿⡄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⠃⠀⢸⣿⣿⣿⡟⠀⠀⢀⣧⣾⠏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠻⣷⡀⠀⠀⠈⠻⢿⣿⣧⠀⠛⢸⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⣿⠀⠀⣸⣿⣏⣡⠀⠀⣠⣾⠟⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠻⣦⡀⠀⠀⠀⢻⣿⠀⣴⣼⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡄⠀⠙⠋⠙⠃⣠⡾⠟⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⠻⣷⣄⠀⠈⠀⣠⣿⣿⣧⡄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣰⣿⠹⣷⣆⠀⣀⣴⣾⠏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠆⠀⡄⠀⠀⠹⣿⣷⣾⣿⣯⠀⠉⣿⣄⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣴⡿⠛⠀⠉⢿⣿⠿⠋⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠰⠀⠀⠀⠀⡜⠀⠀⠃⠀⠀⠉⠉⠋⠙⠀⠀⠈⠻⣷⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣴⠟⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠐⠀⠀⠀⠁⡀⠀⠀⡀⠀⠠⠐⠀⠠⡄⠀⠙⣷⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣴⡟⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠄⠀⠐⠀⠀⠈⠀⠄⠐⠀⠁⠀⠀⠁⠀⠠⠁⢻⣆⠀⠸⣷⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣿⠁⠀⣀⡀⠀⠄⠂⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠄⠂⠈⠀⢀⠀⠠⠀⠂⠀⠂⠌⠐⡠⠀⡐⢀⠀⠀⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⡧⠀⠀⢠⡀⠀⠀⠀⢀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠐⠀⠀⠠⠐⠀⠁⠐⢀⠠⠀⢠⠐⡀⣌⢀⣀⣿⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⣿⠄⠀⠘⠛⠀⠀⠂⠀⠀⠀⠄⠀⠀⠄⠀⠀⠀⠄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⠁⠀⢄⢢⠐⡈⠠⠐⣈⠸⣇⣿⣿⠈⠋⢹⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢿⡇⠀⠀⠌⢿⣄⠂⣀⠌⡀⠠⠀⠈⠀⡀⠄⠀⠀⠀⢀⠀⠀⠀⢀⠀⢄⣂⣠⣐⡈⡄⢮⣴⣼⣧⣷⣿⣿⣿⣿⠏⠀⠀⣾⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⣿⡀⠀⠀⠀⢻⣷⣮⣴⣰⣡⢆⡰⣥⢤⣆⠾⣴⢧⣄⣤⣦⣴⣬⣽⣿⣿⣿⣷⣿⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⠋⠀⠀⢠⣿⡟⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⣷⡀⠀⠀⠀⡙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⠏⡐⠁⠀⠀⣼⡏⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⣷⡀⠀⠀⢀⠠⢙⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⠁⠠⠐⡈⢀⣼⡟⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⢿⡀⠀⠀⠠⠀⢻⣿⡿⣿⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⠀⢀⠐⣸⠇⣾⡟⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⢿⣄⠀⠀⠐⠀⢻⣿⣯⢿⣽⣻⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⣿⢿⣿⣿⣿⡿⣿⣻⢯⡷⣿⣿⠁⠀⠄⣸⡟⣼⠟⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢻⣆⢠⡄⠂⠈⠻⣿⣟⡾⣽⣻⡞⣷⣻⢾⡽⣯⣟⣾⣳⢯⣟⡷⣯⢿⣽⡿⠁⠀⢂⣼⣿⠹⣿⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⠈⢿⣦⡀⠀⠈⠻⣿⣷⢯⣟⡷⣯⣟⣽⣳⣟⡾⣭⣟⡾⣽⢯⣿⠟⠁⠀⣡⣾⣿⣿⣆⠼⠛⢶⣄⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣠⡿⠁⠀⠀⠙⢿⣄⠁⠀⠉⠻⣿⣾⣽⣳⣟⣾⣳⢯⣟⡷⣯⣿⣽⠟⠉⠀⣄⢳⣾⣿⣿⣏⢿⣧⡀⠀⠉⠛⠶⣤⣄⣀⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣰⠟⢀⣴⡇⠀⠀⠈⠻⣷⣌⡠⠀⠈⠻⢿⣷⣟⡾⣽⣻⣾⣽⣿⠟⠁⠠⣸⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⡳⠞⡌⠻⣿⣶⣤⣀⠀⠀⠈⠉⠛⠻⠶⢦⣤⣀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣠⡾⠟⠘⠋⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⣠⢈⠻⢿⣶⣤⣀⠀⠙⣿⢿⣿⣿⣿⡟⠁⢀⣬⣲⣽⣿⣿⣿⣿⡳⣝⠣⢐⠀⠰⠏⠉⠛⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠛⠳⠶⣦⣀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣠⠞⠋⠀⠀⠀⡀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣴⡟⠀⠀⠤⢹⣿⣿⣷⣤⣾⣀⣀⣀⣤⣔⣾⣽⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⡘⢢⠁⠀⠀⣀⠂⠔⡀⠄⢀⠠⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠓
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⡾⠋⠀⠀⠀⢀⡾⠁⠀⠀⣴⣿⠃⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣴⣿⠻⣿⣿⣿⣶⣶⣿⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⡽⣿⣿⣿⣦⡐⢀⠀⢨⣅⢺⣿⣶⣆⠤⠈⠄⡁⠂⠄⠠⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣠⡿⠃⠀⠀⠀⢀⣾⠇⠀⠀⣰⣿⠋⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣿⡏⠰⢩⠿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⢷⡟⣿⣿⣟⣿⣿⣎⠸⢨⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣿⣦⣥⢣⡜⡰⢠⠃⡰⠀⡄⠆
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣿⠃⠀⠀⠀⣠⣿⠏⠀⠀⣠⣿⠃⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⣿⠃⠀⠈⠣⠅⠻⢼⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣟⡻⡝⠣⠄⢻⣿⠹⢄⢻⣿⣇⠘⢼⡋⢿⣿⣧⣈⣹⠿⣿⣿⣼⣣⢏⢧⡁⠘⡀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⢀⣾⠃⠀⠀⢀⣰⠿⠁⢀⣠⣾⡟⠁⠸⠀⠀⠀⠀⣰⣿⠋⠼⣷⡀⠁⠀⢈⠁⣺⣿⡿⣏⢿⡿⣿⡐⠄⠁⠀⠐⣿⡇⡈⢦⠙⣿⣆⠰⣜⡘⢾⣿⠩⣿⠻⢦⣌⡙⠻⢿⣶⣽⡳⣌⣣
⠀⠀⠀⣼⡏⠀⠀⠀⠂⠋⣠⣶⣿⣿⡟⠀⠌⢰⠀⠀⠀⣸⣿⠃⡐⠀⢿⣧⠀⠀⠀⡀⣿⣿⠒⣍⠞⣘⠿⣿⣆⠀⠄⠂⣿⡧⣑⠢⢩⠜⢿⣷⣌⠳⣊⣿⣾⣷⡀⠀⠈⠙⠳⢦⣌⣙⠻⠿⣷
⠀⠀⢰⣿⠀⠀⠀⡁⠄⠡⢈⣽⣿⣿⠁⡈⢀⠻⠀⠀⣰⣿⠃⠡⢀⠡⠈⣿⡆⠀⠁⢠⣿⡇⠣⣌⠔⣉⢚⠹⣿⣧⢀⠢⣽⣧⠃⣇⠧⣚⢬⡛⣿⠳⣥⡛⢿⣿⠃⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠉⠻⢶⡆
⠀⠀⣿⡇⠀⢀⠂⠠⢈⠐⢺⣿⡟⣿⠀⡐⢀⡟⠀⣰⣿⠏⠠⢁⠂⠄⠡⢸⣷⠈⠀⣸⣿⠀⡡⢎⠂⢥⠊⡱⡘⣿⣟⢲⣿⡷⣩⢜⡳⡜⢦⡝⣧⣛⢶⡍⢸⣟⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⢸⡿⠀⠀⡀⠂⠁⠄⡨⣿⣿⣽⡿⢀⠐⡼⠃⣰⣿⠏⠠⢁⠂⠌⠠⢁⠂⣿⠆⢀⣿⡏⡐⠀⠎⡜⢢⠣⠔⡱⢹⣿⢺⣿⢗⡼⣌⣳⠹⣞⡼⣣⣟⣮⠗⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⢸⡇⠀⢀⠐⠈⡐⠠⣵⣿⢟⣿⡇⢀⠂⢰⣾⠿⠋⢀⠁⠂⠌⠠⠃⠄⠶⢞⢻⣿⡿⠣⠜⣈⡱⢌⢡⡹⠜⣥⠓⣬⢳⣟⢺⡔⣯⢞⡽⡾⣽⣳⢯⣿⠉⣿⡿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⣾⡇⠀⠠⠈⡐⢀⠱⣿⡟⣾⣿⣇⠧⣈⠐⡉⠠⠐⠢⢈⠐⡈⠄⠡⠌⡐⢨⣾⠿⢁⠢⡐⢄⠣⢎⡖⣉⠳⣤⢛⡴⣫⡜⣧⣻⡜⣯⣽⣻⢷⣯⣿⡾⢀⣿⠇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⣿⡃⠀⠄⡁⠄⠂⢭⣿⣧⣾⣿⣿⣰⢦⡑⠠⢁⠂⠅⢂⠰⡀⠌⢂⡑⢀⠣⢌⠂⠥⢒⡉⠦⣙⠆⡧⣘⠳⡬⣏⡼⣣⣟⣵⡳⢿⡽⣾⡽⣟⣿⣾⠃⣸⡏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⢀⣿⠀⢀⠐⠠⢀⡁⣺⣿⣹⣿⣿⣿⡄⠒⡌⠒⡄⣊⡴⣀⠆⣔⢨⣄⣲⢤⡈⠤⡙⢄⣣⣜⢦⣙⢮⡱⣎⡷⣱⢮⡳⣽⠾⣼⣻⢯⣟⣷⣿⣿⣿⡟⢀⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Sightld2
In-Game Admin

Post by Sightld2 » #703260

AsbestosSniffer wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:57 am Like the admins in this thread calling people dipshits? Conspiracy nuts? Twats? Had this information been divulged earlier this thread would've been a lot more civil. But no, instead the consensus is to shitpost about a video game.
Timberpoes isn't trying to convince anyone of anything. He isn't trying to change anyone's minds. He isn't appealing to anyone.

If you want your criticism to be heard, sticking it with "You're insane" is not helpful.

And it bothers me, because I agree with you, but you're pushing us backwards.

Sightld2
In-Game Admin

Post by Sightld2 » #703261

Update: Calling this one a Major W

Pepper

Post by Pepper » #703262

LOCK THE THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOCK THE THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
help
AsbestosSniffer

Post by AsbestosSniffer » #703264

Sightld2 wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 2:04 am
AsbestosSniffer wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:57 am Like the admins in this thread calling people dipshits? Conspiracy nuts? Twats? Had this information been divulged earlier this thread would've been a lot more civil. But no, instead the consensus is to shitpost about a video game.
If you want your criticism to be heard, sticking it with "You're insane" is not helpful.

And it bothers me, because I agree with you, but you're pushing us backwards.
You know as well as I that admins are held to a certain standard and that standard has long been trod upon. What with Conrad harping on about how a player is a "twat" and then trying to help divert the thread with Starsector. To Timberpoes' double-standards to the ambiguous answers that players are getting. Can you understand why I'm infuriated? Why I'm rambling like a crazy person? Because we could've had a relatively nice thread with the answer being explained nice and simply that, yes, they did use metacomms to gain an ingame advantage and that, yes, there were more egregious examples. But as I said, why do that? You can just leave it hanging in the air and give a half-arsed answer.
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #703265

I would like to remind everyone that Kieth and Timberpoes were both popular player vote candidates and you wanted them to speak for the playerbase.

Well, you got them.
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #703266

Pepper wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 2:09 am LOCK THE THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOCK THE THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
STOP THE COUNT
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #703268

Lock the thread
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #703269

the thread will lock when people stop posting my good sir
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #703271

AsbestosSniffer wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 2:10 am What with Conrad harping on about how a player is a "twat" and then trying to help divert the thread with Starsector.
For the third time, someone mentioned a three day ban. That three day ban was a user agressively hurling insults at other people and doing nothing else.

I call that a twat. You can call me a twat for the thread derailment as well if you want, I won't get sad or anything.

I'm the one feeling like a crazy person when providing transparency of what I know without breaking admin conduct and then getting yelled at for it.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #703272

anyhow, i think i should be happy with the outcome? but im not really? hard exactly to piece together my distaste but the reasoning for it being reduced down to a month is "we got vouches from admins that say ur good. this is also an issue about metagangs btw." seems tone deaf at best. but i guess if the other line of reasoning is "we permaban for space cat picture" then i guess all is well
AsbestosSniffer

Post by AsbestosSniffer » #703273

conrad wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 2:22 am
AsbestosSniffer wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 2:10 am What with Conrad harping on about how a player is a "twat" and then trying to help divert the thread with Starsector.
For the third time, someone mentioned a three day ban. That three day ban was a user agressively hurling insults at other people and doing nothing else.

I call that a twat. You can call me a twat for the thread derailment as well if you want, I won't get sad or anything.
Except you're not just a twat but a liar too, the person in question WAS posting other things, and certainly things more useful and relevant than you and your starsector, you should've stayed out of the thread and left it alone.
Last edited by AsbestosSniffer on Thu Sep 07, 2023 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master

Post by TheBibleMelts » #703275

iwishforducks wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 2:23 am anyhow, i think i should be happy with the outcome? but im not really? hard exactly to piece together my distaste but the reasoning for it being reduced down to a month is "we got vouches from admins that say ur good. this is also an issue about metagangs btw." seems tone deaf at best. but i guess if the other line of reasoning is "we permaban for space cat picture" then i guess all is well
it's a lot more of 'they were a new player when they started it and got swept up into a community which normalized these things before they could be influenced otherwise' being taken into consideration, at least from my side.
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #703277

TheBibleMelts wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 2:25 am
iwishforducks wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 2:23 am anyhow, i think i should be happy with the outcome? but im not really? hard exactly to piece together my distaste but the reasoning for it being reduced down to a month is "we got vouches from admins that say ur good. this is also an issue about metagangs btw." seems tone deaf at best. but i guess if the other line of reasoning is "we permaban for space cat picture" then i guess all is well
it's a lot more of 'they were a new player when they started it and got swept up into a community which normalized these things before they could be influenced otherwise' being taken into consideration, at least from my side.
i figured there was dissenting opinions into the final conjured up response, which i guess is where most of my distaste of it comes from? i dont know why [them being a new player at the time] couldn't have been deliberated in the final response.
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master

Post by TheBibleMelts » #703278

iwishforducks wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 2:27 am
TheBibleMelts wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 2:25 am
i figured there was dissenting opinions into the final conjured up response, which i guess is where most of my distaste of it comes from? i dont know why [them being a new player at the time] couldn't have been deliberated in the final response.
the closest thing that exists to a final response in terms of bans on this server is the blacklist, everything else is malleable. (sometimes even the blacklist but saying that makes this statement hold less weight so shhh)
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #703280

I feel like I suffered brain damage just catching up with this thread.
Anyway, it seems like these bans were a long time coming. Zero tolerance for metacomming. There is no way to place the line where sky wouldn't have been hit with some kind of punishment.
Were some of them more severe than they should've been? Perhaps. Did they need to exist in the first place? Yes.
There is no statute of limitations on metacomms.

Then again, I come from the perspective that there shouldn't be separate discord servers- we already have the official one. Use it.
Blow up the big individual server discord(s) next. Admins shouldn't need to be wasting their time checking in on the manuel/sybil/terry/whatever discord server to make sure that people are following the basic rules of the game.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
Riggle
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Riggle

Post by Riggle » #703281

! Message from: Riggle
Please be nice to eachother! There's more to people than just text on your screen, believe it or not they're living, breathing human beings too!
Very cool link
Look at my cool text
Constellado

Post by Constellado » #703282

datorangebottle wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 2:34 am Then again, I come from the perspective that there shouldn't be separate discord servers- we already have the official one. Use it.
Blow up the big individual server discord(s) next. Admins shouldn't need to be wasting their time checking in on the manuel/sybil/terry/whatever discord server to make sure that people are following the basic rules of the game.
If so I will lose all the wonderful lore threads in manuel and that will make me sad!
Gotta somehow port them over to the TG discord. Then yeah I'll happily post there :D
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Donglesplonge
Byond Username: Donglesplonge

Post by Donglesplonge » #703290

always keep in mind that while players club can take a toll on your mental health regardless of whether or not you're a player, admin, coder, spriter, god knows what

you could be playing league of legends right now and having an even worse time
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #703291

datorangebottle wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 2:34 am Then again, I come from the perspective that there shouldn't be separate discord servers- we already have the official one. Use it.
We lost the ability to have that when the mrp specific channel on the main discord got sabotaged. People actually interested in mrp were unable to use it so they made their own discord and now it’s too late to drag them back
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
Imitates-The-Lizards
Byond Username: Typhnox

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #703294

Glad to see reasonable clemency given.

Admeme team was open minded and reasonable. Good job admeme team.
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #703295

NoxVS wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 4:42 am We lost the ability to have that when the mrp specific channel on the main discord got sabotaged. People actually interested in mrp were unable to use it so they made their own discord and now it’s too late to drag them back
I'm missing some context here, but I don't think it's ever too late for something like that.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Post by Thunder11 » #703299

datorangebottle wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 5:42 am
NoxVS wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 4:42 am We lost the ability to have that when the mrp specific channel on the main discord got sabotaged. People actually interested in mrp were unable to use it so they made their own discord and now it’s too late to drag them back
I'm missing some context here, but I don't think it's ever too late for something like that.
Moderate Rat Posting general
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Post by Cheshify » #703302

What I do appreciate is those willing to be patient and cooperate with the team as we go through everything. We're walking a fine line of keeping private information private and being transparent enough for the community at large to understand why these bans were placed. TBM has made a lot of good posts, as well as Fikou.

This was not a simple affair where we were given information once and we acted on it, but a culmination of just under a year of 'internal discussion and investigation' being capped off by the information you see in the logs being given to the admin team. I have long personally vouched for all players involved as they were seemingly not harmful, and I saw plenty of their good faith play with manuel's community. It was a shock when I was presented with the facts.

Breaking the headmin character here, this fucking sucks. This was a betrayal towards the community by people who were really fun, and I wish that any of them had just come forward with this or just moderated themselves. Thanks to those willing to hear us out and be patient as context comes out, this can't be easy on you either.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
LEDDDriver
Byond Username: LEDDriver

Post by LEDDDriver » #703305

We've given a lot of internal discussion to 13thsky in particular and, receiving vouches of character from several sources that we hold in good faith and were in no way involved in the discord or 'catgang' itself. With these discussions, we as a headmin team have decided that a month ban is more fitting, which is in line with typical final warning punishments.
:lol:

Step 1) Be a "well liked static that everyone enjoys".
Step 2) Break the rules.
Step 3) Receive a slap on the wrist "because he is so adorable and a good sport and he has so many vouchers from servers!!! :oops: "

Insane.
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #703306

LEDDDriver wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 9:48 am
We've given a lot of internal discussion to 13thsky in particular and, receiving vouches of character from several sources that we hold in good faith and were in no way involved in the discord or 'catgang' itself. With these discussions, we as a headmin team have decided that a month ban is more fitting, which is in line with typical final warning punishments.

Step 2) Break the rules.
Step 3) Receive a slap on the wrist "because he is so adorable and a good sport and he has so many vouchers from servers!!! :oops: "

Insane.
A 1 month ban is a slap on the wrist.
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Post by Cheshify » #703307

LEDDDriver wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 9:48 am Step 1) Be a "well liked static that everyone enjoys".
Step 2) Break the rules.
Insane.

To be clear, this month ban isn't a slap on the wrist, but as we said it is "in line with typical final warning punishments."
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #703312

RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 10:45 pm
Timberpoes wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 10:27 pm This thread just woke up from its Starsector-induced nap. I can't wait to see where this goes.
I think XIV is best tech, and high tech is overrated by people who spam paragons and use the
Spoiler:
ziggurat
as a crutch to get around the fact that high-tech weapons are mostly shit and have to use missiles as a crutch to actually do shield damage.

Don't @ me any high tech fan fanboys. I bet you high-tech fans main silicon in SS13, you filthy borg lovers. By Ludd, I should smite all AI lovers with an IED antimatter fuel tanker for their insolence.
we were friends again until you mentioned Ludd
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #703313

LEDDDriver wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 9:48 am

Step 2) Break the rules.

Insane.
The players in question are also now going to permanently on the "Known metacommer" radar of admins, they're not gonna need a year of investigation if it starts up again.
Also permas get reduced or even removed all the time on the basis of as little as "sorry :(" this isnt that unusual an outcome.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #703314

Pepper wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 6:06 pm
dirk_mcblade wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 10:38 am
carshalash wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 10:37 am Don't wanna ruin your fanfiction but, Pepper isn't in either the Manuelcord, or the formerly nuked discord.
Great. Prove they're not in some other discord metacomming.
I'm an open book. Here's every discord server I'm in. I'll also break down every single one.
- skyrat (i have zero messages in this server)
- boatbomber discord (public server)
- blackpantslegion aux (everyone in here is 40 and talks about battletech)
- corporate mercs discord (public server)
- tgstation (nefarious metaclique)
- an abandoned server that has had zero posts in it since 2018

Ok, dirk! your turn!
HOW DO YOU GET INTO THE FUCKING AUX