Former president Donald Trump imprisoned over sharing screenshots of nuclear disks over social media platform Discord

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Former president Donald Trump imprisoned over sharing screenshots of nuclear disks over social media platform Discord

Post by iwishforducks » #702795

Last edited by iwishforducks on Sun Sep 10, 2023 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: Former president Donald Trump imprisoned over sharing screenshots of nuclear disks over social media platform Discor

Post by Vekter » #702796

FUCKING YIKES
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Re: Former president Donald Trump imprisoned over sharing screenshots of nuclear disks over social media platform Discor

Post by Jacquerel » #702798

thats a lot of bans
AsbestosSniffer
Byond Username: The Asbestos Sniffer

Post by AsbestosSniffer » #702801

They found Bigfoot (The fabled felinid metagang)
Observer main. Otherwise I play Lucy Trelawney on Manuel.
warbluke
Byond Username: Warbluke

Post by warbluke » #702802

Excellent killstreak.
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #702803

ok ok... hold the phone for THIS specific ban appeal... the two screenshots posted were from december of 2022. they're also really not that bad. one's a central command message, and central command messages are a schrodinger's cat of ooc/ic. the other is literally just Space Cat 2 minutes before the round ends.

should they have posted it? no, lol. should it be a perma-ban-come-back-in-5-months ban? no

unless there's more evidence that's not being posted then idk Free That Specific Person I guess or whatever
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #702806

this was not a high-five moment for admins, to the contrary it's actually been very taxing on everyone emotionally. the players involved are not evil and by all accounts were very well received on the server and most people really liked having them around. but there is no timeline in which i'd ever be willing to make exceptions on a very basic and fundamental rule of the game.

the majority of the rules we have are highly contextual and very flexible with enough reasoning and justification. metacomming is not. it's integral to the social agreement we all make when we play here, and by breaking it the game falls apart. i hope the players involved take this for the lesson that it is and try to come back further down the line when they've had the time to process it and grow from it. by breaking this vital rule you are destroying the integrity of the round and doing a disservice to every one of your fellow players who are making the effort to play fairly.

i've been dreading this thread so this is probably the only thing i'm going to say on the matter, have a good one!
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
Pepper
Byond Username: ANIMETIDDIES

Post by Pepper » #702813

wait.. this ban is cringe.

what out of character advantage was gained here? all they showed as proof was the fact that they posted screenshots of an ongoing round.. metacomming is a completely different thing here.
help
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Post by Cheshify » #702814

dendydoom wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:23 pm this was not a high-five moment for admins, to the contrary it's actually been very taxing on everyone emotionally. the players involved are not evil and by all accounts were very well received on the server and most people really liked having them around. but there is no timeline in which i'd ever be willing to make exceptions on a very basic and fundamental rule of the game.
I want to emphasize this. This isn't a happy moment, this is not a good moment. I know that this is what I was getting into when I became a head admin and I intend on seeing it through, but I do not need to like this.
I would very much prefer if this peanut did not devolve into insulting the players involved, and I'm glad it hasn't. I can only hope we see better people with vouches in the future.

If you're reading this and are in an unmoderated metacord. Just leave it, it's not worth it.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #702815

i really like interacting with skye zymara ingame. its a shame to see this.
GPeckman
Byond Username: GPeckman

Post by GPeckman » #702816

Did all seven of those people who were banned share different screenshots? I'm mildly confused.
Jackraxxus
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Jackraxxus

Post by Jackraxxus » #702817

I'm getting the feeling they icebox chapel'd it.
Why punish people based on what they individually did when you can just eyeball a punishment for everyone and be done with it?
iamgoofball wrote:Vekter and MrMelbert are more likely to enforce the roleplay rules Manuel is supposed to be abiding by than Wesoda or Jackraxxus are.
Fikou
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Fikou
Github Username: Fikou

Post by Fikou » #702819

Jackraxxus wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:59 pm I'm getting the feeling they icebox chapel'd it.
Why punish people based on what they individually did when you can just eyeball a punishment for everyone and be done with it?
Hi, as someone involved in the investigation, this is not the case.
Every member had all the evidence we could find (Combing through 20k+ messages in random channels) attached to their name.
In the end, everyone who was permabanned had several instances of sharing ongoing round info with friends. Over half the people involved in the group were banned for a pretty short while or not at all.
ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Post by ekaterina » #702820

Holy crap, the sheer irony is palpable...
xPokee campaigned on cracking down on metagangs, only to get banned not even a week after the ballots closed for metagaming.
It's interesting to see Cheshify open up his term bringing down the hammer and I'm curious to see whether these bans will hold up to scrutiny.
It's not a good look for Cheshify to be going after a fellow candidate for shit that took place almost a year ago.
Last edited by ekaterina on Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
Pepper

Post by Pepper » #702821

Fikou wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:08 pm In the end, everyone who was permabanned had several instances of sharing ongoing round info with friends.
was there evidence showing that they used out of game communication to gain an in round benefit, or were they permabanned purely on the merit of posting while a round was still ongoing, no matter how innocuous or useless that post may have been?
help
warbluke
Byond Username: Warbluke

Post by warbluke » #702822

dendydoom wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:23 pm this was not a high-five moment for admins
Cheshify wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:37 pm This isn't a happy moment, this is not a good moment.
I would like to change my earlier statement:

This is now a Tragic killstreak.
Jackraxxus
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Jackraxxus

Post by Jackraxxus » #702823

Fikou wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:08 pm In the end, everyone who was permabanned had several instances of sharing ongoing round info with friends. Over half the people involved in the group were banned for a pretty short while or not at all.
idk I only saw 2 pieces of evidence in the appeal.
Also u're capping if u think the appeal in the OP is worth the same "Appeal denied fuck off and come back in a year with a vouch" as some of the others might deserve.
If u consider that bans serve two purposes:
1. To teach a lesson
2. To protect the servers from a problem player
If the latest instances of metacomms the admin can find to defend the ban in appeal is so old that if it was a note I wouldn't even read it, does a lesson need to be taught? If yes, surely the lecture on the forums achieves that goal. Admittedly their "Why you think you should be unbanned" section somewhat undermines this argument" but it's possible they just forgor :skull:. After all felinid players aren't known for being smart.
And for the second, Chesh even says in the appeal that they're not a problem player.
Other than freeing up server pop for someone who plays a more based species (Like ethereal), what does this ban achieve?
iamgoofball wrote:Vekter and MrMelbert are more likely to enforce the roleplay rules Manuel is supposed to be abiding by than Wesoda or Jackraxxus are.
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #702824

this is like when a "major drug bust" happens and it turns out they found 5 guys with a single bag of weed

oh well theres probably more stuff
respect (let him do his thing)
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master

Post by Cheshify » #702825

Pepper wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:13 pm was there evidence showing that they used out of game communication to gain an in round benefit, or were they permabanned purely on the merit of posting while a round was still ongoing, no matter how innocuous or useless that post may have been?
There are cases we've seen that are pretty clear usages of meta-info to gain in-round advantages.

Rule 2 is probably the simplest rule to follow, and the most punishing towards server enjoyment if it isn't enforced. The fact that there was metacomms by multiple players over the course of months, all in a separate special discord is a major issue, and we cannot take breaches like this lightly in the slightest. Breaches of rule 2 very quickly tend to snowball into people seeing round info, deciding that since they're good players and won't be using it harmfully (totally /s) that it's ok to post a little more.

We did however, as Fikou mentioned, not lay blanket bans on the entire community. Everything is proportional to information we found in the investigation.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master

Post by Cheshify » #702826

ekaterina wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:12 pm It's not a good look for Cheshify to be going after a fellow candidate for shit that took place almost a year ago.
Some context, this wasn't a solo operation, but the work of the head admin team.
Why would I take out a candidate anyhow, I already won head admin.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
Pepper

Post by Pepper » #702827

Cheshify wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:55 pm There are cases we've seen that are pretty clear usages of meta-info to gain in-round advantages.
Ok, then at least some of these bans are justified.
Cheshify wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:55 pm Rule 2 is probably the simplest rule to follow, and the most punishing towards server enjoyment if it isn't enforced. The fact that there was metacomms by multiple players over the course of months, all in a separate special discord is a major issue, and we cannot take breaches like this lightly in the slightest. Breaches of rule 2 very quickly tend to snowball into people seeing round info, deciding that since they're good players and won't be using it harmfully (totally /s) that it's ok to post a little more.
I'm fluent in jannie: this is word salad for le slippery slope.
Cheshify wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:55 pm We did however, as Fikou mentioned, not lay blanket bans on the entire community. Everything is proportional to information we found in the investigation.
Is posting a picture of a cat and a station-wide announcement perma ban worthy? Or was not all the evidence laid out in this appeal?
help
Constellado
Byond Username: Constellado

Post by Constellado » #702828

ekaterina wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:12 pm Holy crap, the sheer irony is palpable...
xPokee campaigned on cracking down on metagangs, only to get banned not even a week after the ballots closed for metagaming.
It's interesting to see Cheshify open up his term bringing down the hammer and I'm curious to see whether these bans will hold up to scrutiny.
It's not a good look for Cheshify to be going after a fellow candidate for shit that took place almost a year ago.
Yeah. This irony is insane. I felt xPokee's campaign a bit ironic myself at the time as well.

But also yeah, I wonder how this info went out... Was it a lucky coincidence it appeared right as chesh got headmin?

So many statics I recognise gone. Really good RP too.
Wuuf.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master

Post by Cheshify » #702830

Jackraxxus wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:28 pm Other than freeing up server pop for someone who plays a more based species (Like ethereal), what does this ban achieve?
Bans like this are important for keeping precedents established. Metacomms are against the entire spirit of the game, and these players all made conscious decisions to join an unmoderated discord server and break the rules. Staying firm on "Do Not Under Any Circumstance Metacomm" is basic stuff.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master

Post by Cheshify » #702831

Pepper wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:59 pm I'm fluent in jannie: this is word salad for le slippery slope.
And you know what? We went through the logs and saw metacomms normalized in a micro-community.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
Pepper

Post by Pepper » #702832

Cheshify wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 11:04 pm And you know what? We went through the logs and saw metacomms normalized in a micro-community.
I'm not refuting you, just clarifying. I would, however, like your take on this:
Pepper wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:59 pm Is posting a picture of a cat and a station-wide announcement perma ban worthy? Or was not all the evidence laid out in this appeal?
I get you want to be all secret and stuff regarding the exact who's or what's that led to logs in this discord getting posted, but without some more of the picture here your intentions become equally as unclear.
help
blackdav123
Byond Username: Blackdav123

Post by blackdav123 » #702833

going to guess that the people with one or two screenshots of metacomms are going to be the appeals we see and anyone with mountains of screenshots wont bother appealing
Weston Echard on Sybil
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master

Post by Cheshify » #702835

Pepper wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 11:07 pm
Cheshify wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 11:04 pm And you know what? We went through the logs and saw metacomms normalized in a micro-community.
I'm not refuting you, just clarifying. I would, however, like your take on this:
Pepper wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:59 pm Is posting a picture of a cat and a station-wide announcement perma ban worthy? Or was not all the evidence laid out in this appeal?
I get you want to be all secret and stuff regarding the exact who's or what's that led to logs in this discord getting posted, but without some more of the picture here your intentions become equally as unclear.
I'm happy to provide context. As I am now a head admin nobody aside my other head admins can actually stop me from being transparent :mrgreen:

The issue with metacomms is like the issue with blowing up the shuttle 1 second before EORG or talking about something really funny the clown did in OOC even if it doesn't have an effect, we can't always let things slip by if they're entirely against the social contract of the game. We can't allow any instances of discussing in-round information not to be seen as metacomming simply because it "technically was okay". The main issue is that it was done on a private server away from administration with the intent to provide information to the round that others would otherwise have no way of learning. During the investigations we saw this behaviour repeated multiple times and nobody stopped to think "hm maybe we should just always stop this, or get people who are doing this out of the discord."

EDIT: And nobody just talked to an admin and self-reported, which I can easily see as being a "drop to a note and forget about it" situation. If something reaches the point where a massive investigation needs to have done, then it's too late.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #702838

so… no other evidence for this specific person? :?
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TheBibleMelts

Post by TheBibleMelts » #702843

iwishforducks wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 11:40 pm so… no other evidence for this specific person? :?
we're not applying these bans lightly, several of us were good friends with a lot of people affected and i personally enjoyed seeing skye herself as a player - oftentimes trying to make her time as a rolepicked prisoner more interesting with button shenanigans. we are reviewing these appeals as they come for more detail, and i do feel the newness of skye as a player might hold some water pending some discussions with the other headmins.
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #702845

iwishforducks wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 11:40 pm so… no other evidence for this specific person? :?
I do notice that point being suspiciously ignored in all of the multi-posting about it, yes.

Edit: Also
ekaterina wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:12 pm
Have to wait and see on evidence, but it's possible that they did it in the past, then realized that it was harmful and stopped, and wanted to change things.
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #702846

Do you really want more evidence being dregged up to really kill that person?
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
AsbestosSniffer

Post by AsbestosSniffer » #702847

Archie700 wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 12:03 am Do you really want more evidence being dregged up to really kill that person?
Yeah duh, kill em harder and deader
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #702849

Archie700 wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 12:03 am Do you really want more evidence being dregged up to really kill that person?
when the unfortunate truth is that one bad appeal/ban can undermine an entire investigation, the answer is: yes.
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #702850

It's not about More Evidence, it's which one WAS used.

I don't even necessarily want them to post the evidence here, I just want peoples' concerns to be answered. It's a bad look when everything EXCEPT that one thing gets responded to.
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #702851

TheBibleMelts wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 11:51 pm
we're not applying these bans lightly, several of us were good friends with a lot of people affected and i personally enjoyed seeing skye herself as a player - oftentimes trying to make her time as a rolepicked prisoner more interesting with button shenanigans. we are reviewing these appeals as they come for more detail, and i do feel the newness of skye as a player might hold some water pending some discussions with the other headmins.
thankyou, this is good insight.
MooCow12
Byond Username: MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #702854

sad ban
List of my favorite TG Staff.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
cSeal wrote: TLDR suck my nuts you bald bitch
Thranos
Byond Username: Thranos

Post by Thranos » #702855

The staff themselves are saying these are good players, not problem players, not people with multiple previous bans or a ton of notes or anything, aye?
Why not simply give a long but temporary ban to anyone who posted non-round-critical things, and a perma to anyone who posted actual "I died in X" tier shit?

That way players like Skye, who in the "20,000 messages combed through" apparently only posted an announcement (viewable by all people on the server, alive or dead, in any location) and "ha ha funny space cat" two minutes before round end, don't get absolutely blasted as though they'd done something on par with "@everyone 47 people HEY ENWORD SHITTERHANDS KILLED ME WITH AN EBOW IN DORMS THREE BLOW HIM UP WITH THIS MAXCAP I HID BEHIND A WALL AT THESE GPS COORDINATES".

I get that metacomms bad, le slippery slope, etc, but there's a point where zero tolerance becomes pants-on-head, and I think this is it. This is on par with "child takes bite out of pop-tart, suspended for saying it looks like a gun".
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master

Post by TheBibleMelts » #702856

Thranos wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 12:33 am The staff themselves are saying these are good players, not problem players, not people with multiple previous bans or a ton of notes or anything, aye?
Why not simply give a long but temporary ban to anyone who posted non-round-critical things, and a perma to anyone who posted actual "I died in X" tier shit?

That way players like Skye, who in the "20,000 messages combed through" apparently only posted an announcement (viewable by all people on the server, alive or dead, in any location) and "ha ha funny space cat" two minutes before round end, don't get absolutely blasted as though they'd done something on par with "@everyone 47 people HEY ENWORD SHITTERHANDS KILLED ME WITH AN EBOW IN DORMS THREE BLOW HIM UP WITH THIS MAXCAP I HID BEHIND A WALL AT THESE GPS COORDINATES".

I get that metacomms bad, le slippery slope, etc, but there's a point where zero tolerance becomes pants-on-head, and I think this is it. This is on par with "child takes bite out of pop-tart, suspended for saying it looks like a gun".
there's always going to be more than what we reveal or reasonings that don't make it to the public that influence sweeping things like this, but in skyes case we are going to be discussing her individually on some points that have already been brought up in this thread, and some that have been brought up internally.

we're not out to lose cool people if we can help it. not all rules we have are enforced with the severity that the rules page implies on a case by case basis, but rule 2 and rule 8 are things we come down hard on because we have to.
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #702857

I was out all day seeing friends and having a gay old time playing some Flesh & Blood.

I did not expect to come back home to a fucking purge.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
AsbestosSniffer

Post by AsbestosSniffer » #702859

Thranos wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 12:33 am snip
I don't have anything to add, only that I agree with Thranos' sentiment here, I greatly enjoyed the presence of these players and to see players like Skye getting permanently banned for messages that seem so...minute feels wrong to me. I understand there were a lot of messages to comb through, but surely if there were particularly egregious examples, they would've been shown as Skye metacomming instead of the previously discussed images.
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master

Post by Cheshify » #702860

MooCow12 wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 12:32 amsad ban
I agree, and the thread is reopened again. Give us some time to discuss it internally.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
Thranos
Byond Username: Thranos

Post by Thranos » #702861

conrad wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 12:40 am I was out all day seeing friends and having a gay old time playing some Flesh & Blood.

I did not expect to come back home to a fucking purge.
Yeah I'd been off Manuel for a few days playing Eris, and came back to "oh that's like a fourth of the people I regularly interact with on Manuel gone what the fuck-".
Fren256
Byond Username: Fren256

Post by Fren256 » #702863

conrad wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:25 pm I want you to know that I value you as a person.
Avid lizard player
Spoiler:
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master

Post by TheBibleMelts » #702865

these bans were handed out with the idea that appeals would eventually come, and threads like these actually provide good insight on what individual players involved provided to the community at large. some of the people who ate permenant bans likely won't be appealing their rule 2 bans for the amount of evidence against them, but we're hoping the less egregious cases appeal so that we can handle them based on ways they've distinguished themselves from the others who have been banned.

i am very sad to not see some of the faces i've played with regularly as most of you are.
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #702866

We really cannot reveal more that what is posted because the information is of a private nature.

Only the headmins and headmins-elect have the full info and they have to crop it up to prevent more info from leaking.

I can say for sure that the banned players have avenues to privately request an audience with them and get the relevant info and defend themselves.
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #702867

I TOLD EVERYONE CHESHIFY WOULD GO OFF THE RAILS WHEN ELECTED

I TOLD YOU ALL

i guess the rumors of the felinid metagangs on manuel were true..
but no seriously, it's gotta be really fucking tough to ban long time friends. like, really really tough. that sucks guys.
i feel like maybe a better way to handle it though would have been to sit everyone down, get everyone to publicly apologize, and then give them all 6 month bans or something as a show of some kind of punishment.

there is no win from this I suppose.
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #702868

TheBibleMelts wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 12:59 am we're hoping the less egregious cases appeal so that we can handle them based on ways they've distinguished themselves from the others who have been banned.
I hate to be that guy, but with sinful out of the players club, i suppose someone has to

how exactly would one appeal from those banned have more or less merit than another?
they were ALL in the discord together, does it really matter what was posted and by who, when they ALL CHOSE to stay in that discord and view the information?
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master

Post by TheBibleMelts » #702871

Kendrickorium wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 1:28 am
TheBibleMelts wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 12:59 am we're hoping the less egregious cases appeal so that we can handle them based on ways they've distinguished themselves from the others who have been banned.
I hate to be that guy, but with sinful out of the players club, i suppose someone has to

how exactly would one appeal from those banned have more or less merit than another?
they were ALL in the discord together, does it really matter what was posted and by who, when they ALL CHOSE to stay in that discord and view the information?
it was pointed out in this thread that skye was a 1-month old player when some of those incidents that led to their ban were logged, as an example. i agree that most people should have given the discord a general sniff-test and gotten the hell out of there immediately, but i don't want to damn people on the basis of just wanting to have friends. we're all still human and get the good brain chemicals from sharing spaces of people that think in similar ways to us.
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #702872

What even lead to this? Was there an undercover operation going on? Do we have spies in more metacomming servers? Do we have honeypots?
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #702874

i am in every metagang discord that has ever existed and i am eating all of the snacks and dip when they're not looking