Local Coder Doubles down (STONKS EDITION)

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Arcanemusic
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ArcaneMusic

Local Coder Doubles down (STONKS EDITION)

Post by Arcanemusic » #702911

https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/78164

God damnit now I have to do math when I play cargo?

Who thought this was a good idea
I Broke: Economy, Hydroponics, Trading Cards, Mice, Civilian Bounties, the BEPIS, Techwebs, Newscasters, and MORE EVERY DAY
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Re: Local Coder Doubles down (STONKS EDITION)

Post by Cheshify » #702912

It's so over. Someone gave cargo MORE CONTENT??? Wtf kill this man.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #702914

You're not supposed to create your own peanuts.
Seems like it's a good pr though.
Last edited by dirk_mcblade on Wed Sep 06, 2023 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arcanemusic
Code Maintainer

Post by Arcanemusic » #702915

dirk_mcblade wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 4:13 am You're not supposed to create your own peanuts.
Chesh was too tired to make one so I helped him out
I Broke: Economy, Hydroponics, Trading Cards, Mice, Civilian Bounties, the BEPIS, Techwebs, Newscasters, and MORE EVERY DAY
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #702918

Arcanemusic wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 4:08 am https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/78164

8/10 thread title, -2 for creating your own peanut(sad)
Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #702920

Kendrickorium wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 4:27 am 8/10 thread title, -2 for creating your own peanut(sad)
that 8/10 better be before the -2, stonks has been stale since someone first thought of it.

also stocks will always lead to bicycle.
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #702921

0/10 thread title review
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #702922

The key to a good title review from kendrick is to reference either stonks, apes together strong, or biden clotshot stop the steal. Anything else tops out at 6 max.
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #702925

dirk_mcblade wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 4:31 am The key to a good title review from kendrick is to reference either stonks, apes together strong, or biden clotshot stop the steal. Anything else tops out at 6 max.
i can't ever remember who I dislike or like on here as a gamers club peanut poster, so i'll just say you are incorrect
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #702926

I was going to complain about how this would just lead to cargo getting yelled at even more for not bulk shipping 2,000 sheets of iron in for the roboticists to use while making (and jerking off to) their EORG mechs while all the miners are gored against the lavaland rocks because they were boss rushing, but it doesn't seem to be that.

Seems neat? Cargo does kind of have an issue where there's not much to do if there isn't orders coming in (and drones suck). I kind of missed this mechanic from goon. Granted, 9/10 you just waited for shipparts to be in demand and bulk sell those.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
LEDDDriver
Byond Username: LEDDriver

Post by LEDDDriver » #702960

RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 4:42 am I was going to complain about how this would just lead to cargo getting yelled at even more for not bulk shipping 2,000 sheets of iron in for the roboticists to use while making (and jerking off to) their EORG mechs while all the miners are gored against the lavaland rocks because they were boss rushing, but it doesn't seem to be that.

Seems neat? Cargo does kind of have an issue where there's not much to do if there isn't orders coming in (and drones suck). I kind of missed this mechanic from goon. Granted, 9/10 you just waited for shipparts to be in demand and bulk sell those.
The problem with TG cargo is that the economy is there for nothing to be used for unless 1)Revs 2)Nukies/Blob 3)maxed out kudzu(Weed killer on smoke machine is A LOT more efficient for this job). You can decide to grind out cubes as non-cargo but ultimately there is not a lot (if any i'd argue now that RCDs are shiftstart purchaseable) to use credits on. I've played a lot of rounds very recently where i just focus on making cargo rich through stupendous amounts of healium. The vast majority of QMs just told me there is not a lot of stuff they can do with credits and they just wait for 1/2/3 to happen to begin spending.

The PR is a step in the right direction because it is my belief that our cargo is really bad.

Drones remind me of town-building mobile games, where you spend resources and have to wait IRL hours and days to complete. Really really odd content.
Chadley
Byond Username: Armodias

Post by Chadley » #703047

Im about to speculate the intergalactic market into oblivion.

Bonus points if someone codes in a way to compete against the admins.
► Show Spoiler
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #703058

i love this so much now i can stand around in cargo chain smoking in a suit with the tie undone yelling BUY BUY BUY SELL SELL SELL and then hang myself when my bananium stocks crash
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
warbluke
Byond Username: Warbluke

Post by warbluke » #703061

You know, this system doesn't have to be limited to minerals. We could, in theory later down the line if someone codes it, spend all the station's money investing in Thirteen Loko, or bike manufacturers.
Also, being able to explode the market (figuratively) would be a fun side-feature to give to the CRAB phone.
Scriptis
Byond Username: Scriptis

Post by Scriptis » #703063

good job arcane (love u) (dont forget departmental ore budgets) (im going to port the cruelty squad stock market ui to this)
Spoiler:

Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #703067

I actually like this idea and think we should keep it even if we don't implement Arcane's mining rework.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #703074

Vekter wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 3:26 pm I actually like this idea and think we should keep it even if we don't implement Arcane's mining rework.
Arcane's speculation in the PR is that this won't work without the mining changes because with the supply of ore a miner can reliably return with current mining you would simply buy 15 bicycyles.
The Wrench
Byond Username: The Wrench

Post by The Wrench » #703080

I mean, if this is a bribe for the mining rework. I’m down. As a non miner it means I can still get ores and now the QM can make cargo great again.
Jonathan Gupta wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:32 pm all you godamn do is whine and complain come up with ideas, stop bitching for christs sake.
Flatulent wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:02 am You and anyone who supports the rule 3 as described by mso is simply put not an lrp player

Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #703084

Jacquerel wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 3:51 pm
Vekter wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 3:26 pm I actually like this idea and think we should keep it even if we don't implement Arcane's mining rework.
Arcane's speculation in the PR is that this won't work without the mining changes because with the supply of ore a miner can reliably return with current mining you would simply buy 15 bicycyles.
If we are not proceeding with that PR, I need to heavily rework the numbers on this PR because otherwise this PR produces bicycle levels of profit for very little effort.
It can be done, he just needs to do a bunch of tweaking.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
MooCow12
Byond Username: MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #703098

Imagine getting banned from a server in the future because you exploiting the market is considered unrealistic and powergaming
List of my favorite TG Staff.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
cSeal wrote: TLDR suck my nuts you bald bitch
Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #703100

This sounds fun. Maybe It's the excuse I need to play cargo. I'm all for ANY economy system existing on the station. Hope it holds up in practice.

dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #703101

my favourite interpretation of money will always be for the roleplay of having stacks. i personally have never really cared for a "balanced" economy where money has a very important role in the game. if someone is offering me a briefcase full of cash, i'm going to accept the bribe because i would then be in possession of a briefcase full of fucking CA$H
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
MooCow12
Byond Username: MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #703102

Might go back to making bomb shops for ez money to buy matts but need a way to get them when cargo bad
List of my favorite TG Staff.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
cSeal wrote: TLDR suck my nuts you bald bitch
The Wrench
Byond Username: The Wrench

Post by The Wrench » #703116

I’m totally fine with this assuming that heads of staff can use the department budget cards to order materials too
Jonathan Gupta wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:32 pm all you godamn do is whine and complain come up with ideas, stop bitching for christs sake.
Flatulent wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:02 am You and anyone who supports the rule 3 as described by mso is simply put not an lrp player

Arcanemusic
Code Maintainer

Post by Arcanemusic » #703178

Scriptis wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 3:19 pm good job arcane (love u) (dont forget departmental ore budgets) (im going to port the cruelty squad stock market ui to this)
Didn't forget, also please god do
warbluke wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 3:17 pm You know, this system doesn't have to be limited to minerals. We could, in theory later down the line if someone codes it, spend all the station's money investing in Thirteen Loko, or bike manufacturers.
Also, being able to explode the market (figuratively) would be a fun side-feature to give to the CRAB phone.
He got me, he fucking got me, this framework isn't limited to just minerals going forward
But minerals just happens to be more pressing and also let us make sure we did it right the first time
warbluke
Byond Username: Warbluke

Post by warbluke » #703198

Arcanemusic wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 10:20 pm He got me, he fucking got me, this framework isn't limited to just minerals going forward
Hell yeah! Not only am I freed from ever having to visit lavaland again, but I can also invest my life savings into insuls!
Constellado
Byond Username: Constellado

Post by Constellado » #703473

My stonks themed AI character will be able to do actual stonks.

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #703485

Constellado wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 4:28 am My stonks themed AI character will be able to do actual stonks.

Dump it.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
iansdoor
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Iansdoor

Post by iansdoor » #703510

Arcanemusic wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 4:08 am https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/78164

That is never the issue..? Materials market is a great idea! Math is just how much you profit from sitting on it. It's just a shame that its just processed sheets or maybe... an opportunity, if this is successful to open up other markets. I'd assume there is one on robotic parts, manufactured goods. Botany crap and unusual items. A real lag machine is walking by a 1500 unit fridge in Botany. Perhaps, your potentially successful endeavor could help run the station smoother.
As that market is, I like your addition. I don't like the unusual tower defense idea as that stands. This opinion changes if miners have more tools to deal *alpha damage, aka crappy cheap Pka turrets or deployable sandbags would be nice addition.

*alpha damage is something you don't have to click or micromanage on. Example: miner bots deal in alpha damage.
iansdoor
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Iansdoor

Post by iansdoor » #703511

The Wrench wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 6:40 pm I’m totally fine with this assuming that heads of staff can use the department budget cards to order materials too
If they keep budget cards. I would argue that one ore silo gotta go to the dumpster and we go back to the ol fun days! Those days asking and requesting for better parts from science and materials from mining. I see construction bags and they are barely useful, yet store 500 sheets of a material. mining borgs have unlimited sheet pick up module and never used once. Maybe, allow ore silo to be made, but start round one should be gone.