Biased-Mon HATES security players and Vekter FORCES player to appeal the ban.

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Sightld2
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Sightld2

Biased-Mon HATES security players and Vekter FORCES player to appeal the ban.

Post by Sightld2 » #703479

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=34901

I am really not sure I agree with the use of the word bias in that ticket from our hero.

Bmon
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Bmon

Re: Biased-Mon HATES security players and Vekter FORCES player to appeal the ban.

Post by Bmon » #703486

i am very biased against security, in fact i am so biased against sec that it is my most played job on TG
technokek
Byond Username: Technokek

Re: Biased-Mon HATES security players and Vekter FORCES player to appeal the ban.

Post by technokek » #703499

The player just got overwhelmed with the situation and committed suicide. Pretty sad that we note people for something they can't control.
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #703502

you control the buttons you press
technokek
Byond Username: Technokek

Post by technokek » #703504

Spoken like someone who has never met a neurodivergent person in their entire life....
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #703505

lmao
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #703513

Bmon wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:57 am i am very biased against security, in fact i am so biased against sec that it is my most played job on TG
Masochist over here.
Hugs
TypicalRig
Byond Username: TypicalRig

Post by TypicalRig » #703515

Biased-mon makes Bmon sound like some sort of Pokémon.
Lacran
Byond Username: Lacran

Post by Lacran » #703516

This dude failed the basics of sec and ahelp conduct
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #703518

Who else but plasmamen
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #703534

i'm not reading all these words
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #703536

i honestly do feel for this dude, hos is worse than captain for stress, probably the worst in the game for it, and under the heatlamp of rules (mrp rules at that) it can be really easy to just throw your hands up and say fuck it, i'm not doing this anymore because of how much it sucks.

but it was a situation that could've been easily resolved with a deep breath and taking 10 seconds to calm down. bmon is a good dude who is understanding of players in shitty situations, but if you're combative then the ways in which you can be helped quickly start to dwindle. i hope the player is doing alright because it seems like they've taken the whole situation pretty hard. it's no big deal really, i'm pretty sure every hos experiences suicidal thoughts.
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
AsbestosSniffer
Byond Username: The Asbestos Sniffer

Post by AsbestosSniffer » #703538

From my experiences with the player in question, he's usually quite fun and trustworthy, I highly doubt his actions were malicious, just suffering from a stressful situation. It'd be a shame if we lost another sec player to this because often on Manuel, security's really lacking or filled with shitters.

As for the people who say it wasn't stressful, think about this: You're the Head of Security, your role is to herd your department and make sure the station doesn't fall into anarchy as a result of enemies of the corporation or other such criminal acts, that means wrangling potentially a lot of people. You manage to arrest one of these ne'er-do-wells but suddenly someone completely random runs up, slips you and releases said ne'er-do-well. You stun them, accidentally harmbaton them once but do it again for good measure, surely it wouldn't do any harm, right?

You take them to the brig and strip them, accidentally removing their plasma tank in the process, you manage to put it back on and open the valve, but unknown to you, it's too late. You leave them bucklecuffed (which while not against the rules is still not the nicest thing to do) and then run off, no doubt to look for that troublemaker who escaped in the first place.

Suddenly, you get bwoinked and an Admin is breathing down your neck in a seemingly angry tone, accusing you of purposefully leaving someone critted in their cell, you try to find them but all the doors have been opened and you can't see them anywhere, meanwhile the station is full of people acting like people do when security is busy (For example: Like lil tidin' shits).

While suicide wasn't the right idea and the player could've tried to respond in a more polite manner, this was clearly stressful and Bmon's aggressive tone from the start clearly didn't help, he assumed the player was guilty from the very start, at least to me, and it's really a shame because Bmon usually is a cool dude.
Last edited by AsbestosSniffer on Fri Sep 08, 2023 5:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Observer main. Otherwise I play Lucy Trelawney on Manuel.
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #703539

time to learn botany maybe
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #703546

reading this situation made me sad.
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #703547

anyways, this is a classic “start out the ticket with accusations” moment
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin

Post by dendydoom » #703548

honestly giving an annoying detainee a lil harmbaton here and there is a perk of the job, especially for the hos. it should be expected. i used to do it all the time when i played sec and i'm not ashamed to admit it. some people deserve a beating and i'll be the first to hand it out...
NSFW:
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #703549

dendydoom wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 5:57 pm honestly giving an annoying detainee a lil harmbaton here and there is a perk of the job, especially for the hos. it should be expected. i used to do it all the time when i played sec and i'm not ashamed to admit it. some people deserve a beating and i'll be the first to hand it out...
2 harm batons for people who interfere with arrests is 8 too few
AsbestosSniffer

Post by AsbestosSniffer » #703550

iwishforducks wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 5:55 pm anyways, this is a classic “start out the ticket with accusations” moment
Not just starting but continuing, since the player was accused of round removal (which...they're in a cell, is that really round removal now?), it'd probably give me the message that I wasn't welcome for a while.
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #703552

I still kind of feel like security has way too much shit slanted against it. You have the clusterfuck of dynamic*, with multiple antags being station ending threats, but you also have to catch and release, all the while 10-15% of the crew will always act like antag-lite and actively hinder security at every waking moment, you deal with borgs trying to intervene because people will immediately squeal "HUMAN HARM HOS KILLIN ME" if you baton them, and if you fuck up once you'll get ahelped.

Then people turn around and go "Why are the only sec mains masochist, or assholes?"

We had a time where there was only 1-3 security on Manuel some rounds during peak hours and it was complete shit.

*I absolutely refuse to believe that dynamic is designed around 1-3 security like some maintainers have claimed. It's not.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
AsbestosSniffer

Post by AsbestosSniffer » #703554

RedBaronFlyer wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:05 pm and if you fuck up once you'll get ahelped.
Not just ahelped, but quite bluntly so, automatically accusing you of doing something rather than possibly just committing a mistake, this is also ignoring the conduct of the other player in question considering they said absolutely NOTHING while they were initially dying and while the HoS was still around. They could've just said "Hey I'm dying" or something of that sort instead of going in D-chat "wow i sure do love when the head of security roundkills me".
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin

Post by dendydoom » #703556

i think dynamic is cool but it has created a very different atmosphere for a lot of the game, especially on mrp. my sec career sorta ended after the first deployment of dynamic. i enjoyed the downtime of the role a lot when it was just gamemodes and rounds were a lot calmer on average. the roleplay angle of walking the beat, solving minor crimes, fining people, resolving roleplay situations that aren't just driven by antag mechanics, all of that stuff really got put on the backburner with how much dynamic ramped up the intensity of rounds. i do like it because it adds a lot to the game, but the one caveat is that it made sec sort of too intense for me to enjoy it in a roleplay aspect anymore. if you spend too long "roleplaying" then everyone is pissed that you seemingly rolled over and let the antags win, when really you wanted to do a little more than be a validhunter with a license to kill.
NSFW:
AsbestosSniffer

Post by AsbestosSniffer » #703558

Bmon wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:57 am i am very biased against security, in fact i am so biased against sec that it is my most played job on TG
However you mostly play in medical these days, with security being an occasional pick, this isn't to discredit your words entirely, only to say that it isn't the uncontroversial evidence to the contrary you think it is.
nianjiilical
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Nianjiilical

Post by nianjiilical » #703559

TypicalRig wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 12:35 pm Biased-mon makes Bmon sound like some sort of Pokémon.
thats digimon you inedible bean
human: ramon chivara
ai: shitpost generator
borg: shite-115
clown: donk tonkler
mime: beautiful noise

admin feedback thread

my admin policy:
Spoiler:
Bmon
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Bmon

Post by Bmon » #703561

AsbestosSniffer wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:28 pm
However you mostly play in medical these days, with security being an occasional pick, this isn't to discredit your words entirely, only to say that it isn't the uncontroversial evidence to the contrary you think it is.
still my top pick on paradise where sec is arguably a way more stressful job to play there

i think if you combine my tg and para sec hours its like 1000+
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #703562

the trick is to get into the mindset of not letting what they do bother you

if you dont know what to do a nice 30 point gulag will get most shitters to ssd
iansdoor
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Iansdoor

Post by iansdoor » #703563

Kendrickorium wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:58 pm the trick is to get into the mindset of not letting what they do bother you

Ha. Word! A 30 point sentence does work every single time as messed up as it is. Some folks would rather break out and go through lava than mine 6 sand floors. All in order to keep escalation towards you and security.
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #703568

iansdoor wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:05 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:58 pm the trick is to get into the mindset of not letting what they do bother you

Ha. Word! A 30 point sentence does work every single time as messed up as it is. Some folks would rather break out and go through lava than mine 6 sand floors. All in order to keep escalation towards you and security.
if i find out they broke out i build them a 3x3 metal wall cell in perma

and yeah its sad. i figure they break out because they DONT EVEN BOTHER CHECKING THE AMOUNT OF POINTS.
MooCow12
Byond Username: MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #703575

okay but not being able to turn on someone`s internals when the tank is in their pocket is cringe.
List of my favorite TG Staff.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
cSeal wrote: TLDR suck my nuts you bald bitch
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #703585

dendydoom wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:14 pm i think dynamic is cool but it has created a very different atmosphere for a lot of the game, especially on mrp. my sec career sorta ended after the first deployment of dynamic. i enjoyed the downtime of the role a lot when it was just gamemodes and rounds were a lot calmer on average. the roleplay angle of walking the beat, solving minor crimes, fining people, resolving roleplay situations that aren't just driven by antag mechanics, all of that stuff really got put on the backburner with how much dynamic ramped up the intensity of rounds. i do like it because it adds a lot to the game, but the one caveat is that it made sec sort of too intense for me to enjoy it in a roleplay aspect anymore. if you spend too long "roleplaying" then everyone is pissed that you seemingly rolled over and let the antags win, when really you wanted to do a little more than be a validhunter with a license to kill.
Summed up perfectly. Sec is in a fuck or be fucked situation. There's no really having fun as sec.
Striders13
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Striders13

Post by Striders13 » #703586

Manuel sec is VERY fun to play, though most of the time there's zero threat, and any valid get instantly deep fried by 5 seccies with laser guns, due to them not seeing any antag activity for an hour. Still, I mostly have fun by screwing around with assistants/clowns.
► Show Spoiler
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #703594

RedBaronFlyer wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:05 pm I still kind of feel like security has way too much shit slanted against it. You have the clusterfuck of dynamic*, with multiple antags being station ending threats, but you also have to catch and release, all the while 10-15% of the crew will always act like antag-lite and actively hinder security at every waking moment, you deal with borgs trying to intervene because people will immediately squeal "HUMAN HARM HOS KILLIN ME" if you baton them, and if you fuck up once you'll get ahelped.

Then people turn around and go "Why are the only sec mains masochist, or assholes?"

We had a time where there was only 1-3 security on Manuel some rounds during peak hours and it was complete shit.

*I absolutely refuse to believe that dynamic is designed around 1-3 security like some maintainers have claimed. It's not.
I've pretty much quit Sec, even though I was a Det Main who loved it. I can have my theories all I like, but even when I usually turn out to be right, there's no smoking gun for Sec to actually do anything more than just a Search. And by the time I can manage to gather one, there's 27 blobs, 6 dragons, the Ninja has just bombed Medbay while they're fighting off a Sentient Disease, and the Nuclear Wizards just absorbed the Captain in maintenance.

There just isn't enough time to actually do any investigating before things have gone so off the rails that even if you call out a full Cluedo answer ("It was John Smith, the Botanist, in Atmospherics with a DEsword") the team will either be too busy to notice, or notice but not care because there are bigger problems.

Dynamic definitely still needs work, me thinks.

Edit:
dendydoom wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:14 pm i think dynamic is cool but it has created a very different atmosphere for a lot of the game, especially on mrp. my sec career sorta ended after the first deployment of dynamic. i enjoyed the downtime of the role a lot when it was just gamemodes and rounds were a lot calmer on average. the roleplay angle of walking the beat, solving minor crimes, fining people, resolving roleplay situations that aren't just driven by antag mechanics, all of that stuff really got put on the backburner with how much dynamic ramped up the intensity of rounds. i do like it because it adds a lot to the game, but the one caveat is that it made sec sort of too intense for me to enjoy it in a roleplay aspect anymore. if you spend too long "roleplaying" then everyone is pissed that you seemingly rolled over and let the antags win, when really you wanted to do a little more than be a validhunter with a license to kill.
Very much this. I almost miss the old gamemodes because you got that time for stuff. It'd be nice to see them come back, with Dynamic as just one of the modes that can roll. If we still ran it on Secret, you wouldn't know if that Cultist means it's a flat out Cult round, or Dynamic gave you Cult today. But it'd still give you those slower rounds, too.
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Post by Cheshify » #703596

Dynamic and it's consequences have been disastrous for MRP. One of four traitors with an hour of time and the occasional random event to spice things up will always have a better chance at "VS Security/ VS Station" roleplay than one of fifteen constantly spawning antags that security must insta-valid and round remove just to keep the station afloat.

In addition, the ability to let antags get away with minimal stress isn't present because every single antagonist snowballs into a Super Saiyan that can singlehandedly nuke the station. So now there are constantly spawning ticking timebombs that security MUST handle or else everyone has a pretty good chance at dying, and security can't roleplay with individual antagonists because they're on such a time crunch that the only way to do their job well is to ensure every antag discovered is permanently dead.

Maybe this is something I can change with config when I'm promoted, maybe it isn't. I just know that dynamic and snowball antags have not helped MRP thrive as a roleplay server.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #703598

EmpressMaia wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 2:32 am
Summed up perfectly. Sec is in a fuck or be fucked situation. There's no really having fun as sec.
>put baton and disabler in sec locker
>go to bar
>take off helmet
>sit down

it's just that easy!
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #703618

Deal with the problems that are in front of you as sec and ignore the rest until they too are in front of you. Otherwise you'll be running all over handing out half-assed resolutions left and right, while also going crazy.

The ticket looks fine too. Player was given a chance to correct things ICly and didn't, thus it was handled OOCly. cest la vie
kayozz
Byond Username: Kayozz11

Post by kayozz » #703621

Admin was a bit accusatory in that. It does come across as that admin had already made up their mind as to what had happened, rather than asking 'hey what's going on' , they were like 'hey why did you deliberately do this?'...

That said, some sec players are absolute cancer. I got lethalled to death the other day simply for resisting arrest because of 'moving a space heater'. I didn't even fucking know I was wanted, so had a sec officer wordlessly shooting me with disablers and when I tried to run and ask why I was wanted they then resorted to lethals. Then when I made an ahelp about it, I got told by the admin - 'it's fine they were new'....

So I think having to deal with shit-sec half the time or powergaming HOS's (who run around with their shields out at round start) etc is what causes usually calm players to decide to fuck with sec. And then anyone who plays sec usually does so to treat any kind of minor crime as the end of the world with no space for nuance or discretion.

I have no answers, but it's a vicious circle. Sec being a necessary evil, but usually played by the worst types of players/powergamers and getting wound up by non-sec who are sick of their shit and resist arrest just because it won't make a difference to their sentence anyway.

And half the time you report a crime to security and they either don't bother investigating it, ignore you or get distracted by something else.
NOBODY CARES ABOUT YOUR GREENTEXT
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #703630

What the fuck do I have to do with the matter
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #703631

wesoda25 wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 2:42 pm Deal with the problems that are in front of you as sec and ignore the rest until they too are in front of you. Otherwise you'll be running all over handing out half-assed resolutions left and right, while also going crazy.

The ticket looks fine too. Player was given a chance to correct things ICly and didn't, thus it was handled OOCly. cest la vie
this is really good advice

sec should probably get a blurb when they sign up that says RELAX AND TAKE IT EASY ITS JUST A SPACEGAME
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #703643

Bmon more like demon
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #703647

Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:48 pm
wesoda25 wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 2:42 pm Deal with the problems that are in front of you as sec and ignore the rest until they too are in front of you. Otherwise you'll be running all over handing out half-assed resolutions left and right, while also going crazy.

this is really good advice

sec should probably get a blurb when they sign up that says RELAX AND TAKE IT EASY ITS JUST A SPACEGAME
yeah this would be nice
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #704531

I don't get it
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
MrrFiish
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: MrrFiish

Post by MrrFiish » #704755

I'm a bit late but for the record I see nothing wrong with how Bmon opened the ticket, that is what he saw from his ahelp with the plasmaman and logs (citation needed) and it is fine to ask why they did that. If they didn't do it they can just explain they did not, which is fine. I will often ask people why they did something if it looks like they did it, there is nothing wrong with that and I don't see how it is accusatory to ask someone why they did something we think they did. They can correct us.
JupiterJaeden
Byond Username: JupiterJaeden

Post by JupiterJaeden » #704769

I started playing manuel well after dynamic was already a thing, but just gonna say that, as both sec, non-sec crew, and antag, I love dynamic. Manuel rounds are already much longer/slower-paced on average then sybil/terry rounds which is something I like. But in particular I like that although manuel rounds START slower (usually the first ~30 mins is pretty slow) they do still tend to ramp up to the same intensity near the end as LRP rounds. I prefer the slower burn at the start but it still reaches the same heights of chaos. I sincerely hope manuel doesn't get all the threat and action taken out of it and turned into boring 3 hour rounds with nothing happening. It's space station 13. The space station is meant to blow up. The redshirts are meant to die en masse. The crew is meant to be faced with bleak, dramatic situations, and overrun by badguys. And maybe, just maybe, the crew will still somehow prevail, and you'll make it out alive. The drama, the struggle against inevitable odds, is a good part of the game. And another nice thing about manuel as well is that I think people tend to take the drama more seriously than the LRP servers too. But in order for any of that to work there have to be stakes, and sometimes you just have to play the part of one of the corpses littering the ground, silently killed in order to make someone else's experience better. It's just part of the game imo.

I have a lot of reasons I prefer manuel over the LRP servers but lame snoozefest rounds are (thankfully) not one of them. Buildup is no good without payoff. When that red-alert button gets smacked, I know we're in for a good time. I don't want to survive to the end of a round without struggling at least a little bit..

Although one thing I DO dislike is when dynamic spawns the same major antag like twice in a row (revs, cult, wiz, nukies, etc.). I wish that would be coded out.
Last edited by JupiterJaeden on Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #704770

MrrFiish wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:13 pm I'm a bit late but for the record I see nothing wrong with how Bmon opened the ticket, that is what he saw from his ahelp with the plasmaman and logs (citation needed) and it is fine to ask why they did that. If they didn't do it they can just explain they did not, which is fine. I will often ask people why they did something if it looks like they did it, there is nothing wrong with that and I don't see how it is accusatory to ask someone why they did something we think they did. They can correct us.
Every ticket fated to end in IC issue starts with "Why did you do that?"

95% of the time they still end in IC issue. Sometimes though the player rolls 1 and shoot themselves aggressively in the foot several times.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #704783

JupiterJaeden wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:49 pm I started playing manuel well after dynamic was already a thing, but just gonna say that, as both sec, non-sec crew, and antag, I love dynamic. Manuel rounds are already much longer/slower-paced on average then sybil/terry rounds which is something I like. But in particular I like that although manuel rounds START slower (usually the first ~30 mins is pretty slow) they do still tend to ramp up to the same intensity near the end as LRP rounds. I prefer the slower burn at the start but it still reaches the same heights of chaos. I sincerely hope manuel doesn't get all the threat and action taken out of it and turned into boring 3 hour rounds with nothing happening. It's space station 13. The space station is meant to blow up. The redshirts are meant to die en masse. The crew is meant to be faced with bleak, dramatic situations, and overrun by badguys. And maybe, just maybe, the crew will still somehow prevail, and you'll make it out alive. The drama, the struggle against inevitable odds, is a good part of the game. And another nice thing about manuel as well is that I think people tend to take the drama more seriously than the LRP servers too. But in order for any of that to work there have to be stakes, and sometimes you just have to play the part of one of the corpses littering the ground, silently killed in order to make someone else's experience better. It's just part of the game imo.

I have a lot of reasons I prefer manuel over the LRP servers but lame snoozefest rounds are (thankfully) not one of them. Buildup is no good without payoff. When that red-alert button gets smacked, I know we're in for a good time. I don't want to survive to the end of a round without struggling at least a little bit..

Although one thing I DO dislike is when dynamic spawns the same major antag like twice in a row (revs, cult, wiz, nukies, etc.). I wish that would be coded out.
I like that as well, but I also like slower rounds that are chill. It lets players mess around and experiment with stuff that might not inherently be optimal. 1/3-2/3-rds of the station being dead and half the station being blown up every round isn't exactly what I joined manuel for and I imagine that I'm not the only person. I liked Manuel because it struck a balance between literally nothing happening (most RP servers) and the station being bombed five minutes into the round. I'd still say Manuel strikes that balance but it's definitely leaning heavier into the "station bombed five minutes into the round" territory. Not that bombings are particularly common on Manuel but hopefully I'm making sense.

As it currently stands depending on what job department you work in dynamic actively works against you. Good luck actually roleplaying as security when there are four changelings (yes this happened on a round of 40 people with two security officers, guess how well that round went) It's kind of like nukies where the occasional round of nukies is neat, back to Back-to-back Nukies has killed manuel's nightpop more than once. Dynamic will never be good because it's trying to emulate when admins were dungeon masters. It doesn't help that admins either sit by as an antag fucks the station for 30+ minutes* or they try to tardwrangle dynamic when it is overwhelming the station for the fifth round in a row and the only two security officers are either dead in maints (as they have been since five minutes into the round) or are on suicide watch.

*To be fair I wouldn't know what the fuck to do in that situation either

IDK if it's just me but the latest change to dynamic kept shitting out 60+ threat rounds, and it burned me out pretty bad, we had xenos 4-5 times in like, two days. (granted, one time was because RD was an idiot and let his xeno project escape (XENOS ALWAYS ESCAPE)). Even rounds that start off simple have started just meaning that Dynamic is constipated and is going to shit out all its threat at the midround roll now. Have fun fighting xenos, a ninja, and a sentient disease that always hits once medbay is fucked. I refuse to believe dynamic is working correctly because this shit seems wonky as fuck. It seems super heavily weighted towards being 60+ threat.

I'm probably going to take a break and/or playing less because dynamic being even more poopy + manuel not even trying to vaguely be a roleplay server just makes me sad when I play it now.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #704785

RedBaronFlyer wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:09 am (granted, one time was because RD was an idiot and let his xeno project escape (XENOS ALWAYS ESCAPE)).
seriously, name one time xenos havent escaped
respect (let him do his thing)
Fikou
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Fikou
Github Username: Fikou

Post by Fikou » #704857

Timonk wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 12:49 am Bmon more like demon
big if true
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #704862

it is
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

kayozz
Byond Username: Kayozz11

Post by kayozz » #704864

kinnebian wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:38 am
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:09 am (granted, one time was because RD was an idiot and let his xeno project escape (XENOS ALWAYS ESCAPE)).
seriously, name one time xenos havent escaped
I can basically only remember one time when xenos hadn't escaped but were released with purpose and brought the bio-engineered wrath from NT onto Culties?
Cult (or whoever they were, I'm sure it was cult?) were winning.
Xenos were let out on the basis of freedom to only fight Culties and they could make a nest wherever just don't hurt innocent crew .. I think a curator was brought in as a diplomat/translator?
Xenos got to have their own fun shredding up and harvesting culties and it was the first time ever I saw crew and xenos team up.
Good times.
NOBODY CARES ABOUT YOUR GREENTEXT
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #704897

I go out of my way to kill the egg in xenobio every time it spawns
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote: