Admin interferes in a greenshift, helps bullied player, gets a complaint for his trouble.

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Imitates-The-Lizards
Byond Username: Typhnox

Admin interferes in a greenshift, helps bullied player, gets a complaint for his trouble.

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #703679

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=34910

Remember admins, never interfere in our sacred LRP greenshifts. Jimmyl will complaint you if you do.
ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Re: Admin interferes in a greenshift, helps bullied player, gets a complaint for his trouble.

Post by ekaterina » #703681

... LRP greenshift still exists?
TIMBERPOES LIED, PEOPLE DIED!

Also imagine crying about admins doing something to make greenshit more interesting... someone give this admin a pat on the back, he did good.
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
Imitates-The-Lizards

Re: Admin interferes in a greenshift, helps bullied player, gets a complaint for his trouble.

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #703682

ekaterina wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 12:02 pm ... LRP greenshift still exists?
I'm pretty sure it was a greenshift. The only antagonist on the round end report was the lone op, and the only antagonism in the entire shift from what I recall was Turbo and security fighting. Plus we were on green alert the whole time, until shuttle was called, where someone said to blue alert it.

And, I mean, I blew up the station with a tier 6 hyper/antinob hfr nuke, but that was with explicit permission from the captain and CE. Fun times.
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #703686

>greenshift
>admin decides to spice things up a bit
>no cheating
>no breach of admin conduct

sniff sniff THIS IS AN EVENT!

>almost no sybilmins

AND THIS MAN WANTS TO KILL A DYING BREED!
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #703689

common jimmy l
Isratosh
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Isratosh

Post by Isratosh » #703697

move along folks, nothing to see here
Feedback
Bartholomew Martins
Spoiler:
conrad wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 6:22 pm Image
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #703698

Kinda lame to rp an asshole and then complain oocly when you get owned in a cool way. Do you not expect to get owned when you’re a big meaniehead?
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #703705

Timberpoes wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 1:02 pm Which is to say that this was based.
So true, I'm glad to see Timberpoes agree with me.
What I'm not glad to see is that Timberpoes, Misdoubtful and Keith4 ruled that there should be an END TO LRP GREENSHIFT (viewtopic.php?p=687510#p687510), and 3.5 months later there is still nothing to that respect in the official config changes thread. This wouldn't have happened if security wasn't bored from having a whole round with no security job content.
Last edited by ekaterina on Sun Sep 10, 2023 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
MooCow12
Byond Username: MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #703706

But why was security staff taking his toolbelt, why was he labeled as a shitter.

Did the sec staff put the toolbelt in evidence or did they keep it for themselves?

Theres so little info here I can only imagine the admin was just trying to balance the scales since the assistant is out numbered by people who have meta protections.

The bad guy being spawned after shuttle is called is fine though, admins forcing a round to end because of something they spawned is annoying, but if shuttle was already called for one reason or another then people`s rounds, blood, sweat, and tears are gonna go down the drain no matter what the admin spawns in.

I normally bitch about adminbus, especially when it happens during my antag rounds, but from what i see there were no round start antags to have their gimmicks ruined, just (apparent) shitsec (or shit tider) and an already called shuttle.
List of my favorite TG Staff.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
cSeal wrote: TLDR suck my nuts you bald bitch
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #703709

Also imagine crying about admins doing something to make greenshit more interesting... someone give this admin a pat on the back, he did good.
TIME TO HIJACK THE PEANUT.

I never said we'd gotten (or would get rid of) LRP greenshifts. Just that I'd be fine reducing the proportion of low-threat shifts compared to high threat - i.e. transposing the dynamic threat bell curve to the right.

However when we investigated this, it turns out Dynamic's just More Complicated Than That and also A Little Bit Broken. In practice, dynamic had less of a bell curve and more of a middle finger based on Mothblocks' simulation of it:

I'm not sure if we've done the changes to fix this yet, but ya my hope was to move the supposed bell curve (which we don't have) to the right to increase the proportion of higher threat shifts in general.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
zxaber
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Zxaber

Post by zxaber » #703710

Yeah okay isratosh, I guess you could call that an event
Douglas Bickerson / Adaptive Manipulator / Digital Clockwork
OrdoM/(Viktor Bergmannsen) (ghost) "Also Douglas, you're becoming the Lexia Black of Robotics"
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #703712

Timberpoes wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 4:00 pm

I never said we'd gotten (or would get rid of) LRP greenshifts. Just that I'd be fine reducing the proportion of low-threat shifts compared to high threat - i.e. transposing the dynamic threat bell curve to the right.

However when we investigated this, it turns out Dynamic's just More Complicated Than That and also A Little Bit Broken. In practice, dynamic had less of a bell curve and more of a middle finger based on Mothblocks' simulation of it:
- snipped huge image -

I'm not sure if we've done the changes to fix this yet, but ya my hope was to move the supposed bell curve (which we don't have) to the right to increase the proportion of higher threat shifts in general.
IIRC it also hasn't been like that this whole time, only since a PR which was meant to fix some broken maths in there but actually just broke it in a different way
Last edited by Jacquerel on Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #703727

admins aren't there just to babysit you and banbot "the shitters" so you can enjoy the pure rng experience of dynamic

we're actually DMs and it's fully our right to get weird with your round... >:)
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #703730

Timberpoes wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 4:00 pm

[snip]
Yey, Timberpoes finally addressed it. :)

Have you tried keith4's original idea of creating a flat threat floor?
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Post by Cheshify » #703731

Admins DMing and manipulating the rounds is always allowed. Dynamic should be a backup when a game admin doesn't want to run an event or control the flow of threat in a round, not the standard that we should never allow admins to interfere with.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
kayozz
Byond Username: Kayozz11

Post by kayozz » #703733

Nothing wrong with admins spicing up a round. Just yesterday I was playing borg and someone kept changing our laws, so the admin made the AI rogue (which I thought was perfectly fine as it suited the round), turned out to be extremely fun. So yeah, I don't understand people shitting on admins for injecting fun.
NOBODY CARES ABOUT YOUR GREENTEXT
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #703735

the topic of complaint seems to be less "he was spicing up the round" and more "he rewarded this jerk repeatedly then gave them and only them free antag"
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Pepper
Byond Username: ANIMETIDDIES

Post by Pepper » #703736

Not-Dorsidarf wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 7:23 pm the topic of complaint seems to be less "he was spicing up the round" and more "he rewarded this jerk repeatedly then gave them and only them free antag"
True!
help
MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #703737

the only interactions stated so far paint a picture of an assistant getting bullied by players who spawn with better equipment, better access, more cash, and higher control over ai, and metaprotections to top it off, then saying mean words and cutting cameras in response.

what the fuck happened leading up to his pants and pda being taken off, why was captain / hos fucking with an assistant instead of dealing with whatever caused shuttle call in the first place, why was an assistant cutting cams the highest priority person that needed to be captured and babysat with a straight jacket.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #703757

MooCow12 wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 7:35 pm why was an assistant cutting cams the highest priority person that needed to be captured and babysat with a straight jacket
Because Timberpoes lied and people died the headmins haven't found a way to reasonably deal with greenshit, leaving sec players with no job content.
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #703758

Yeah its in a very bizarre state at the moment and its certainly a 'shame on us' for not letting people know where it was at.
Hugs
MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #703763

ekaterina wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:49 pm
MooCow12 wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 7:35 pm why was an assistant cutting cams the highest priority person that needed to be captured and babysat with a straight jacket
Because Timberpoes lied and people died the headmins haven't found a way to reasonably deal with greenshit, leaving sec players with no job content.
greenshift sec job content is

be blatant shitters to the point where the crew is comfortable lynching you without fear of repercussions (see Reider Meiza lynches) this is a valid way to play on greenshift since it stirs conflict, just dont do the shit where you fucking isolate victims from the rest of the crew and prevent your transgressions from being voiced on radio because then you`re removing all possible ways for the shit you are stirring to be solved in an IC sense.

Or tide departments to power game (even admins that play sec like bdudy will do this so you know its fine) if someone tries to stop you , you can either go down the blatant shitsec route or just stop

or stop playing full sec and partially merge into another department to enjoy their content.
Spoiler:
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #703772

greenshift sec job content is taxing nonhumans
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TheBibleMelts

Post by TheBibleMelts » #703785

what if security content on lrp greenshifts was just preventing and brigging for petty crimes that people already complain is rampant on lrp

you know, like it used to be before everybody got the idea that if there's no valids to hunt there's nothing to do
Imitates-The-Lizards

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #703789

TheBibleMelts wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 3:50 am what if security content on lrp greenshifts was just preventing and brigging for petty crimes that people already complain is rampant on lrp

you know, like it used to be before everybody got the idea that if there's no valids to hunt there's nothing to do
It's not worth the whining, trust me.

I fully enforce the law when I play security on sybil, the amount of whining that happens would give your average kindergarten class a run for it's money in a head-to-head competition.

Like, it's funny, but it's also very mentally taxing if you're not a sadist. Which I'm not.
chocolate_bickie
Byond Username: Chocolate_bickie

Post by chocolate_bickie » #703794

The classic act like a knob then obscure the truth in ahelps as there's a 50% chance said admin won't verify any of your claims.