STARSECTOR INVADES BAN APPEALS, BUY YOUR COPY TODAY

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

STARSECTOR INVADES BAN APPEALS, BUY YOUR COPY TODAY

Post by Kendrickorium » #703828

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=34917

DISCLAIMER: all talk of starsector in my thread is fully allowed and encouraged
Last edited by Kendrickorium on Mon Sep 11, 2023 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kendrickorium

Re: STARSECTOR INVADES BAN APPEALS, BUY YOUR COPY TODAY

Post by Kendrickorium » #703829

>posting about starsector is harmful

you can stay out
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #703831

Starsector was mentioned once (if it was twice, I didn't see it) in that thread. Counting spam started at least three times. Each time, there was a nudge from Riggle to stop. On the third, there was a warning.

Furthermore, Starsector has become the socially accepted norm of "This thread is becoming heated and y'all should stop flinging shit at each other". Counting is just contentless spam.

There's a difference between intrusive content and something that is utterly a big stinky ball of nothing.

And before someone raises a stink about me being part of the Starsector thing:

I know the difference because I too was warned. Except I didn't appeal it.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #703832

conrad wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 5:39 pm There's a difference between intrusive content and something that is utterly a big stinky ball of nothing.
both of these are bad, you can say calm down without plugging your ears and derailing
respect (let him do his thing)
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #703833

conrad wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 5:39 pm Starsector was mentioned once (if it was twice, I didn't see it) in that thread. Counting spam started at least three times. Each time, there was a nudge from Riggle to stop. On the third, there was a warning.

Furthermore, Starsector has become the socially accepted norm of "This thread is becoming heated and y'all should stop flinging shit at each other". Counting is just contentless spam.

There's a difference between intrusive content and something that is utterly a big stinky ball of nothing.

And before someone raises a stink about me being part of the Starsector thing:

I know the difference because I too was warned. Except I didn't appeal it.
I think it should become a rule that if starsector doesnt work to calm a thread, it should probably be locked
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #703835

starsector derailment sucks ngl and the game itself is mid
conrad

Post by conrad » #703836

kinnebian wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 5:43 pm
conrad wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 5:39 pm There's a difference between intrusive content and something that is utterly a big stinky ball of nothing.
both of these are bad, you can say calm down without plugging your ears and derailing
That doesn't work. It's much easier to make people collectively agree to be angry at you than to stop raising the stakes on insulting each other.

The only reason it's starsector it's 'cos it started as starsector btw, it could be minecraft if people were discussing redstone instruments.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
warbluke
Byond Username: Warbluke

Post by warbluke » #703838

I got a warning off this too. I'm pretty sure I only did the counting before being told to knock it off, but the posts are deleted so it's also likely I'm just misremembering.

As for starsector, I think I got a key for it years ago and I have it downloaded, but I've never checked it out. From what I hear it's kind of like Sunless Seas, which is a game I like, but the whole space angle doesn't capture me as much as the Fallen London Cave setting.
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #703841

warbluke wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 5:46 pm I got a warning off this too. I'm pretty sure I only did the counting before being told to knock it off, but the posts are deleted so it's also likely I'm just misremembering.

As for starsector, I think I got a key for it years ago and I have it downloaded, but I've never checked it out. From what I hear it's kind of like Sunless Seas, which is a game I like, but the whole space angle doesn't capture me as much as the Fallen London Cave setting.
it is nothing like sunless sea

its more of mount and blade in space

[youtube]https://youtu.be/acqpulP1hLo?si=PYYFYKsE6MvnUS0i[/youtube]
i hate everything
Last edited by Kendrickorium on Mon Sep 11, 2023 5:53 pm, edited 4 times in total.
conrad

Post by conrad » #703842

Kendrickorium wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 5:48 pm
warbluke wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 5:46 pm I got a warning off this too. I'm pretty sure I only did the counting before being told to knock it off, but the posts are deleted so it's also likely I'm just misremembering.

it is nothing like sunless sea

its more of mount and blade in space
It's literally mount and blade in space.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Riggle
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Riggle

Post by Riggle » #703844

Turns out you're right, I'll get your warning removed
Very cool link
Look at my cool text
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #703845

Riggle wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 5:50 pm
Turns out you're right, I'll get your warning removed
would you mind deleting my last forum warning as well i was just rating a threads title and armhulen thought i was counting
warbluke
Byond Username: Warbluke

Post by warbluke » #703851

Riggle wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 5:50 pm Turns out you're right, I'll get your warning removed
Sweet, I didn't even need to appeal or anything.
Kendrickorium wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 5:48 pm its more of mount and blade in space
I've heard mount and blade is like KC:D, which is also a game I play and like.
Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Post by Turbonerd » #703855

Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #703862

gravelposting was funnier
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #703869

Not-Dorsidarf wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 7:35 pm gravelposting was funnier
it was literally just spam

at least starsector involves discussion
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #703870

Turbonerd wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 7:11 pm
I DONT UNDERSTAND HOW THIS WORKS
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #703871

im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #703875

I prefer starsector posting because I will probably buy starsector one day.
It's also far better than counting, counting is just obnoxious.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Post by Turbonerd » #703884

Kendrickorium wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 7:46 pm
It must be the full url. It must contain the v parameter and no other parameters.
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #703887

Turbonerd wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:00 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 7:46 pm
It must be the full url. It must contain the v parameter and no other parameters.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acqpulP ... hTzeentach
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acqpulP ... hTzeentach[/youtube]
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #703888

omg
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #703890

TheLoLSwat wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 5:44 pm starsector derailment sucks ngl and the game itself is mid
I really like the game but it does kinda run out of stuff to do once you have your ideal fleet. Granted, basically every strategy game* has the “Well, now what?” issue once you become powerful enough.

* I know Starsector isn’t strictly a strategy game, but it’s basically space Mount and Blade, and Mount and Blade has the same issue of games like Total War where you eventually reach critical mass of strength and no one can stop you outside of Mongolian death armies.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #703892

"high effort" derailment is still derailment and its really annoying to sift through starsector essayposting so i can read what the discussion is
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #703895

kinnebian wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:26 pm "high effort" derailment is still derailment and its really annoying to sift through starsector essayposting so i can read what the discussion is
if the thread has devolved to the point that people are actually having a discussion about starsector or literally anything else, the thread is done and should probably be locked

also its a fucking spaceman game forum not wikipedia or digg

if we want to talk about something else in a thread that has clearly run its course we should be able to

counting is just /b/ tier trolling, and should be punished as such
conrad

Post by conrad » #703899

kinnebian wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:26 pm "high effort" derailment is still derailment and its really annoying to sift through starsector essayposting so i can read what the discussion is
The point the discussion was at was people getting banned because of their forum posts. No one else got banned after the starsector derailment was over and done with. Until they started spamming with counting chains, and got warned for it.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #703900

RedBaronFlyer wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:22 pm
TheLoLSwat wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 5:44 pm starsector derailment sucks ngl and the game itself is mid
I really like the game but it does kinda run out of stuff to do once you have your ideal fleet. Granted, basically every strategy game* has the “Well, now what?” issue once you become powerful enough.

* I know Starsector isn’t strictly a strategy game, but it’s basically space Mount and Blade, and Mount and Blade has the same issue of games like Total War where you eventually reach critical mass of strength and no one can stop you outside of Mongolian death armies.
still lots of story and end game stuff for the devs to add. they didnt spend over ten years on this game to have no huge space opera story or end game content.

UAF and GSM add a lot of content as is

as for suggestions, you could
-go wipe out a faction that bullied you when you were younger
-start a fuel economy based empire to eventually overtake the diktat
-kill off all major factions
-try out meme fleets (nothing but wolfs, nothing but carriers, etc) this last run i gimped myself by ONLY using high tech ships
-steal all colony items from a competing faction
-search for more superweapons
-mess with settings inside of game and mods to make battles even harder, better ships, more higher level officers, bigger opposing fleets, etc

i should probably add that the only time you really become "unstoppable" is with mods enabled
as far as i'm aware in unmodded starsector redacted will still kick your ass
Thranos
Byond Username: Thranos

Post by Thranos » #703912

FUCK THE HEGEMONY
FUCK THE PATHERS

REMEMBER MAYASURA
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #703928

Mayasura Star System
EDIT
Mayasura is a star system of the Core Worlds. It is part of the Persean League. Once, it was home to the Mayasuran terraforming cabal, an independent nation whose might rivaled the Hegemony, and acted as a roadblock in their expansion on the northern Core Worlds. Their capital of Mairaath was crowned with three massive space cities. Combined, they housed tens of millions of people and formed the keystone of the terraforming project which transformed Mairaath into a paradise world. However, this utopia was destroyed in an attack by the Luddic Path on October 22, Cycle 82, resulting in the destruction of Mayasura as an independent nation.

A fanatical faction of the Luddic Path assaulted the three Astropoli that orbited the paradise world, culminating in one of them crashing into the planet and utterly devastating it. Shortly after the terrorist attack, a Hegemony task force led by commodore Jensulte attacked the Mayasuran Navy and destroyed its flagship, the Conquest-class MSS Garuda, dealing the killing blow to their nation. Mayasura’s subsequent annexation lasted until the Persean League's rise allowed them to be relatively free again.

Mayasura is predominantly owned by Tri-Tachyon, with a Pirate station in the asteroid belt beyond Mairaath, and the Persean League world of Mairaath. Mayasura is completely hand-crafted, and will not be altered by procedural generation.
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #703947

Kendrickorium wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:30 pm
if the thread has devolved to the point that people are actually having a discussion about starsector or literally anything else, the thread is done and should probably be locked

if we want to talk about something else in a thread that has clearly run its course we should be able to

"counting" and "starsector posting" seem interchangeable here, and it feels like youre defending one because you personally like it
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #703949

conrad wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 5:39 pm Furthermore, Starsector has become the socially accepted norm of "This thread is becoming heated and y'all should stop flinging shit at each other". Counting is just contentless spam.
Both of them derail a thread, and for people who don't care about Starsector, it's just contentless spam too. The only difference is that you enjoy Starsector.

At least Gravelposting was actually funny because it was silly and weird, instead of a conversation so utterly mundane and banal to people who don't play it that I'm pretty sure you guys are just copying off of a script and having the exact same conversation every time.
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #703950

gravelposting was funnier because it was unapologetically spam. starsector posters are still in here in this thread lying about how it's not just spam
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #703951

with that said: gravelposting sucked. but it was funny.
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #703953

There was a funny digg post of a custom station that was just gluing together four atlas ships in a circle.
Striders13
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Striders13

Post by Striders13 » #703955

iwishforducks wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 7:54 pm
► Show Spoiler
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #703956

TheLoLSwat wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:59 am
Kendrickorium wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:30 pm

"counting" and "starsector posting" seem interchangeable here, and it feels like youre defending one because you personally like it
starsector is an interchangeable noun for any kind of discussion that starts up inside a thread
if instead, we started to have meaningful discussions about wrestling when we are all sick and tired of midwits giving their thesis' on politics and throwing shit at each other in a thread, would that work out better for you?
a completely different discussion happening inside a thread is a subtle way for people to say holy shit this is fucking garbage, we want to talk about something else now. it also cools everyone down.
let me put this in a way you can relate to, when there is a super serious episode of bleach, it's typically followed up by a filler episode to allow for everyone to calm down and relax
another example - in ds9 after Dax is killed, they all play baseball. (this, like starsector posting, was also very funny)

i notice a lot of people are focusing on starsector-- heads up, a lot of other random discussions happen in threads too, it's just that starsector is one thats SOMETIMES forced instead of organically happening when a thread hits max shittery

gravel posting and counting are just one or two posters having a temper tantrum when a group of people having a discussion typically are groupthinking in a way that isnt liked

or you can all have your wish, and the forum gods will be actually enforced to smite anyone that brings up literally anything not directly associated with the first forum post in a thread 5 pages long.
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #703959

i dont think anyone has used counting to INTENTIONALLY derail in comparison to starsector posting
Striders13
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Striders13

Post by Striders13 » #703964

Kendrickorium wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 4:24 am meow
have you tried not enganging in discussions you personally don't find interesting? Not every thread has to pander to you.
► Show Spoiler
conrad

Post by conrad » #703968

CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 2:16 am
conrad wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 5:39 pm Furthermore, Starsector has become the socially accepted norm of "This thread is becoming heated and y'all should stop flinging shit at each other". Counting is just contentless spam.
Both of them derail a thread, and for people who don't care about Starsector, it's just contentless spam too. The only difference is that you enjoy Starsector.

At least Gravelposting was actually funny because it was silly and weird, instead of a conversation so utterly mundane and banal to people who don't play it that I'm pretty sure you guys are just copying off of a script and having the exact same conversation every time.
I said before, it could be Minecraft redstone stuff, it could be a Roblox meme like the fog thing, it could be anything. Starsector only stuck because it came around first in these discussions.

Granted if it was something I don't engage in, I'd try to put the thread back on rails more often. But I wouldn't be a bitch about it like people who derail threads with a big load of nothing and then refuse to stop after being told by forum mods, then make an appeal when they get a warning. (sorry ducks I like you but this is lame)

On that 9 page thread, Starsector was mentioned once. The derailment caused by people getting banned over managing to break forum rule 7 was over and done with. The counting crap happened like three times after the thread had already run its course.

Not to mention the same people bitching about Starsector posting are the people that start or participate in counting chains. Glass houses and such.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #703970

conrad wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:23 am But I wouldn't be a bitch about it like people who derail threads with a big load of nothing and then refuse to stop after being told by forum mods, then make an appeal when they get a warning. (sorry ducks I like you but this is lame)
Read my words fool:
iwishforducks wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 4:04 pm yes, the thread had some serious discussion, but when it did there were people trying to derail the thread and nothing was done about it.

ultimately i do not care about being stopped from counting. this is more of a complaint about how the rules are being enforced than an appeal, honestly. but y’know can’t make an admin complaint since there’s a warning attached or whatever.

conrad wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:23 am On that 9 page thread, Starsector was mentioned once. The derailment caused by people getting banned over managing to break forum rule 7 was over and done with. The counting crap happened like three times after the thread had already run its course.

Not to mention the same people bitching about Starsector posting are the people that start or participate in counting chains. Glass houses and such.
page 3 of the thread:
Can someone start talking about starsector this thread has long been drained of anything productive related to a difficult situation.
BRO HAVE YOU SEEN FLESH AND BLOOD?

It's my favourite thing right now. It's a TCG with a much lower monetary barrier of entry than Magic the Gathering and has a much more active, back and forth fueled combat gameplay.

I played it once all day and although it felt wonky cos I had never played it I managed to win a game against a friend of mine who is a TCG streamer and YouTuber. Felt good.

F&B is my favourite thing rn fr
Have you seen Keyforge? Its buy one deck for 6 bucks (maybe some tokens but you can use paper imma be real) and then you play, each deck contains random Cards in 3 factions and you cant mix cards from different decks, a lotta fun
Speaking of deck builders, there's this game called Friends vs Friends that combines first person shooting and deck-building. You use different types of cards in 1v1 or 2v2 matches that give you buffs, debuffs the opponent(s) or even random attributes that can turn the tide of the round, like completely changing the map. It has its balance issues and the playerbase is not that big, but it is incredibly fun, especially with friends.

Oh, and all of the playable characters are anthropomorphic animals.
page 4:
Personally, I'm on that Perfect Heist 2 grind

There's no levels, I just like the game
Rounds is also fun
I have, but I'mma be real, I did not like the aesthetic.

I'm not even a weeaboo and I LOVED the F&B aesthetic. Check out the hero of the semi-deck the store gave me (they do these giveaways to new players, as is tradition with cardboard crack) (spoiler 'cos big images)
Spoiler:
(yes I was highway phoneposting)

Cool as shit. I My friend brought a tier 1 Kassai deck. This is Kassai and her weapons
Spoiler:
It just looks cool :3
I started a new run not too long ago, since now 99 percent of mods have been updated and bug free for the new version
I still have Vayra's stuff in there though, and it hasnt been "officially updated" for several versions now
it adds a lot of shit other modders can use to fuck with the bounty system, which makes for much more interesting play, as now instead of just "go to this system and kill bad guy" you now have the bad guys actively moving through the sector, you have to catch them, chat it up with them, etc

I actually had to to tone down the graphics mod because of all the crazy shit that happens in some fights, the graphicslib mod makes the game even prettier than base version

heres a seth video for anyone interested (key included)
officially i do not not condone piracy, but I promise all of you this is a game where you will play it for a few hours and then WANT to give the dev money

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acqpulP ... hTzeentach[/youtube]
FUCKING WHY DOESNT IT WORK
I HATE THIS SHIT SOMEONE HELP ME
[youtube]<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/acqpulP1h ... YfLz-nKpO-" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/youtube]
Didn't the devs say they don't plan to make updates anymore though?
guys are there any good newer RTS games I used to play some as a kid and I really wish there was something popular more recent than starcraft 2
i would quote these properly but i can't just click the reply button. some of these are quoting others and also have images/videos attach which inflate the size of them even more. you are also one of these people intentionally bringing up irrevelant things to derail the thread on page 3/4, fyi. not as a jab but rather it's that i have a really hard time taking you for face value when you just intentionally tried to derail a thread.
conrad

Post by conrad » #703971

iwishforducks wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:44 am snip
Yeah this is one continuous thing. Dunno what you're trying to prove here.

Btw on the topic of your ban appeal, I'd find it funny in "we've reached this point wow" kinda way if a ruling made for "No more peanut thread derailment", but I wouldn't be opposed to it.

Going out of your way to break a forum rule 'cos a behaviour that is not a rule break is something you disagree with is weak dude.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #703972

conrad wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 8:10 am
iwishforducks wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:44 am snip
Yeah this is one continuous thing. Dunno what you're trying to prove here.

Btw on the topic of your ban appeal, I'd find it funny in "we've reached this point wow" kinda way if a ruling made for "No more peanut thread derailment", but I wouldn't be opposed to it.

Going out of your way to break a forum rule 'cos a behaviour that is not a rule break is something you disagree with is weak dude.
i didn't break a forum rule in spite because people were starsector posting or whatever. i had just given up on ever hoping that threads can even stay on topic. so i counted to have fun to show that i truly don't care anymore about the thread after productively contributing to the thread for page after page.

this is where a lot of my frustration comes in, because i had spent a lot of effort to keep the thread on topic while forum moderators did jack shit about people actively trying to derail the thread. and then as soon as i had taken a seat back i get the hammer. and yet still at the end of the day i don't feel like my warning actually moved the needle in any direction to stop thread derailing, despite being slapped for "derailing a thread"
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #703976

idk im just sad now
Riggle
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Riggle

Post by Riggle » #703977

iwishforducks wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 8:18 am despite being slapped for "derailing a thread"
It's not even that, I specifically did it because of the counting. Maybe I'll be a bit more strict about all kinds in the future, I'm not sure what everyone wants
Very cool link
Look at my cool text
kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #703979

conrad wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:23 am
CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 2:16 am

Granted if it was something I don't engage in, I'd try to put the thread back on rails more often. But I wouldn't be a bitch about it like people who derail threads with a big load of nothing and then refuse to stop after being told by forum mods, then make an appeal when they get a warning. (sorry ducks I like you but this is lame)
On that 9 page thread, Starsector was mentioned once. The derailment caused by people getting banned over managing to break forum rule 7 was over and done with. The counting crap happened like three times after the thread had already run its course.
you and i both know that isnt true, the thread was full of people yelling over any debate with shit thats inane enough to people who dont care about the game it might as well be spam
mfw ad hominem
kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #703983

Riggle wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:02 am
iwishforducks wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 8:18 am despite being slapped for "derailing a thread"
It's not even that, I specifically did it because of the counting. Maybe I'll be a bit more strict about all kinds in the future, I'm not sure what everyone wants
im fine with the ban but i want it to at least be consistently applied
"its contentless" sure but at least it doesnt take up half my screen
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #703984

Thranos wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 11:03 pm FUCK THE HEGEMONY
FUCK THE PATHERS

REMEMBER MAYASURA
ALL MAYASURA HAD TO DO WAS JOIN THE GLORIOUS HEGEMONY! NO ONE HAD TO DIE!

WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #703985

it should be dark souls posting cus i dont play starsector and a big aspect of the games are sharing secrets and information asynchronously for example in oolacile you should go down the stairs in front of the first bonfire then keep right and drop below the ledge where there's a message about light, cast light or equip the sunlight maggot and the illusory wall will disappear with a chest that contains an anti-dark magic pendant c:
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #703986

Riggle wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:02 am
are you saying that it’s fine to derail threads, as long as it’s not counting? the in quotes “derailing a thread” was quoted from my forum warning
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #703988

you'll never win riggle if you only warn 1 or 2 people then you'll catch heat for not applying the rules consistently but if you ding everyone then you won't be considering ~the context~ so maybe we should just delete the forums
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW: