STARSECTOR INVADES BAN APPEALS, BUY YOUR COPY TODAY

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

STARSECTOR INVADES BAN APPEALS, BUY YOUR COPY TODAY

Post by Kendrickorium » #703828

Bottom post of the previous page:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=34917

DISCLAIMER: all talk of starsector in my thread is fully allowed and encouraged
Last edited by Kendrickorium on Mon Sep 11, 2023 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Re: STARSECTOR INVADES BAN APPEALS, BUY YOUR COPY TODAY

Post by dendydoom » #703988

you'll never win riggle if you only warn 1 or 2 people then you'll catch heat for not applying the rules consistently but if you ding everyone then you won't be considering ~the context~ so maybe we should just delete the forums
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #703989

dendydoom wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:30 am you'll never win riggle if you only warn 1 or 2 people then you'll catch heat for not applying the rules consistently but if you ding everyone then you won't be considering ~the context~ so maybe we should just delete the forums
Dear [Forum User],

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and concerns on this forum. We appreciate open discussions and diverse perspectives. However, after carefully considering your post, it appears that you may be engaging in a behavior known as concern trolling.

Concern trolling is when someone pretends to be genuinely concerned about an issue or topic, but their real intention is to provoke or undermine the discussion. While we value constructive criticism and genuine concerns, it is important to approach discussions with sincerity and respect.

In the future, we kindly request that you avoid concern trolling and instead focus on contributing to the conversation in a positive and meaningful way. This will help maintain a healthy and productive environment for everyone involved.

We encourage you to share your opinions, ask questions, and engage in thoughtful discussions that contribute to the overall growth and understanding of the community. By doing so, we can foster a more inclusive and enriching environment for all participants.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. We look forward to your future contributions to the forum.

Best regards,
[Your Name]
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin

Post by dendydoom » #703990

iwishforducks wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:34 am
dendydoom wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:30 am you'll never win riggle if you only warn 1 or 2 people then you'll catch heat for not applying the rules consistently but if you ding everyone then you won't be considering ~the context~ so maybe we should just delete the forums
Dear [Forum User],

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and concerns on this forum. We appreciate open discussions and diverse perspectives. However, after carefully considering your post, it appears that you may be engaging in a behavior known as concern trolling.

Concern trolling is when someone pretends to be genuinely concerned about an issue or topic, but their real intention is to provoke or undermine the discussion. While we value constructive criticism and genuine concerns, it is important to approach discussions with sincerity and respect.

In the future, we kindly request that you avoid concern trolling and instead focus on contributing to the conversation in a positive and meaningful way. This will help maintain a healthy and productive environment for everyone involved.

We encourage you to share your opinions, ask questions, and engage in thoughtful discussions that contribute to the overall growth and understanding of the community. By doing so, we can foster a more inclusive and enriching environment for all participants.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. We look forward to your future contributions to the forum.

Best regards,
[Your Name]
honestly this should just get autosent to everyone that makes a player's club post in an appeal thread
NSFW:
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #703991

conrad wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:23 am Granted if it was something I don't engage in, I'd try to put the thread back on rails more often. But I wouldn't be a bitch about it like people who derail threads with a big load of nothing and then refuse to stop after being told by forum mods, then make an appeal when they get a warning. (sorry ducks I like you but this is lame)
Is this not you admitting that the only reason you accept Starsector Posting because it's something you like? This isn't meant to be a jab, it just genuinely reads (to me, at least) that you're saying you'd try to bring threads back on topic more if the derail wasn't something you like. Which is...kinda my entire point.
conrad wrote: On that 9 page thread, Starsector was mentioned once. The derailment caused by people getting banned over managing to break forum rule 7 was over and done with. The counting crap happened like three times after the thread had already run its course.
When people are engaging with the thread and an upcoming headmin who is one of the people under scrutiny for the decision in the thread, immediately calls for Starsector, we have a problem. Because it means that the derailments are so accepted that people can outright ask for it. So if a common, contentless-for-most derailment (counting) is a bad thing, why is an even more common, contentless-for-most derailment (Starsector) a perfectly good and a-okay thing?

Not to mention, Starsector was actively requested on Page 3, when the conversation was actually active. Counting happened on Page 8? 9? Right at the very end, after the thread had already died out, and people wanting to discuss the other ban had moved into the other thread. Which one sounds more disruptive?
conrad wrote: Not to mention the same people bitching about Starsector posting are the people that start or participate in counting chains. Glass houses and such.
If you want to talk about Glass Houses, in response to the crime of "reacting with disgust to someone comparing an extremely minor case of metacomms to a literal serial killer and rapist literally immediately after I had made a desperate, empassioned plea for someone to consider having empathy about something" you said I was "stirring the pot like baba yaga and being an insulting, insufferable twat" and "did nothing but act like a twat" which was also incredibly toxic, rather disgusting, and poor conduct from an admin.

Something I had to actually ask a Forum Admin to do something about to which I am under the understanding they, at most, just talked to you about it. I don't even know if you got a Warning for it.

So I really don't think you have much room to talk about 'glass houses', especially when the Starsector posting is legalized, protected and endorsed by High Ranking Admins, and Counters get shut down immediately even when they're being less disruptive.
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #703992

the newer star sector movies really fucked it and threw a lot of potential away in exchange for nothing but im one of the people who liked the second one
its really funny to put plot-important information exclusively in a fortnite premiere though
AsbestosSniffer
Byond Username: The Asbestos Sniffer

Post by AsbestosSniffer » #703995

I may have counted before people were told to stop, but I will wear that forum warning with pride.
Observer main. Otherwise I play Lucy Trelawney on Manuel.
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #704013

We should just not allow topic derail until everything is winding down from now onwards.

Let's be honest, calling for starsector when emotions were running at a high was very disingenuous, especially when the underlying issue (that being 13thsky's perma) had not been settled yet and everyone was arguing with each other.

I don't want to be the fucking "oh boy what a fucking killjoy going against admins and coders" admin but this really wasn't the time to post derails when headmins, admins and players were arguing with each other while people were trying to handle sensitive info that was obtained illegally and people were screaming at how chesh was the bad guy for just being a banbot when this entire fucking thing had to be handled by 6 headmins and chesh was basically the one given the gun.
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
technokek
Byond Username: Technokek

Post by technokek » #704021

Why don't we just disallow derailment? People could just make a starsector thread.
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #704022

makes fun of you for not reading the global forum rules
1. No spam. (Contentless posts, repeated posts, off topic posts)
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #704055

kinnebian wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:06 am mfw ad hominem
Calling hypocrisy isn't ad hominem. "I think this is wrong, so I'm gonna do the other thing I know is wrong and complain when I get banned/warned for it because of the first thing" is a very common trend that admins have to deal with. I do not respect this sort of behaviour.
CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:45 am snip
Your track record makes it very, very hard to be compassionate about you when you get forum banned for being toxic and then go on defensive like you're the victim of admin abuse. However the yelling I got from AsbestosSniffer was quite warranted as that wasn't any better than what you did. I apologize for my poor choice of words there.
AsbestosSniffer wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 12:09 pm I may have counted before people were told to stop, but I will wear that forum warning with pride.
See, this I respect.
Archie700 wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 2:16 pm snip
You know what now I agree with this 'cos this arguing is exhausting. 1984 starsector, do it.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Riggle
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Riggle

Post by Riggle » #704058

iwishforducks wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:27 am
Riggle wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:02 am
iwishforducks wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 8:18 am despite being slapped for "derailing a thread"
It's not even that, I specifically did it because of the counting. Maybe I'll be a bit more strict about all kinds in the future, I'm not sure what everyone wants
are you saying that it’s fine to derail threads, as long as it’s not counting? the in quotes “derailing a thread” was quoted from my forum warning
Since it's supposed to be a shitpost area people should be allowed to derail to some extent, no? I took action on everyone counting because it's lower effort than starsector-posting, essentially being spam. In retrospect I should have included something about spam in the warning
AsbestosSniffer wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 12:09 pm I may have counted before people were told to stop, but I will wear that forum warning with pride.
You also did it after >:(
Very cool link
Look at my cool text
AsbestosSniffer
Byond Username: The Asbestos Sniffer

Post by AsbestosSniffer » #704060

Riggle wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 3:34 pm You also did it after >:(
I will still wear it with pride nevertheless
Observer main. Otherwise I play Lucy Trelawney on Manuel.
technokek
Byond Username: Technokek

Post by technokek » #704061

Arianya wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 2:36 pm makes fun of you for not reading the global forum rules
1. No spam. (Contentless posts, repeated posts, off topic posts)
Are they actually rules of their not really enforced?
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #704062

Not-Dorsidarf wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 7:35 pm gravelposting was funnier
No it wasn't. It was a dumb non sequitur with no actual reason for it being funny. It was the equivalent of saying any random word and thinking it's funny.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #704063

I believe the people counting when the thread was already over and done with was no worse than admins encouraging, if not outright participating in starsector or other games derailing during a very high tension period where people were basically shouting at each other over the punishment to the point that Dirk was literally comparing metacomms to whatever the fuck Dirk thought of in that fucking rotting mess he calls a brain.

I just feel bad when I look at the thread.
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin

Post by dendydoom » #704064

i get to feel smug cus i didn't get angry or derail cus i was genuinely upset and emotionally exhausted over the whole situation

that being said kendrick not being able to figure out youtube embeds was the best part of that whole thread by a long shot
NSFW:
conrad

Post by conrad » #704066

dendydoom wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 4:39 pm i get to feel smug cus i didn't get angry or derail cus i was genuinely upset and emotionally exhausted over the whole situation

that being said kendrick not being able to figure out youtube embeds was the best part of that whole thread by a long shot
Nah, that's not allowed. Having fun is forbidden.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #704071

dendydoom wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 4:39 pm that being said kendrick not being able to figure out youtube embeds was the best part of that whole thread by a long shot
god that shit put me in fucking crutches. it was very funny
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #704072

Vekter wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 4:21 pm
No it wasn't. It was a dumb non sequitur with no actual reason for it being funny. It was the equivalent of saying any random word and thinking it's funny.
yeah and randum funny is more amusing than people posting lame discussions about minor technical aspects some other game they play
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #704074

Not-Dorsidarf wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:12 pm
yeah and randum funny is more amusing than people posting lame discussions about minor technical aspects some other game they play
Shit isn't funny just because you say it is, Dorsi
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #704075

Vekter wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:15 pm
Not-Dorsidarf wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:12 pm
Shit isn't funny just because you say it is, Dorsi
Posting about starsector isn't any funnier than other forms of spam just because you say it is, Vekter.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #704077

dude gravelposting fucking DESTROYED threads back in the day. absolutely fucking killed them. for the longest time it wasn't even stopped or anything- it was a complete wildwest.

which is why i think gravelposting is more amusing because, like i said, it really was just unapologetic spam. there was no "but there's content to my posts (❁´◡`❁)" it was just "fuck you. this is spam." and didn't try to mask itself as anything holier than that

p.s.: im very glad gravelposting is dead. but i still think it's funnier than starsector posting
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #704114

Kendrickorium wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 4:24 am
TheLoLSwat wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:59 am
Kendrickorium wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:30 pm
kinnebian wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:26 pm "high effort" derailment is still derailment and its really annoying to sift through starsector essayposting so i can read what the discussion is
if the thread has devolved to the point that people are actually having a discussion about starsector or literally anything else, the thread is done and should probably be locked

also its a fucking spaceman game forum not wikipedia or digg

if we want to talk about something else in a thread that has clearly run its course we should be able to

counting is just /b/ tier trolling, and should be punished as such

"counting" and "starsector posting" seem interchangeable here, and it feels like youre defending one because you personally like it
starsector is an interchangeable noun for any kind of discussion that starts up inside a thread
if instead, we started to have meaningful discussions about wrestling when we are all sick and tired of midwits giving their thesis' on politics and throwing shit at each other in a thread, would that work out better for you?
a completely different discussion happening inside a thread is a subtle way for people to say holy shit this is fucking garbage, we want to talk about something else now. it also cools everyone down.
let me put this in a way you can relate to, when there is a super serious episode of bleach, it's typically followed up by a filler episode to allow for everyone to calm down and relax
another example - in ds9 after Dax is killed, they all play baseball. (this, like starsector posting, was also very funny)

i notice a lot of people are focusing on starsector-- heads up, a lot of other random discussions happen in threads too, it's just that starsector is one thats SOMETIMES forced instead of organically happening when a thread hits max shittery

gravel posting and counting are just one or two posters having a temper tantrum when a group of people having a discussion typically are groupthinking in a way that isnt liked

or you can all have your wish, and the forum gods will be actually enforced to smite anyone that brings up literally anything not directly associated with the first forum post in a thread 5 pages long.
I would love it if threads turned into discussions about professional wrestling, because I love professional wrestling! However, I wouldnt start randomly posting about professional wrestling after deciding myself that the thread needs it (although I think ive tried once or twice? idk), because thats subjective and unfair to the rest of the people that want to continue discussion.

A lot of people wouldnt mind threads derailing if it derailed into something they personally enjoy, but its not fair to decide for everyone that its time to derail the thread because you are tired of it.

If you are sick and tired of a burning star thread being a bit too hot, theres always the option of leaving the thread. If you want a "filler" as you say, youre free to create a low effort shitpost thread in the same players club. Both of those options are better than selfishly derailing a thread for no reason other than "its time (subjective)."
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer

Post by Jacquerel » #704139

how do you still have anything to say about star sector anyway
Chadley
Byond Username: Armodias

Post by Chadley » #704142

Appealing a forum warning is the most weaksauce thing I've ever seen. They're badges of honor. Man up.
► Show Spoiler
CMDR_Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #704152

conrad wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 3:01 pm
CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:45 am snip
Your track record makes it very, very hard to be compassionate about you when you get forum banned for being toxic and then go on defensive like you're the victim of admin abuse. However the yelling I got from AsbestosSniffer was quite warranted as that wasn't any better than what you did. I apologize for my poor choice of words there.
And attitudes like this make trying to overcome my "track record" feel pointless because it's forever going to be held against me as though I'm some problem player.

Spoiler alert: I'm not some jackass who wants to cause trouble for people. I'm someone who cares deeply about this game and its community, someone who's passionate about it and gets frustrated seeing things that seem unjust, or that go against the spirit of it, who hates feeling helpless and unable to do anything about it when something's wrong. And sometimes that gets out of hand when emotions are running high. That's wrong of me, and it's something I'm striving to overcome. I'm not proud of it and I don't enjoy it, anyone who knows me will tell you there is nothing I hate more than how I am when I get like that.

I don't begrudge getting punishments for it when I do something. That's fine. Riggle could tell you, I never contested the player's club ban and forum warning I got for what I said to Dirk. I never said it was unfair, or that I did nothing wrong. But attitudes like the one you gave me hurt. Attitudes like the one you're giving me right there hurt, too. Pouring my heart and soul into something, just to be treated like I'm some malicious problem who deserves to have the worst assumed of them, isn't a nice feeling.
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer

Post by Jacquerel » #704155

if you treat people badly then they won't like you and it's hard to get that respect back, yes
the easiest solution to that is to not do it in the first place, the only other one is to work very hard over quite a long period of time to change their perception
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #704193

scamoppi
Byond Username: Noahyoshi

Post by scamoppi » #704207

we gotta invent new spam
the starsector/counting/gravelposting trichotomy has grown old and decadent
i will start posting car ads
𓆏 ribbit... (nothing to see here...)
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #704226

What if we all had friendly conversations with eachoyhee :)
zergking
Byond Username: Zergking

Post by zergking » #704227

did you know it costs between 10-50 USD per ton of gravel?
CMDR_Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #704249

Jacquerel wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 3:19 pm if you treat people badly then they won't like you and it's hard to get that respect back, yes
the easiest solution to that is to not do it in the first place, the only other one is to work very hard over quite a long period of time to change their perception
Certainly true, and I accept that people may not like me. I acknowledge I have work to do to try and change that. But I don't want to be treated like I'm some monster, either. Like I'm looking for and relishing the idea of causing trouble. In that thread in particular, I was calling for kindness, compassion and empathy and being frustrated when people either Just Didn't Care, or in one case, were outright malicious.

Yet there were harsher words spoken of me by some, than those same people said of the guy who was comparing a new player excited about something and making an oopsie, to a literal serial killer.

Doesn't that strike you as Kinda Fucked? Is it unreasonable for me to Kinda Wish People Didn't Do That?
conrad

Post by conrad » #704255

CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 10:30 am
Jacquerel wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 3:19 pm if you treat people badly then they won't like you and it's hard to get that respect back, yes
Certainly true, and I accept that people may not like me. I acknowledge I have work to do to try and change that. But I don't want to be treated like I'm some monster, either. Like I'm looking for and relishing the idea of causing trouble. In that thread in particular, I was calling for kindness, compassion and empathy and being frustrated when people either Just Didn't Care, or in one case, were outright malicious.

Yet there were harsher words spoken of me by some, than those same people said of the guy who was comparing a new player excited about something and making an oopsie, to a literal serial killer.

Doesn't that strike you as Kinda Fucked? Is it unreasonable for me to Kinda Wish People Didn't Do That?
That's not being a monster. Just an asshat.

Going "oooh I'm not so bad" when you get called on it is lame. If you truly are hurt by these words and you're not just maliciously trying to manipulate people, I suggest picking a lane and sticking to it. Either go full crazy and hate on admins all the time, like it seems that you do given your track record, and continue saying shit like "I hope everything that's bad that is happening to you never improves" so you become known for that (some players really hate admins and like drama so they'll probably dig that), or actually change your demeanour and treat interactions within this community with less hostility.

This pussyfooting you're doing is not doing you any favours.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #704280

that’s crazy to just assume bad faith and to treat gungir as a spawn of satan because gungir doesn’t agree with you or whatever
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #704281

this has been an interesting thread.

i'm detecting a lot of starsector vibes and a lot of "i've never played starsector vibes"

the latter concerns me greatly

what if we all agreed that we can start shitposting after a thread hits like.. 4 pages? 3 pages seems too small and 5 too many.. 4 seems a good amount. this way everyone is happy (moderators included?)
i'd love to see someone get warned for "shitposting too early"

put starsector into the forum rules riggle.