God blessed child faces damnation at hands of cruel admin team.

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Chadley
Byond Username: Armodias

God blessed child faces damnation at hands of cruel admin team.

Post by Chadley » #704163

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=34929

You could write a tragedy from this.
► Show Spoiler
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Re: God blessed child faces damnation at hands of cruel admin team.

Post by kinnebian » #704164

hes god blessed
respect (let him do his thing)
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #704165

you joke but writing "I am sorry" in the "why I should be unbanned" box is more than some people realise they should do
ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Post by ekaterina » #704166

Vekter's reasoning for denying this sucks.
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer

Post by Jacquerel » #704167

ekaterina wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 4:39 pm Vekter's reasoning for denying this sucks.
there's no reason to unban someone if they're evading because obviously the ban isn't even inconveniencing them anyway
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #704174

Jacquerel wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 4:36 pm you joke but writing "I am sorry" in the "why I should be unbanned" box is more than some people realise they should do
But he's not. He's sorry he got caught. If he was sorry, he wouldn't be actively trying to find ways around his ban and telling others to evade.
ekaterina wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 4:39 pm Vekter's reasoning for denying this sucks.
Admin bad
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer

Post by Jacquerel » #704176

Vekter wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 5:02 pm
Jacquerel wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 4:36 pm you joke but writing "I am sorry" in the "why I should be unbanned" box is more than some people realise they should do
But he's not. He's sorry he got caught. If he was sorry, he wouldn't be actively trying to find ways around his ban and telling others to evade.
true but some people aren't even smart enough to lie
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #704177

References of good conduct: Im god blessed child

well, i dont know what else there is to say, really
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #704178

Jacquerel wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 5:24 pm
I would have unbanned him had he not gone off trying to evade the ban.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #704183

Vekter wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 5:28 pm
What difference does it make, and why do you expect people to not try to go around an obstacle you put in their way?
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #704184

ekaterina wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 6:33 pm
What difference does it make, and why do you expect people to not try to go around an obstacle you put in their way?
why do we even punish people for escaping prison?
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #704185

kinnebian wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 6:34 pm
"We" don't. Not all countries do. It is a normal instinct to seek liberty.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #704186

ekaterina wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 6:33 pm What difference does it make, and why do you expect people to not try to go around an obstacle you put in their way?
I've come to the determination that literally nothing I do will ever be good enough for you, which doesn't really matter because you have zero bearing on my life or any decision I ever make.

You're either so inherently distrustful of authority that anything anyone in a position of power does is, in your opinion, going to be bad, or you're fucking with everyone trying to get a rise out of them.

Either way, your opinion on what I do isn't welcome and I'm not planning on taking anything you say into account in the future.

E: Also, don't worry about me being biased - I'll just hand off any issue involving you to another admin to handle. That way there's no concern.
Last edited by Vekter on Wed Sep 13, 2023 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:

Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #704187

guys leave ekat alone, shes got twice the workload now
Last edited by Kendrickorium on Wed Sep 13, 2023 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #704188

ekaterina wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 6:37 pm
really? would it not be an undermining of the law to not punish fleeing, escaping or evading punishment? why would every prisoner not take every single chance they get to run, then?
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #704189

my theory is that ekat uses this forum to practice for the debate team
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #704191

kinnebian wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 6:46 pm
kinnebian wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 6:34 pm why do we even punish people for escaping prison?
really? would it not be an undermining of the law to not punish fleeing, escaping or evading punishment? why would every prisoner not take every single chance they get to run, then?
Why would any sane person put not "undermining the law" above her own freedom? Any rational agent would attempt to escape a negative outcome. Punishment is a negative outcome.
Prisoners don't take chances to run because they don't get them. It's up to the guards to not allow that, it's not up to the prisoners to make the courts harming them (by depriving them of their freedom) easier.
Vekter wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 6:46 pm
ekaterina wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 6:33 pm What difference does it make, and why do you expect people to not try to go around an obstacle you put in their way?
You're either so inherently distrustful of authority that anything anyone in a position of power does is, in your opinion, going to be bad
If you can't justify what you're doing, you shouldn't be doing it to begin with.
Vekter wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 6:46 pm I've come to the determination that literally nothing I do will ever be good enough for you, which doesn't really matter because you have zero bearing on my life or any decision I ever make.
Either way, your opinion on what I do isn't welcome and I'm not planning on taking anything you say into account in the future.
Just like you don't care about my opinion, I don't care about whether you care about my opinion either, and that won't stop me from giving it when I view your actions as unfair.
Vekter wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 6:46 pm Also, don't worry about me being biased - I'll just hand off any issue involving you to another admin to handle. That way there's no concern.
Recognising your own biases and not allowing them to cloud your judgement is very based goodmin behaviour, actually.
Last edited by ekaterina on Wed Sep 13, 2023 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #704192

ekaterina wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 7:18 pm
Vekter wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 6:46 pm I've come to the determination that literally nothing I do will ever be good enough for you, which doesn't really matter because you have zero bearing on my life or any decision I ever make.
Just like you don't care about my opinion, I don't care about whether you care about my opinion either, and that won't stop me from giving it when I view your actions as unfair.
Cool, I'm just going to keep you on ignore then.
Spoiler:

mstachife
Byond Username: Mstachife

Post by mstachife » #704194

people actually took ekat's opinions seriously? I thought they've always been shitposting on here.
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer

Post by Jacquerel » #704197

any rational agent would simply take the first marshmallow because there is a reward in front of them, ignoring the fact that not doing so would result in a second one
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #704200

ii remember posting here earlier today but i dont see it, im going insane
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #704203

im so bored of the theatrics bros. evading a ban for a 20 year old graphical mud is not equivalent to escaping a prison cell. we're not judges and arbiters of law that control people's lives and personal freedom, we're a bunch of nerds running a virtual d&d game that grew too big. this is not some kafkaesque abuse of authority to tie someone up in busywork just to fuck with them. it's throwing someone a bone and letting them know the effort they need to put in to show that after cheating at the game and getting kicked out there's still a way for them to prove that they're capable of being a good player so that we can let them come back in and play with us again.
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #704205

dendydoom wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 8:31 pm im so bored of the theatrics bros. evading a ban for a 20 year old graphical mud is not equivalent to escaping a prison cell.
i need practice for my debate team and it was the easiest and clearest comparison to make
warbluke
Byond Username: Warbluke

Post by warbluke » #704206

Calling space station a mud is kind of a stretch. I've always thought of it as a physics engine.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #704208

mstachife wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 7:52 pm people actually took ekat's opinions seriously? I thought they've always been shitposting on here.
They more troll than shitpost. Shitposting has some irony to it whereas trolling is just doing things for the sake of making people angry.
warbluke wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 8:49 pm Calling space station a mud is kind of a stretch. I've always thought of it as a physics engine.
It started out as an atmospherics simulation, so you're not far off.
Spoiler:

Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #704209

Kendrickorium wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 6:46 pm guys leave ekat alone, shes got twice the workload now
No way, Ekaterina has 2 braincells now??
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #704210

dendydoom wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 8:31 pm evading a ban for a 20 year old graphical mud is not equivalent to escaping a prison cell.
This is true. A ban is not comparable to a prison. A ban keeps you out, a prison keeps you in. Being banned is like being trespassed from a place. You still have a million other places to go.
That still doesn't change the fact that the natural instinct when being stopped from doing something you want to do is to resist the person stopping you.
kinnebian wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 8:44 pm
dendydoom wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 8:31 pm im so bored of the theatrics bros. evading a ban for a 20 year old graphical mud is not equivalent to escaping a prison cell.
i need practice for my debate team and it was the easiest and clearest comparison to make
Based. I hope you nail your audition.
Reach out any time, I can debate with you about non-spessman things too.
Timonk wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:24 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 6:46 pm guys leave ekat alone, shes got twice the workload now
However many I have, I'll still have more than you.
Vekter wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 9:57 pm
mstachife wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 7:52 pm people actually took ekat's opinions seriously? I thought they've always been shitposting on here.
They more troll than shitpost. Shitposting has some irony to it whereas trolling is just doing things for the sake of making people angry.
"I can't possibly fathom someone not agreeing with me, this person must be a troll!"

I don't do things to make you angry, you guys do that all on your own because you can't stand a dissenting opinion.
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #704212

Kendrickorium wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 5:25 pm References of good conduct: Im god blessed child

well, i dont know what else there is to say, really
Your sig is very funny and although you change it every month therefore this comment won't age well I can trust it'll still be very funny next month.
That's really bad faith. So we can presume if you ever get permabanned you're gonna evade?
Last edited by conrad on Wed Sep 13, 2023 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
zxaber
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Zxaber

Post by zxaber » #704214

References of good conduct: Im god blessed child
Should have denied on the basis of being underage tbh.
Douglas Bickerson / Adaptive Manipulator / Digital Clockwork
OrdoM/(Viktor Bergmannsen) (ghost) "Also Douglas, you're becoming the Lexia Black of Robotics"
mstachife
Byond Username: Mstachife

Post by mstachife » #704219

ekaterina wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:28 pm I don't do things to make you angry, you guys do that all on your own because you can't stand a dissenting opinion.

If you want to find a mecca of free speech Id suggest going to a public park. Thank christ it isn't here, and you aren't going to convince many people that it should be.
Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Post by Turbonerd » #704220

Just add ekaterina to your foes list and move on. Don't feed the trolls guys. It's bait.
feaster
Byond Username: Roadto3k

Post by feaster » #704221

Is it safe to assume that there is a /tg/station admin looming in every discord server, public and private, who may 1984 those who discuss pure hypotheticals?
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer

Post by Jacquerel » #704222

tgtation admins are omnipresent yes
conrad

Post by conrad » #704225

feaster wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 12:38 am Is it safe to assume that there is a /tg/station admin looming in every discord server, public and private, who may 1984 those who discuss pure hypotheticals?
Yes we are a shadow council that controls public communications so we can ban more often and meet the quota.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
The Wrench
Byond Username: The Wrench

Post by The Wrench » #704232

I for one love our new supreme ai gangster communist computer admin Gods on the moon and hope they are kind to me and send me lots of happy signals to my mind control chip implanted in me at birth.
Jonathan Gupta wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:32 pm all you godamn do is whine and complain come up with ideas, stop bitching for christs sake.
Flatulent wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:02 am You and anyone who supports the rule 3 as described by mso is simply put not an lrp player

BrolyButterfingers
Byond Username: DurrHurrDurrHurr

Post by BrolyButterfingers » #704233

This is actually not a crime in a lot of countries. Belgium, Germany, Sweden and Austria to name a few.
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

Post by TheRex9001 » #704234

BrolyButterfingers wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:02 am This is actually not a crime in a lot of countries. Belgium, Germany, Sweden and Austria to name a few.
Whilst it isnt against the law in these places it does give you an infraction usually if caught, meaning you will most likely be released later than planned.
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #704247

ekaterina wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:28 pm

I will always have double the amount you have. Owned.
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
conrad

Post by conrad » #704251

Timonk wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:25 am
ekaterina wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:28 pm

I will always have double the amount you have. Owned.
Oh shit son I don't see how Ekat can ever recover from this.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Featherfield
Byond Username: Featherfield

Post by Featherfield » #704469

are you fucking high?
kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #704471

ekaterina wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 7:18 pm
kinnebian wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 6:46 pm
kinnebian wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 6:34 pm why do we even punish people for escaping prison?
Why would any sane person put not "undermining the law" above her own freedom? Any rational agent would attempt to escape a negative outcome. Punishment is a negative outcome.
Prisoners don't take chances to run because they don't get them. It's up to the guards to not allow that, it's not up to the prisoners to make the courts harming them (by depriving them of their freedom) easier.
slept on this, this is actually a really interesting take that ive ended up a bit confused on
at the end of the day i think i agree that it is not fair to expect someone not to seek freedom, and that someone escaping is not an inherently immoral act and instead more of a failing of the prison system that allowed them to escape
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #704479

kinnebian wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:35 pm
ekaterina wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 7:18 pm Why would any sane person put not "undermining the law" above her own freedom? Any rational agent would attempt to escape a negative outcome. Punishment is a negative outcome.
slept on this, this is actually a really interesting take that ive ended up a bit confused on
at the end of the day i think i agree that it is not fair to expect someone not to seek freedom, and that someone escaping is not an inherently immoral act and instead more of a failing of the prison system that allowed them to escape
Could it then be said, perhaps, that you agree with me but in a less aggressive manner? :D