it's so joever for manuel sec

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Bmon
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Bmon

it's so joever for manuel sec

Post by Bmon » #704284

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=34934

ngl dont think MRP sec should murderizing the clown for eating all the vax pills
Striders13
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Striders13

Re: it's so joever for manuel sec

Post by Striders13 » #704285

permaban the clown under rule 10 for being a bitch and complaining after getting shot for griefing
► Show Spoiler
dallas
Byond Username: Enderbran

Post by dallas » #704287

damn it wasnt even 10 mins til the peanut was made

edit: killing someone over spreading a virus and getting rid of the vax is completely justified i hate viruses too
Last edited by dallas on Thu Sep 14, 2023 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:D certified forum lurker :D
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #704288

Jeff gaiman moment. Dude plays sec like cod
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TheBibleMelts

Post by TheBibleMelts » #704290

Jackraxxus
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Jackraxxus

Post by Jackraxxus » #704291

Striders13 wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 4:41 pm permaban the clown under rule 10 for being a bitch and complaining after getting shot for griefing
Relevant headmin ruling:
Kor Muthafuckin' Phaeron wrote: If you perform an action which has zero benefit to you other than making others upset (like killing Ian) I will ban you if you adminhelp when someone kills you.
iamgoofball wrote:Vekter and MrMelbert are more likely to enforce the roleplay rules Manuel is supposed to be abiding by than Wesoda or Jackraxxus are.
ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Post by ekaterina » #704292

Releasing viruses is a capital crime, the clown fucked around and found out.
The nuance here comes from this having taken place on Manuel, I won't pretend to know what the fuck goes on in there.
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master

Post by TheBibleMelts » #704293

security is expected to try and use brig cells unless given good reason that it won't work out, typically.
JupiterJaeden
Byond Username: JupiterJaeden

Post by JupiterJaeden » #704297

Striders13 wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 4:41 pm permaban the clown under rule 10 for being a bitch and complaining after getting shot for griefing
Clowns can have a little griefing, as a treat. I wish no ill upon the clown who met his fateful end upon the point of my shotgun. All part of the game.

Tbf the clown was also encouraged by the other clowns and admemery. Twas a clown frenzy.
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #704305

Innocent ban appeal thread: *exists*
Random person unrelated to the ban that misunderstands what the definition of 'headmin precedent' is:
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
mrmelbert
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Mr Melbert

Post by mrmelbert » #704307

I escalate against people who refuse to take vaccine pills often (up to crit so I can force them to take it) but I dunno about this.
Admin: December 2020 - Present
Code Maintainer: December 2021 - Present
Head Admin: Feburary 2022 - September 2022
Youtube Guy: sometimes

TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master

Post by TheBibleMelts » #704308

mrmelbert wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:01 pm I escalate against people who refuse to take vaccine pills often (up to crit so I can force them to take it) but I dunno about this.
clown was MEGA vaccinated. him joking about eating all the pills (he didn't actually) was what resulted in him being shot to death by the officer in question.
Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Post by Turbonerd » #704309

Messing with the vaccination supply sounds like an extremely major crime if not capital. Not really worth a field execution unless there were special circumstances. Could probably justify permabrig if the clown actually did eat all or almost all of the vaccines.

Going for permabrig actually allows for a proper investigation and allow the clown to tell the truth, unlike a field execution.
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master

Post by TheBibleMelts » #704310

Turbonerd wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:25 pm Messing with the vaccination supply sounds like an extremely major crime if not capital. Not really worth a field execution unless there were special circumstances. Could probably justify permabrig if the clown actually did eat all or almost all of the vaccines.

Going for permabrig actually allows for a proper investigation and allow the clown to tell the truth, unlike a field execution.
it was a disease curable by eating a banana, which was also being mass produced along with said vaccine. clown joked about eating the vaccine pills, but that hardly meant making people unable to be cured.
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #704311

ekaterina wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 4:56 pm The nuance here comes from this having taken place on Manuel, I won't pretend to know what the fuck goes on in there.
to be fair i don't think we do either
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #704312

security shotgun blasting the clown for “eating all of the vaccine pills for the harmless virus that makes you honk” is REALLY funny

normally the best course of action is to just solve it ICly and tell security to revive the clown and leave it at that. but it seems like this guy has a trigger happy history so I think it makes sense to sec ban. that said idk what his history actually is i just trust thebiblemelts on this one
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
vect0r
Byond Username: Vect0r

Post by vect0r » #704313

Imma say I feel this is valid.
VENDETTA+Cecilia Vujic
EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #704315

My favorite clown gimmick was a anti Vaxer / flat lavaland conspiracy clown that trashed all of the vaccines one round
TypicalRig
Byond Username: TypicalRig

Post by TypicalRig » #704317

a clown cult thread, and bmon picks this thread title... so much potential wasted..

Really the clown doing what he did was fine, but him getting lynched for it is equally fine. I feel like if BibleMelts was handling this ticket with any officer with a relatively clean slate they would've easily gotten away with a low severity note, but I barely play on Manuel and even I know Jeff jumps to lethals for the tiniest things, which is already kind of discouraged on Manuel. Is it funny as hell? Absolutely. But sec mains have gotten quality controlled in the past for just using every possible opportunity to dish out lethals, so considering his reputation it would not hurt for him at all to be a bit more forgiving.

that being said if the clown ahelped over that (I guess in this case since he didn't actually eat the pills but took credit for it it's not really grief) he should really be given a harsh punishment for banbaiting since he put himself in a really dodgy predicament intentionally then had the gall to ahelp. i'm hoping this is just a case of biblemelts taking it upon their self to investigate though.
kayozz
Byond Username: Kayozz11

Post by kayozz » #704319

Bioterrorism like that IS, I will note, a pretty severe crime.
Jeff doesn't fuck about when it comes to bioterrorism. One of the funniest executions I've ever seen was having the botanist traitor who released death-bees tied to a chair and stung to death.
If nothing else, I think Jeff is an incredibly hard-nosed, no-nonsense HOS. Considering most people find HOS very stressful, Jeff kinda slips into that role with ease, which i find both incredibly amusing and scary.
Maybe he's a tad too harsh? Perhaps? But I've never seen him not roleplay it and he's always trying to keep security in line.
For the record I've seen him ignore minor crimes and only concentrate on the shitters/dangerous types, rather than going all-out on the average greytider, so I think it's a tad unfair to say he's always looking for an excuse to kill.
NOBODY CARES ABOUT YOUR GREENTEXT
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #704325

Kendrick late to the thread so I guess I have to do it.

0/10, awful title. Didn't even make a joke about clowns dying.

As for the actual ban, Jaeden's got a sheet a mile long with issues about killing people when he ought not to and I think this is more a concern about his reasoning for doing it ("it was funny") than him actually doing it. I don't like how he plays sec and honestly I think he'd do well to play some other roles for a while.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #704326

manuel admin intervention and its consequences...

Clown getting shot to death by security for (pretending to ig?) eat all the vaccine pills for a disease is pretty peak ss13, and as long as the clown is revived hastily then a verbal / low severity note wouldve suffice imo.
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin

Post by dendydoom » #704328

jeff just needs to chill. he's a good hos but the way he engages with the round can often feel like he cares more about winning than seeing roleplay situations through to their completion. on lrp that seems to be fine, but on mrp we expect a little more leniency because death is the end of the story when a hos signs off on it. i would've even understood if he created a spectacle of the execution rather than just gunning them down in the street. just a little more imagination so that it creates interesting and enjoyable situations to be a part of, rather than shoot the evil funny man and win the video game. cmon jeff!
NSFW:
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #704329

Someone needs to say it.

People who cure themselves from pierrots throat are little pussy ass bitches who don't know how to have fun.
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #704330

TheLoLSwat wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:53 pm manuel admin intervention and its consequences...

Clown getting shot to death by security for (pretending to ig?) eat all the vaccine pills for a disease is pretty peak ss13, and as long as the clown is revived hastily then a verbal / low severity note wouldve suffice imo.
I'm loath to agree with you on anything security-wise given your reputation /j
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
GPeckman
Byond Username: GPeckman

Post by GPeckman » #704332

dendydoom wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:02 pm jeff just needs to chill. he's a good hos but the way he engages with the round can often feel like he cares more about winning than seeing roleplay situations through to their completion. on lrp that seems to be fine, but on mrp we expect a little more leniency because death is the end of the story when a hos signs off on it. i would've even understood if he created a spectacle of the execution rather than just gunning them down in the street. just a little more imagination so that it creates interesting and enjoyable situations to be a part of, rather than shoot the evil funny man and win the video game. cmon jeff!
Thing is, he went to the effort of getting the clown revived. That just doesn't really seem like play-to-win behavior to me.
Chadley
Byond Username: Armodias

Post by Chadley » #704333

TBM using manuel-cord has gotta be friendly fire.
► Show Spoiler
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #704335

I'm starting to see a pattern and understand why some people have such a strong distaste for Manuel.

Too many unrobust LRP players.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
kayozz

Post by kayozz » #704336

conrad wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 10:00 pm I'm starting to see a pattern and understand why some people have such a strong distaste for Manuel.

Too many unrobust LRP players.
Correct.
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin

Post by dendydoom » #704337

GPeckman wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:34 pm
dendydoom wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:02 pm jeff just needs to chill. he's a good hos but the way he engages with the round can often feel like he cares more about winning than seeing roleplay situations through to their completion. on lrp that seems to be fine, but on mrp we expect a little more leniency because death is the end of the story when a hos signs off on it. i would've even understood if he created a spectacle of the execution rather than just gunning them down in the street. just a little more imagination so that it creates interesting and enjoyable situations to be a part of, rather than shoot the evil funny man and win the video game. cmon jeff!
Thing is, he went to the effort of getting the clown revived. That just doesn't really seem like play-to-win behavior to me.
he didn't even execute the person who was at fault because he was too eager to cap someone to actually investigate it. the clown who was killed wasn't the one who released the virus. they ate a handful of pills of a vaccine that was being mass produced, as well as botany creating bananas which also cure it. they jokingly put on comms "i'm eating all the vaccines!!!". at most the captain said to "beat them up" but jeff somehow took this to mean "gun them down and then keep shooting them while they're a limp corpse on the ground." generally when we investigate bad killings getting them revived is the bare minimum of recompense, not an immediate absolution of any wrongdoing in the first place.

in either case, i don't like to nitpick at this level because it's not helpful from a player's point of view. the round is chaotic, hos is a stressful role, i am aware and empathetic of that. it's the attitude that creates the problem. if jeff wasn't so eager to kill anyone who registers on the valid-o-meter then this wouldn't have happened. he would've done the bare minimum of investigation, seen that there were still vaccines, seen that there were still bananas, seen that the clown was just fucking around, then realized there would be no justifiable reason to stick both barrels of a shotgun into pagliacci's mouth and pull the trigger.
NSFW:
Lacran
Byond Username: Lacran

Post by Lacran » #704339

I would've just permad the clown.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #704340

Seems pretty clear that this is a developing-pattern ban to remind a troublesome sec player that he should be sending prisoners to jail instead of blasting them into chunky salsa when they arent like, blowing up science or whatever.

That said this sounds like an extremely amusing situation all around where the clown kinda deserved it.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #704341

IC Issue, Clowns are allowed to grief a little as a treat, and the crew are allowed to lynch the clown in response. As a Clown, if you get lynched for your antics, that should be a badge of honour.

The Clown was even revived! So the Clown did something funny, and then got merc'd for it, which is ALSO really funny! Literally nothing bad happened here.

I'm also not sure why people say Jeff does too bad with Sec. My main static hates him IC (I hope he knows it's all IC) because he goes too easy on people at times. Admittedly I'm not super active anymore, so maybe I just don't see the Bad, but it's surprising to me.

Edit: Logs show the Clown taking great joy in the Fucking Around part and then malding in deadchat when he Finds Out. Job ban him from Clown. A Clown's goal should be trying to make people laugh, not trying to laugh at peoples' expenses. The 'Find Out' part of 'Fuck Around and Find Out' is an essential part in making it Clown Shit rather than Griefing.
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master

Post by TheBibleMelts » #704342

CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:02 pm IC Issue, Clowns are allowed to grief a little as a treat, and the crew are allowed to lynch the clown in response. As a Clown, if you get lynched for your antics, that should be a badge of honour.

The Clown was even revived! So the Clown did something funny, and then got merc'd for it, which is ALSO really funny! Literally nothing bad happened here.

I'm also not sure why people say Jeff does too bad with Sec. My main static hates him IC (I hope he knows it's all IC) because he goes too easy on people at times. Admittedly I'm not super active anymore, so maybe I just don't see the Bad, but it's surprising to me.

Edit: Logs show the Clown taking great joy in the Fucking Around part and then malding in deadchat when he Finds Out. Job ban him from Clown. A Clown's goal should be trying to make people laugh, not trying to laugh at peoples' expenses. The 'Find Out' part of 'Fuck Around and Find Out' is an essential part in making it Clown Shit rather than Griefing.
i thought so initially too with the jobban, but after talking with the clown i didn't think the Find Out was proportional to the Fuck Around in this instance.
CMDR_Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #704343

TheBibleMelts wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:07 pm
CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:02 pm [We do a little snipping of irrelevant parts]
i thought so initially too with the jobban, but after talking with the clown i didn't think the Find Out was proportional to the Fuck Around in this instance.
I still somewhat stand by lynching the Clown being an iconic SS13 pass-time. And personally, I consider Pierrot's to be something worthy of it, because people probably don't want to get Clown'd (does it still do that? I loosely remember Pierrot's eventually turning you into a Clown if untreated)

Did Gaiman actually keep shooting after the Clown was dead? If so, then fair enough, because that does put a pretty big delay on the revival, but if not then...iunno, agree to disagree, I suppose.
TypicalRig

Post by TypicalRig » #704344

03:01:04 SAY Jonathan576/(Slippy Jimmy) (DEAD) "i just got executed for eating pills" (117, 173, 4) Brig Overlook

GROSSLY misrepresenting what happened for sympathy. yikes. Knowing the clown was the one who ahelped only makes this worse, too. I think in this scenario, even if Jeff's punishment was justified, that the clown still should've gotten a severe punishment for ahelping that. Not everyone knows what Pierrot's Throat is, what it does, and a disease going around for people not fully invested in the game would obviously lead to panic. Everyone knows what a vaccine is, but not everyone knows how to identify the cure and find a source of said cure. The clown doing this shenanigan was totally warranted, but ahelping over mass conflict that they started is just weaponizing the admin team. I think since it's being brought to headmin attention the best case scenario would be upholding the ban on Jeff (maybe a reduction of total ban time?) and also giving the clown a bigger ban for banbaiting.

But since it seems the current meta on Manuel is throwing a "woe is me this was fnr" act in ahelps and disregarding the greater context, this'll probably just end with Jeff's note being upheld and nothing else.
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master

Post by TheBibleMelts » #704347

TypicalRig wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:37 pm 03:01:04 SAY Jonathan576/(Slippy Jimmy) (DEAD) "i just got executed for eating pills" (117, 173, 4) Brig Overlook

GROSSLY misrepresenting what happened for sympathy. yikes. Knowing the clown was the one who ahelped only makes this worse, too. I think in this scenario, even if Jeff's punishment was justified, that the clown still should've gotten a severe punishment for ahelping that. Not everyone knows what Pierrot's Throat is, what it does, and a disease going around for people not fully invested in the game would obviously lead to panic. Everyone knows what a vaccine is, but not everyone knows how to identify the cure and find a source of said cure. The clown doing this shenanigan was totally warranted, but ahelping over mass conflict that they started is just weaponizing the admin team. I think since it's being brought to headmin attention the best case scenario would be upholding the ban on Jeff (maybe a reduction of total ban time?) and also giving the clown a bigger ban for banbaiting.

But since it seems the current meta on Manuel is throwing a "woe is me this was fnr" act in ahelps and disregarding the greater context, this'll probably just end with Jeff's note being upheld and nothing else.
the clown didn't start the outbreak, and so far as i can tell by logs, eating the pills was indeed the worst thing they did aside from the verbal (but not followed through) threat to eat them all. i usually delight in getting to turn adminhelps around on people when it turns out they did something to bait another player and then adminhelp the resulting fallout, but this didn't seem to be one going by the usual sniff-test.
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #704348

CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:33 pm I still somewhat stand by lynching the Clown being an iconic SS13 pass-time.
Shooting someone dead isn't lynching. It's shooting someone dead. Iconic SS13 moments need to be funny. Bringing the clown to CPH to be beaten up for eating all the pills is funny. Executing them and carrying on is just 2d CoD. yawnorama
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
TypicalRig

Post by TypicalRig » #704349

TheBibleMelts wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:47 pm
TypicalRig wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:37 pm 03:01:04 SAY Jonathan576/(Slippy Jimmy) (DEAD) "i just got executed for eating pills" (117, 173, 4) Brig Overlook

the clown didn't start the outbreak, and so far as i can tell by logs, eating the pills was indeed the worst thing they did aside from the verbal (but not followed through) threat to eat them all. i usually delight in getting to turn adminhelps around on people when it turns out they did something to bait another player and then adminhelp the resulting fallout, but this didn't seem to be one going by the usual sniff-test.
I never said he started the outbreak. I'm giving context as to why from a RP perspective, that a lynching was rather justified with the HoS's limited knowledge.

what did the clown expect to happen by gleefully telling people that he was the one to devour all the vaccines
mstachife
Byond Username: Mstachife

Post by mstachife » #704350

If I had a spare fire axe odds are I would've honked the clown some too.

Also the most worst part out of all this was the clown who got lynched over eating vaccine pills complained/lied about it and gets off even being revived after ahelping. Absolutely sickening behavior from a clown, they should know better. There are standards dammit.
Last edited by mstachife on Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master

Post by TheBibleMelts » #704352

TypicalRig wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:50 pm
TheBibleMelts wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:47 pm

I never said he started the outbreak. I'm giving context as to why from a RP perspective, that a lynching was rather justified with the HoS's limited knowledge.

what did the clown expect to happen by gleefully telling people that he was the one to devour all the vaccines
they were just a regular officer, not HoS - but yeah i'm not defending the fact that the clown didn't have something coming. i'm defending the players right to be able to roleplay out that 'something coming' when it arrives provided they're not an active threat or proving difficult to contain. shoot until dead on sight is a pretty quick way to kill roleplay and discourage it altogether. it makes more sense for non-security to go mob justice like this due to their lack of tools to do it in other ways, but the story 100% did not need to play out to such a quick termination if both parties were playing in good faith.
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #704353

i think killing people is good roleplay but i get what you’re getting at
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
kayozz

Post by kayozz » #704354

Absolutely sickening behavior from a clown
I laughed.
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #704355

Manuel, the server where you can fuck around, find out, then make the other guy find out for fucking around.
kayozz

Post by kayozz » #704357

Jeff you fucker, go play clown for 20 rounds and I'll stop defending you.
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #704358

0/10 thread title

Really weak sauce job ban that’s only happening because Jeff has reached the terminal “notes/bans leading to more notes/bans” phase. Jeff’s a bit trigger happy but he honestly role plays better than most of Manuel (who have squeaky clean records because they never do anything) it’s just that he also tends to be a little overeager with force. I wish antags got remotely the amount of scrutiny sec players got. Admins act like this and dynamic is a shit show then people turn around and wonder why sec always has like, four people in the department, tops. Dynamic doesn’t work really well with low sec pop no matter how hard Mothblocks tries to say otherwise.

Peak IC issue where the clown fucked around and found out. It’s baffling to me that the clown did this, got killed, got revived a bit afterwards*, then had the genius idea that this wasn’t an IC issue, and the admin AGREED.

*14 minutes is a long time to wait for revival.

I’ve always seen the clown as being a “you can get away with more shit than a regular crew member but regular crew members can get away with more shit against you”

Manuel’s a bunch of pansies that want security to treat everything with kiddie gloves and then will call a sec officer an asshole at the end of the round in OOC and in the round end chat for arresting them when they were tiding, while also complaining that an antagonist didn’t get field executed and round removed for putting up syndie posters.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
CMDR_Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #704361

conrad wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:48 pm
CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:33 pm I still somewhat stand by lynching the Clown being an iconic SS13 pass-time.
Shooting someone dead isn't lynching. It's shooting someone dead. Iconic SS13 moments need to be funny. Bringing the clown to CPH to be beaten up for eating all the pills is funny. Executing them and carrying on is just 2d CoD. yawnorama
Watching a clown get turned into a fine red mist by Security after the Clown does something that would be griefing if done by any other job, is both hilarious and satisfying. The fact that the Clown got revived after removes any issue I might have with it (because it's a relatively minor level of griefing that doesn't warrant Round Removal).

If you want to talk about 2D CoD, the Revolution (arguably Nukies, but I like Nukies so I'm not going to put it under scrutiny) gamemode is right there.
JupiterJaeden
Byond Username: JupiterJaeden

Post by JupiterJaeden » #704364

RedBaronFlyer wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 1:00 am 0/10 thread title

Really weak sauce job ban that’s only happening because Jeff has reached the terminal “notes/bans leading to more notes/bans” phase. Jeff’s a bit trigger happy but he honestly role plays better than most of Manuel (who have squeaky clean records because they never do anything) it’s just that he also tends to be a little overeager with force. I wish antags got remotely the amount of scrutiny sec players got. Admins act like this and dynamic is a shit show then people turn around and wonder why sec always has like, four people in the department, tops. Dynamic doesn’t work really well with low sec pop no matter how hard Mothblocks tries to say otherwise.

Peak IC issue where the clown fucked around and found out. It’s baffling to me that the clown did this, got killed, got revived a bit afterwards*, then had the genius idea that this wasn’t an IC issue, and the admin AGREED.

*14 minutes is a long time to wait for revival.

I’ve always seen the clown as being a “you can get away with more shit than a regular crew member but regular crew members can get away with more shit against you”

Manuel’s a bunch of pansies that want security to treat everything with kiddie gloves and then will call a sec officer an asshole at the end of the round in OOC and in the round end chat for arresting them when they were tiding, while also complaining that an antagonist didn’t get field executed and round removed for putting up syndie posters.
I was honestly a little surprised I got bwoinked at all. "Peak IC issue" definitely seems like a good way to describe how I saw it at the time lol.
EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #704366

Yah I thought this over and its kinda weak.
EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #704367

Same ideas as baron but with more blame on dynamic. Dynamic fucks sec over hard and admins are always breathing down the 3 sec players collars incase the catgirl gets mad they got harm batoned for being an asshole