Local Ban Evader Hates the Antichrist

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Local Ban Evader Hates the Antichrist

Post by Vekter » #704407

viewtopic.php?p=704406

So lemme see if I got this straight. Data is being collected on me outside of what BYOND collects(CID, IP, ckey), some form of data analytics ran(you could be geolocating, running AI/ML on language/behavior, other seedy nefarious shit) on users that could be flawed/return a false positive, and then results purposely kept opaque from them? Are you not running against your own sites or hosts privacy policy or as well applicable Privacy Law on locality(State Law/EU Privacy Act), I request to see what the basis of this infraction is and data being used/processed. If not here then privately or IM'd if you believe this is a privacy matter. That quoted old response reeks of behind the curtain action. or do I have to raise this?

E: Bonus:

AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Re: Local Ban Evader Hates the Antichrist

Post by Timberpoes » #704410

So lemme see if I got this straight. Data is being collected on me outside of what BYOND collects(CID, IP, ckey), some form of data analytics ran(you could be geolocating, running AI/ML on language/behavior, other seedy nefarious shit) on users that could be flawed/return a false positive, and then results purposely kept opaque from them? Are you not running against your own sites or hosts privacy policy or as well applicable Privacy Law on locality(State Law/EU Privacy Act), I request to see what the basis of this infraction is and data being used/processed. If not here then privately or IM'd if you believe this is a privacy matter. That quoted old response reeks of behind the curtain action. or do I have to raise this?
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #704415

Hugs
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #704416

I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Ziiro
Byond Username: Ziiro
Github Username: Ziiro

Post by Ziiro » #704417

the use of
or do I have to raise this?
reeks of some middle manager/entitled customer bullshit. Completely insane.
ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Post by ekaterina » #704418

So Binterpoes sees a guy with legitimate privacy concerns and he chooses to call him an idiot? This is disappointing. What happened to eloquent Timberposts?

Also he may be right that collecting data on him and not disclosing it may be a violation of the GDPR. Of course that doesn't matter if he turns out to not even be in the EU.
Last edited by ekaterina on Fri Sep 15, 2023 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #704419

Daily reminder not to reply to obvious troll posts.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

Imitates-The-Lizards
Byond Username: Typhnox

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #704420

Vekter wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 1:17 pm viewtopic.php?p=704406

Vekter why are you not using night mode? Do you hate your eyeballs?
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #704421

The "So lemme see if I got this straight." post has the same energy as WingsofRedemption's "LOOK HERE, LOOK, LISTEN!" clip

admin conduct in the appeal is a bit unprofessional though.
Last edited by RedBaronFlyer on Fri Sep 15, 2023 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #704422

Imitates-The-Lizards wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 2:45 pm Vekter why are you not using night mode? Do you hate your eyeballs?
No, I just don't have my brightness turned up to maximum like an insane person.
Spoiler:

Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master

Post by Misdoubtful » #704428

s-so wemme see if i g-got thiws stwaight d-data iws b-b-being cowwected own me ouwtside of whawt byond cowwects(cid, ip, ckey), s-sowme fowm of data a-anyawytics w-wan(u couwwd be geowocating... wuwnnying ai/mw own wanguwage/behaviow, othew seedy nyefawiouws poopoo) own u-uwsews thawt couwwd be f-fwawed/wetuwwn a fawse positive, awnd then wesuwwts puwwposewy kept opaquwe f-fwom thewm!!11 r uwwuw n-nyowt wuwnnying against uw own sites ow h-hosts pwivacy powicy o-ow as weww appwicabwe pwivacy waw own wocawity(state waw/euw pwivacy act), i w-wequwest tuwwuw s-see whawt the b-b-b-basis of t-thiws infwaction iws a-awnd data b-being uwsed/pwocessed if nyowt h-h-hewe then pwivatewy o-ow im'd if uwwuw b-bewieve thiws iws a pwivacy mattew. thawt q-quwoted o-owd wesponse weeks of behind the c-cuwwtain a-action. ow duwwuw i h-have tuwwuw waise thiws!!11
Hugs
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #704430

Imitates-The-Lizards wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 2:45 pm

night mode looks hideous on the forums and in game
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #704437

Kendrickorium wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 3:51 pm night mode looks hideous on the forums and in game
This also where's my rating gamer
Spoiler:

Imitates-The-Lizards
Byond Username: Typhnox

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #704442

Kendrickorium wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 3:51 pm

What's it like to be wrong?
blackdav123
Byond Username: Blackdav123

Post by blackdav123 » #704444

Alternate title: Innocent player uncovers illegal admin gangstalking ring, EU intervenes
Weston Echard on Sybil
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #704445

I enjoy the headmin consensus being, "You're an idiot."
It makes me giggle.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TheBibleMelts

Post by TheBibleMelts » #704446

guys before they put my headmin chip in and I can't say anything else, i need to break the secret method out and let everybody know how we knew

he's an idiot
technokek
Byond Username: Technokek

Post by technokek » #704449

ekaterina wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 2:30 pm So Binterpoes sees a guy with legitimate privacy concerns and he chooses to call him an idiot? This is disappointing. What happened to eloquent Timberposts?

Also he may be right that collecting data on him and not disclosing it may be a violation of the GDPR. Of course that doesn't matter if he turns out to not even be in the EU.
It is actually kinda weird how this is just laughed about. Privacy is a human right.
conrad

Post by conrad » #704451

technokek wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 7:20 pm
ekaterina wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 2:30 pm So Binterpoes sees a guy with legitimate privacy concerns and he chooses to call him an idiot? This is disappointing. What happened to eloquent Timberposts?

It is actually kinda weird how this is just laughed about. Privacy is a human right.
With all my awesome powers of admemery, I have no idea who you are, nor do I want to know. At best I can figure out what city you're playing from.

If you think that violates your rights, I suggest leaving the internet for good, cos every single web service you use and online game you play knows your IP address.

GDPR, like the appellant mentioned, doesn't come into it. We don't know your name, we don't know where you live, or your phone number, and we don't know any sensitive data about you. We don't keep records of these because we don't care. The data we keep exists exclusively to perform our duty at finding ban evaders, which exists to maintain server health and integrity for players that choose to be here in good faith.

And before ekat drops the nonsense "a man wishes to be free" and bla bla like being banned equates to being IRL arrested, if you evade and we don't catch you because, ya know, you're not breaking any rules or doing anything that warrants the Eye atop the Tower of Sauron to gaze upon you...that means we all win. Y'all need to learn admins are really lenient if you're here demonstrably in good faith.

All that to say that if you think we're some sort of ad and email collection agency yeah we're gonna laugh at you lmao
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #704454

Hey Conrad what's your mother's maiden name and what's the last 5 digits of your ss? Asking for a friend!
conrad

Post by conrad » #704455

An important adendum 'cos I know some people can't read:

Don't get confused, mistaken or scammed: an admin sharing someone's IP address for any reason other than the performance of their duties is a very serious breach of admin conduct and I'm pretty sure they can get insta-deadminned if it's done on purpose.
EmpressMaia wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 7:47 pm Hey Conrad what's your mother's maiden name and what's the last 5 digits of your ss? Asking for a friend!
Florinda Corcuera e Villalpando, 75611, why do you ask?
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master

Post by Misdoubtful » #704456

conrad wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 7:43 pm

GDPR
'Intellectual property' like this is protected by GDPR regardless. There is a serious legal precedent of these sorts of things never working, even with massive companies. TG meets all conditions for that protection, and will continue to do so.

The only reason that protection would falter is if people started being good boys and stopped ban evading for the rest of time, that 'secret' henceforth would lose its value. Anyone that chooses to yelp about GDPR may need to take more time to understand it.
Hugs
ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Post by ekaterina » #704458

conrad wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 7:43 pm And before ekat drops the nonsense "a man wishes to be free" and bla bla like being banned equates to being IRL arrested
Bro isn't up to date on the latest ekaterina lore.
ekaterina wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:28 pm This is true. A ban is not comparable to a prison. A ban keeps you out, a prison keeps you in. Being banned is like being trespassed from a place. You still have a million other places to go.
... which is odd, considering... y'know... you replied to that very same message.
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #704459

technokek wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 7:20 pm It is actually kinda weird how this is just laughed about. Privacy is a human right.
I'm gonna try to explain this as best I can without revealing any of the actual information that was used to ban this guy. Probably the easiest way to do that is to break down his insane ramblings.

"Data is being collected on me outside of what BYOND collects(CID, IP, ckey)" - It's not, these three pieces of information are all that's really stored on our servers about any specific player aside from anything they say in logs.

"Some form of data analytics ran" - No, not really.

Y"ou could be geolocating" - IPs can be used to very vaguely locate someone based on the IP's geo data but that's EXTREMELY vague (mine says I'm like 500 miles away from where I actually am) and we don't use that information anyway.

"Running AI/ML on language/behavior" - Do I have to explain why this is insane?

Hugs is 100% telling the truth in their reply to them, we don't do anything that would ever even come close to GDPR, all of our logs have IPs stripped save for the raw logs admins can access, your data is secure. Every website in existence grabs your IP address (they have to, it's literally how the internet works) and CID and ckey are proprietary BYOND stuff that can't identify you outside of the game.

E: I was informed that apparently IPs are covered under GDPR, but we're compliant in that case since you can't view player IPs without being authenticated as an admin.
Last edited by Vekter on Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:

conrad

Post by conrad » #704462

ekaterina wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:00 pm
conrad wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 7:43 pm And before ekat drops the nonsense "a man wishes to be free" and bla bla like being banned equates to being IRL arrested
Bro isn't up to date on the latest ekaterina lore.
ekaterina wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:28 pm This is true. A ban is not comparable to a prison. A ban keeps you out, a prison keeps you in. Being banned is like being trespassed from a place. You still have a million other places to go.
... which is odd, considering... y'know... you replied to that very same message.
lmao i forgor sorry
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #704464

I am fine with it if any of the head mins want to visit me 🫠
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #704465

Funny story I recently looked at ss13 cheating forums* and found spencleb under that name asking how to ban evade around the time he stopped playing/presumably got banned in 2020
*out of curiosity
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
technokek

Post by technokek » #704466

Vekter wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:09 pm
technokek wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 7:20 pm It is actually kinda weird how this is just laughed about. Privacy is a human right.
I'm gonna try to explain this as best I can without revealing any of the actual information that was used to ban this guy. Probably the easiest way to do that is to break down his insane ramblings.

"Data is being collected on me outside of what BYOND collects(CID, IP, ckey)" - It's not, these three pieces of information are all that's really stored on our servers about any specific player aside from anything they say in logs.

"Some form of data analytics ran" - No, not really.

Y"ou could be geolocating" - IPs can be used to very vaguely locate someone based on the IP's geo data but that's EXTREMELY vague (mine says I'm like 500 miles away from where I actually am) and we don't use that information anyway.

"Running AI/ML on language/behavior" - Do I have to explain why this is insane?

Hugs is 100% telling the truth in their reply to them, we don't do anything that would ever even come close to GDPR, all of our logs have IPs stripped save for the raw logs admins can access, your data is secure. Every website in existence grabs your IP address (they have to, it's literally how the internet works) and CID and ckey are proprietary BYOND stuff that can't identify you outside of the game.

E: I was informed that apparently IPs are covered under GDPR, but we're compliant in that case since you can't view player IPs without being authenticated as an admin.
GDRP covers all data you have collected about me. May it be what color I gave my spaceman's hair or my full legal name. If you collected information from me, I have the right to know what that information is. It matter what type of information it your

E: never mind I misread some of your post where you state these 3 data points are all you collect. I assumed there would be some IE shenanigans to collect more information like hardware IDs and stuff. If that's not the case its all good in my book.

I would still be happy about an proper privacy policy stating what is collected.
Last edited by technokek on Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #704472

EmpressMaia wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 7:47 pm Hey Conrad what's your mother's maiden name and what's the last 5 digits of your ss? Asking for a friend!
this is the kind of joke that got korol blacklisted maia, easy
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #704473

Imitates-The-Lizards wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 4:48 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 3:51 pm

What's it like to be wrong?
the light blue tones are soothing, and everything timber says looks great to me, so i'm not sure what you are trying to prove!
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #704474

time for jungle mode flex
respect (let him do his thing)
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #704475

Vekter wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 4:04 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 3:51 pm night mode looks hideous on the forums and in game
This also where's my rating gamer
we are still in our friendship arc so i want to be nice

its kind of bleeding into winter friendship arc with conrad

i was going to do typical rig but i've come to the conclusion that being nice or joking with them does absolutely nothing to cure the gigantic fucking Karenatitus they exhibit in every round i have to play with them
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #704476

kinnebian wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:40 pm time for jungle mode flex
somehow timber looks even BETTER
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #704478

technokek wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:49 pm I assumed there would be some IE shenanigans to collect more information like hardware IDs and stuff. If that's not the case its all good in my book.
TGUI has to get some of that data, but it's standard browser data - the same metadata your browser gives to every website it goes to. None of it is actually identifying information and none of it is stored beyond your actual gameplay session.

Additionally, your CID (Computer ID) is based off certain hardware factors that we're not familiar with - to my knowledge it's a randomized number generated based on certain aspects of your PC's hardware, but that information's proprietary and is never actually shared with us. All we get is the number itself, the purpose of which is to say what computer you're on when you log into our servers so we can tell if you're using the same PC to log into multiple accounts or ban your PC from playing here. I can reveal this information because it's common knowledge for most people who evade bans, so it's not going to help most of the folks we're trying to catch.

There is a database I can log into that lets me pull your IP, your CID, and your ckey, as well as what times you've connected to the server, but anything beyond that is not saved, or is at least not available to admins.
Spoiler:

Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Post by Turbonerd » #704559

Dark mode is for kids trying to be different. That's simply it.
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #704569

Light mode is nowhere as easy on the eyes as dark mode
TypicalRig
Byond Username: TypicalRig

Post by TypicalRig » #704584

Kendrickorium wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:41 pm i was going to do typical rig but i've come to the conclusion that being nice or joking with them does absolutely nothing to cure the gigantic fucking Karenatitus they exhibit in every round i have to play with them
this reminded me to write your invoice for this month's rent including late fees from the prior unpaid months
conrad

Post by conrad » #704591

TypicalRig wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 3:16 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:41 pm i was going to do typical rig but i've come to the conclusion that being nice or joking with them does absolutely nothing to cure the gigantic fucking Karenatitus they exhibit in every round i have to play with them
this reminded me to write your invoice for this month's rent including late fees from the prior unpaid months
That right tee arr when someone calls you a Karen you throw your hair to the side and own it sister. *snaps fingers*
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
zergking
Byond Username: Zergking

Post by zergking » #704603

Honestly, I'd encourage this brave solider of christ to bring his 'privacy violations' upto a court. I'm sure any potential judge would LOVE that
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #704629

conrad wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 4:13 pm
TypicalRig wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 3:16 pm
That right tee arr when someone calls you a Karen you throw your hair to the side and own it sister. *snaps fingers*
>on sybil
>go to botany
>jokingly tell other botanist to kill finn if they start making bluespace tomatoes
>finn:
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #704631

oh my god i just realized he made bluespace BANANAS that shift, thats actually pretty fucking good rig
TypicalRig

Post by TypicalRig » #704652

i'm begging you kendrick i can barely afford my own rent i can't afford yours too
conrad

Post by conrad » #704653

TypicalRig knows one diss.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
TypicalRig

Post by TypicalRig » #704656

Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #704746

conrad wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 11:11 pm TypicalRig knows one diss.
i'm almost positive they arent even doing it right
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #704752

the alternative is much more likely to be refusing service to all of europe which i'm sure you would find more annoying
Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Post by Turbonerd » #704758

If you're that concerned about your privacy, then just simply don't use the internet. I feel like the people that are this concerned were fed from propaganda by shitty VPN companies that have malicious intent.
conrad

Post by conrad » #704768

Turbonerd wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:32 pm If you're that concerned about your privacy, then just simply don't use the internet. I feel like the people that are this concerned were fed from propaganda by shitty VPN companies that have malicious intent.
It's not crazy to be concerned. However it's naive to think we're not gonna hold your information that is necessary for finding ban evaders, and yeah if someone is that irked about us holding the IP of their connection they should not use the internet.

We don't hold any sensitive data. No emails, names, addresses, birthdays, names of parents. Nada. We have the IP from where you play, the CID from the computer you use and the ckey you used when registering to byond. This thread has at least been informative on what data we hold.

The funniest shit I can think of is someone going "WELL ACHTCHUALLY GDPR GIMME MY INFO" when all three are things they can already access themselves.

I guess if you really wanna press the issue you can ask for your connection history. :shrug:
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
technokek

Post by technokek » #704788

oranges wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 9:46 pm

the alternative is much more likely to be refusing service to all of europe which i'm sure you would find more annoying
I use Linux for this exact reason. I wouldn't really have a problem if tg station ceased to server Europe. We would probably get an alternative soon or later that is compliant and even not I wouldn't really mind that much. I can always play something else.
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #704939

technokek wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:12 am
oranges wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 9:46 pm

I use Linux for this exact reason. I wouldn't really have a problem if tg station ceased to server Europe. We would probably get an alternative soon or later that is compliant and even not I wouldn't really mind that much. I can always play something else.
I would, it would finally make me have to get a VPN