EmpressMaia Changes Tactics Peanut

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

EmpressMaia Changes Tactics Peanut

Post by Kendrickorium » #704558

its 8 am and i'm sleepy so it isnt my best thread title

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=34947

DISCLAIMER: all discussion of Starsector is fully allowed and encouraged this thread
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Re: EmpressMaia Changes Tactics Peanut

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #704560

I feel like I'm missing way too much context to give an opinion other than "I don't really think everyone joining as a guy with the same name is as much of a deal as you think it is" as long as they aren't communicating after the round starts it literally doesn't matter. It's no different then joining a fake cult gag 2 minutes into the round and joining on on their shenanigans.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Post by Turbonerd » #704561

Did Empress forgot about RP? Those say logs are horrible. Also fuck this communist behaviour of expecting the HoP to give everything to someone because they asked.
RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #704562

Turbonerd wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 12:22 pm Did Empress forgot about RP? Those say logs are horrible. Also fuck this communist behaviour of expecting the HoP to give everything to someone because they asked.
Manuel has been Sybil 2 for months now. Dynamic being changed in the last week to constantly shit out 60+ threat rounds multiple times in a row didn't help with that.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #704567

RedBaronFlyer wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 12:24 pm
Turbonerd wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 12:22 pm Did Empress forgot about RP? Those say logs are horrible. Also fuck this communist behaviour of expecting the HoP to give everything to someone because they asked.
Manuel has been Sybil 2 for months now. Dynamic being changed in the last week to constantly shit out 60+ threat rounds multiple times in a row didn't help with that.

As someone that has played both, Sybil’s rp quality is usually a bit higher because people don’t avoid conflict like the plague Ic or ooc and people are much less likely to treat you like you used the wrong water fountain in 1959 for standing too close to their med doctor gf

(About 5 rounds on manuel, this post is sponsored by the Sybil defamation league)
Last edited by TheLoLSwat on Sat Sep 16, 2023 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
carshalash
Byond Username: Carshalash

Post by carshalash » #704571

Wait, what happened?
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #704572

Turbonerd wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 12:22 pm Also fuck this communist behaviour of expecting the HoP to give everything to someone because they asked.
I mean if the HoP is refusing to hand out vitally needed station roles while mass-closing job slots as Maia claims then they're kinda griefing tbh. I don't believe that's what was actually happening, but it would definitely be justification to beat him up/ take access into your own hands.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #704573

Not-Dorsidarf wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 1:21 pm
Turbonerd wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 12:22 pm Also fuck this communist behaviour of expecting the HoP to give everything to someone because they asked.
I mean if the HoP is refusing to hand out vitally needed station roles while mass-closing job slots as Maia claims then they're kinda griefing tbh. I don't believe that's what was actually happening, but it would definitely be justification to beat him up/ take access into your own hands.
Apparently the hop was a tator and used a tator device to close all job slots except for robo and assistant. Learned this today
EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #704574

Well I learned the tator bit today. But I knew he closed job slots inround
RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #704576

TheLoLSwat wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 1:01 pm

As someone that has played both, Sybil’s rp quality is usually a bit higher because people don’t avoid conflict like the plague Ic or ooc and people are much less likely to treat you like you used the wrong water fountain in 1959 for standing too close to their med doctor gf
Just more evidence that manuel admins need to start slapping people more, really.
EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #704577

Also where is boner master I miss his takes :V
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

Post by TheRex9001 » #704578

Should've maxcapped sec.
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #704580

I was there for it. It was genuinely a fun round, although being a cultist that mostly hanged around medbay, I didn't witness any of the greytiding that presumably happened. We ended up converting majority of Chrises into the cult, and then a space dragon validhunted us all to death.
Bring back papercult.

conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #704581

I haven't played in a while for....reasons, but the latest bans and their appeal arguments have firmly put me on the "Manuel is just LRP for unrobust people" hill.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #704582

conrad wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 2:31 pm
I haven't played in a while for....reasons, but the latest bans and their appeal arguments have firmly put me on the "Manuel is just LRP for unrobust people" hill.
Again, all we need is for the admins to actually clamp down on people being LRP shitters on Manuel.

(also have dynamic not constantly be 60+ now but that's a dynamic issue and not a rule issue)
EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #704587

yeah my chat was kinda subpar that round now that im looking back on it after a nights rest.
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #704588

is it fair to judge a community off of looking at their bans and appeals? you wouldnt ever see the good side of it, due to the inherit nature of bans and appeals
respect (let him do his thing)
conrad

Post by conrad » #704590

kinnebian wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 3:33 pm
is it fair to judge a community off of looking at their bans and appeals? you wouldnt ever see the good side of it, due to the inherit nature of bans and appeals
With the rise in recent bans, either the culture shifted or manuelmins are clamping down harder on an already existing problem.

My experience in Manuel was always metacliques and a general vibe of "I don't know you so go away".

At least it makes playing a speciest human lots of fun.

Also shame on you for strawmanning me. There's nothing wrong with playing LRP, and nothing wrong with being unrobust.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #704593

conrad wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 4:03 pm
kinnebian wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 3:33 pm
With the rise in recent bans, either the culture shifted or manuelmins are clamping down harder on an already existing problem.

My experience in Manuel was always metacliques and a general vibe of "I don't know you so go away".

At least it makes playing a speciest human lots of fun.

Also shame on you for strawmanning me. There's nothing wrong with playing LRP, and nothing wrong with being unrobust.
i hate the dickheads who disreguard and dont talk to you because they dont know you, that shit is so annoying
RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #704594

EmpressMaia wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 4:22 pm i hate the dickheads who disreguard and dont talk to you because they dont know you, that shit is so annoying
Lucky for me I forget like, 70% of the people on the server so I can't even metaclique if I wanted to.

I'm also a cargo goblin so no one even talks to me anyways
conrad

Post by conrad » #704595

RedBaronFlyer wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 4:23 pm
EmpressMaia wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 4:22 pm i hate the dickheads who disreguard and dont talk to you because they dont know you, that shit is so annoying
Lucky for me I forget like, 70% of the people on the server so I can't even metaclique if I wanted to.

I'm also a cargo goblin so no one even talks to me anyways
Let's make the cargo goblin metagang.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
zergking
Byond Username: Zergking

Post by zergking » #704600

MAIA YOU CHUCKLEFUCK YOU DID NOT MAXCAP SEC YOU CRINGE
Pepper
Byond Username: ANIMETIDDIES

Post by Pepper » #704613

ALL RIGHT CAMPERS, FOR TODAY'S CHALLENGE YOU WILL BE AVOIDING MANUEL BANBOTS
help
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TheBibleMelts

Post by TheBibleMelts » #704633

boomer comics
EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #704635

beating up the head of personnel that is witholding importantt jobs from the crew is roleplay you nonce
EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #704637

thats straight up story telling
Fikou
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Fikou
Github Username: Fikou

Post by Fikou » #704638

EmpressMaia wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 9:35 pm beating up the head of personnel that is witholding importantt jobs from the crew is roleplay you nonce
here's your reminder that nonce means sex offender/pedophile
EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #704639

Fikou wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 9:39 pm
EmpressMaia wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 9:35 pm beating up the head of personnel that is witholding importantt jobs from the crew is roleplay you nonce
in which case i'd like to trade the word nonce for another word that expresses my feelings torwards the admin thats banning the player that got into an IC conflict after attempting to tell some dip shits to stop tiding. nitwit? idk
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #704641

i wasnt in this round so i literally have 0 information to base this opinion on and please feel free to correct my ignorance but i don't understand how a gimmick where you all agree to tide as a mob can go any other way than absolutely terribly

if i saw this sort of stuff happen organically (people using genetics or something to create clones and forming a mob from that) then i would be completely open to cultivating it from an admin position and giving people antag and shit to help the story grow, that sort of stuff is excellent and i try to hunt it down when im spectating

also maia you gotta chill girl this is getting kinda fucked up. i've been real busy with uni stuff so i haven't been around to understand this situation very well but i know tbm is a chill dude if you calmed down and hashed this out with each other i think you would both gain a lot of insight and understanding of each other rather than calling him a sex offender in the peanut thread. it sucks to get banned, it sucks to feel like you're not being understood, but if you lash out like that then i hate to say it but you're just gonna end up throwing away any chance that someone will want to go through the effort of trying to understand your position and see it from your point of view and people in a decisionmaking role will just want to handle the situation by the book so they can wash their hands of it

i know you are a good player and it makes me sad to see a bunch of these threads where you're getting into trouble and while there's certainly a possibility that the evil admin cabal are just out to get you i can't really see that being the whole truth and i think if you really looked at your behaviour in the situation and tried to discern what was fine but also what was not fine and where you could have done things a little better then these sorts of things would turn out a lot more positive
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #704643

dendydoom wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 9:58 pm i wasnt in this round so i literally have 0 information to base this opinion on and please feel free to correct my ignorance but i don't understand how a gimmick where you all agree to tide as a mob can go any other way than absolutely terribly

if i saw this sort of stuff happen organically (people using genetics or something to create clones and forming a mob from that) then i would be completely open to cultivating it from an admin position and giving people antag and shit to help the story grow, that sort of stuff is excellent and i try to hunt it down when im spectating

also maia you gotta chill girl this is getting kinda fucked up. i've been real busy with uni stuff so i haven't been around to understand this situation very well but i know tbm is a chill dude if you calmed down and hashed this out with each other i think you would both gain a lot of insight and understanding of each other rather than calling him a sex offender in the peanut thread. it sucks to get banned, it sucks to feel like you're not being understood, but if you lash out like that then i hate to say it but you're just gonna end up throwing away any chance that someone will want to go through the effort of trying to understand your position and see it from your point of view and people in a decisionmaking role will just want to handle the situation by the book so they can wash their hands of it

i know you are a good player and it makes me sad to see a bunch of these threads where you're getting into trouble and while there's certainly a possibility that the evil admin cabal are just out to get you i can't really see that being the whole truth and i think if you really looked at your behaviour in the situation and tried to discern what was fine but also what was not fine and where you could have done things a little better then these sorts of things would turn out a lot more positive
sorry for saying nonce, didnt know it meant that.
EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #704644

and yeah, was telling that to another SS13 friend earlier but it really didnt feel like i was being heard in the Ahelps or the appeal.
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TheBibleMelts

Post by TheBibleMelts » #704645

things i have been called by people i've banned in the last weeks:

sex offender
war criminal

there's only two things but it's weird they've both happened
EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #704646

i assume all admins are war criminals
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #704647

nobody tell this guy what cunt means
conrad

Post by conrad » #704648

Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:32 pm
Nonce doesn't have more than one meaning. The word nonce is prison slance for what fikou said. I thought it meant idiot when I lived in the UK and was very quickly corrected.

Maia I seriously suggest you calm down and put your thoughts in a way that's arguable 'cos you don't sound convincing, you sound like you're malding.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #704649

conrad wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:40 pm
Nonce doesn't have more than one meaning. The word nonce is prison slance for what fikou said. I thought it meant idiot when I lived in the UK and was very quickly corrected.

Maia I seriously suggest you calm down and put your thoughts in a way that's arguable 'cos you don't sound convincing, you sound like you're malding.
i dont know how to do that man, im just gonna go away from TG for a month or smth
EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #704650

(plus i havent been in a good mental state as of late so thats also probably part of this so kinda my fault)
conrad

Post by conrad » #704651

EmpressMaia wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:47 pm
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:40 pm

i dont know how to do that man, im just gonna go away from TG for a month or smth
I'm an advocate to the "the peanut's content doesn't fucking matter" crowd (like, it's supposed to be fun or funny, not to be productive), but I do a side of "don't post on your own peanut" as well.

When I banned the guy that spent an hour trolling me on an ahelp over naming policy and people were conjecturing I banned him for calling me a trialmin, I was advised to not go on the peanut. I did anyway, and got megasad 'cos it really did look like I banned the guy for calling me a triamin. I knew I had the backing of the admin team on this 'cos they knew that wasn't the case, and when the guy asked for a headmin review it was declined. That was my first experience of handling shit treatment as an admin.

Honestly, I'm 110% sure not posting on the peanut helped. I think I did post, but it was probably just clarifying stuff, the fact I don't remember if I did nor the contents of what I said is proof that it shouldn't affect you.

Considering you don't have "an admin team", I suggest malding to a friend. Or maybe on the discord. Or on another thread. Just not on the one place (the peanut thread) your ban is being meticulously broken down and people are bound to take sides and write up shit that makes you angrier. I know there's a sense of "how am I gonna defend myself", but I haven't seen (maybe it happened before I joined) people using the peanut's content to lessen a ban, and I do soapbox quite a bit about peanuts not mattering to other admins (I'm annoying like that).

At the end of the day it's just a game. You requisitioned the headmin review. This means Fikou and Chesh are gonna analyze it. You're not permabanned. The best way to tread now is to-the-point, and then move on, in my opinion.

Does this make sense? You don't have to agree with me, I'm just concerned.

E: many edits 'cos I didn't proof-read my own shit.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #704654

love you conrad, also love you dendy. im gonna log out of the forums forr like a week so i cant access players club
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #704655

take care of yourself maia, you deserve it. i hope you feel better soon
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #704657

glad maia is self-exluding from players club because theyre completely incapable of posting in their own peanut threads, a sure route to hastened madness
conrad

Post by conrad » #704659

EmpressMaia wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 11:14 pm love you conrad, also love you dendy. im gonna log out of the forums forr like a week so i cant access players club
Follow whatever course of action you feel is healthy. Godspeed o7
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #704661

At least in the part of the US I’m in nonse just means very dumb
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #704662

ah, a fantastic end to a peanut thread, what a great sight to see