Local Player Forgets: No Russian

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Local Player Forgets: No Russian

Post by Vekter » #704931

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=34958

Remember how pissed people were about that mission when MW2 first came out? I didn't agree but I at least understood why people were mad. Now people just get angry about fucking pronouns or something.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Re: Local Player Forgets: No Russian

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #704943

I think OperaGX's twitter account summed up the Starfield thing best. "Everyone has pronouns dipshit they came free with your fucking speaking a language."

No Russian was wild, though. Trailers for MW3-2 (god i hate trying to refer to these now) at least hint at another No Russian, but they could just be using the line as a callback, we'll have to wait and see. I kinda doubt they will, though, I don't think it'd go down very well these days.

On the topic of the ban itself: I'll be honest I skimmed it because after briefly poking my head into a RU/EN shared server and realizing what a horrible mistake that was, my eyes kinda glaze over when I see those letters now. But as long as he understands to stick to English on our servers, I don't see any problem?

Someone do the hard part of forming an opinion for me, please.
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #704945

pronoun arguers are idiots.

Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #704946

code issue we must simply add russian to the bilingual quirk
scamoppi
Byond Username: Noahyoshi

Post by scamoppi » #704963

the terry assistant looking you directly in the eyes and uttering a single word in cyrillic only to speak english again for the rest of the round
𓆏 [...]... ([...] [...] [...] [...] [...]?)
Sealed101
Byond Username: Sealed101

Post by Sealed101 » #705140

kawoppi wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 5:18 pm the terry assistant looking you directly in the eyes and uttering a single word in cyrillic only to speak english again for the rest of the round
don't spoil my powermove

the funnier part about those ooc logs is that one of them blatantly admits that they did not read the rules and are wondering whether the n-word is safe to use

no russian loses a lot of its impact when you play the game in russian
i prefer the term "issue tracker domovenok" for my kind