Ghostly out of body experience has an unexpected result for local lizard

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
technokek
Byond Username: Technokek

Ghostly out of body experience has an unexpected result for local lizard

Post by technokek » #705125

Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Re: Ghostly out of body experience has an unexpected result for local lizard

Post by Jacquerel » #705129

why I should be unbanned:
if you ban or even note me for breaking the rules then it will hurt my chances of appealing bans I received on other codebases after breaking their rules because when they read about my rulebreaking it will give the impression that I broke the rules (which I did)
Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Post by Turbonerd » #705132

Haha now everyone knows he will lie in ban appeals. He just made himself look even worse.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #705133

People really just need to not put themselves in situations like this. If you see something cool happening, feel free to take a ghost role, but there's zero situations where you can say "oh look something cool is happening", then take the role and immediately run to where it's happening where we won't see that and go "Oh, you're metagaming".
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #705136

I thought yobro was perma banned
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #705138

lamest shit i've ever seen. sets up cool encounter for players to stumble upon then this loser metagames it just to try and get the gamer gear. be better than this, it's not hard.
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
AnonymousForumUser
Byond Username: Noahyoshi

Post by AnonymousForumUser » #705141

why do some people call it manual instead of manuel?
(forum profile distorted to protect privacy)
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer

Post by Jacquerel » #705149

Also ashwalkers are antags so its perfectly fine to powergame as them.
Where did this guy get the idea that antagonists didnt have to follow the server rules dictating knowledge obtained while dead?
Sightld2
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Sightld2

Post by Sightld2 » #705151

I mean even outside of that point, like...why would he say this?

Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #705154

kawoppi wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 5:18 pm why do some people call it manual instead of manuel?
you have to manually click on the x in the upper right to exit manuel
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #705155

hell i dont mind really taking the punishment considering how insignificant it is but the note? thats what fucks me.
That note FUCKS
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TheBibleMelts

Post by TheBibleMelts » #705156

why have you fuck this man
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer

Post by Jacquerel » #705160

always keep digging
Turbonerd

Post by Turbonerd » #705162

EmpressMaia wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 4:28 pm I thought yobro was perma banned
Yobi is the definition of loser and is probably the guy you're thinking about. This is a different loser.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #705164

EmpressMaia wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 4:28 pm I thought yobro was perma banned
You're thinking of Yobihodazine, whom is better forgotten entirely.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #705172

why would admins set up something for ash walkers and then be upset that the ash walkers took the bait
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer

Post by Jacquerel » #705176

Jacquerel wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 6:19 pm always keep digging
we'll dig our way out any minute now
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #705177

we can talk about meta gaming all day long but realistically what is the expectation here? realistically, if the ash walkers didn't find the ruin, would admins not have pressured them into finding it? like the end goal is for them to find the ruin.

it tangentially reminds me of the supermatter spider incident, because again, realistically, what is the goal here with the event?

also the lavaland box is literally like two screens wide, the ash walkers would have ended up finding it pretty quickly. again wtf is the goal here if not for them to find it
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #705178

on second thought i've just realized that there were probably other ash lizards who were already playing for a good while, and the admins were intending to interact with those folks. it's kind of a dick move to spawn in and steal the show like that because High Damage Sword or whatever. i understand now.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #705189

He doesn't even really have THAT many notes, like I understand the concern and anxiety over it, but anyone who'd ask me if he should be QC or rule 0 banned would get a big ol' "not really" from me.
iwishforducks wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 8:39 pm we can talk about meta gaming all day long but realistically what is the expectation here? realistically, if the ash walkers didn't find the ruin, would admins not have pressured them into finding it? like the end goal is for them to find the ruin.
If nobody found it, the admin would have probably given them a hint as to where it was or breadcrumbed them towards it in some way, at which point it wouldn't have been metagaming. I think your insistence that this is some kind of trap kinda says more about your attitude about admins than it does anything that happened here.
Spoiler:

BlueMemesauce
Byond Username: BlueMemesauce

Post by BlueMemesauce » #705192

has this guy never played minecraft with xray texture pack
if you just mine straight to the diamonds its obvious
you have to pretend youre just mining normally and happen to stumble across diamonds by luck
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer

Post by Jacquerel » #705193

- I didn't do the cheating that I clearly said I was about to do in dead chat
- But if I did it would have been fine
- And it's allowed for me to do it
- And you shouldn't note me for it because it's fine to cheat anyway
- Which I didn't do btw
- And if I did you should be grateful that I did
Indie-ana Jones
Byond Username: Indie-ana Jones

Post by Indie-ana Jones » #705197

99 percent of miners stop right before reaching the claymores.
Attachments
99percentofminersstopbeforereachingtheclaymores.png
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #705198

Vekter wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 9:31 pm He doesn't even really have THAT many notes, like I understand the concern and anxiety over it, but anyone who'd ask me if he should be QC or rule 0 banned would get a big ol' "not really" from me.
iwishforducks wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 8:39 pm we can talk about meta gaming all day long but realistically what is the expectation here? realistically, if the ash walkers didn't find the ruin, would admins not have pressured them into finding it? like the end goal is for them to find the ruin.
If nobody found it, the admin would have probably given them a hint as to where it was or breadcrumbed them towards it in some way, at which point it wouldn't have been metagaming. I think your insistence that this is some kind of trap kinda says more about your attitude about admins than it does anything that happened here.
i didn't say it was a trap. i was just saying that it's weird to set up an event and then not expect people to go for it.

but i didn't realize that there were already other ash lizards, which was what the event was intended for, and not some bozo spawning in and swooping the fun from under their noses.
Turbonerd

Post by Turbonerd » #705204

BlueMemesauce wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 9:50 pm has this guy never played minecraft with xray texture pack
if you just mine straight to the diamonds its obvious
you have to pretend youre just mining normally and happen to stumble across diamonds by luck
The more you post, the more suspicious you look.
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin

Post by dendydoom » #705207

once upon a time i used to DM d&d for a friend group and they once lamented that they'd never gotten to complete the "classic" modules that everyone talks about. tomb of horrors, white plume mountain, temple of elemental evil, curse of strahd, etc.

so i started running it all for them. i wanted them to experience it fresh and let them enjoy something that could only be enjoyed once before you know the secret and the magic fades away. one of the members of that group started secretly obtaining and reading the pdfs for the modules so they could be the one to "accidentally" stumble on the treasure and "accidentally" solve all the puzzles so they could have the glory and gear. it was such a petty and shitty thing to do, not just to me as someone who was sacrificing her time and effort to plan all this shit but was also usurping the genuine exploration and discovery from the rest of the group who were excited to get to play. it was such an asshole move that i still remember it over a decade later and it still annoys me to think about.

obviously this is not a 1:1 translation of what's happening here but it's the same sense of entitlement that deprived another group of a cool little adventure that someone had gone through the effort to make for them. i really really hate this sort of attitude when it comes to these kinds of games. please don't be so fucking selfish when you're playing a multiplayer game that requires a social contract of trust in each other to not cheat for it to work at all. and definitely don't go all woe-is-me after you get caught about it. have a little bit of decency for goodness' sake.

sorry if i'm popping off hard on this because it feels like i am but genuinely this is the one thing you could do to piss me off more than anything else. i even think archie was being lenient here with just a ghostrole ban.
NSFW:
BlueMemesauce
Byond Username: BlueMemesauce

Post by BlueMemesauce » #705215

I can see where he's coming from though. Notes really stress me out, and even though I only have like one, I still stress out about it all the time.
Sightld2
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Sightld2

Post by Sightld2 » #705217

Chat why does he want his note to have LESS context? His proposed re-write looks way worse on him then it does now.

SkyMonster
Byond Username: Sky Monster

Post by SkyMonster » #705230

iwishforducks wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 8:41 pm It's kind of a dick move to spawn in and steal the show like that because High Damage Sword or whatever. i understand now.
dendydoom wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 12:31 am it's the same sense of entitlement that deprived another group of a cool little adventure that someone had gone through the effort to make for them. i really really hate this sort of attitude when it comes to these kinds of games. please don't be so fucking selfish when you're playing a multiplayer game that requires a social contract of trust in each other to not cheat for it to work at all. and definitely don't go all woe-is-me after you get caught about it. have a little bit of decency for goodness' sake.
Main Character Syndrome is one of the worst parts of this game.
Scriptis
Byond Username: Scriptis

Post by Scriptis » #705231

a rule that we all have to learn at some point and then immediately forget how hard it was to learn it in the first place:

how and when to give up tactically retreat
Spoiler:

Bepis
Byond Username: AurumDude

Post by Bepis » #705236

Yobrocharlie wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 5:53 am Yea you are right.
It just sucks cause now cowbotty boy will have a reason to deny my next appeal because he goes out of his way to find recent info about me.
"this sucks because I know I won't get (n+1) chances in the future"

if you know someone is on your ass, make sure you're not being a shit

also kudos to them for realizing they'll probably do something to get banned again. I'd look up their history but shit doesn't seem to be working for me
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer

Post by Jacquerel » #705237

Bepis wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 12:00 pm
It just sucks cause now cowbotty boy will have a reason to deny my next appeal because he goes out of his way to find recent info about me.

also kudos to them for realizing they'll probably do something to get banned again. I'd look up their history but shit doesn't seem to be working for me
Weirdly based on their earlier posts I think they are talking about bans they are appealing on non-tg servers
bluedino1025
Byond Username: Bluedino1025

Post by bluedino1025 » #705239

god, i remember back before his space ban he used to go grab the secret documents from a ruin and try to force centcom to give him even more gamer gear in exchange for them. and this was every round nothing funnier than seeing him harass the captain to let him use the communication console to message centcom for fifteen minutes just to get smited or have interns rob him.
ImageImageImage
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #705249

dendydoom wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 12:31 am so i started running it all for them. i wanted them to experience it fresh and let them enjoy something that could only be enjoyed once before you know the secret and the magic fades away. one of the members of that group started secretly obtaining and reading the pdfs for the modules so they could be the one to "accidentally" stumble on the treasure and "accidentally" solve all the puzzles so they could have the glory and gear. it was such a petty and shitty thing to do, not just to me as someone who was sacrificing her time and effort to plan all this shit but was also usurping the genuine exploration and discovery from the rest of the group who were excited to get to play. it was such an asshole move that i still remember it over a decade later and it still annoys me to think about.
We were playing Hoard of the Bitch Queen and this fucker was playing a rogue with a portable hole going to all the rooms with treasure and tucking it in said portable hole.

We ended up rather verbally kicking him and a friend of his (who was a colossal asshat) out and divvying up the treasure he's collected.

THERE WAS SO MUCH SHIT
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
TypicalRig
Byond Username: TypicalRig

Post by TypicalRig » #705253

dendydoom wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 12:31 am once upon a time i used to DM d&d for a friend group and they once lamented that they'd never gotten to complete the "classic" modules that everyone talks about. tomb of horrors, white plume mountain, temple of elemental evil, curse of strahd, etc.

so i started running it all for them. i wanted them to experience it fresh and let them enjoy something that could only be enjoyed once before you know the secret and the magic fades away. one of the members of that group started secretly obtaining and reading the pdfs for the modules so they could be the one to "accidentally" stumble on the treasure and "accidentally" solve all the puzzles so they could have the glory and gear. it was such a petty and shitty thing to do, not just to me as someone who was sacrificing her time and effort to plan all this shit but was also usurping the genuine exploration and discovery from the rest of the group who were excited to get to play. it was such an asshole move that i still remember it over a decade later and it still annoys me to think about.

obviously this is not a 1:1 translation of what's happening here but it's the same sense of entitlement that deprived another group of a cool little adventure that someone had gone through the effort to make for them. i really really hate this sort of attitude when it comes to these kinds of games. please don't be so fucking selfish when you're playing a multiplayer game that requires a social contract of trust in each other to not cheat for it to work at all. and definitely don't go all woe-is-me after you get caught about it. have a little bit of decency for goodness' sake.

sorry if i'm popping off hard on this because it feels like i am but genuinely this is the one thing you could do to piss me off more than anything else. i even think archie was being lenient here with just a ghostrole ban.
dendy exudes such powerful "writes a long winded backstory for cooking recipe videos" vibes.
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin

Post by dendydoom » #705256

conrad wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 3:21 pm We were playing Hoard of the Bitch Queen and this fucker was playing a rogue with a portable hole going to all the rooms with treasure and tucking it in said portable hole.

We ended up rather verbally kicking him and a friend of his (who was a colossal asshat) out and divvying up the treasure he's collected.

THERE WAS SO MUCH SHIT
it's not true d&d unless someone has to be physically restrained from trying to strangle the rogue
TypicalRig wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 4:31 pm dendy exudes such powerful "writes a long winded backstory for cooking recipe videos" vibes.
i'm not sure how to take this so um thanks maybe? i'm not good at cooking though
NSFW:
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #705291

dendydoom wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 12:31 am once upon a time i used to DM d&d for a friend group and they once lamented that they'd never gotten to complete the "classic" modules that everyone talks about. tomb of horrors, white plume mountain, temple of elemental evil, curse of strahd, etc.

zergking
Byond Username: Zergking

Post by zergking » #705468

This is the same goy who will rush Holodeck Claymores the second shit starts to go down and then throws a fit when the holodecks disabled. Give him no mercy
Zeckle
Byond Username: Zeckle

Post by Zeckle » #705479

you're still calling everyone you don't like goy?
Bepis
Byond Username: AurumDude

Post by Bepis » #705489

Jacquerel wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 12:22 pm
Bepis wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 12:00 pm

Weirdly based on their earlier posts I think they are talking about bans they are appealing on non-tg servers
I got that, I was thinking regardless of server they know they'll probably fuck it up
Annihilite111
Byond Username: Annihilite

Post by Annihilite111 » #705495

Indie-ana Jones wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:26 pm 99 percent of miners stop right before reaching the claymores.
Is that fucking Hatsune-Migo?