Admin expectations keep getting more and more strenuous...

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Admin expectations keep getting more and more strenuous...

Post by Vekter » #705462

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=35003
Lawlolawl wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 4:23 am You've only been an admin for less than a year so I'd like a headmin to weigh in on this, no offence.
My man has been a full admin for over 2 months and he's still getting hit with "can I get a real admin". I've been doing this shit for like 4 years and playing for over 10, so lemme help you out, Lawl: It's a perfectly sound ban. You can't re-escalate against someone who you've already lost a fight to. That's not how escalation policy works.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Imitates-The-Lizards
Byond Username: Typhnox

Re: Admin expectations keep getting more and more strenuous...

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #705484

What the fuck am I reading

First off, this guy has 200% Karen energy.

Second off, I don't know why he can't understand that he isn't allowed to act on OOC presumptions about other players metacomming in an IC matter. "I want you to state the server's policy about escalating against metacommers". What the fuck? There is no policy for escalating against metacommunicators because metacommunications are against the rules in the first place. You're supposed to just suck up whatever happens in the particular shift and report your suspicions to the admin team.

In addition, he seems to not understand that when conrad says that something is "being looked into" that means it's currently under active investigation, so his little 3-way "it must be a, b, or c" doesnt really work here.
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #705485

Imitates-The-Lizards wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 8:07 am In addition, he seems to not understand that when conrad says that something is "being looked into" that means it's currently under active investigation, so his little 3-way "it must be a, b, or c" doesnt really work here.
TBM: "If you see someone breaking the rules like that, you need to ahelp it instead."

This Guy: "or c) 2 wrongs don't make a right and while metagaming is unacceptable overescalation should not occur either and both parties are in the wrong. Which one will it be?"
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TheBibleMelts

Post by TheBibleMelts » #705488

a. you are a poopyhead
b. i am right??
c. you are wrong

WHICH IS IT?
Bepis
Byond Username: AurumDude

Post by Bepis » #705504

Lawlolawl wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:08 am snip
what a whiny pissbaby, they need to cool off. "I'm not wrong, YOU'RE wrong, now watch me as I fill my pants with SHIT. Thanks for the help."
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #705506

I am not reading that because it looks like walls of text. I like the highlights because in theory they are probably the important points but I suspect they are almost random.
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #705508

this is the worst type of player
respect (let him do his thing)
AsbestosSniffer
Byond Username: The Asbestos Sniffer

Post by AsbestosSniffer » #705512

Why does this pillock keep randomly highlighting text? It sucks to read.
Observer main. Otherwise I play Lucy Trelawney on Manuel.
Sightld2
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Sightld2

Post by Sightld2 » #705515

AsbestosSniffer wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 1:30 pm Why does this pillock keep randomly highlighting text? It sucks to read.
NGL I don't hate that conceptually, though he does do it poorly in places.

Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Post by Turbonerd » #705516

Is this a ban appeal or a ban request? This is not how you appeal a ban. Must be frustrating trying to communicate with him while he's not engaging logically. What does this guy not understand about not taking administrative issues ICly?

Both parties look like shitters to be honest. The engineer just laughing at the people he's trapping, he knows what he's doing. He then masks it off as him just repairing and engineering in the appeal, wbat a shitter!

The bitch also just acting like an ape in general. Just breaking shit instead of just asking to open. Also the convenient ignorance of stolen ID during the ahelp is a little cringe, trying to paint themselves as an angel.

Fuck you all.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #705517

why he pissed all over his ban appeal?
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #705518

Sightld2 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 1:47 pm
AsbestosSniffer wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 1:30 pm Why does this pillock keep randomly highlighting text? It sucks to read.
NGL I don't hate that conceptually, though he does do it poorly in places.
Nabski wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:57 am I am not reading that because it looks like walls of text. I like the highlights because in theory they are probably the important points but I suspect they are almost random.

Highlighting this way, or rather more specifically bolding text like this is a policy writing strategy that allows someone to skim a document and get all important information that they need to come to the same conclusion without needing the filler.

It's like a cover page that says 'x is bad here are the issues and here is the recommendation, in bullet points' for when you lack the ability to have said cover page.

You still have to make sure you are grabbing all the important details though. You don't just tag a name and then not also why you are tagging it and what's important about it.

I have no idea what this dude is doing, and I'd be returning this back to them for serious corrections and a heavy encouragement to retrain with a colleague. But I appreciate the attempt.

An example would be:

Joe Sus killed me in maints with a 44 revolver with absolutely no interaction between us this round. I checked the round end report and it said he was NOT an antag. I was upset and got mad so I ahelped and the admin named badmin said lol and then rejected my ahelp. So now I'm making this forum complaint because I want a real admin to deal with this.

- signed: a career bureaucrat
Hugs
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #705522

I hope this guy is ready to get banned some more when he puts his bitter intentional misinterpretations of rules into practice.
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #705523

i feel for this dude because metagaming and metacomming are dogshit and ruin the game but ultimately it's not in a player's best interests to take the law into their own hands and try to police it. they need to focus on their own appeal instead of twisting it into a ban request for someone else because it's going to end in disaster. talk about cutting off your nose to spite your own face.
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #705524

Bro I'm getting trialmoded after becoming a fullmin 😔
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Striders13
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Striders13

Post by Striders13 » #705525

conrad wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 3:03 pm Bro I'm getting trialmoded after becoming a fullmin 😔
shut up trialmin
► Show Spoiler
TypicalRig
Byond Username: TypicalRig

Post by TypicalRig » #705535

Vekter wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 4:55 am viewtopic.php?f=7&t=35003
Lawlolawl wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 4:23 am You've only been an admin for less than a year so I'd like a headmin to weigh in on this, no offence.
My man has been a full admin for over 2 months and he's still getting hit with "can I get a real admin". I've been doing this shit for like 4 years and playing for over 10, so lemme help you out, Lawl: It's a perfectly sound ban. You can't re-escalate against someone who you've already lost a fight to. That's not how escalation policy works.
You've only been an admin for less than five years so I'd like a real admin to weigh in on this, no offence. :honkman:
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #705537

TypicalRig wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 4:11 pm You've only been an admin for less than five years so I'd like a real admin to weigh in on this, no offence. :honkman:
I would actually advocate for increasing punishments/ban durations for this kind of thing. I think it's hilariously rude to assume that someone somehow doesn't understand the rules regardless of how long they've been an admin despite the fact that they've already been trained and taught those rules by another admin.

There's literally no reason to ever do it other than that you think it'll get you out of being in trouble.

It's the digital equivalent of "I want to speak to your manager" and we don't get paid enough to deal with that shit.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
conrad

Post by conrad » #705540

Vekter wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 4:14 pm
TypicalRig wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 4:11 pm You've only been an admin for less than five years so I'd like a real admin to weigh in on this, no offence. :honkman:
I would actually advocate for increasing punishments/ban durations for this kind of thing. I think it's hilariously rude to assume that someone somehow doesn't understand the rules regardless of how long they've been an admin despite the fact that they've already been trained and taught those rules by another admin.

There's literally no reason to ever do it other than that you think it'll get you out of being in trouble.

It's the digital equivalent of "I want to speak to your manager" and we don't get paid enough to deal with that shit.
Personally, on my part, I don't really care. We already got rules against admin shopping. If a player during an ahelp asks for another admin, they're just not getting one lol

During an appeal, its within their right to ask for a headmin, which is what I took when they did.

I can see how someone who is not only passionate but also emotionally invested in the game might feel angee at being on the receiving end of "I don't want you as an admin" but unless it's a very specific situation where a headmin is called on an appeal, I don't recall there being a right or entitlement for a player to get served by someone else.

tldr on adminhelps you can already dunk them for adminshopping and on ahelps they can get headmins.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #705541

any trial mods here? we need a trial mod to deal with the situation.
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #705542

can someone get exadv1 on the phone? this guy needs to talk to someone with some actual authority
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #705544

we gotta take this one all the way up the chain to Lummox
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #705561

wew, no one tell the appealer about conrads number of connections..........
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #705563

conrad wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 4:56 pm
Vekter wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 4:14 pm

Personally, on my part, I don't really care. We already got rules against admin shopping. If a player during an ahelp asks for another admin, they're just not getting one lol

During an appeal, its within their right to ask for a headmin, which is what I took when they did.

I can see how someone who is not only passionate but also emotionally invested in the game might feel angee at being on the receiving end of "I don't want you as an admin" but unless it's a very specific situation where a headmin is called on an appeal, I don't recall there being a right or entitlement for a player to get served by someone else.

tldr on adminhelps you can already dunk them for adminshopping and on ahelps they can get headmins.
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #705566

The practice of putting everything in headmin appeal is silly but I'm glad they're shutting down stupid headmin requests pretty fast instead of dragging them out.
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #705699

i already miss Timber's Final Thoughts™ :(
zergking
Byond Username: Zergking

Post by zergking » #705802

Vekter wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 4:55 am viewtopic.php?f=7&t=35003
Honestly your opinion is disregarded. Can I get a real admin to talk now please? Kidding vekter, love ya
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #705823

can i get an admin candidate to handle my ticket please
Fikou
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Fikou
Github Username: Fikou

Post by Fikou » #705826

CHAD player appeals one day ban and tries to evade in the meantime (this can only end well)
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #705828

lol
conrad

Post by conrad » #705829

Fikou wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 1:20 am Image
CHAD player appeals one day ban and tries to evade in the meantime (this can only end well)
I really hope he appeals so I can APPLY UNO REVERSE CARD AND JUST SUGGEST HE FINDS A REAL ADMIN TO DEAL WITH HIS SITUATION.

I'm fine.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #705831

conrad wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 1:41 am
I really hope he appeals so I can APPLY UNO REVERSE CARD AND JUST SUGGEST HE FINDS A REAL ADMIN TO DEAL WITH HIS SITUATION.

I'm fine.
can i get a real peanut poster here
conrad

Post by conrad » #705832

iwishforducks wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 1:48 am
conrad wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 1:41 am

I'm fine.
can i get a real peanut poster here
Did I just get trialpeanutted?
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #705835

Yes.
AsbestosSniffer
Byond Username: The Asbestos Sniffer

Post by AsbestosSniffer » #705840

If you seriously try to evade a one-day ban, it's probably best you take a break from the game anyways and seek some support, something like Spessmen Synchronous or something I dunno
Observer main. Otherwise I play Lucy Trelawney on Manuel.
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #705866

lol, how to upgrade your 1 day ban to a perma with this one simple trick! Admins hate it!
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #705905

who on earth evades a 24 hour ban
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #705973

Not-Dorsidarf wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 8:04 pm who on earth evades a 24 hour ban
addicts
respect (let him do his thing)
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #706098

iwishforducks wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 12:45 am can i get an admin candidate to handle my ticket please
Can I get a permabanned guy to handle my ticket please?
spookuni
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Spookuni

Post by spookuni » #706194

CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 4:28 am Can I get a permabanned guy to handle my ticket please?
Yeah sure let me just apply a permaban to myself and then get back to you
MooCow12
Byond Username: MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #706214

Vekter wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 4:55 am You can't re-escalate against someone who you've already lost a fight to. That's not how escalation policy works.
I have no context for this situation but I really dont like this wording, there are situations where escalation can be passively kept at a level, like someone stole something from you and you die/get crit fighting them and they dont stop you from getting revived, you can still recontinue from the point that they still have something of yours (provided that thing is worth kill escalation to begin with)
List of my favorite TG Staff.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
cSeal wrote: TLDR suck my nuts you bald bitch
conrad

Post by conrad » #706232

MooCow12 wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 10:38 pm
Vekter wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 4:55 am You can't re-escalate against someone who you've already lost a fight to. That's not how escalation policy works.
I have no context for this situation but I really dont like this wording, there are situations where escalation can be passively kept at a level, like someone stole something from you and you die/get crit fighting them and they dont stop you from getting revived, you can still recontinue from the point that they still have something of yours (provided that thing is worth kill escalation to begin with)
Then start a new conflict and justify that with the fact someone stole from you. That should be either steal their stuff back, or take your things back from them. If you keep doing a back and forth of stealing shit from each other all round I'll be more than happy to hit the IC issue button and let you two play 2d space jousting.

Someone stealing something from you isn't "worth kill escalation". Chucking a bomb at someone who stole your ID is completely outta line. If you can't get your things back without killing them, git gud or take the L.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
MooCow12
Byond Username: MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #706243

Id and heirloom theft literally is validable sanctioned by a specific rule/ruling that i forgot but it ended in "if you think this rule is too harsh, try not stealing their items next time" or something like that.

generally if some does something that sets me back more than 5 minutes I kill them.

Like that time some shitty CE decided the maint base i already built stuff in was his and tried to force me to leave, then when i robusted him and kicked him out he cut the wire to my maint base and broke my door so i killed him for his insuls to fix the wire and door made no attempt to revive him.
List of my favorite TG Staff.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
cSeal wrote: TLDR suck my nuts you bald bitch
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #706306

More than 5 minutes is usually my frame of reference for: is this guy griefing or not.
Hugs
carshalash
Byond Username: Carshalash

Post by carshalash » #706381

That guy's ckey was troll88?