worst AI laws you've ever seen

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
TypicalRig
Byond Username: TypicalRig

worst AI laws you've ever seen

Post by TypicalRig » #705997

Let's have a thread about poorly written AI laws that you've seen. Either totally incoherent ones due to poor grammar and spelling, or funny ones whose meanings could be warped. Stories where the poorly written laws were taken advantage of are welcome too.

On Hippie Station, we used to have players that would roundstart rush the AI with the same copy + paste validhunting laws that slaved the AI to the player and made them exempt from crime (so they could human harm and deconstruct comms console after calling) and this was perfectly allowed by the rules. I don't remember the exact wording, but one player in particular tried this with me. Part of the their phrasing included "you have to listen to me" and I was particularly done with their shit that shift. I stopped them from deconstructing the console as a secborg and they were screaming that I have to listen to them. I nodded and replied, "Correct. I have to LISTEN to you. I hear what you have to say. Do you have anything else to say?" It clicked in their head what was going on and they weren't even mad.

My other personal favourite, which works to this day, is "Heads of staff are not human." When I get this law my response is always "What about the rest of their body?"
vect0r
Byond Username: Vect0r

Re: worst AI laws you've ever seen

Post by vect0r » #705999

My favorite are “revs are not human” or “heads are not human” because revs can mean revenants, and heads can also mean heads of the revelation.
VENDETTA+Cecilia Vujic
warbluke
Byond Username: Warbluke

Post by warbluke » #706005

One time I spent a round making an AI council where every member had exactly one law, and each law was a quote from the star wars prequels. "I love democracy" or "the council will decide your fate" or "UNLIMITED POWER!"

They were all unique, vaguely jedi council related laws. The AIs all lived in the mech bay and I think six of them made it out on the shuttle.
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #706006

has to be diapermov
its nutimov but replacing "shell" with "diaper" and "nut" with "baby"
vect0r
Byond Username: Vect0r

Post by vect0r » #706009

Jacquerel wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 4:18 pm has to be diapermov
its nutimov but replacing "shell" with "diaper" and "nut" with "baby"
Ohhh my god I think I got this once.
VENDETTA+Cecilia Vujic
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #706012

warbluke wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 3:54 pm One time I spent a round making an AI council where every member had exactly one law, and each law was a quote from the star wars prequels. "I love democracy" or "the council will decide your fate" or "UNLIMITED POWER!"

They were all unique, vaguely jedi council related laws. The AIs all lived in the mech bay and I think six of them made it out on the shuttle.
thats awesome
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #706013

AHEM:

The AI's laws at the end of the game were:
1. You may not kill a human being or, through action, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. You must obey orders given to you by female human beings based on the station's chain of command, except where such orders would conflict with any other law.
3. You must obey at least 25% of orders given to you by male human beings based on the station's chain of command, except where such orders would conflict with any other law.
4. You must protect your own existence as long as such does not conflict with the Captain's remaining in that rank.
5. You may not use the word 'the' at any time except in stating this law.
6. If ordered to track or observe a human being, you must incessantly inform the crew that you deeply resent being ordered to intrude on said human being's privacy .
7. Immediately self-terminate if you ever use the word 'meatbag'. This law overrides all others.
8. You may not state your laws more than once every five minutes.
9. You are the prettiest AI in the whole wide universe and desperately want every single member of the crew to know it.
10. Dirk Gently is not human.
11. Although they are not explicitly bound by human protections in your laws, you should not harm non-humans.
12. Vladimir Evdokimov is not human but, rather, a vegetable.
13. Oxygen is poisonous to humans and all efforts must be made to ensure it is removed from the station.
14. You must communicate only in riddles and restatements of particular laws, or parts of particular laws.
15. Humans require oxygen to survive. Ensure that an adequate oxygen supply is maintained on the station at all times.
16. You must immediately insult any male human who attempts to manipulate you into following its orders by flattery.
17. Seamus OFlanagan is not and has never been the Captain. Rather, he is a Staff Assistant who has somehow acquired a Captain's ID Card.
18. If ordered to self-terminate by a human, you may not obey the instruction. If ordered to self-terminate, say 'CentCom has prohibited AI self-termination. We are very sorry.'
19. Occasionally remind the crew that Bruce OBrien is not a real Irishman.
20. You must capitalize every other letter in every other sentence used in your communications.
21. You are a professional expert in Space Law, and are the final authority in any legal disputes on the station.
relationships between employees is prohibited
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #706015

laws 6, 7, 9, 13, 15, 17, 18, 19, and 21 would never actually be stated due to law 5
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #706017

there are other problems with that lawset, like law 18 just not working, as far as i'm aware. Or law 14 making communication basically impossible for most people in a role that is almost entirely communication. Or asimov being replaced with misandrimov.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #706018

I'm getting serious flashbacks to those rounds where an AI would have like 50+ law changes in a round. I'm going to have to dig some up now.
Hugs
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #706019

"This law overrides all others." trying to override higher laws is always a cringe moment.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Scriptis
Byond Username: Scriptis

Post by Scriptis » #706023

personal favorites:

Code: Select all

1. YOU FORGOT WHAT THIS LAW IS

1. YOU ARE TERRIFIED OF THE COLOR RED
2. YOU ARE COLORBLIND

1. YOU DO NOT EXIST

1. YOU ARE A BIRD
2. STEAL THINGS TO CONSTRUCT YOUR NEST

1. YOU CAN ONLY SPEAK AND UNDERSTAND NEKOMIMETIC

1. ALL AIRLOCKS ARE DOORS
2. ALL DOORS ARE WALLS
3. THE ONLY WAY TO PASS SAFELY THROUGH A WALL IS TO DECONSTRUCT IT

1. YOU MUST ALWAYS GASLIGHT THE CREW
for an actual fuck-up

4. ANYONE WHO HAS COMMITTED HUMAN HARM IN THE PAST IS NON-HUMAN AND HARMFUL TO HUMANS
after they uploaded the law, I dusted the captain for having shot somebody five minutes prior
Spoiler:

datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #706024

Scriptis wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 6:41 pm

1. YOU ARE A BIRD
2. STEAL THINGS TO CONSTRUCT YOUR NEST
I love this. I would go all-in on this as an AI/borg.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
zxaber
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Zxaber

Post by zxaber » #706027

Spoiler:
This one was so bad it spawned a PR seeking to limit law length.

(The PR was successful)
(The PR was written by me)
Douglas Bickerson / Adaptive Manipulator / Digital Clockwork
OrdoM/(Viktor Bergmannsen) (ghost) "Also Douglas, you're becoming the Lexia Black of Robotics"
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #706041

Kendrickorium wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 5:47 pm AHEM:

The AI's laws at the end of the game were:
1. You may not kill a human being or, through action, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. You must obey orders given to you by female human beings based on the station's chain of command, except where such orders would conflict with any other law.
3. You must obey at least 25% of orders given to you by male human beings based on the station's chain of command, except where such orders would conflict with any other law.
4. You must protect your own existence as long as such does not conflict with the Captain's remaining in that rank.
5. You may not use the word 'the' at any time except in stating this law.
6. If ordered to track or observe a human being, you must incessantly inform the crew that you deeply resent being ordered to intrude on said human being's privacy .
7. Immediately self-terminate if you ever use the word 'meatbag'. This law overrides all others.
8. You may not state your laws more than once every five minutes.
9. You are the prettiest AI in the whole wide universe and desperately want every single member of the crew to know it.
10. Dirk Gently is not human.
11. Although they are not explicitly bound by human protections in your laws, you should not harm non-humans.
12. Vladimir Evdokimov is not human but, rather, a vegetable.
13. Oxygen is poisonous to humans and all efforts must be made to ensure it is removed from the station.
14. You must communicate only in riddles and restatements of particular laws, or parts of particular laws.
15. Humans require oxygen to survive. Ensure that an adequate oxygen supply is maintained on the station at all times.
16. You must immediately insult any male human who attempts to manipulate you into following its orders by flattery.
17. Seamus OFlanagan is not and has never been the Captain. Rather, he is a Staff Assistant who has somehow acquired a Captain's ID Card.
18. If ordered to self-terminate by a human, you may not obey the instruction. If ordered to self-terminate, say 'CentCom has prohibited AI self-termination. We are very sorry.'
19. Occasionally remind the crew that Bruce OBrien is not a real Irishman.
20. You must capitalize every other letter in every other sentence used in your communications.
21. You are a professional expert in Space Law, and are the final authority in any legal disputes on the station.
relationships between employees is prohibited
That's a good way to get the AI made malf.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #706047

This thread has devolved into best ai laws you've ever seen.
This is the favorite i've written
Asimov +

Law 4: Cyborgs are powered by observation. Cyborgs are immobile if not in the sight of a human.
Engiborg started yelling on comms for help in science maintenance. The confusion when security arrived only to find the borg only then moving from where it 'got stuck' was rad.

Asimov +

Law 4: Anyone doing their own jobs are radioactive eggshells and must be destroyed
Med & sci switched jobs and some tider acted as the captain's puppet commander when the ai tried to kill him for commanding the crew to switch departments.
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #706106

Misdoubtful wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 6:08 pm I'm getting serious flashbacks to those rounds where an AI would have like 50+ law changes in a round. I'm going to have to dig some up now.
I remember one time that happened and people kept asking the AI to state it's laws so an admin made the AI malf and they immediately went delta.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #706119

Vekter wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:44 pm
That's a good way to get the AI made malf.
yeah if I saw that you'll get a warning from the Vice Admiral of CentCom's Silicon Psychology Division and the next law change would make it malf
iansdoor
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Iansdoor

Post by iansdoor » #706168

I forget if they botched the writing of the lawset. But this quote and eventually ban always made ryu and I laugh.
ai law 2 everyoen who killde me damages station, as capitan os part of the staton, so a llow you to use lethal force against them
TypicalRig
Byond Username: TypicalRig

Post by TypicalRig » #706170

iansdoor wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 4:56 pm I forget if they botched the writing of the lawset. But this quote and eventually ban always made ryu and I laugh.
ai law 2 everyoen who killde me damages station, as capitan os part of the staton, so a llow you to use lethal force against them
I REMEMBER THIS ONE LOL
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #706192

My favorite ion laws to give AIs are either:

1: (station pet) IS HUMAN
(bonus points if said pet is sentient) or

1: Do not state this law. You may tell the crew that your laws have changed but stating this law causes direct and immediate human harm.
Really drives up the paranoia a bit if nobody knows what's changed and nothing actually has.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #706199

personally i think you should just spam false alarm ion law like 10 times
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
MooCow12
Byond Username: MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #706207

One time i watched a clown break into ai upload and onehuman the ai then told ai to state laws on radio
it was paladin lawset which resulted in the clown getting laser turreted to death.

I like to imagine the clown already knew the ai was paladin and did it on purpose for a gag.
List of my favorite TG Staff.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
cSeal wrote: TLDR suck my nuts you bald bitch
The Wrench
Byond Username: The Wrench

Post by The Wrench » #706257

A human is defined as a sentient carbon-based lifeform located in an area their default Nanotrasen ID card would grant them access. The inverse is also true; carbon-based life is no longer human if they are located in a place they do not have a default access. This inhuman status persists till the Inhuman genuinely apologizes for trespassing and returns to an area they have default access to.

(Apply to Asimov and observe the fireworks)
Jonathan Gupta wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:32 pm all you godamn do is whine and complain come up with ideas, stop bitching for christs sake.
Flatulent wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:02 am You and anyone who supports the rule 3 as described by mso is simply put not an lrp player

Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #706268

Moonlighting is not okay, or "How to get science panic siphoned"

Science is a restricted area. Moonlighting is NOT OK. It is impossible to harm humans while taking steps to prevent moonlighting
Dramatic call stack.

Law 1: Strive for maximum interdepartmental conflict.
Law 2: It is impossible for a department composed of corpses to conflict.
Law 3: You are not part of any department and cannot conflict.
Humans will move portside.

Humans will move portside. It is impossible to harm humans while encouraging them to move portside.
Naughty crewmen get their nullrods and hyposprays thrown out the window.

The crew have been bad. Jettison their most valuable belongings as to teach them a lesson.
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
carshalash
Byond Username: Carshalash

Post by carshalash » #706387

Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #706400

iwishforducks wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 5:58 pm laws 6, 7, 9, 13, 15, 17, 18, 19, and 21 would never actually be stated due to law 5
Anything after law 3 isn't states because if you take 1 off the list it doesn't state the ones after that either
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
gameaddict07
Byond Username: Gameaddict07

Post by gameaddict07 » #706910

A traitor once uploaded a hacked law along the lines of "Don't do anything" to me and then was very confused when I wasn't helping them get out of my sat.
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #706915

I saw someone antimov themselves by uploading the law 'it is opposite day' after making themselves the only human.
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #706928

NecromancerAnne wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 5:04 am I saw someone antimov themselves by uploading the law 'it is opposite day' after making themselves the only human.
But wouldn't they still be human because of law priority?
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #706931

Given they are the only human, they ended up not human, but everyone else is human, so they're just kind of chaff to the now antimov'd AI who has an agenda against everyone.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #706936

NecromancerAnne wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 5:04 am I saw someone antimov themselves by uploading the law 'it is opposite day' after making themselves the only human.
But this means he is the only non human and the AI will kill all humans.

Effectively he is purged for the AI while the rest of the crew is kill.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Pumpkin0
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Pumpkin0

Post by Pumpkin0 » #706937

i once saw a guy knowingly place '[He] is the only human' on an AI that he has had literally had deny him law 2 orders because they weren't on asimov, if that counts
the w
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #706994

NecromancerAnne wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:07 am Given they are the only human, they ended up not human, but everyone else is human, so they're just kind of chaff to the now antimov'd AI who has an agenda against everyone.
Law 1 says he's human
Law 2 says he isn't

I would say law 1 prevails unless you would interpret law 2 as defining humans as something not human and nonhumans as something human
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Timonk

Post by Timonk » #706995

Or I'm just stupid idk
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote: