Conversion antag Poll, What do you do?

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)

What do do you when converted?

Go back to whatever you were doing before, without and immediate intentions of causing any trouble.
7%
Return to your job/position with the intention of preparing to make a play for your team (ie; chemist stalking up on poisons) or otherwise waiting for a good moment to strike.
38%
Attempt to assist/scheme with the person/people who just converted you.
29%
Go off on your own to try to complete your teams objective.
14%
Go off and cause unadulterated havoc with your newly found antag status.
13%

Total votes: 72

Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Conversion antag Poll, What do you do?

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #706241

I'm trying to gather some community data to shed some light on recent policy threads, notably this one: viewtopic.php?p=706126#p706126

When you get flashed, or converted, what is your immediate instinct on what to do next.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
MooCow12
Byond Username: MooCow12

Re: Conversion antag Poll, What do you do?

Post by MooCow12 » #706242

It really depends on the job and round tbh but 99% of the time as scientist I WANT to do my own thing but the rest of cult wants to build a base in my maint base and then it becomes cult base not lizard with tesla coil and circuit base.
List of my favorite TG Staff.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
cSeal wrote: TLDR suck my nuts you bald bitch
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #706244

this is the players club so idk wtf im in here but if this poll reveals that all the posters here dont actually even want to play the game I'll feel much more justified
Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #706245

I recognize that the existential threat of a conversion antag steamrolls any other threat and that the story of the round is pretty much decided to be "There were revs/cult then if they lost or won the round ends abruptly or the shuttle is called". When converted or when the conversions snowball, I participate in my side's efforts if i feel my participation will change the outcome of the round. Otherwise I will walk around and throw stuff until the round ends. If I think the round will drag on much longer I will serverhop or pwn n00bs on lichess with my huge fucking brain.
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
warbluke
Byond Username: Warbluke

Post by warbluke » #706248

As soon as I get antag status, any attempt at character, roleplay, or human decency disappears for the next five to ten minutes.
I will immediately beeline the nearest source of tools, then insuls, then an axe, then skillchips, then the hand tele, and then a sec locker. This usually takes seven minutes but if there is resistance it may take ten. If there is no HoS I will try for the X-01 but will otherwise settle for a stunbaton.
Once this done I effectively have AA and a guaranteed escape button, so I'll go grab a hardsuit and start smashing exterior windows. Which windows depends on what sort of antag I've rolled, if it's pure tot then everything except arrivals is fair game.
I'll also pretty frequently remove gravgen and power, and if I'm solo antag I will canister flood near medical, evac, and bar using the toxins plasma cans.
I will not directly kill anyone, and I will teleport away from anyone who tries to stop me.
It never gets old.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #706250

If we're loud, I go the fuck in.

If we're not, I usually either go back to what I was doing or start helping them find other people to convert depending on the situation.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #706258

The violence starts when I'm handed a knife.
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #706261

I voted for "Go back to whatever you were doing before, without and immediate intentions of causing any trouble." because it's usually fast enough for me to make whatever preparations I need when the time comes, whereas if I start doing it beforehand it might show my hand and reveal us before the team is ready.
blackdav123
Byond Username: Blackdav123

Post by blackdav123 » #706267

Depends on my job like if I'm an assistant I'll just grab the heaviest object nearby and go join a mob but if I'm a scientist I'll usually try and cook up something more substantial to work with and if I'm medical I'll probably sit around med fixing revs and jumping any seccies that are injured
Weston Echard on Sybil
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #706270

run off to 1vX security after delamming SM and killing comms.

If running off to 1vX security seems like a bad idea we go for plan B, destroying APCs and killing crewmembers in the following priority order

>Easiest kill
>Research
>Security
>Medical
>Service
>Engineering/Cargo
Constellado
Byond Username: Constellado

Post by Constellado » #706297

with revs: I stick with the person who converted me and follow em around, listen to what they say.

Cult: I instantly go to engi/cargo and take ALL the plasteel out and turn it into cult metal to make BASES!
So many bases yes. Cult must be armed.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
kayozz
Byond Username: Kayozz11

Post by kayozz » #706298

I don't play cult as I hate it but I LOVE revs. So the answer is wreck shit, hunt security or heads, tamper with stuff, steal stuff that could benefit heads/sec or non-converted medbay. Embrace the chaos and use whatever tools I have to further the aims of the glorious revolution. Scream into comms like a mad man. Collect heads. Place heads on spears.

As for cult. I have it turned off because it sucks. I'm not even sure if having cult turned off allows me to be converted? Usually I'll just fight to the death against them. My experiences of cult just tends to be some fucker turning you into a glass shard or something and having to spend 1.5 hours doing nothing whilst being carried around in a bag.
NOBODY CARES ABOUT YOUR GREENTEXT
GPeckman
Byond Username: GPeckman

Post by GPeckman » #706303

It depends what job I'm playing. If I'm a roboticist, I'll immediately try to subvert the AI. If I'm a cargo tech, I'll order weapons and break the crates open. If I'm an assistant, then I'll probably just find a good weapon and go unga bunga on whoever is a target.
Last edited by GPeckman on Fri Sep 29, 2023 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #706305

kayozz wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 11:22 am I don't play cult as I hate it but I LOVE revs. So the answer is wreck shit, hunt security or heads, tamper with stuff, steal stuff that could benefit heads/sec or non-converted medbay. Embrace the chaos and use whatever tools I have to further the aims of the glorious revolution. Scream into comms like a mad man. Collect heads. Place heads on spears.

As for cult. I have it turned off because it sucks. I'm not even sure if having cult turned off allows me to be converted? Usually I'll just fight to the death against them. My experiences of cult just tends to be some fucker turning you into a glass shard or something and having to spend 1.5 hours doing nothing whilst being carried around in a bag.
If they attempt to convert you while you're cult banned your body automatically gets offered up to ghosts

Weirdly I'm exactly the opposite, with revs I don't do very much cause I'm rubbish at tiding. With cult I get powers and will go hard on converting my department
TypicalRig
Byond Username: TypicalRig

Post by TypicalRig » #706314

usually as a rev I'm a botanist and the first thing I do is just collect blood samples of every rev head and tell them to make sure to answer comms/their pda so I know if they don't answer they're dead. then I just keep to growing things. being able to infinitely revive our bosses instantly is more than enough help to the cause.

as cult it doesn't matter what my job is I'm stacking stun hands and going to town on conversions.
kayozz

Post by kayozz » #706317

WineAllWine wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 12:52 pm
kayozz wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 11:22 am I don't play cult as I hate it but I LOVE revs. So the answer is wreck shit, hunt security or heads, tamper with stuff, steal stuff that could benefit heads/sec or non-converted medbay. Embrace the chaos and use whatever tools I have to further the aims of the glorious revolution. Scream into comms like a mad man. Collect heads. Place heads on spears.

If they attempt to convert you while you're cult banned your body automatically gets offered up to ghosts

Weirdly I'm exactly the opposite, with revs I don't do very much cause I'm rubbish at tiding. With cult I get powers and will go hard on converting my department
Different strokes for different folks. No idea why I never got into cult tbh, just doesn't appeal to me. Same with heretic, just hate seeing those heretic rifts everywhere and revealing the round meta.
I might give cult another try, but just have sour experiences of being sharded and carried around for an hour without being able to do anything.
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #706333

I voted option two but it usually varies, I tend to either get converted right off the bat or right as cult/rev are about to win. If it's right off the bat then I'll usually keep my head low while helping the effort by ordering stuff from cargo or "losing" security orders (I main cargo), if cult or rev are about to win I usually just join in with the mob since at that point it's more effective (and fun) to do that vs. sitting in cargo ordering something.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #706334

this is really odd i don't see an option for "grab nearest fuel tank and start to walk around with it"????
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #706336

Really depends on the job and the status of the round.

If you are converted late there really isn't much option usually but to join the carnage.

As engineer I usually build a flamethrower, grab an axe and burn the brig and cargo.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #706345

i think this poll represents a naive view; it entirely depends on what im feeling, not some pre-determined dogma.
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #706374

kayozz wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 4:25 pm
WineAllWine wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 12:52 pm

Different strokes for different folks. No idea why I never got into cult tbh, just doesn't appeal to me. Same with heretic, just hate seeing those heretic rifts everywhere and revealing the round meta.
I might give cult another try, but just have sour experiences of being sharded and carried around for an hour without being able to do anything.
I'm not blaming you and I'm sorry if my purple name made you feel otherwise, we just have different opinions on what is fun!
kayozz

Post by kayozz » #706392

^ Oh I know, don't worry :)