Nonhuman heads of staff, yay or nay?

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Nonhuman heads of staff, yay or nay?

Post by TheLoLSwat » #707212

Bottom post of the previous page:

Title. This term is probably the one where it finally happens but what are your thoughts on this topic? Do YOU support nonhuman heads of staff? Why??
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Re: Nonhuman heads of staff, yay or nay?

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #707364

non-human HOS sounds like the worst idea, its bad enough when the warden and officers are nonhumans so the AI completely ignores them.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #707365

warbluke wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 9:12 pm
Nabski wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 4:35 pm And it was super cool BECAUSE that's not the default.
People commented on it and went "Hey that's weird" but other than that nothing really came of it. Maybe something cool would have happened if not for the aforementioned power sink and resulting delam.

On Bagil at least it feels like we have nonhuman captains more often than human since the pool of head players is already tiny, and acting captains are the norm most shifts anyway.
I wasn't there for that round but someone was talking about it in discord later in the evening.
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #707375

lizard QM
moth CMO
plasmeme CE

i dont know it feels right
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #707378

let CE and CMO be non humans since they arent as important as RD and HOS
MooCow12
Byond Username: MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #707393

I think it should be a station trait or if someone wants to play as a non human head of staff someone with human as their primary that picks that role will have higher priority.

I want to say limit it to cmo/ce/rd but we were already going to limit it to qm, its literally a "give em an inch and theyll end up taking a mile" dilemma and if we are going to draw a line at some point it needs to be solid.
List of my favorite TG Staff.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
cSeal wrote: TLDR suck my nuts you bald bitch
sakke03
Byond Username: Sakke03

Post by sakke03 » #707395

Absolutely yes. I get that all the LRP players want to keep their racism, but come on now, you're not funny.
cSeal
Byond Username: O0cyann0o

Post by cSeal » #707407

dendydoom wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 9:44 pm no. i'm still in utter disbelief that QM became a head.
Its sovl...
they don't respect non-human rights and it adds an interesting element to playing a non-human.
Everyone says this constantly, but other than debatably silicon laws, this shrimply is not true in game
The only speciesm ive been subject has been disgusting rule 8 shit or actual miserable fnr overescalation griff
It could be interesting, I want it to be, but it just hasnt been in my experience, because the playerbase isnt all that interested in making it so

That being said, I hate change so I dont want nonhuman heads
► Show Spoiler
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Post by TheFinalPotato » #707410

EmpressMaia wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 4:35 am Let people play how they wanna play
No. Player freedom is important, but more important is the vibe. Human heads is a part of the vibe.
What is being asked for here (maybe not by you) sucks the lore out of the station in the name of letting people "do the thing". It's akin to "gives my job bigger gun because I want bigger gun"

Vibe is more important.
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?
Diasyl
Byond Username: Diasyl

Post by Diasyl » #707411

Humans are the only species who are default, they have no mechanical pros or cons. BUT!
Them being able to be in command and having Asimov protection from silicon's is their de facto PRO. And I don't think one of those pros should be removed.
Captain can only be in two places - Bridge and the Morgue :capid: :revolver:
Indie-ana Jones
Byond Username: Indie-ana Jones

Post by Indie-ana Jones » #707414

sakke03 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 12:51 am Absolutely yes. I get that all the LRP players want to keep their racism, but come on now, you're not funny.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0WQOGVLLGw
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #707416

More importantly, where's the nanotrasen royal rumble at?
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
zergking
Byond Username: Zergking

Post by zergking » #707424

I want to fucking use the command plasmaman envio suits, please make non humans head eligible or at least spawn those suits in
EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #707448

TheFinalPotato wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:48 am
EmpressMaia wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 4:35 am Let people play how they wanna play
No. Player freedom is important, but more important is the vibe. Human heads is a part of the vibe.
What is being asked for here (maybe not by you) sucks the lore out of the station in the name of letting people "do the thing". It's akin to "gives my job bigger gun because I want bigger gun"

Vibe is more important.
Dock their pay or something or remove brig access from them. A moth being a CMO round start doesn't do shit to our vibe
cSeal

Post by cSeal » #707457

cSeal wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:40 am The only speciesm ive been subject has been disgusting rule 8 shit or actual miserable fnr overescalation griff
It could be interesting, I want it to be, but it just hasnt been in my experience, because the playerbase isnt all that interested in making it so
Just had a very fun and funny round with a speciest hoptain so i guess ill have to eat my words here :cry:
► Show Spoiler
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #707459

Can it at least be a station trait?
EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #707464

Station trait + low pop
EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #707465

Station trait and low pop
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #707471

no and no
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #707473

Timonk wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 5:31 pmno and no
Die
bastard
:c4:
Sealed101
Byond Username: Sealed101

Post by Sealed101 » #707475

xenos getting head roles during round progression is fun and good, and also rare enough to keep it fresh, since there would be a different head role being xenos'd each time.

roundstart xenos heads would just make it mundane. station trait for a head role/a random number of head roles could be maybe possibly neat citation needed. not sure on that one because it would entice players into doing xenos head promotions for the sake of it more often and in rounds where it wasn't really necessary by circumstance or otherwise, provided this station trait isn't live on this theoretical shift. which is lame
i prefer the term "issue tracker domovenok" for my kind

Imitates-The-Lizards
Byond Username: Typhnox

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #707476

NecromancerAnne wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 3:49 pm Can it at least be a station trait?
Wont fix the issue unless it's announced in lobby somehow. Nonhumans dont sign up for command at all.
saprasam
Byond Username: Saprasam

Post by saprasam » #707479

why would third class citizens have the right to prestige
(FORMER) tgmc admin (I HAVE REGAINED MY HUMAN RIGHTS)
MooCow12
Byond Username: MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #707480

A head of staff is not prestige its additional responsibilities, nobody respects or cares about a head of staff, its just wanted because the roles have more agency.

Prestige is having your department be the only one that is still functional, safe, and clean after the rest of the station was wiped, the opposite of prestige is crying for shuttle call after you literally fucking bombed yourself (engies and sm delam or sci and toxins)
List of my favorite TG Staff.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
cSeal wrote: TLDR suck my nuts you bald bitch
saprasam
Byond Username: Saprasam

Post by saprasam » #707481

MooCow12 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:42 pm A head of staff is not prestige its additional responsibilities, nobody respects or cares about a head of staff, its just wanted because the roles have more agency.

Prestige is having your department be the only one that is still functional, safe, and clean after the rest of the station was wiped, the opposite of prestige is crying for shuttle call after you literally fucking bombed yourself (engies and sm delam or sci and toxins)
i'm not arguing ingame prestige i'm arguing lore prestige you moron
(FORMER) tgmc admin (I HAVE REGAINED MY HUMAN RIGHTS)
COwlbear
Byond Username: Cowboy Owlbear

Post by COwlbear » #707482

You can be a blind quadriplegic chain-smoking alcoholic hallucinating command role because the idea appeals to you, and you either do your job or you can't, with everyone else in the round reacting accordingly. You should therefore be able to play (at least some) non-humans in command roles, with all the potential challenges this involves, because the idea this appeals to you, and you either do your job or you can't, with everyone else in the round reacting accordingly. I still stand by my "lip service to inclusion, complete failure to accommodate for actual needs" standpoint w.r.t. I think a giant-ass future corporation would do.

If "novelty" is the only possible reason someone can think of that someone would want to do this, their failure of imagination is not my problem.
cocothegogo
Byond Username: Cocothegog0

Post by cocothegogo » #707488

id say no but maybe make a station trait that allows it idk
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #707494

No thanks. Practically every other server offers this.

Why muddy what makes TG unique?

I want to be discriminated against for playing a lizard when on TG because other servers don't offer anything material towards that.

This would be an incentive to not do that.
Hugs
EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #707496

Misdoubtful wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:14 pm No thanks. Practically every other server offers this.

I want to be discriminated against for playing a lizard when on TG because other servers don't offer anything material towards that.

if you wanna be called a nigger you can just say that, thats about all the discrimination you get as a lizard, and i say this as someone that has played a fair ammount of lizard
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #707500

EmpressMaia wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:20 pm
Misdoubtful wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:14 pm No thanks. Practically every other server offers this.

if you wanna be called a nigger you can just say that, thats about all the discrimination you get as a lizard, and i say this as someone that has played a fair ammount of lizard

I get plenty of discrimination that doesn't involve being called ligger.

Manuel sucks at it currently, the other community servers are great at it and have a lot of lessons people can pick up on doing it.

You really need to experience the other servers more, and regularly before saying this. Because it's out there on those other servers right now.
Hugs
zergking
Byond Username: Zergking

Post by zergking » #707501

Roundstart xeno heads, but they're xenomorphs with different sprites and can speak common.
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #707543

zergking wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:45 pm Roundstart xeno heads, but they're xenomorphs with different sprites and can speak common.
you forgot they also speak a flavour hugbox language
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Post by TheFinalPotato » #707560

EmpressMaia wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 12:15 pm A moth being a CMO round start doesn't do shit to our vibe
I disagree
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Kieth4

Post by kieth4 » #707565

LOL?????

Feels like you just want to say nigger and were waiting for an opportunity to do so
AsbestosSniffer
Byond Username: The Asbestos Sniffer

Post by AsbestosSniffer » #707571

Let our boys in the envirosuits into the command club

No-one else though
Observer main. Otherwise I play Lucy Trelawney on Manuel.
Featherfield
Byond Username: Featherfield

Post by Featherfield » #707576

QM's now trying to act like heads and still able to be xeno is already too much.
you give them a pinky and they will take your arm
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #707580

it was way better when QMs weren't a head and were exiled from bridge vibing with the other heads. it made them a hero of the people. a true unionist who stood up for the crew when command started getting too big for their britches. someone with the power of cargo but detached from the bureaucracy of loyalist command. now they're a class traitor. absolutely disgraceful.
cSeal wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:40 am
they don't respect non-human rights and it adds an interesting element to playing a non-human.
Everyone says this constantly, but other than debatably silicon laws, this shrimply is not true in game
The only speciesm ive been subject has been disgusting rule 8 shit or actual miserable fnr overescalation griff

That being said, I hate change so I dont want nonhuman heads
then it's on us to tell more interesting stories. the potential is there. the ruling that makes the funny lizard word valid feels like it's reduced that aspect quite a bit. people on manuel always got their head kicked in for saying it anyway. i've been on the tail end (lol) of IC prejudice as a disgusting cat person and it has been an interesting facet of my character to get to engage with.
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #707584

dendydoom wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:15 am it was way better when QMs weren't a head and were exiled from bridge vibing with the other heads. it made them a hero of the people. a true unionist who stood up for the crew when command started getting too big for their britches. someone with the power of cargo but detached from the bureaucracy of loyalist command. now they're a class traitor. absolutely disgraceful.
2real4me
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
TypicalRig
Byond Username: TypicalRig

Post by TypicalRig » #707595

kieth4 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 6:31 am

LOL?????

Feels like you just want to say nigger and were waiting for an opportunity to do so
cSeal

Post by cSeal » #707612

dendydoom wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:15 am
then it's on us to tell more interesting stories. the potential is there. the ruling that makes the funny lizard word valid feels like it's reduced that aspect quite a bit.
Ligger was the epitome of the kind of endlessly parroted "I am going to act racist but with aliens instead of black people" slop that I dont want to see more of
and the only thing of slight interest it generated was 15 seconds of low tier physical conflict. if speciesm is to be a defining trait of tg, things like ligger should be discouraged
► Show Spoiler
cSeal

Post by cSeal » #707613

double post to make a hot take, if common core was actually implemented and made obvious in game beyond food descriptions most people dont read, speciesm stocks would increase ten thousand fold overnight
► Show Spoiler
AnonymousForumUser
Byond Username: Noahyoshi

Post by AnonymousForumUser » #707642

the species requirement to play HOP gave me some motivation to play as a different character but on the other hand the word yay is fun to say
yay!
𓆏 [...]... ([...] [...] [...] [...] [...]?)