"I put on by armor vest and seccie hat" nut

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

"I put on by armor vest and seccie hat" nut

Post by conrad » #707227

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=35080

A protip that if you're on a jobban you should stay away from anything even remotely related to your banned job(s) like it's the fucking plague.

Jeff was on the last day of his sec job ban. He was lucky lorwp was lenient enough, as this can by all means be considered ban evading.

The story itself looks like a regular run of the mill LRP IC conflict. The ban feels more like it's RPR 8 than anything else. I think Jeff is just on the wrong server mindset.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Re: "I put on by armor vest and seccie hat" nut

Post by dendydoom » #707230

this ban is basically over too lol
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
GPeckman
Byond Username: GPeckman

Post by GPeckman » #707232

It does sound like the chaplain was the one escalating things, attacking with his 18-20 damage melee weapon after losing the first fight.
Constellado
Byond Username: Constellado

Post by Constellado » #707248

I HAD IT RECORDED?

I think?
I hope.

I'll go back to you in an hour or two.
I was trying to descalate the conflict between jeff and people SO MUCH that round holy shit and it just was not happening. Pissed me off.
I was acting captain, and Jeff was just acting like an asshole that round, which is fine in character , but it caused the conflicts between him and the people around the bar. They just would not stop fighting between eachother holy shit. I got Jeff to leave the bar, to the peoples requests, and the chaplain and (traitor) barkeep LEAVES THE BAR TO FIGHT JEFF.
AAAAAAAAaaaaa

Jeff was not acting as security. An admin messaged me asking if he got deutised and I said: "Jeff is not sec. He got sec headset though? not sure how.". My response is probably what stopped him from getting a worse punishment.
later on the detective said something along being buddies with Jeff? That raised an eyebrow with me, maybe I should have said something?
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #707250

Goddamnit Jeff. I knew you were going to get into trouble when I saw you being an assistant a bunch.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
Constellado

Post by Constellado » #707256

I had it recorded guys. I'm editing it up.

I was listening to music that round so there will be some background music but thats fine!

Ill also post it on the actual thread as evidence, because of that I will not put any peanutty comments that I have on the video and type it up here once its done.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Constellado

Post by Constellado » #707260

Here it is.

Goodness, Jeff did not understand why people were not happy with him. I put the first few clips as context, as to why I was not happy with Jeff from the beginning. As soon as he shoved the gun from me I had a bad vibe, which is why I opened the med door and left straight away. His comments in comms after that actually made me a bit angry. I am good at hiding anger though (Apathetic trait character RP for the win?). Plus, its fun to have assholes in a round? I dont know... I am 75 percent sure the crew noticed how he acted towards me and is why they are all acting like that towards to him after that.

I also like to type things then cancel it, so if there was any speak that did not show up, thats why. (Me typing die and canceling it was funny but I am 99 percent sure I was trying to type dude.)

Also, some more notes about the edit: I cut some of the interactions of jeff as it does not pertain to the ban appeal. Also, while I was eating the watermelon thing I cut some of it out because I didnt see anything and I didnt want to hear too many eating noises. I was chewing on that food item for AGES.

There was also a comms conversation at the beginning of the round in which somebody said jeff was bad (cant remember wording), which had me following up saying the crew can deal with threats as there is no sec. I forgot to add into the recording.

Also I mis remembered them leaving the bar to fight Jeff, he went in and wall shoved one of them... fukin hell.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #707262

What's the point of escalation rules if people are getting banned for following it anyway?
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #707265

ic minor crime…
followed escalation policy…
cremating someone’s (one piece of) gear because they picked a fight and lost is extremely in character and is genuinely good roleplay. don’t pick stupid fights. if you pick stupid fights then you should in character deal with the consequences.

i can understand going “hey man just avoid picking up sec gear, you’re sec banned” but painting it as roleplay rule 7 is crazy- let alone noting/banning for it! if they actively broke in then knock them for that under rule 7. but they didn’t break in. they walked in. if they were validhunting then obviously they’re job evading- but they weren’t validhunting so

idk seems like jeff is in the right here
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #707267

iwishforducks wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:30 am ic minor crime…
cremating someone’s (one piece of) gear because they picked a fight and lost is extremely in character and is genuinely good roleplay. don’t pick stupid fights. if you pick stupid fights then you should in character deal with the consequences.
If you're being a complete dick that is.
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #707269

Archie700 wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:34 am
people who pick stupid fucking fights need to be taught to 1. not pick stupid fights and 2. not lose their stupid fights - if it wasn’t a dick move then it wouldn’t teach them anything
Archie700
In-Game Admin

Post by Archie700 » #707271

iwishforducks wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:45 am
people who pick stupid fucking fights need to be taught to 1. not pick stupid fights and 2. not lose their stupid fights - if it wasn’t a dick move then it wouldn’t teach them anything
So, Jeff?

Around 9 minutes, when captain de-escalated, Jeff went out on captain's request after the bartender said it very clear he was banned but did not want to touch him as he will attack her...only to SUDDENLY COME BACK IN TO CONTINUE THE FIGHT.
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #707272

Archie700 wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:54 am
iwishforducks wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:45 am
So, Jeff?

Around 9 minutes, when captain de-escalated, Jeff went out on captain's request after the bartender said it very clear he was banned but did not want to touch him as he will attack her...only to SUDDENLY COME BACK IN TO CONTINUE THE FIGHT.
So? Jeff isn't whining about the outcome of the fight. Both obviously wanted to.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Constellado

Post by Constellado » #707273

iwishforducks wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:30 am cremating someone’s (one piece of) gear
He cremated EVERY SINGLE ITEM (apart from PDA without the ID) that the chaplain had. The only item that was not curated was the scythe, and thats because it gets absorbed into the body. They had no ID for ages after that because the HoP locker was teleported away by a bluespace anomaly somewhere.

Edit2: Apparently the ID was not cremated? The original ID was never found though, and I had to make a new one from a braindead assistant's id.

EDIT3:Either I'm blind or stupid. He only cremated the armour and one other thing apparently. Yeah, ain't as bad.
Last edited by Constellado on Mon Oct 09, 2023 10:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Post by Turbonerd » #707274

CPTANT wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:05 am What's the point of escalation rules if people are getting banned for following it anyway?
This isn't escalation rules simulator. Jeff was being a retard by putting on security gear and having the dumb NRP greytide mindset. His RP was atrocious.
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #707278

iwishforducks wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:30 am cremating someone’s (one piece of) gear because they picked a fight and lost is extremely in character and is genuinely good roleplay. don’t pick stupid fights. if you pick stupid fights then you should in character deal with the consequences.
I like to go full psycho and annoy them all shift if someone does this to me
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
conrad

Post by conrad » #707280

iwishforducks wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:30 am cremating someone’s (one piece of) gear because they picked a fight and lost is extremely in character and is genuinely good roleplay.
Dear lord what is this take.

From RPR rule 8:

"Childish or infantile characters should be avoided, whilst silly characters should be roleplayed properly. There's a good chance your character still wants to have a job at the end of the day, so you should probably act like it."

If you think it's ok to burn all of someone's possessions at work you're a psycho. Just play LRP, there's where the psychos live. Or do it as an antag.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
JupiterJaeden
Byond Username: JupiterJaeden

Post by JupiterJaeden » #707291

He cremated EVERY SINGLE ITEM (apart from PDA without the ID) that the chaplain had. The only item that was not curated was the scythe, and thats because it gets absorbed into the body. They had no ID for ages after that because the HoP locker was teleported away by a bluespace anomaly somewhere.

Edit2: Apparently the ID was not cremated? The original ID was never found though, and I had to make a new one from a braindead assistant's id.
False chief. I only cremated two pieces of equipment, the external armor. I used the ID for crematorium access. The rest was left on the floor of the medbay lobby which you can actually see from your own video lol.
conrad

Post by conrad » #707293

JupiterJaeden wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:07 am The ban is expired now but if you are not going to lift this note I want headmin review. I'm not gonna sugarcoat it anymore because the ban (especially the escalation policy part of it) is absolutely ridiculous. Literally a trial admin moment. You have a little more ground to stand on with the sec gear thing but I've already explained that 1) I didn't use any of it to validhunt or evade my sec ban (which expired like a few hours after this one was placed btw), 2) I had an IC reason for it earlier (trolling the detective), and 3) It was an extremely minor theft in the first place
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin

Post by dendydoom » #707294

this thread is about you but it isn't for you jeff.
It's an entirely other thing if I'm stealing it to troll the detective and because it looks cool.
so tiding and looting sec gear? dang
on lowpop with like one seccie I would have been justified to do this anyways though lol
no because you were secbanned so you cannot perform the role of security.

i was actually on the fence until i saw the video and looked up the logs and everything jeff does hits me as what manuel lovingly calls "being an annoying shitter". walking around with looted sec gear, shoving the captain for having their gun out, starting petty fights with people who have an issue with you because you're being belligerent and threatening people, all around just being an absolute toad for the sake of it. it's all very entertaining.

as you said before: there was barely any active security that round because it was lowpop. in those situations we generally give the crew a lot more leniency to sort their own problems out. it sounds like they were trying to do so with you.
Literally a trial admin moment.
NSFW:
Bepis
Byond Username: AurumDude

Post by Bepis » #707299

CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #707302

But seriously, just scrap escalation policy if y'all hate actual IC conflict so much on Manuel.
JupiterJaeden
Byond Username: JupiterJaeden

Post by JupiterJaeden » #707303

dendydoom wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:46 am this thread is about you but it isn't for you jeff.
I'm not gonna debate the ban here (obviously) but I will still correct basic misinformation. I didn't cremate all of the chaplain's shit, I cremated two items. This is a fact.
conrad

Post by conrad » #707304

CPTANT wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:30 pm But seriously, just scrap escalation policy if y'all hate actual IC conflict so much on Manuel.
The thing to bear in mind is that the RP rules are still in effect side by side with escalation policy. You don't need to nix it entirely...but if people insist in following escalation policy while ignoring the rest of the server rules, admins will continue to tally the ban quota. Following one rule is not an excuse to ignoring the rest. They are there for a reason.

That being said escalation policy generates more enflamed discussions in the admin channels than naming policy, enough to char the ivory so hard it turns into the fucking tower of sauron. I think it needs to be re-written with the same conveyed message but in clearer terms so that players don't fall victim of abstraction.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #707308

conrad wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:56 pm
CPTANT wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:30 pm But seriously, just scrap escalation policy if y'all hate actual IC conflict so much on Manuel.
The thing to bear in mind is that the RP rules are still in effect side by side with escalation policy. You don't need to nix it entirely...but if people insist in following escalation policy while ignoring the rest of the server rules, admins will continue to tally the ban quota. Following one rule is not an excuse to ignoring the rest. They are there for a reason.

That being said escalation policy generates more enflamed discussions in the admin channels than naming policy, enough to char the ivory so hard it turns into the fucking tower of sauron. I think it needs to be re-written with the same conveyed message but in clearer terms so that players don't fall victim of abstraction.
Every time this happens everyone starts fishing for excuses for why this time it totally wasn't allowed. Taking some armour from an unlocked locker that has been reported multiple times suddenly becomes egregious power gaming and horrible greytide. Everything that is even remotely not nice is being tried to shoehorn into rule 1 as "a dick move" in this fight where people try to kill each other with lethal weapons. God forbid you take away the weapons and/or armour of the person that tried to murder you. It is all just excuses because what you actually hate is the fact that the conflict itself occurred.
Constellado wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:50 am
I was trying to descalate the conflict between jeff and people SO MUCH that round holy shit and it just was not happening. Pissed me off.
See? Doesn't matter if there is escalation policy. You all just hate IC conflict and if you stop pretending you don't we would stop getting these drama threads every other week.
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin

Post by dendydoom » #707309

we have lots of IC non-antag conflict on manuel but using the ban appeal forums and peanut threads as a barometer for it will not show you this. you just get the messy bullshit.
NSFW:
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #707310

CPTANT wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 2:24 pm
Constellado wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:50 am
See? Doesn't matter if there is escalation policy. You all just hate IC conflict and if you stop pretending you don't we would stop getting these drama threads every other week.
what does a player's desire to try to deescalate have to do with admin enforcement of escalation policy?
this is a stupid series of posts tbqh
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #707311

Jacquerel wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 2:37 pm
what does a player's desire to try to deescalate have to do with admin enforcement of escalation policy?
If you are "Pissed off" someone is instigating IC conflict you obviously see it as a bad thing. It is a generalization of course, but more than half the people here are trying to come up with excuses (or for some reason outright try to invent facts).
Jacquerel wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 2:37 pm this is a stupid series of posts tbqh
bait.
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #707327

manuel and its consequences have been a disaster for the human race
conrad

Post by conrad » #707332

iwishforducks wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 4:04 pm manuel and its consequences have been a disaster for the human race
You sound like you're forced to play manuel.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #707333

manuel is pretty good in its current state. but admins need to be more consistent in what is and isnt acceptable sometimes
MooCow12
Byond Username: MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #707344

I mean for sanity sake you should have every right to get rid of an item that someone is using to grief you with but their id idk just take some credits from it at a slap on the wrist the first time, id theft is only really something you can do if you can permabrig/rr them (or demote but thats a special case)

cremating the chaps shit is funny but i think cutting off their arm to get their scythe and then cremate that would have been more sanctioned.

Or is the scythe shitcode and it doesnt actually exist within your arm?

The armor im not so sure about, all it does it protect the chap from lethal damage when you can just winstick him with a stun baton so idk taking that from him is kinda pointless and sets him up to die more easily to other things and be round removed by something else.
List of my favorite TG Staff.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
cSeal wrote: TLDR suck my nuts you bald bitch
Constellado

Post by Constellado » #707372

CPTANT wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 2:43 pm
Jacquerel wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 2:37 pm
If you are "Pissed off" someone is instigating IC conflict you obviously see it as a bad thing. It is a generalization of course, but more than half the people here are trying to come up with excuses (or for some reason outright try to invent facts).
Jacquerel wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 2:37 pm this is a stupid series of posts tbqh
bait.
I was pissed of at that fight in particular. I like fights such as: Two departments fighting each other over material usage. Or mutinying the captain over not holding the disk. Or something like an invisible friend causing a person to do something crazy creating conflict.
This one felt pretty from both sides and just kept going. It felt like shitty drama caused by people being a bit mean or whatnot. Give me something with a more juicy IC reasoning please. It did not feel like a fun fulfilling conflict.
JupiterJaeden wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:18 am

False chief. I only cremated two pieces of equipment, the external armor. I used the ID for crematorium access. The rest was left on the floor of the medbay lobby which you can actually see from your own video lol.
Ah, woops, I mis-saw.

I still had to get a new ID. x.x
Last edited by Constellado on Mon Oct 09, 2023 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #707373

good thread title

8/10

you got a +1 for nostalgia
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #707374

If you pull out a deadly weapon like a chaplain magic sword and ahelp because they destroyed your combat gear when you failed to murder them in a fight you started, you should probbably be banned for a minimum of a day to cool off.
conrad wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 10:25 am From RPR rule 8:

"Childish or infantile characters should be avoided, whilst silly characters should be roleplayed properly. There's a good chance your character still wants to have a job at the end of the day, so you should probably act like it."

If you think it's ok to burn all of someone's possessions at work you're a psycho. Just play LRP, there's where the psychos live. Or do it as an antag.
Conrad I dont know how you can, with a straight face, say this about someone starting fights and trying to MURDER THEIR COWORKER WITH A MAGIC SWORD.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Constellado

Post by Constellado » #707379

Not-Dorsidarf wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 10:03 pm If you pull out a deadly weapon like a chaplain magic sword and ahelp because they destroyed your combat gear when you failed to murder them in a fight you started, you should probbably be banned for a minimum of a day to cool off.

Conrad I dont know how you can, with a straight face, say this about someone starting fights and trying to MURDER THEIR COWORKER WITH A MAGIC SWORD.
Yeah, that scythe screams: THIS IS GOING LETHAL. It was correct escalation from Jeff in my opinion. I only ahelped the cremating thing, I thought that he cremated everything at that point. Turns out no, so I am okay with that.

But yeah, this screams edgecase, and feels more about the conduct over the actual actions that took place.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
DaydreamIQ
Byond Username: DaydreamIQ

Post by DaydreamIQ » #707382

From RPR rule 8:

If admins actually enforced RP Rule 8 half of the greytiding shitheads that always get a free pass on MRP would cease to exist, I've never once seen that rule actually cited and I doubt most players even know it exists either
Archie700
In-Game Admin

Post by Archie700 » #707383

Not-Dorsidarf wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 10:03 pm If you pull out a deadly weapon like a chaplain magic sword and ahelp because they destroyed your combat gear when you failed to murder them in a fight you started, you should probbably be banned for a minimum of a day to cool off.

First, Jibreel did not report Jeff, someone else did.

Second, it's escalation due to the fact that Jeff tossed them off a z-level, according to Jeff himself.
3) I did not immediately resort to lethal levels of force, instead simply tossing the chaplain off into the undertram.
4) They came back and started attacking me again, this time with a significantly more lethal weapon (vorpal scythe).
Third, it seems Jeff was also trying to start fights, according to the video.

There's a specific instance where after the captain calmed everyone down and took Jeff out of the bar (which he was banned from), Jeff suddenly came back in to push the chaplain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNHrc3KoiPQ&t=579s
Last edited by Archie700 on Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
conrad

Post by conrad » #707385

Two orangutans don't make one full person.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #707390

DaydreamIQ wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:03 pm

From RPR rule 8:

If admins actually enforced RP Rule 8 half of the greytiding shitheads that always get a free pass on MRP would cease to exist, I've never once seen that rule actually cited and I doubt most players even know it exists either
RP rules aren’t enforced unless there’re add on charges, we’ve had people who regularly wordlessly tide on the regular for months now.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
Archie700
In-Game Admin

Post by Archie700 » #707397

If people are wordlessly tiding on Manuel please ahelp that

We aren't omniscient about about the round.

That being said, just because admins say it's an IC Issue doesn't mean they shouldn't watch the person afterwards.
BlueMemesauce
Byond Username: BlueMemesauce

Re: "I put on by armor vest and seccie hat" pumpkin post

Post by BlueMemesauce » #707400

they're called pumpkin posts!!!
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #707402

conrad wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:31 pm

This is a stupid take.

If my coworker tries to murder me with a magic sword I am burning everything he's used in the fight in the hopes that maybe he'll fuck off and not try to do that again, because he's not going to stay down, and he'll be out of jail before I clock off.
Archie700
In-Game Admin

Post by Archie700 » #707412

CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:11 am

This is a stupid take.

If my coworker tries to murder me with a magic sword I am burning everything he's used in the fight in the hopes that maybe he'll fuck off and not try to do that again, because he's not going to stay down, and he'll be out of jail before I clock off.
If you pin your hopes on him somehow fucking off when you destroy his stuff then you are going to be sorely disappointed when you are lying face down while he is standing over you.
GPeckman
Byond Username: GPeckman

Post by GPeckman » #707417

Archie700 wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:11 pm Second, it's escalation due to the fact that Jeff tossed them off a z-level, according to Jeff himself.
How is it escalation? It does barely any damage.
Archie700
In-Game Admin

Post by Archie700 » #707422

GPeckman wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 5:36 am
Archie700 wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:11 pm Second, it's escalation due to the fact that Jeff tossed them off a z-level, according to Jeff himself.
How is it escalation? It does barely any damage.
You're tossing someone off during a fight. It's not a willing disengagement of the fight on behalf of the victim.
zergking
Byond Username: Zergking

Post by zergking » #707426

Literal a hippiestation shitsec behavior. Jeff, you can do better.
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #707429

Archie700 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:55 am

This is a stupid take.

If you pin your hopes on him somehow fucking off when you destroy his stuff then you are going to be sorely disappointed when you are lying face down while he is standing over you.
Assuming he does, in fact, still try to murder me again now that his magic sword and armour has been destroyed, I will stand a much better chance in the fight as he no longer has his magic sword and armour.

The point is that it's not a psycho thing to do after that coworker has just tried to murder you with a magic sword.
RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #707434

Archie700 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:55 am

This is a stupid take.

Me when I still get murdered by the guy who tried to murder me (I was nice and didn’t destroy his stuff)

conrad

Post by conrad » #707438

You're stripping the entire thing out of the preceeding conflict like the chaplain went for lethals immediately and fnr.

Rules as the are the "magic sword and magic armor" chaplain followed conflict escalation, so did Jeff, up until the point he went goblin and burned the chaps ID and armor. You could argue that Jeff was on the receiving end from the start and therefore the defending party on the conflict, thus being entitled to continue conflict since the defending party sets the pace of it. And that would give carte blanche for people to be goblins, get hit on something that does HP damage once and abusing the rules to justify stripping people of their shit after conflict was over.

Which is not what the escalation rules are for. They are not for people to suddenly self antag or bait conflict. They are, as Timberpoes put it, for people to engage in conflict without being antagonists and without being hit with administrative action.

It's a shame they're poorly written. We wouldn't be having this conversation otherwise.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.