Carthago Delenda Est - Is 2000 years too soon to peanut?

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Carthago Delenda Est - Is 2000 years too soon to peanut?

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #707815

Bottom post of the previous page:

viewtopic.php?p=707805#p707805

Least insane politics-containment argument.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Re: Carthago Delenda Est - Is 2000 years too soon to peanut?

Post by dendydoom » #708061

i can see where both sides sort of come from - but i'm prefacing this by saying that i genuinely thing internjohn is just another one of us weird history obsessed dipshits with no malicious ulterior motive.

but i also understand the concern from policing polcon channels. the dreaded "romeaboo" is mocked in many circles because they take a flimsy view of history and couch their intolerance within it. they don't seek to analyze and deconstruct history within its own contexts, but rather they simply make vague, sweeping references to ancient rome and the stance of its state, and co-opt its symbols, terminology and narratives in order to provide their ideologies with a veneer of historical legitimacy. they might reference the roman empire as a golden age of european supremacy, or as an example of a racially pure and powerful civilization. this usage is often historically inaccurate and just straight up disregards facts like the multicultural and diverse nature of the roman empire. to summarize: people who think history is some sort of total war video game and romanticize it to an extreme.

internjohn doesn't match any of these stereotypes if you dig a little deeper. he really does just love ancient rome.

if you want my drive-by take, it was just a false positive where someone innocent, for a split second, fell into the mold of the evil polcon stereotype around a sensitive topic.
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
EsotericSeaslug
Byond Username: EsotericSeaslug

Post by EsotericSeaslug » #708062

dendydoom wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 5:28 pm source: i am a historian with too much time on my hands
Can I ask what your credentials are? Just interested as a fellow arts degree, seems uncommon to find non stem people around here :D
Rageguy505
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rageguy505

Post by Rageguy505 » #708070

hegelian dialectics
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Kieth4

Post by kieth4 » #708075

I do not think intern John is actively malicious, he's hugely braindead imo but that's not illegal. What we have here is someone who does not understand how ban appeals work/how to game the format to get unbanned every time guaranteed(!!!). You don't need huge paragraphs of justification or explaining yourself you literally just go.

"Hey, I'm really sorry for what happened this wasn't my intention and I'm really sorry and won't do it again. I got caught up in the heat of the moment and misunderstood what you said. Going forward I won't do it again" or some shit like this"

I look at his posts and go what the fuck are these bro. Are you justifying are you saying sorry???? Why do I need to read them why aew they so fat
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #708077

kieth4 wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 6:08 pm You don't need huge paragraphs of justification or explaining yourself you literally just go.
"Hey, I'm really sorry for what happened this wasn't my intention and I'm really sorry and won't do it again."
many such cases
easiest thing in the world and nobody does it
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #708080

kieth4 wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 6:08 pm "Hey, I'm really sorry for what happened this wasn't my intention and I'm really sorry and won't do it again. I got caught up in the heat of the moment and misunderstood what you said. Going forward I won't do it again" or some shit like this"
idk if it's an incapability of accepting the message was relayed in a crappy way or if it's a fear of appearing like they're doing something wrong, but the lack of vision to face the fact they might be in the bad side of the argument is endemic, and it's not just on TG. So we get these longass essays explaining the person's point of view in such detail I can't help but wonder that they're more concerned with being understood (while also assuming the other person didn't understand them) than concerned with understanding why they're in the wrong in the first place.
kieth4 wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 6:08 pm I look at his posts and go what the fuck are these bro. Are you justifying are you saying sorry???? Why do I need to read them why aew they so fat
kieth4 fatshaming posts smh
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin

Post by kieth4 » #708084

conrad wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 6:30 pm
kieth4 wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 6:08 pm "Hey, I'm really sorry for what happened this wasn't my intention and I'm really sorry and won't do it again. I got caught up in the heat of the moment and misunderstood what you said. Going forward I won't do it again" or some shit like this"
idk if it's an incapability of accepting the message was relayed in a crappy way or if it's a fear of appearing like they're doing something wrong, but the lack of vision to face the fact they might be in the bad side of the argument is endemic, and it's not just on TG. So we get these longass essays explaining the person's point of view in such detail I can't help but wonder that they're more concerned with being understood (while also assuming the other person didn't understand them) than concerned with understanding why they're in the wrong in the first place.
kieth4 wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 6:08 pm I look at his posts and go what the fuck are these bro. Are you justifying are you saying sorry???? Why do I need to read them why aew they so fat
kieth4 fatshaming posts smh
It's people who don't entirely understand how the appeals and stuff work
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #708086

ha ha ha.

With experienced regards
-BONERMASTER & Associates
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
BlueMemesauce
Byond Username: BlueMemesauce

Post by BlueMemesauce » #708087

it's not clear that you're supposed to say your sorry instead of justifying.
we should implement this to make ban appeals go the way the admins want them to: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=35070. like why do we even have the "your side of the story" section all it does is make things more confusing.
InternJohn
Byond Username: TheMightyAltroll

Post by InternJohn » #708101

I would rather not say 'sorry' and admit guilt to something I am not. If it were just a week or month long ban in-game for doing something stupid, I wouldn't have bothered. Believe me, I didn't want to write three massive essays, it's not something I enjoy doing. But I felt like I had to given the circumstances. I was also given advice on this appeals thing to try and make it as painstakingly explanatory as I can. So uh, blame them.
BlueMemesauce

Post by BlueMemesauce » #708102

im the same way but at least you got unbanned and are only banned on political channel, im still banned
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #708120

EsotericSeaslug wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 4:13 pm
dendydoom wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 5:28 pm source: i am a historian with too much time on my hands
Can I ask what your credentials are? Just interested as a fellow arts degree, seems uncommon to find non stem people around here :D
i'm hesitant to share anything substantial lest i dox myself on the spaceman game so all i'm comfortable sharing is that i'm a medievalist with a number of published papers as first author, thanks for asking. what's your field?
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin

Post by kieth4 » #708149

InternJohn wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 10:35 pm I would rather not say 'sorry' and admit guilt to something I am not. If it were just a week or month long ban in-game for doing something stupid, I wouldn't have bothered. Believe me, I didn't want to write three massive essays, it's not something I enjoy doing. But I felt like I had to given the circumstances. I was also given advice on this appeals thing to try and make it as painstakingly explanatory as I can. So uh, blame them.
You need to be clear and concise bro, you're only unbanned because gwyn is super lenient fr
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #708150

who up delending their est
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #708155

InternJohn wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 10:35 pm I would rather not say 'sorry' and admit guilt to something I am not. If it were just a week or month long ban in-game for doing something stupid, I wouldn't have bothered. Believe me, I didn't want to write three massive essays, it's not something I enjoy doing. But I felt like I had to given the circumstances. I was also given advice on this appeals thing to try and make it as painstakingly explanatory as I can. So uh, blame them.
It's not about saying "sorry", it's about being objective. If your point on a ban appeal takes more characters than an SAT essay, it's probably not a very good point.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #708165

I’m not going to read all this but I assume we passed Godwin’s law at some point, so one of the forum jannies can go ahead and lock this thread.
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
warbluke
Byond Username: Warbluke

Post by warbluke » #708185

Atlanta-Ned wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 12:17 pm I’m not going to read all this but I assume we passed Godwin’s law at some point, so one of the forum jannies can go ahead and lock this thread.
There was a mention of Bomber Harris's grand day out, but that doesn't count for Godwins law.
Fikou
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Fikou
Github Username: Fikou

Post by Fikou » #708297

hitler
BlueMemesauce

Post by BlueMemesauce » #708301

it's supposed to be a comparison to hitler or the nazis
Togopal
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Togopal

Post by Togopal » #708332

This thread is hitler

scamoppi
Byond Username: Noahyoshi

Post by scamoppi » #708349

fucked up how Caesar crossed the Rubicon just to show the senate a screenshot of Pompey's activity on scrubby
𓆏 ribbit... (nothing to see here...)
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Post by RaveRadbury » #708373

"You can state that I am 'cringe' for liking history, or what have you, but it's just something I enjoy. In hindsight I should not have ever entered into the politics chat anyway,"
Best part of the whole appeal.