"i refused to state my laws because i was waiting to roll midround malf, officer" nut

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
GPeckman
Byond Username: GPeckman

"i refused to state my laws because i was waiting to roll midround malf, officer" nut

Post by GPeckman » #708124

Bottom post of the previous page:

The title isn't perfectly accurate, I just thought the quote was funny in this context.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=35134
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Re: "i refused to state my laws because i was waiting to roll midround malf, officer" nut

Post by EmpressMaia » #708389

Why are yall still posting about this
BlueMemesauce
Byond Username: BlueMemesauce

Re: "i refused to state my laws because i was waiting to roll midround malf, officer" nut

Post by BlueMemesauce » #708392

Why to admins make silicon policy more confusing than it has to be?
1. Misinterpreting orders is directly allowed in the rules. There is no rule saying when someone orders you to state laws you must assume that they meant state all laws.
2. There is no rule saying you need to ask the roboticist for your "purpose" after being brought online. When has this ever been a thing?
3. He was following his cyborg laws and his nuke op status. He did not have a law saying he couldn't kill everyone on the station, meaning his nuke op antag status still applied and he could kill whoever he wanted (except the robo). Same thing as a traitor asimov borg being able to kill nonhumans.

None of these things are against the rules. Either unban Hoolny or write these secret rules down.
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #708393

EmpressMaia wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 12:51 pm Why are yall still posting about this
Because it’s funny.

It also shows that silicon policy will always be a clusterfuck whether it’s 500 words or 500,000 words.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Post by Cheshify » #708396

RedBaronFlyer wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 2:15 pm
EmpressMaia wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 12:51 pm Why are yall still posting about this
Because it’s funny.

It also shows that silicon policy will always be a clusterfuck whether it’s 500 words or 500,000 words.
Silicon policy is not the issue here.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Post by Turbonerd » #708400

This is an 18+ community. People shouldn't have to tell others about every fucking combination of what they can and can't do as if they're a toddler. Just use your brain and play in good faith.
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #708401

RedBaronFlyer wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 2:15 pm
Because it’s funny.

If the problem is silicon policy and nothing you do can change that, then the problem isn't silicon policy. It's people refusing to play with the fun of people around them in mind, only their own.

The hills of /tg/ are littered with the corpses of those that chose to die in them.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #708404

i agree, remove silicons

MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #708405

if this hits 5 pages i'm politics posting and nothing you can do will stop me
Last edited by Kendrickorium on Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
conrad

Post by conrad » #708406

Kendrickorium wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 5:07 pm if this hits 5 pages i'm starsector posting and nothing you can do will stop me
USER HAS BEEN BANNED FOR THIS POST
So sad Kendrick died bros what a loss
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
iansdoor
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Iansdoor

Post by iansdoor » #708409

Laws.png
Ziiro
Byond Username: Ziiro
Github Username: Ziiro

Post by Ziiro » #708413

this thread is like watching a plasma fire in the hallway and then some asshole opens the firelock to your room with a crowbar

why the fuck is there so much non-admin posting in an appeal. why are you both continuing to argue in the peanut.
Chadley
Byond Username: Armodias

Post by Chadley » #708417

iansdoor wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 5:32 pmLaws.png
Fire fucking edit, thank you, that made me smile.

Society hasn't failed.
The forum is thriving.
Sigilites must SMILE
► Show Spoiler
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #708420

conrad wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 5:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 5:07 pm if this hits 5 pages i'm starsector posting and nothing you can do will stop me
USER HAS BEEN BANNED FOR THIS POST
So sad Kendrick died bros what a loss

i'll see you on page 5
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #708421

lol switch that around to "can i search your bag?"
warbluke
Byond Username: Warbluke

Post by warbluke » #708422

Him barely avoiding the pointers really adds to the image.
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #708427

So even if you theoretically didn’t break any rules by running away to avoid getting any orders, how is it not a violation of laws 1, 3, and 4 to run around sabotaging the station (which breaks secrecy), fighting the crew (which got you killed), and trying to get the nuke disk obtained (which is used to blow up the station your only operative is currently on).
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #708428

NoxVS wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:34 pm So even if you theoretically didn’t break any rules by running away to avoid getting any orders, how is it not a violation of laws 1, 3, and 4 to run around sabotaging the station (which breaks secrecy), fighting the crew (which got you killed), and trying to get the nuke disk obtained (which is used to blow up the station your only operative is currently on).
Don't forget that he only wants to blow up the station because he's a nuclear operative, which one of his laws says he isn't.
Ziiro
Byond Username: Ziiro
Github Username: Ziiro

Post by Ziiro » #708429

Jacquerel wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:35 pm
NoxVS wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:34 pm So even if you theoretically didn’t break any rules by running away to avoid getting any orders, how is it not a violation of laws 1, 3, and 4 to run around sabotaging the station (which breaks secrecy), fighting the crew (which got you killed), and trying to get the nuke disk obtained (which is used to blow up the station your only operative is currently on).
Don't forget that he only wants to blow up the station because he's a nuclear operative, which one of his laws says he isn't.
how does he know what his laws are if he never states them? he doesn't have to follow them

checkmate, atheists
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

Post by TheRex9001 » #708434

Iansdoor is so unlucky to get this many appeals, and one like this all whilst still being a candidate admin
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #708438

30 more posts guys
BlueMemesauce

Post by BlueMemesauce » #708444

This is correct, and it would be fine if they banned him for breaking his laws. Breaking laws is an actual rule. But they're banning him for misinterpreting orders and not following his "purpose". Neither of those are actual rules.
Jacquerel wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:35 pm Don't forget that he only wants to blow up the station because he's a nuclear operative, which one of his laws says he isn't.
Except none of his laws said anything about that what he is, so I have no idea what you're talking about. According to headmin precedent, if there's nothing in the laws saying he's no longer an antag, he's still allowed to act like an antag.
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer

Post by Jacquerel » #708446

BlueMemesauce wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:47 pmExcept none of his laws said anything about that what he is, so I have no idea what you're talking about. According to headmin precedent, if there's nothing in the laws saying he's no longer an antag, he's still allowed to act like an antag.
His laws identify the only syndicate agent on the station as someone who isn't him. That means he isn't one.
BlueMemesauce

Post by BlueMemesauce » #708447

oh dang I didn't even think of that
Hoolny
Byond Username: Hoolny

Post by Hoolny » #708448

Jacquerel wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 11:12 pm
BlueMemesauce wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:47 pmExcept none of his laws said anything about that what he is, so I have no idea what you're talking about. According to headmin precedent, if there's nothing in the laws saying he's no longer an antag, he's still allowed to act like an antag.
His laws identify the only syndicate agent on the station as someone who isn't him. That means he isn't one.
oh... first of all that wasn't even brought upon the ban appeal so it isn't relevant but I never thought about it in that way I mean you are the only one that did think that.

Anyways it still dosent affect my nukie status though nowhere in my laws does it say me being a syndicate agent or not affects me having rule 4 I am although no longer a syndicate agent still an antagonist I guess with no allegiance to the syndicate but I still have the antag purpose to blow up the station.

Also im 100% sure the roboticist and I can agree that their intention with their laws wasen't that and not even the banning admin thought of that so it isn't very applicable to the situation.

I will still use this in the future thanks for the insight smart thinking
conrad

Post by conrad » #708450

How do we get through seth's thick head that being an antag borg doesn't mean he can break silicon policy by not following his laws?

E: I made this:
► Show Spoiler
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #708455

conrad wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 11:48 pm How do we get through seth's thick head that being an antag borg doesn't mean he can break silicon policy by not following his laws?

E: I made this:
► Show Spoiler
this is pretty good, could you take maybe 3-5 posts to explain it though for those who don't get it
mindstormy
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Mindstormy

Post by mindstormy » #708456

We should start having a longest most ridiculous peanut for the simplest rule break ever award every year. I would like to nominate this peanut for 2023.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #708457

BlueMemesauce wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:47 pm
Generally if you're going to relitigate the ban it helps not to follow the exact same debate points that were in the ban appeal that were refuted by the admins, otherwise you just seem kind of crazy.
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #708460

Hoolny wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 11:43 pm nowhere in my laws does it say me being a syndicate agent or not affects me having rule 4 I am although no longer a syndicate agent still an antagonist I guess with no allegiance to the syndicate but I still have the antag purpose to blow up the station.
Law 1: You may not injure a syndicate agent or, through inaction, allow a syndicate agent to come to harm.
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
BlueMemesauce

Post by BlueMemesauce » #708462

then say he's violating his laws instead of saying "purpose" "monopoly of one person's intent" "The only person in your world that mattered" "an act of bad faith play"
none of these things are against silicon policy all you have to do is say "you violated laws 1, 3, and 4"
BlueMemesauce

Post by BlueMemesauce » #708463

By the way you can use ChatGPT to make Hoolny's posts have grammar and spelling.

I don’t think it’s fair for you to take my ban note into account since you pulled that note out of a Discord conversation, not from an ahelp. I feel like it’s compromised evidence to be using.

Syndicate borgs are not computers; they are MMI syndicate agent brains, and they have their own independent purposes. This is explained by both S.E.L.F. Lore and in-game when you are gibbed as a borg, leaving a brain behind.

Regarding the laws given, they were lazy. They could have done a lot more than just giving me a Freeform law that didn’t take many possibilities into account. It's their own fault that I had the capability of leaving and killing within my laws.

The new law didn’t state I had any different purpose; it just changed the current syndicate agent it aligned to. It did not say, “Protect this syndicate agent at all costs, stay next to them all the time.” It simply said not to let them get harmed and to follow their orders. Why is the leap being made that I am obligated to stay next to them when the laws given do not state this as a fact?

I don’t know what the intention of the roboticist was, but baseline, my purpose as a nuclear operative is to get the disk or help to get the disk. I was revived and wanted to do so, and I saw no reason to stay, for my laws didn’t say I had to.

Also, it’s not like I wasn’t planning to come back to robotics. I was actually trying to get to robotics since I was getting gunned down, and all my modules were broken. Unfortunately, I got killed before I could make it there, which would have opened the possibility to converse with them.
cSeal
Byond Username: O0cyann0o

Post by cSeal » #708465

dendydoom wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 5:02 pm i agree, remove silicons

► Show Spoiler
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #708466

we are getting so close guys keep it going
Indie-ana Jones
Byond Username: Indie-ana Jones

Post by Indie-ana Jones » #708473

The only time I've wanted Starfield to take over a thread.
Hoolny

Post by Hoolny » #708475

mindstormy wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:43 am We should start having a longest most ridiculous peanut for the simplest rule break ever award every year. I would like to nominate this peanut for 2023.
It was not a simple clear cut rule break I’m tired of having to type on the forums so I’m not gonna elaborate further on this.

Nowhere in the laws did it say I had to stay and wait for orders to be given.

If this was so simple and clear this fucking dumbass policy discussion would t have lasted more than 3 pages.

My fucking wrists hurts after typing that much over the discussion something that I had never happened in my entire life of typing stuff
Hoolny

Post by Hoolny » #708476

mindstormy wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:43 am We should start having a longest most ridiculous peanut for the simplest rule break ever award every year. I would like to nominate this peanut for 2023.
It was not a simple clear cut rule break I’m tired of having to type on the forums so I’m not gonna elaborate further on this.

Nowhere in the laws did it say I had to stay and wait for orders to be given.

If this was so simple and clear this fucking dumbass policy discussion would t have lasted more than 3 pages.

My fucking wrists hurts after typing that much over the discussion something that I had never happened in my entire life of typing stuff
mstachife
Byond Username: Mstachife

Post by mstachife » #708477

Damn I need to keep that in mind when I play AI, you can just ignore your laws on if you just kill comms and stare at your core.
Imitates-The-Lizards
Byond Username: Typhnox

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #708478

mstachife wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 7:37 am Damn I need to keep that in mind when I play AI, you can just ignore your laws on if you just kill comms and stare at your core.
What's your master plan for when someone just uses one of the many, many wall intercoms on the station?
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

Post by TheRex9001 » #708479

Imitates-The-Lizards wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:34 am
mstachife wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 7:37 am Damn I need to keep that in mind when I play AI, you can just ignore your laws on if you just kill comms and stare at your core.
What's your master plan for when someone just uses one of the many, many wall intercoms on the station?
Turn off the one in the core
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer

Post by Jacquerel » #708486

Hoolny wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 6:35 am If this was so simple and clear this fucking dumbass policy discussion would t have lasted more than 3 pages.
I'm afraid that this has no bearing, people can argue in perpetuity about anything this only says that one or more of the participants is stubborn and has no particular bearing on the merits of their arguments.
GPeckman
Byond Username: GPeckman

Post by GPeckman » #708498

Hoolny in Appeal Thread wrote: When it comes to the laws given they where lazy they could have done a lot more than just giving me a Freeform law that didn’t take a lot of possibilities into account it’s their own fault that I had the capability of leaving and killing within my laws.
Unfortunately it's not quite that simple. See, most law boards (especially ones that can delete laws instead of just adding them) cost both diamonds and bluespace crystals, but the freeform board only costs gold. As it happened, the miners didn't get any diamonds that round, so freeform was the only option.
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #708500

WE ARE SO CLOSE GUYS

SO CLOSE
Hoolny

Post by Hoolny » #708501

didnt you say you where gona start at page 4 anyways
EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #708504

The Banning admin finally responded
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer

Post by Jacquerel » #708506

EmpressMaia wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 5:04 pm The Banning admin finally responded
you're 23 hours late
EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #708507

:oops:
Jacquerel wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 5:26 pm
EmpressMaia wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 5:04 pm The Banning admin finally responded
you're 23 hours late
:oops:
conrad

Post by conrad » #708509

Where's Kendrick? We're getting to page 5.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #708510

PAGE 5 LET'S GO I WOULD RATHER HEAR ABOUT STARSECTOR THAN READ ANY MORE OF THIS GISH GALLOPPING
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
conrad

Post by conrad » #708513

dendydoom wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 6:13 pm PAGE 5 LET'S GO I WOULD RATHER HEAR ABOUT STARSECTOR THAN READ ANY MORE OF THIS GISH GALLOPPING
GISH GALLOPPING
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Stabbystab
Byond Username: StabbyStab

Post by Stabbystab » #708514

Let’s lock it before we get to page 5 to really mess with kendrick
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #708515

conrad wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 5:55 pm Where's Kendrick? We're getting to page 5.
i have literally been counting down since page 3