Thanks, Vekter

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Thanks, Vekter

Post by Kendrickorium » #708656

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=35154

Thirty-one

Thirty-one is barely a beginning;
However, it's much more than just begun.
In time, of course, you will have had your inning,
Resting on the laurels you have won.
There is much in life to learn and know;
Years and theories tend to come and go.
One ought not think of losing or of winning,
Nor ought one play the game, except for fun.
Expertise is fast, but knowledge slow

https://www.poemsforfree.com/31.html
warbluke
Byond Username: Warbluke

Re: Thanks, Vekter

Post by warbluke » #708657

Excellent killstreak.
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #708659

how are people so fucking bad at writing appeals
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #708664

THANKS VEKTER!
YOU MADE ME WHAT I AM!
THANKS VEKTER!
I TOOK THE BOMBS AND RAN!
I TOOK THE BOMBS AND RAN!
I TOOK THE BOMBS...

aaaaand ran..! la-lalala-de-daaaaa
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TheBibleMelts

Post by TheBibleMelts » #708672

yeah, i used the bomb
Thaumic
Byond Username: Thaumic

Post by Thaumic » #708684

Impressive
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #708686

Writing appeals can be hard. And the average tism of the average ss13 player probably doesn't make it easier
chocolate_bickie
Byond Username: Chocolate_bickie

Post by chocolate_bickie » #708687

Jacquerel wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:45 pm how are people so fucking bad at writing appeals
Survivorship bias.

People who can talk their way out of a note usually do so in PMs.
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #708688

chocolate_bickie wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:50 am
Jacquerel wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:45 pm how are people so fucking bad at writing appeals
Survivorship bias.

No one has sent me any PMs to talk me out of giving them a note.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Imitates-The-Lizards
Byond Username: Typhnox

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #708689

conrad wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 11:26 am
Survivorship bias.

I think they meant they can talk their way out during ahelp
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

Post by TheRex9001 » #708691

I don't think you are able to just consent in post to a random shuttle bombing
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Kieth4

Post by kieth4 » #708692

I saw my name and shrimply do not want my death in any sense to be used to extend a punishment. I consent to everything unless I ahelp fr
conrad

Post by conrad » #708693

kieth4 wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 4:08 pm I saw my name and shrimply do not want my death in any sense to be used to extend a punishment. I consent to everything unless I ahelp fr
Kieth being populist so he can get the player vote a second time fr
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer

Post by Jacquerel » #708694

you understand "nobody should ever be punished for taking any action at all against me" isn't a stance that can reasonably exist on the server right?
it's impossible for players to know this, impossible for admins to know this, and impossible for anyone to reasonably act on that information

the idea that there'd be an appeal where someone breaks server rules but its ok because its on this list of people who are totally fine with it and then admins have to figure out if the player knew that or if they were acting at random but happened by chance to hit an acceptable target is absurd

you can't opt out of being subject to the server rules
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #708696

Jacquerel wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 4:27 pm you understand "nobody should ever be punished for taking any action at all against me" isn't a stance that can reasonably exist on the server right?
it's impossible for players to know this, impossible for admins to know this, and impossible for anyone to reasonably act on that information

the idea that there'd be an appeal where someone breaks server rules but its ok because its on this list of people who are totally fine with it and then admins have to figure out if the player knew that or if they were acting at random but happened by chance to hit an acceptable target is absurd

well he did all of this by posting on the appeal, so
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer

Post by Jacquerel » #708699

he didn't do all of that because he didn't (and can't) establish that the player knew that one of the 31 people he killed consented to it before doing it (because he didn't)
conrad

Post by conrad » #708700

iwishforducks wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 4:44 pm
Jacquerel wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 4:27 pm you understand "nobody should ever be punished for taking any action at all against me" isn't a stance that can reasonably exist on the server right?

Are you seriously standing by this take or is this trolling?
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin

Post by kieth4 » #708701

It's just my position on these things, I think bombing the shuttle is funny. (I do understand that it's against the rules and that it should be punished) but I do not want to be part of a number there for ban reason. This is it! There's nothing else for me to say really. Not much of an argument to have or anything because I think it's a p simple view. Ian cleard it up so it does not matter at the end of the day because regardless the names posted were not used specifically as part of the ban
Last edited by kieth4 on Sun Oct 22, 2023 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #708702

Kieth is one of the only people that ill always 100% believe with no concerns about ulterior motives he is just extremely based most of the time and even when he is wrong he is a simple honest hardworking terryan noob
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #708709

conrad wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 5:17 pm

the redundancy of my take is that jacquerel over thought the entire thing when all kieth wanted to do is say “i dont want to be part of the kill count” and that’s pretty much it.

chill.
TypicalRig
Byond Username: TypicalRig

Post by TypicalRig » #708713

Nobody gonna call out Kendrick, the queen of pointing out awful names, for this title? fine... I will step up to the plate.

0/10. Downright lazy. I was going to say at least you wrote a nice poem to go along with it, but then saw the link...
Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Post by Turbonerd » #708725

iwishforducks wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:52 pm
conrad wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 5:17 pm

the redundancy of my take is that jacquerel over thought the entire thing when all kieth wanted to do is say “i dont want to be part of the kill count” and that’s pretty much it.

chill.
If you don't want to be part of the kill count, then don't get killed.
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin

Post by kieth4 » #708765

My bad ashlyn, I'll try to have less of a skill issue going forward. Thanks for being a real 1
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #708767

Thanks, Vekter. literally worse than hitler.
(i didnt read the ban appeal)
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Tegun
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Tegun

Post by Tegun » #708769

Shouldn't this sort of multikill grant you a free syndicate battlecruiser or a nuke code token?
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #708774

Timonk wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:24 am Thanks, Vekter. literally worse than hitler.
All I did was post logs. It'd be like making the peanut name "Thanks, Archie" for doing his usual log diving.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #708798

Vekter wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 3:49 pm
Timonk wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:24 am Thanks, Vekter. literally worse than hitler.
All I did was post logs. It'd be like making the peanut name "Thanks, Archie" for doing his usual log diving.
See? Literally worse than Hitler.
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #708800

if keith4 was headadmin he would argue for this guy to get 31 days.
BlueMemesauce
Byond Username: BlueMemesauce

Post by BlueMemesauce » #708802

31 days for bombing the shuttle? that seems a bit excessive
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #708810

BlueMemesauce wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:45 pm 31 days for bombing the shuttle? that seems a bit excessive
As was stated in the appeal, the general rule for fucking about in a manner that gets multiple people killed is "24 hours plus 24 more per person killed". 31 people died. It's also just gross fucking negligence to see something that you 100% know is "a bomb" and intentionally set it off on the shuttle. I feel like the punishment is a little high, but the fuck-up was pretty damn big.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

Boot
Byond Username: B00t

Post by Boot » #708811

I agree with Vekter. I like set "do x get y" guidelines in the rules.
Image Image
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #708815

It's also worth noting that he hasn't responded to the post yet, but I'll give him a freebie if he reads the peanut - if you say "I'm sorry, I understand what I did was wrong and won't do it again", it'll probably be lowered.

We front-load most punishments like this really heavily because we want to discourage people from doing it, so that "24 hours per person dead" is usually just for people who go "Fuck you, I'm not sorry, I'll do it again".
Spoiler:

Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #708835

24hrs per dead person is our basic starting point.

What the player says can massively decrease this to a note or verbal warning, or cement it as an appropriate outcome, or can set the stage for a more harsh ban.

Sometimes we give bulk discounts on unjust killings where we'll round down. 7+ killings are usually just given a week.

However, shuttle bombing usually attracts less leniency in punishments because it's far easier for players to mass grief.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #708838

What kind of bomb/trigger was it anyway?
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
chocolate_bickie
Byond Username: Chocolate_bickie

Post by chocolate_bickie » #708840

Imitates-The-Lizards wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 11:41 am
Survivorship bias.

^
iain0
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Iain0

Post by iain0 » #708846

CPTANT wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 8:31 am What kind of bomb/trigger was it anyway?
Medium grade TTV (3/6/13 explosion), remote signaller fitted but not used, activated in hand.
conrad

Post by conrad » #708852

Survivorship bias.

No one has ever tried to talk me out of a note during an ahelp.

Closest thing to it was trying to talk me out of a ban I wasn't even planning to.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #708854

conrad wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:45 pm
Survivorship bias.

No one has ever tried to talk me out of a note during an ahelp.

Closest thing to it was trying to talk me out of a ban I wasn't even planning to.
In my experience players are better at talking themselves into bans than out of them. ProTip the best way to get out of a ban is "Oh, sorry, I won't do it again :)"