player acts like troll, is sentenced to live under a bridge peanut

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Scriptis
Byond Username: Scriptis

player acts like troll, is sentenced to live under a bridge peanut

Post by Scriptis » #708885

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=35171

this guy's an idiot
Spoiler:

Scriptis

Re: player acts like troll, is sentenced to live under a bridge peanut

Post by Scriptis » #708902

i have been informed not to call this player an idiot; as such, i am retracting that remark.

this guy's a moron

edit: i have been asked to provide context. the context is that this guy posted obvious flamebait, was told to stop posting flamebait, started posting more flamebait, and has now posted flamebait in the form of a ban appeal. as such i, scriptis, first of my name, do hereby designate this particular individual as a moron
Spoiler:

Justice12354
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Justice12354

Post by Justice12354 » #708905

i informed scriptis not to call this player an idiot, which led him to retract that remark; after reading the appeal, i am retracting my warning.

this guy's an idiot
Spoiler:
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #708909

gonna have to agree with the end bit that a large part of this community needs to be sheltered

stairmaster was recently banned from discord over calmly explaining a differing opinion and was then called a piece of shit after the fact by the banning admin
(this also just happened in a very recent ban appeal)

admins and coders have repeatedly put political shit into IC

the fact is that you can express all the political or societal opinions that you like, as long as they are Admin Approved Opinions™

i'm completely fine with being a safe, inclusive community but social media raised children these days are so fucking soft that anyone expressing a remotely dissenting opinion is immediately branded a misfit toy and cast out?
you guys can be as political as you want until someone is political in a way that you don't like?
i hate to break it to you but that isn't inclusive, that's sheltered.

this server gets people from all over the world, different cultures and different societies raised in innumerable different ways along side innumerable different kinds of people. you are going to get opinions you don't like.

I never got a chance to say this in the thread about the guy getting kicked out because he asked if this was a trans positive server, but that was your perfect opportunity to fucking teach someone, a literal teaching moment handed down to you from a higher power that could not have been more obvious, you could have said "hey, yeah we are, but stick around! maybe you'll change your mind about them! they are just people who want to play and enjoy the game, just like you!" instead you banned him and then posted a bunch of fucking frogs throughout the appeal of a guy genuinely wondering why you were all acting like fucking assholes.

you have no fucking clue how sad that was to see.
grow the fuck up and work on building a longer table instead of a taller fence.
Last edited by Kendrickorium on Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #708911

Last edited by Kendrickorium on Wed Oct 25, 2023 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scriptis

Post by Scriptis » #708914

Kendrickorium wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:36 pm grow the fuck up and work on building a longer table instead of a taller fence.
kendrick, this take is correct. you are correct.

however when you have a wealth of evidence that you're feeding the other end of the table into a woodchipper sometimes it's better to throw a brick and call an ambulance just in case
Spoiler:

Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #708915

Line 4087: [2022-09-16 13:57:33.071] SAY: Zipzipzapityzoo/(Brick Mensch) "let me go rape all my staff" (Brig (112,162,2))

sigh
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #708917

i would rather grow nuts and slam them in a cutlery drawer than ever have a serious conversation about politics on the tgstation forum, it is not a conversation that comes from a genuine place, it's just repping your set and airing vague frustrations to an invisible opponent that anyone can step in and embody so we can have some easily accessible scream therapy. if i'm gonna learn about someone in that way then it'll be when we're already friends and i understand you as more of a multi-faceted human being rather than a glowing username next to some mean words about me.

the only time i want to touch politics in this setting is when it affects my spaceman game and with regards to "jokes" like this i don't like them because i find them lazy, annoying and ultimately unfunny, not hateful. it's like they think they're the first mf to figure out that you can draw a big cock on the bathroom stall door with a sharpie. it's not exactly high art worth protecting.
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Kieth4

Post by kieth4 » #708919

Kendrickorium wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:36 pm admins and coders have repeatedly put political shit into IC

the fact is that you can express all the political or societal opinions that you like, as long as they are Admin Approved Opinions™
The thing is, this is kinda true and that sucks. The only political stuff you are allowed to do is stuff that admins support.

Unsure how I feel about it overall as there aren't clear drawn lines here for anything so it's hard and on an admin-by-admin basis.

Struggling to really fully get my thoughts out on this, might post another comment later when more discussion has been had/it's been edited. I obviously don't want to see the SS revived on ss13 but I do think there should be some leeway for edgy jokes/ic political positions on some stuff that isn't the approved version.
Scriptis

Post by Scriptis » #708920

kieth4 wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 4:11 pm The thing is, this is kinda true and that sucks. The only political stuff you are allowed to do is stuff that admins support.
if you drop the politics you still end up with:
scriptis wrote: The ban reason is: As an assistant, spray-painted low-effort politically-charged drivel on the chapel floor to bait OOC confrontation. In the ensuing ticket, attempted to bait the admin into politically-charged confrontation over said drivel instead of recognizing the root of the problem. Has a small novella's worth of Centcom notes, and has already been permanently banned prior for similar (sexually charged) drivel.
Spoiler:

iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #708923

⡏⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⣉⣩⣭⣉⣉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉
⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⡴⠋⢁⣀⠀⣀⡈⠙⢢⡀⠀⠒⠒⠂⣀⡤⠖⠒⠒⠒⠢⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢠⠏⠀⢰⣿⣿⡿⠛⠃⠀⠀⣹⠀⠀⠀⠸⡇⠀⠀⢰⣶⣤⣀⠀⠱⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣿⠀⠀⣾⠏⠉⠁⠀⢀⡠⠞⠋⠀⠀⠀⠀⠻⣄⠀⠀⠨⢿⣿⡷⠄⠸⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣠⡤⠿⡀⠈⠀⢀⣀⠤⠚⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠳⣄⠀⠀⠹⣷⡆⢀⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⡴⠋⠁⠀⢀⠝⠋⠙⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠳⣄⡀⠀⠀⡼⠃⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢠⢏⣴⠀⢀⡞⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠓⠚⠙⠢⡀⠀⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⡏⡞⢸⡄⠨⠄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠳⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠸⡇⡇⢸⣧⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⡖⢳⡄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡇⣷⠈⠉⢷⠀⢠⣀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣾⡧⣾⠃⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⡘⡆⠀⠙⣆⠀⠈⠑⠦⣤⣀⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⡤⠞⠋⢰⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣳⣳⠀⠀⠘⣆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠙⠛⠿⠶⢤⣤⠤⠤⠤⠤⠶⠆⠐⠂⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⢏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⡇⠀⠀⢀⣠⠴⠚⢉⣡⣡⡁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣸⣯⠇⢀⡄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⣇⡤⠖⣉⣀⣠⣴⠞⠋⠁⣷⠐⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣠⢞⠗⠁⣠⠟⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⡧⣚⠿⠛⠉⠊⠁⠀⠀⠀⣿⡄⢈⢳⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣴⠟⠂⠁⠀⠈⠁⣀⠔⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀
⡏⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣿⣇⠀⠳⡑⢄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣠⡾⠛⠁⠀⠀⢀⡠⠖⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⢀⠀⠰⢾⣿⡀⠀⠙⣆⠣⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣠⠞⣿⠇⠀⠀⠀⡴⠋⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⡇⠀⠀⠀⡠⠊⠁⠀⠀⠘⠈⣿⣧⠀⠀⠹⣦⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣰⠃⢀⡇⠀⠀⠀⠸⡿⡄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⡇⠀⡠⠊⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⣿⡀⠀⠀⠈⠃⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣰⠃⠀⠘⡆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⠼⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⣧⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣴⠃⠀⢄⠀⣧⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢣⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⡇⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⡤⠤⠴⢲⠃⠀⠀⠈⠳⢦⣤⣀⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠸⠁⠀⠀⠈⢧⢹⡄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⡆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⡇⠀⠈⠉⠉⠀⠀⠀⢀⠏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠀⠉⠙⠒⠒⠒⠀⠐⠒⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠀⢷⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢳⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⡞⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢠⣀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⡆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡼⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣠⠴⡄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣷⣤⡀⠀⠀⢻⡄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢹⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡼⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⣠⠞⠁⠀⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢠⣧⠀⠀⠀⠀⣾⡟⠛⠉⠙⠳⢦⣄⣧⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠧⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⠃⠀⠀⢀⡴⠊⠀⠀⠀⠀⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⡟⠸⡇⠀⠀⢸⠛⣧⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⢻⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⡇⠀⠀⠀⣸⠃⠀⢀⡴⠋⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢠⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⠁⢰⢿⠀⠀⡏⠀⠘⣷⡄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣧⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⡇⠀⠀⠸⡏⢀⡴⠋⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢘⡇⠀⠀⠀⣰⠃⡀⡀⢸⡇⠀⡇⠀⠀⣸⣷⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⡇⠀⠀⠀⡷⠋⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠨⡇⠀⠀⢰⠃⠀⠀⠀⢸⡇⢸⢃⣤⣾⣿⣿⣆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⡇⠀⠀⠀⠇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡇⠀⣰⠏⠀⠀⠀⠀⢹⡇⣼⣿⣿⡿⠉⠀⠹⣦⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠇⣰⠋⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⢡⣿⡿⠟⠀⠀⠀⠀⠙⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⠧⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠒⠛⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣸⡿⠀⠀⠀⢀⣸⣥⡤⠶⠒⠛⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⣇⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣠⣭⣥⣽⣶⣿⣿⣷⣦⣤⣤⣤⣤⣤⣦⣄⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #708927

lol wrote: 2023-10-25 04:05:39: Reply from zipzipzapityzoo: call me a relic but I thought people needed thick skin to use the internet
He's so brave for saying something so controversial.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Post by Turbonerd » #708928

Kendrickorium wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:36 pm admins and coders have repeatedly put political shit into IC

I have never seen this happen. Are there any examples? Either ways, most political topics are probably not a concern in the 26th century, so it's kinda cringe to see it in this game. Fail RP.
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin

Post by kieth4 » #708929

Scriptis wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 4:30 pm
kieth4 wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 4:11 pm The thing is, this is kinda true and that sucks. The only political stuff you are allowed to do is stuff that admins support.
if you drop the politics you still end up with:
scriptis wrote: The ban reason is: As an assistant, spray-painted low-effort politically-charged drivel on the chapel floor to bait OOC confrontation. In the ensuing ticket, attempted to bait the admin into politically-charged confrontation over said drivel instead of recognizing the root of the problem. Has a small novella's worth of Centcom notes, and has already been permanently banned prior for similar (sexually charged) drivel.
Yeh that's true I suppose. But my point about politics still stands rlly
GPeckman
Byond Username: GPeckman

Post by GPeckman » #708930

Honestly, my thoughts on this are similar to the l-word. If you absolutely must have some IC racism or politics, be more creative than just copying real world political issues. Maybe do something like "xeno lives matter" instead, if you see medbay removing xeno larva from some unfortunate scientists. It works as IC politics while still being obviously a joke OOC.
Soyoboyo
Byond Username: Soyoboyo

Post by Soyoboyo » #708931

Turbonerd wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 4:56 pm
I have never seen this happen. Are there any examples? Either ways, most political topics are probably not a concern in the 26th century, so it's kinda cringe to see it in this game. Fail RP.
Yeah so theoretically trans rights have been completely solved and everyone has super gender-swap surgery that completely converts all your cells to XX or XY on the genetic level so you can be perfectly transgender, but yet there's trans pins and graffiti. I'm not saying (for my own safety!) that I don't like trans pride or whatever, but this is clearly "an[] example" of political topics that are DIRECTLY supported by admins, and the removal of such warrants a ban.
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=34827
I literally never heard of NAMBLA before this note but here's an example of something political (trans pride flag) that an admin DOES support and something political (NAMBLA graffiti) that and admin DOESN'T support, even though both of these things are 21st century "Fail RP."
technokek
Byond Username: Technokek

Post by technokek » #708934

Fun fact if you dont put the lgbtq charity on the first spot in the ingame poll you will be banned.
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #708936

Soyoboyo wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:26 pm
Yeah so theoretically trans rights have been completely solved and everyone has super gender-swap surgery that completely converts all your cells to XX or XY on the genetic level so you can be perfectly transgender, but yet there's trans pins and graffiti. I'm not saying (for my own safety!) that I don't like trans pride or whatever, but this is clearly "an[] example" of political topics that are DIRECTLY supported by admins, and the removal of such warrants a ban.
I literally never heard of NAMBLA before this note but here's an example of something political (trans pride flag) that an admin DOES support and something political (NAMBLA graffiti) that and admin DOESN'T support, even though both of these things are 21st century "Fail RP."
Writing "you are a pedophile" on a trans flag is hate speech while drawing a trans flag isn't, I hope this helps
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TheBibleMelts

Post by TheBibleMelts » #708940

he makes a lot of rape jokes ingame for a pro-lifer. or maybe not enough. i don't know. he's quality control banned from my perspective and I have no temptations to abort that action.
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin

Post by kieth4 » #708942

TheBibleMelts wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:47 pm he makes a lot of rape jokes ingame for a pro-lifer. or maybe not enough. i don't know. he's quality control banned from my perspective and I have no temptations to abort that action.
That's entirely fair.
Soyoboyo

Post by Soyoboyo » #708943

Jacquerel wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:40 pm
Writing "you are a pedophile" on a trans flag is hate speech while drawing a trans flag isn't, I hope this helps
See this doesn't because what he did first was simply start erasing the flags. Based on Vekter's quote:
Had things simply stayed as "I was ordered to get rid of them", it would be on the CMO, not the both of you.
simply the act of removing the political symbol is in itself a rule violation, not to mention the NAMBLA sprays. If I spray paint the American flag or something on the floor, the janitor's probably not going to catch shit from admins for wiping it up with soap or something. But since he started removing trans pride floor tiles and gets shit for it, this implies that trans pride flag has a meta protection. Therefore, validating the argument that certain political symbols have protections by the admins.

Humor me by ignoring my NAMBLA argument and address why simply wiping up the trans pride flag like any other political symbol catches you flak.

Still don't support either of these guys though.
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #708944

Oh my fuck everytime someone makes a rape joke I have to circumvent my round to kill them.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Post by Cheshify » #708948

Jonathan Gupta wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:53 pm Oh my fuck everytime someone makes a rape joke I have to circumvent my round to kill them.
If you ahelp them making rape jokes I'll give you a Gyroget pistol to do it with before I ban them
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #708949

Cheshify wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 6:07 pm
Jonathan Gupta wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:53 pm Oh my fuck everytime someone makes a rape joke I have to circumvent my round to kill them.
If you ahelp them making rape jokes I'll give you a Gyroget pistol to do it with before I ban them
I have the crew beat them to death, the gyroget would be used to kill myself and others.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Scriptis

Post by Scriptis » #708950

Soyoboyo wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:51 pm Humor me by ignoring my NAMBLA argument and address why simply wiping up the trans pride flag like any other political symbol catches you flak.

Still don't support either of these guys though.
we don't ban political speech sir we ban bigotry and low-effort trolling

edit: i had to google what nambla is. mate it's not complicated: the shit you linked is bigotry, not all gay people are pedophiles, minors can't consent, and i don't even know what you're arguing for at this point
Last edited by Scriptis on Wed Oct 25, 2023 6:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Spoiler:

Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #708951

Gender identity is not political. This is a "you" problem.

I'm not entertaining the "what if I just want to clean it up" argument. It's a vibe check. If you clean up all graffiti and don't act like a shithead about it, you pass. If you clean up only the pride flags and get pissy about it when I ask you why, you fail.

E: I would also slap people for spraypainting "SUPPORT UKRAINE" or "FREE PALESTINE" in-game. Those are objectively political statements. Anything involving LGBT+ matters is not politics. There's an objective correct and incorrect answer to the matter. Tell me which one you think is right and I'll tell you if you get banned.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #708952

the trans flag looks cool so it inherently gets a pass
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
Boot
Byond Username: B00t

Post by Boot » #708953

Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 6:19 pm
Gender identity is not political. This is a "you" problem.

I'm not entertaining the "what if I just want to clean it up" argument. It's a vibe check. If you clean up all graffiti and don't act like a shithead about it, you pass. If you clean up only the pride flags and get pissy about it when I ask you why, you fail.
Gender Identity is political in the current reality. This isn't even a question right now. American society is currently tackling the trans issue with what are they? To what extent do they exist? How welcoming ought we be to people who arn't gender conforming? I get that you think that these are all very simple and fall along morally good/bad lines but the fact of the matter is that they are a hot button issue that people are going to use to help guide them in who they are voting for in the political process.
Image Image
Boot

Post by Boot » #708954

Must get pretty tiring killing all those ais.
Image Image
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #708955

It was ironic yall don't get it he was being ironic it was just irony learn some humor.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #708956

Boot wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 6:36 pm Gender Identity is political in the current reality. This isn't even a question right now. American society is currently tackling the trans issue with what are they? To what extent do they exist? How welcoming ought we be to people who arn't gender conforming? I get that you think that these are all very simple and fall along morally good/bad lines but the fact of the matter is that they are a hot button issue that people are going to use to help guide them in who they are voting for in the political process.
The right is trying to make it into a political matter, but what is in someone's pants is not the business of the government or anyone but that person. You can argue until you're blue in the face, but it's not a good faith argument to say it's political just because there are people in our government who are pushing the matter.

We will not be banning people who want to display support for trans people or any other part of the LGBT spectrum. If you really want to call it hypocritical because we ban all other references to current day politics, then go right ahead. It's not going to change anything, but if it makes you feel better to think I'm a big ol' meanie, then by all means.
Spoiler:

Scriptis

Post by Scriptis » #708957

Boot wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 6:36 pm Gender Identity is political in the current reality. This isn't even a question right now. American society is currently tackling the trans issue with what are they? To what extent do they exist? How welcoming ought we be to people who arn't gender conforming? I get that you think that these are all very simple and fall along morally good/bad lines but the fact of the matter is that they are a hot button issue that people are going to use to help guide them in who they are voting for in the political process.
sir we don't ban political speech we ban bigotry here

edit: though we mostly just banned the guy in op for being an asshole
edit 2: if your political ideology includes "be an asshole to <insert group here>" or "be bigoted towards <insert group here>" then yes those politics are not allowed in this community thank you
edit 3: you can still have them but not here
edit 4: you can find our official policy on political speech here
Last edited by Scriptis on Wed Oct 25, 2023 6:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Spoiler:

conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #708958

This is true. Staff members get away with a lot of shit just by virtue of being a staff member.

However, those two things aren't related. You're peddling someone who makes jokes about raping people with the social justice of /tg/ of "down with the admins".

Bad flag to raise if you ask me.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #708961

Kendrickorium wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:36 pm stairmaster was recently banned from discord over calmly explaining a differing opinion and was then called a piece of shit after the fact by the banning admin
(this also just happened in a very recent ban appeal)
for context as the banning admin

stairmaster was banned for denying a genocide in politics on topic
shut the fuck up
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #708962

Boot wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 6:37 pm
Must get pretty tiring killing all those ais.
I dont know if you mean ai's as in ai players or ai's as in people who are bots
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Boot

Post by Boot » #708963

Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 6:43 pm
The right is trying to make it into a political matter, but what is in someone's pants is not the business of the government or anyone but that person. You can argue until you're blue in the face, but it's not a good faith argument to say it's political just because there are people in our government who are pushing the matter.

We will not be banning people who want to display support for trans people or any other part of the LGBT spectrum. If you really want to call it hypocritical because we ban all other references to current day politics, then go right ahead. It's not going to change anything, but if it makes you feel better to think I'm a big ol' meanie, then by all means.
I 100% agree that nothing that goes on in ones pants is a political question. What is a political question is if my tax money is going to pay for any medicine of surgery to alleviate their mental issues. Even just calling it a mental issue is a political problem now because some people just want self ID.
Image Image
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #708964

Boot wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:11 pm
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 6:43 pm

I 100% agree that nothing that goes on in ones pants is a political question. What is a political question is if my tax money is going to pay for any medicine of surgery to alleviate their mental issues. Even just calling it a mental issue is a political problem now because some people just want self ID.
So you think there's this big conspiracy where the evil transgenders want to steal your tax money for...reasons, idk.

What is your angle here? What are you trying to say?

E: More importantly, what are you trying to achieve? Do you even know?
Last edited by conrad on Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Scriptis

Post by Scriptis » #708965

Boot wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:11 pm I 100% agree that nothing that goes on in ones pants is a political question. What is a political question is if my tax money is going to pay for any medicine of surgery to alleviate their mental issues. Even just calling it a mental issue is a political problem now because some people just want self ID.
your tax money should absolutely pay into a social healthcare system
all health services should be covered by that social healthcare system
mental health is health

therefore

mental health should be funded with your taxes
Spoiler:

Boot

Post by Boot » #708966

Scriptis wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 6:47 pm
sir we don't ban political speech we ban bigotry here

edit: though we mostly just banned the guy in op for being an asshole
edit 2: if your political ideology includes "be an asshole to <insert group here>" or "be bigoted towards <insert group here>" then yes those politics are not allowed in this community thank you
edit 3: you can still have them but not here
edit 4: you can find our official policy on political speech here
"x isn't political"
"x is political"
Why do you read that and feel the need to clarify that only bigotry is banned? If you want to threaten me just come out and do it.
Image Image
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #708967

see yall on page 7 when this thread gets REALLY juicy
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
Boot

Post by Boot » #708968

Scriptis wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:15 pm
Boot wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:11 pm I 100% agree that nothing that goes on in ones pants is a political question. What is a political question is if my tax money is going to pay for any medicine of surgery to alleviate their mental issues. Even just calling it a mental issue is a political problem now because some people just want self ID.
mental health is health

therefore

So are you going to pretend like the existence of a vast and expensive "social healthcare system" isn't a political question or can you just cede this point?
Image Image
Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #708969

dendydoom wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:16 pm see yall on page 7 when this thread gets REALLY juicy
Ill bet you page 2-3 are better
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Scriptis

Post by Scriptis » #708971

Boot wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:16 pm "x isn't political"
"x is political"
Why do you read that and feel the need to clarify that only bigotry is banned? If you want to threaten me just come out and do it.
this shit is being mixed up with freedom of speech/political alignment/censorship/whatever. at the end of the day political leanings should just be blacked out with a marker to decide whether something breaks the rules

i'm not threatening you
Spoiler:

Scriptis

Post by Scriptis » #708972

Boot wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:17 pm
mental health is health

therefore

So are you going to pretend like the existence of a vast and expensive "social healthcare system" isn't a political question or can you just cede this point?
my response was political and i'm not ceding to it because i literally left this shithole for this "shithole" because one of the two of them destroyed their economy. you'll never guess which one

vote for what you want, just remember that when everyone packs their shit and leaves (read: m'ssippi) it's probably your fault mate
Spoiler:

Boot

Post by Boot » #708973

Scriptis wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:19 pm
Boot wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:16 pm "x isn't political"
"x is political"
this shit is being mixed up with freedom of speech/political alignment/censorship/whatever. at the end of the day political leanings should just be blacked out with a marker to decide whether something breaks the rules

i'm not threatening you
Ok, I know you just like throwing a link towards the rules in discussions that arn't even talking about them.
Image Image
Scriptis

Post by Scriptis » #708974

Boot wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:23 pm Ok, I know you just like throwing a link towards the rules in discussions that arn't even talking about them.
???

can you please clarify in a few sentences what exactly you'd like me to answer because i'm half talking about the just and blind enforcement of the rules (my admin hat) and i'm half talking about stupid bullshit that drove me to the point of leaving my country of origin (my regular human being with a career and social interests hat)
Spoiler:

Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Post by Thunder11 » #708976

Touch grass
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
Soyoboyo

Post by Soyoboyo » #708977

conrad wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 6:54 pm

This is true. Staff members get away with a lot of shit just by virtue of being a staff member.

However, those two things aren't related. You're peddling someone who makes jokes about raping people with the social justice of /tg/ of "down with the admins".

Bad flag to raise if you ask me.
I think we're just using this guy's case as a litmus test to see how fucked we are for expressing our own opinions because we're so radically on the other side of the spectrum from the admin team. Again, I feel the need to defend myself by saying that I still don't agree with this guy, but if we were all plotted on a political spectrum I'd be like 1/4 to the right which is only 3/4 away from this guy (at the farthest right) compared to 4/4 to the admin team (I'm guessing around 3/4 to the left based on what I see).
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 6:43 pm We will not be banning people who want to display support for trans people or any other part of the LGBT spectrum. If you really want to call it hypocritical because we ban all other references to current day politics, then go right ahead. It's not going to change anything, but if it makes you feel better to think I'm a big ol' meanie, then by all means.
It's not that anyone's trying to "ban[] people who want to display support for trans people or any other part of the LGBT spectrum," it's that expressing any ideas outside of the expected and vetted opinions nets you a sniper scope to the forehead from the admins. The Intern John ban seems to be such a case but I didn't actually read it that closely so I could be wrong.
Boot

Post by Boot » #708978

Scriptis wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:20 pm
Boot wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:17 pm
mental health is health

therefore

my response was political and i'm not ceding to it because i literally left this shithole for this "shithole" because one of the two of them destroyed their economy. you'll never guess which one

vote for what you want, just remember that when everyone packs their shit and leaves (read: m'ssippi) it's probably your fault mate
Oh yeah I'm sure everyone is leaving those red states in droves to California. Oh wait what's that its the other way around, what a wacky world.
Image Image
Scriptis

Post by Scriptis » #708979

Boot wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:26 pm Oh yeah I'm sure everyone is leaving those red states in droves to California. Oh wait what's that its the other way around, what a wacky world.
sir can you please provide extraordinary evidence for this extraordinary claim
Spoiler: