Player's club weeps for two nuts removed

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Player's club weeps for two nuts removed

Post by conrad » #709982

viewtopic.php?f=83&t=35226
viewtopic.php?f=83&t=35230

Is this the end of peanut threads? Or maybe permaban peanut threads? Is this an isolated incident 'cos one peanut was locked for...reasons, and the other was locked 'cos the first one was as well in a short amount of time?

Should the player's club be denutted? The horror.

Obviously don't discuss the actual bans like this is a peanut for both unless you want the thread locked. Or do, I can't tell you what to do :^)
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Re: Player's club weeps for two nuts removed

Post by Capsandi » #709983

local gamemin forgets peanutting locked threads ends in forum BLACKLIST BLACKLIST YOU FUCKED UP YOU FUCKED UP!!!
BLACKLIST BLACKLIST YOU FUCKED UP YOU FUCKED UP!!!
BLACKLIST BLACKLIST YOU FUCKED UP YOU FUCKED UP!!!
KILL HIM I NEED TO SEE FORUM BLOOD
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
Ziiro
Byond Username: Ziiro
Github Username: Ziiro

Post by Ziiro » #709994

>can't peanut post
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #710008

stop posting badly and the threads won’t get locked
4head
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
zergking
Byond Username: Zergking

Post by zergking » #710062

Minor complaint, peanut threads are made for everyone. Why are these players exempt from a peanut thread?
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #710064

asking an admin politely to close a thread is fine. not everyone gets a laugh at everyone flinging shit on their windows.

i'm convinced its just to stop me from starsector posting though which they have now done THREE TIMES.
Chadley
Byond Username: Armodias

Post by Chadley » #710067

That dog in me was neutered. Headmins hate us.
► Show Spoiler
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #710075

zergking wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 1:53 am Minor complaint, peanut threads are made for everyone. Why are these players exempt from a peanut thread?
Because one of them outed themselves as having some sort of mental illness. If they stay permabanned and that peanut thread stays up dog piling them then the narrative becomes tgstation is a place that cyberbullies the mentally ill. Regardless of how factual that narrative is.

Seth's thread should stay open though, literally 1984.
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #710094

my bals
Constellado
Byond Username: Constellado

Post by Constellado » #710131

What happened in Seth's thread anyway? Why did it even get locked? Was there deleted posts or something?

Looking at it after not looking at the forums for a few days and I'm so confused.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Constellado

Post by Constellado » #710133

Holy shit some big things happened while I was not checking the forums.

Goodness me.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #710151

Constellado wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 5:41 am What happened in Seth's thread anyway? Why did it even get locked? Was there deleted posts or something?

Looking at it after not looking at the forums for a few days and I'm so confused.
the admins got caught out being biased towards one person so they had to close seths to not look sus instead of just admitting they like other people better than seth
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #710153

Constellado wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 6:01 am Holy shit some big things happened while I was not checking the forums.

Goodness me.
The one day I don't check the forums this happens, figures.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
saprasam
Byond Username: Saprasam

Post by saprasam » #710154

this new headmin term is terrible at letting the peanuts actually play out instead of forcibly leading them out back to be shot
(FORMER) tgmc admin (I HAVE REGAINED MY HUMAN RIGHTS)
Constellado

Post by Constellado » #710165

oranges wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:52 am
Constellado wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 5:41 am What happened in Seth's thread anyway? Why did it even get locked? Was there deleted posts or something?

the admins got caught out being biased towards one person so they had to close seths to not look sus instead of just admitting they like other people better than seth
That can't be the whole story.
...is it?

There are no rule breaking posts in there... Some wonderful memes. Talks about golems... Was stuff deleted or was it really locked for a single comment referencing another peanut thread?
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
cSeal
Byond Username: O0cyann0o

Post by cSeal » #710178

forget starsector im just gonna mention xpokee whenever i want a thread to get closed
► Show Spoiler
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #710179

saprasam wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:35 am this new headmin term is terrible at letting the peanuts actually play out instead of forcibly leading them out back to be shot
tbh most of the peanuts that outlive the actual appeal process turn into goddamn cesspools so I'd be perfectly okay with a rule that we lock them once the appeal is resolved.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #710187

Xpokee’s peanut shouldn’t have been locked because there wasn’t a legitimate reason for it and now whenever a peanut is opened it has to be held to similar standards (or it doesn’t but it would look really odd)

I understand xpokee was a liked person but peanut threads are a catharsis, where everyone gives their 2 cents from players to admins to MSO and then leave it at that. The person in question wouldn’t even be exposed to the peanut thread as they are not in the players club
conrad

Post by conrad » #710190

TheLoLSwat wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 7:05 pm The person in question wouldn’t even be exposed to the peanut thread as they are not in the players club
It is a common practice in the admin team to let banning admins know not to go to peanut threads as there is nothing to be gained there. If your ruling is wrong you should just handle it in the appeal and take the L in that case.

Players should honestly do the same; don't go to your own peanut.

Folks ignore it anyway but there you go.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #710194

i don't think we need to hold player's club to such high standards it's the shitposting gossip circle forum

sometimes peanuts are good because bans can be complex and it helps to hear alternative viewpoints to different aspects of them but people were just looking to tear into seth and marianne who were banned on pretty clear grounds so i really don't care that they were locked
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #710231

Which jackass is genuinely locking nuts

This is the goddang revived Hut, we should not be moderating it like the rest of the forums
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #710236

I only ever really care when a peanut has very clearly outlived its ability to be valuable (have actual discussion) or becomes a toxic cesspit.
Hugs
Bawhoppennn
Github User

Post by Bawhoppennn » #710238

I don't suppose that means you're going to actually unlock them though
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #710244

No lol, not my call to make (or forum jannies/GM's anyways) really even if I wanted to. Not that I'm invested enough to begin with, but y'all need to trust there is a reason for it.
Hugs
Constellado

Post by Constellado » #710248

So there really was not any deleted posts in Seth's peanut? It was litterally locked because the ban appeal is over?

Since when was that a thing? Closing peanuts when the ban appeal is finished... When the discussions in the peanut are not over and still have fun memes and unfinished discussions about game mechanics. I wanted to make a comment about one of the images posted there, but alas. I cannot.

I understand xpokees one being locked, but not Seth's thread.

:x
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #710260

Constellado wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 2:14 am So there really was not any deleted posts in Seth's peanut? It was litterally locked because the ban appeal is over?

Since when was that a thing? Closing peanuts when the ban appeal is finished... When the discussions in the peanut are not over and still have fun memes and unfinished discussions about game mechanics. I wanted to make a comment about one of the images posted there, but alas. I cannot.

I understand xpokees one being locked, but not Seth's thread.

:x
xpokee's thread was locked because... uh... truth be told i don't think they can handle the nastiness of a peanut thread.

seth's peanut was locked to save face for that decision. on any other day seth's thread would have stayed open but lolswat/lisa kinda pointed out the hypocrisy neatly:
TheLoLSwat wrote:does this peanut thread stay up because seth is slightly more of a lolcow with his (clearly unhealthy) ss13 addiction than xpokee?
tbh not too sure where i stand on whether or not the peanut(s) should've stayed open. in a mean way i think xpokee's should've stayed open, because clearly xpokee has admin friends and clearly that tipped the favor of closing the thread. seth's thread would've never been closed because admins liked him- quite the opposite, even. at the same time i have talked to both xpokee and seth before and so i think xpokee's should've been locked and seth's should've stayed open.

/shrug so i simply do not care that those two threads were locked
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TheBibleMelts

Post by TheBibleMelts » #710265

if seth says he wants his peanut open, i'll reopen it
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #710267

conrad wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 7:36 pm
TheLoLSwat wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 7:05 pm The person in question wouldn’t even be exposed to the peanut thread as they are not in the players club
It is a common practice in the admin team to let banning admins know not to go to peanut threads as there is nothing to be gained there. If your ruling is wrong you should just handle it in the appeal and take the L in that case.

admins should absolutely be ENCOURAGED to go into peanut threads especially the banning ones

i shouldn't have to explain why
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #710327

Kendrickorium wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 3:45 am

admins should absolutely be ENCOURAGED to go into peanut threads especially the banning ones

explain why.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #710339

Not-Dorsidarf wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 4:07 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 3:45 am admins should absolutely be ENCOURAGED to go into peanut threads especially the banning ones

explain why.
https://youtube.com/watch?v=sXE8LdXzeHM
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master

Post by TheBibleMelts » #710386

explain why.
it can help give perspective on player actions from a side that isn't the all-seeing eye type that the ban was likely made on. it can help brainstorm what people feel the proper response should have been, or help the players/admin find precedents together or point out possible hypocrisies.
conrad

Post by conrad » #710561

TheBibleMelts wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 11:52 pm

explain why.
it can help give perspective on player actions from a side that isn't the all-seeing eye type that the ban was likely made on. it can help brainstorm what people feel the proper response should have been, or help the players/admin find precedents together or point out possible hypocrisies.
No.

The peanut does not matter. I should never matter.

It's there for entertainment.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master

Post by TheBibleMelts » #710564

conrad wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 11:39 pm

explain why.
No.

The peanut does not matter. I should never matter.

it shouldn't, but sometimes it do
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #710565

i pray that if i were an admin i would have the self restraint not to violate the posters code and start arguing in my own peanut
also if i was a player but im a perfect angel who isnt going to need to make an appeal (I dont play the game)
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #710592

conrad wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 11:39 pm

explain why.
so's your local news station
Bawhoppennn
Github User

Post by Bawhoppennn » #710756

Honestly it woulda been kinda funny if TBM insta-locked this thread too