They're gone

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Pepper
Byond Username: ANIMETIDDIES

They're gone

Post by Pepper » #709989

Bottom post of the previous page:

help
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Re: They're gone

Post by conrad » #710068

zxaber wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:01 am Ignoring everything else, holding funerals for those permabanned is funny and should be encouraged. Just, y'know, leave out the rest.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
mrmelbert
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Mr Melbert

Post by mrmelbert » #710069

zxaber wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:01 am Ignoring everything else, holding funerals for those permabanned is funny and should be encouraged. Just, y'know, leave out the rest.
Admin: December 2020 - Present
Code Maintainer: December 2021 - Present
Head Admin: Feburary 2022 - September 2022
Youtube Guy: sometimes

Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #710070

AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #710071

Honestly it's pretty dumb that these permabanned people took a stand in solidarity for doing one of probably just three or four things every online service will ban you for strictly for liability risk management reasons (i.e. someone tells someone to kill themselves and supposing they do then the whole server gets stained as some kind of place that tries to encourage suicide).
They're not being nearly as clever as they think they are.
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #710072

Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
Boot
Byond Username: B00t

Post by Boot » #710074

dirk_mcblade wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:37 am Honestly it's pretty dumb that these permabanned people took a stand in solidarity for doing one of probably just three or four things every online service will ban you for strictly for liability risk management reasons (i.e. someone tells someone to kill themselves and supposing they do then the whole server gets stained as some kind of place that tries to encourage suicide).
??????????????????????????
Image Image
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #710076

Boot wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:43 am
dirk_mcblade wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:37 am Honestly it's pretty dumb that these permabanned people took a stand in solidarity for doing one of probably just three or four things every online service will ban you for strictly for liability risk management reasons (i.e. someone tells someone to kill themselves and supposing they do then the whole server gets stained as some kind of place that tries to encourage suicide).
Tell someone to kill themselves on Facebook, twitch, or literally anywhere else and see how long your account stays unbanned.
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #710077

No, it isn’t. Don’t do this. Don’t encourage it. Do not honor assholes who were removed for being assholes.
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
Boot

Post by Boot » #710078

dirk_mcblade wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:45 am
Tell someone to kill themselves on Facebook, twitch, or literally anywhere else and see how long your account stays unbanned.
Do you think if I told someone to kill themself on facebook that facebook is at all liable for that?
Do you think that if hosted a dedicated minecraft server that I could be held liable for others telling people to kill themselves?
Like I could understand an admin trying this lie but from how you misused para-social you might just be that lost.
Image Image
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #710088

Boot wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:49 am
Do you think if I told someone to kill themself on facebook that facebook is at all liable for that?
Do you think that if hosted a dedicated minecraft server that I could be held liable for others telling people to kill themselves?
Like I could understand an admin trying this lie but from how you misused para-social you might just be that lost.
Take it up with the court systems and not with me.
Online services absolutely do catch lawsuits when somebody using them kills themselves.
https://www.nbc15.com/2022/04/14/wrongf ... nsin-teen/
stairmaster
Byond Username: Stairmaster

Post by stairmaster » #710092

Boot

Post by Boot » #710095

dirk_mcblade wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:56 am
Online services absolutely do catch lawsuits when somebody using them kills themselves.
Thanks for showing that you are just trolling as you didn't even bother to read the article you posted.
This does make me wonder something else, why suck the admin cock so much? What do you have to gain? Like admins are big boys they don't need you lying to try to defend their honor.
Image Image
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Post by RaveRadbury » #710096

stairmaster wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:58 am
stairmaster

Post by stairmaster » #710097

are they gonna ban me next...
stairmaster

Post by stairmaster » #710098

im shaking
conrad

Post by conrad » #710099

stairmaster wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 3:05 am are they gonna ban me next...
Yes.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
stairmaster

Post by stairmaster » #710101

recently someone got banned; my head is spinning
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #710102

Boot wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 3:03 am
dirk_mcblade wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:56 am
Thanks for showing that you are just trolling as you didn't even bother to read the article you posted.
This does make me wonder something else, why suck the admin cock so much? What do you have to gain? Like admins are big boys they don't need you lying to try to defend their honor.
Hm, who do I trust more. The legal expertise of online user "boot" or the attorney Matthew Bergman representing the plaintiff.
Also I'm not sure I'd describe being against people telling people to kill themselves makes me an admin sycophant. Is being a decent person towards strangers really too much of an ask for you?
Chadley
Byond Username: Armodias

Post by Chadley » #710103

Atlanta-Ned wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:48 am
No, it isn’t. Don’t do this. Don’t encourage it. Do not honor assholes who were removed for being assholes.
► Show Spoiler
stairmaster

Post by stairmaster » #710104

dirk_mcblade wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 3:10 am
Hm, who do I trust more. The legal expertise of online user "boot" or the attorney Matthew Bergman representing the plaintiff.
Also I'm not sure I'd describe being against people telling people to kill themselves makes me an admin sycophant. Is being a decent person towards strangers really too much of an ask for you?
insert nerd emoji here
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #710106

stairmaster wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 3:12 am
insert nerd emoji here
Oh fuck. Owned.
conrad

Post by conrad » #710107

It's possible to have positive and fun experiences with someone who's turns out to be a complete dickhead and should be removed from the community, and I think bro should be allowed to celebrate the good times before his homie got punted into the sun imo.
dirk_mcblade wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 3:13 am
stairmaster wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 3:12 am
insert nerd emoji here
Oh fuck. Owned.
I don't think you can recover from this.
Last edited by conrad on Mon Nov 06, 2023 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
MooCow12
Byond Username: MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #710108

Jonathan Gupta wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 1:29 am Talon? Who the fuck cares about talon.
Everyone that went to the funeral and then some.
List of my favorite TG Staff.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
cSeal wrote: TLDR suck my nuts you bald bitch
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #710109

It's a good time to be an enjoyer of funerals for banned players you can hold so many right now
DaydreamIQ
Byond Username: DaydreamIQ

Post by DaydreamIQ » #710110

This is like the time a dozen players got temp bans for mass suiciding to end the round, only this time they totally deserved it. There's better ways to give feedback people god damn
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Post by Cheshify » #710112

Our standards are way below mass gatherings telling people to oocly kill themselves, I don't know why people thought this was in any was okay.

Edit: I am very tired I meant our standards are above this dumb shit.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
MooCow12
Byond Username: MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #710114

Cheshify wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 3:45 am Our standards are way below mass gatherings telling people to oocly kill themselves, I don't know why people thought this was in any was okay.
...dont....dont you mean above?
List of my favorite TG Staff.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
cSeal wrote: TLDR suck my nuts you bald bitch
Thaumic
Byond Username: Thaumic

Post by Thaumic » #710115

this is a videogame you weirdo
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master

Post by Cheshify » #710116

MooCow12 wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 3:52 am
Cheshify wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 3:45 am Our standards are way below mass gatherings telling people to oocly kill themselves, I don't know why people thought this was in any was okay.
I do I'm just very tired from today thank you for pointing this out.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #710117

lock the thread
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #710118

saprasam
Byond Username: Saprasam

Post by saprasam » #710119

lmfao this shits hilarious
(FORMER) tgmc admin (I HAVE REGAINED MY HUMAN RIGHTS)
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #710121

saprasam wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:27 am lmfao this shits hilarious
I had some people ask me a while back why I still bother with a game this old and with such an awful engine. Where the fuck am I going to get situations like this? Why would I quit when I have hours of free entertainment just from watching the ban list?
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #710122

MooCow12 wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 3:52 am
Cheshify's secret agenda finally revealed
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #710124

I was expecting a train but I'll be honest, I'm not disappointed.
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #710126

Timber would have a snarky essay length post in here by now about why and how this was necessary and important

bringing together the people who are glad the banned got banned and those that have yet to reveal their power levels

Timber why did you leave us

you must unite the clans..
warbluke
Byond Username: Warbluke

Post by warbluke » #710128

iwishforducks wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:35 pm what the FUCK happened here
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master

Post by Cheshify » #710129

Kendrickorium wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 5:03 am Timber would have a snarky essay length post in here by now about why and how this was necessary and important

bringing together the people who are glad the banned got banned and those that have yet to reveal their power levels

Timber why did you leave us
I don't have Timber energy but I can just be earnest about my thoughts surrounding everything. You guys did vote me in for that after all.

---

Truth be told, this really sucks. We had a lot of players make a choice to escalate a silly game past the confines of Among Us with Clowns to OOC Harassment of another human being. I feel bad for Justice, for the banned that I had a load of respect for, for the people who are friends with everyone involved.

I just have no idea what these guys were thinking when they saw someone get permabanned for [Action] and then chose to repeat the exact same [Action] as a group and then post about it everywhere. What did they think would happen? Like, you actively and intentionally break the exact rules about not being a dick that got your friends banned, Fuck Around and Find Out I suppose.

No snark here, just disbelief and sadness.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #710130

CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #710134

Vekter wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:49 am
I had some people ask me a while back why I still bother with a game this old and with such an awful engine. Where the fuck am I going to get situations like this? Why would I quit when I have hours of free entertainment just from watching the ban list?
Even when I'm taking time away from burnout, I adore the free entertainment that is the Public Bans list.
iansdoor
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Iansdoor

Post by iansdoor » #710135

I gotta say, I didn't see that one bit of the funeral coming. I self-smited myself out of that situation. Funeral itself, was bitter sweet ic roleplay moment.

There is weird distinction between meeting Talon from the moment they first joined tg till now current, IC and then OoC aspect. I can hope they either drop evil spess game or just consider playing less Sk3 and more of their characters. Very mixed actions at the end and tended to be ooc in ic.

Holy shit, borb.
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #710137

Vekter wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:49 am
If you’re ever bored, look for another server’s forums and go to the ban appeals / ban requests / admin complaints section. Sort by most views if possible. You won’t be disappointed.
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #710138

Can't we just make up and tell each other to kill themselves so there are no grudges held for not being able to say it back?
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #710140

Also sorry for peanutting in skiwassers ban appeal but it is a really important question I think. There's no way so many players gathered spontaneously to tell an admin to kill themselves. Not all may be in on it tho like iansdoor
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

Post by TheRex9001 » #710141

Timonk wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 6:28 am Also sorry for peanutting in skiwassers ban appeal but it is a really important question I think. There's no way so many players gathered spontaneously to tell an admin to kill themselves. Not all may be in on it tho like iansdoor
Timonk sk1wassers wasn't involved in the funeral, the guy who organised it was apparently the captain who got permabanned.
LiarGG
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: LiarGG

Post by LiarGG » #710145

conrad wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 3:15 am
It's possible to have positive and fun experiences with someone who's turns out to be a complete dickhead and should be removed from the community, and I think bro should be allowed to celebrate the good times before his homie got punted into the sun imo.
Pretty much this ye. Been playing alongside these guys for a long time, made some good memories with almost all of em. Just cause they chose to go out in the cringiest way possible doesn't doesn't mean we shouldn't commemorate the good.

Welp, now the question is do we make eight more funerals, or just one more with eight coffins to limit more bans? We could even wait the 2 months and have Goldenbar attend his own funeral.
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #710146

Pr to add 8 graves to every map.
iansdoor
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Iansdoor

Post by iansdoor » #710147

LiarGG wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 7:54 am
conrad wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 3:15 am
Pretty much this ye. Been playing alongside these guys for a long time, made some good memories with almost all of em. Just cause they chose to go out in the cringiest way possible doesn't doesn't mean we shouldn't commemorate the good.

Welp, now the question is do we make eight more funerals, or just one more with eight coffins to limit more bans? We could even wait the 2 months and have Goldenbar attend his own funeral.
Well, based on what I know and saw. A bit of a long shot, Two of group might be able to appeal from it , simply cause of they had prior IC history with Talon and weren't complete buffoons to mix ooc in ic. So maybe 4 coffins? Not including borb as that was not okay.

Also poor Jaydon Mitchell had a bandwagon propaganda moment. He ain't in that friend group, I feel genuinely bad for them.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #710148

TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

Post by TheRex9001 » #710149

"Repeated cases of small Rule 8 breaks over the years. You are WAY too horny on main, and people don't play /tg/ to be part of your ERP regarding shoes/feet." what the fuck
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #710152

Can't believe foot guy is gone, we need to hold an IC funeral and all throw our shoes into the coffin