A Requiem for the Fallen

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Chadley
Byond Username: Armodias

A Requiem for the Fallen

Post by Chadley » #710401

Salutations forum lurkers!

If it wasn't obvious I like to be quite the mischievous harlequin. But I'm not meeting my storytelling-bard quota. As such! I come to you with a tale of new! Filled with wonder, epic, tragedy, and best of all it's littered with fabrications and falsehoods!

Allow me to begin my tale of old.

Long ago, 3 lords were responsible for all the magic in the land. The Lord of the Gods, the Lord of the Magicians, and the Lord of the People. They never lived in harmony, but they forced balance among the realm. All the magicians worked under the lords. There was prosperity, but there was never peace. Yet that wasn't to last.

Soon after, the new heirs were upon us—the Ghoulish King, the Cheshire Cat, and the Archbishop of 100. Their dominion hailed from the ruinous lands of Manovia, a bleak place swathed with powerful and ruthless magicians and warlocks. In their rise to power, the Ghoulish King passed judgment upon the lands. These are what we now know to be called "Quality Control". Those who had fallen victim were captured and banished to a frozen hellscape locked behind the Age Gate and guarded by the Orange Devil.

Nobody was safe save those who kneel to the edicts of the new Dark Lords. It wasn't long for rebellion. A wayward group, the Terror Knights had mobilized. Blurbo, the Godtouched. Prussen, the Turbulant. Okpuc, the Aggressive. Jonas, the Saint. Customs, the Enlightened. All under the banner of the previous Lord of the People, Kieth.

The Knights stormed the chapel. They roared and bellowed against the new lordship. Their anger was no more preventable than the Greytide at noon.

Their roars were unapologetic. They were outraged. Their bleeding hearts were enough to stain even the purest of cleric healers, the deepest shade of shitsec crimson. Yet in their wake, they were soon met with tragedy. The Ghoulish King descended to the realm of the mortals. Our heroes were prepared to lay down their lives for the fallen, to vanquish the Dark Lords and reclaim their throne. But, without Kieth's magic. They were powerless. The Knights threw themselves at the forsaken king. Alas, one after another, they met a chilling fate.

Unprepared, the Knights faced judgment as one after another they were raised from the dead to seek clemency and mercy from the Dark Lord of the Gods. However, one after another, they had lampooned the magic that empowered both the Lord's servants, and the Lord himself, and in one fell swoop. They were all banished to the land beyond the Age Gate. Their bodies lay splattered across the temple, wretched, in a puddle of viscera.

In their crimson song, a new hope emerged. The Disgraced Prince, Pepper Mynt. Pepper calls the people to arms his strife grander and mightier than the booming voice of a Colossus. He tells of his crown forgone, stripped by the Dark Lords. He cries in rally to save the banished and those who were yet to be stuck! But it was no use. An assassin sent by the Dark Lords had kidnapped the Prince. He was thrown to the wolves before being left in the darkest dungeon in all of Manovia. Blinded to his people's suffering, silenced from spitting his acid at his oppressors, only to be released in 27 moons.

Though Hark, my children! That wasn't enough for the Tarnished Lordship. Deep in his crypt, the silenced king slumbers. The very hand of the ascended toolbox himself, Archbishop Axle Brady lies in wait. Bound by the chains of "86'd from the club" he is blind to the suffering of his people. Unable to rise against the Dark Lords, unable to protect the Knights of Sigil and Terror, he is dormant. Rumor has begun to bubble. The Orange Devil has foreseen in his crystal ball that another assassin will be sent. One to banish the Archbishop himself.

All we may do now is hope there is time for him to be freed, a brave adventurer to break the shackles that hold our savior. To replace his blindfold with a gasmask, to paint his toolbox red with the blood of the servant warlocks.

Much is unknown of how this war may be waged yet, I for one await our savior's return.

Amen and--

Last edited by Chadley on Sat Nov 11, 2023 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
► Show Spoiler
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TheBibleMelts

Re: A Requiem for the Fallen

Post by TheBibleMelts » #710404

damn what happened
Chadley

Post by Chadley » #710406

TheBibleMelts wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:21 am damn what happened
I use my magic for good.
► Show Spoiler
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #710407

Well now it just simply will not do if we do not get a musical accompaniment from stickymayhem regarding this!
warbluke
Byond Username: Warbluke

Post by warbluke » #710408

My word, what a fantastical tale
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #710418

I'm hoping the permas were only dished out to the ones encouraging suicide since not all of those screencapped messages rose up to that level.
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #710426

dirk_mcblade wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 2:03 am I'm hoping the permas were only dished out to the ones encouraging suicide since not all of those screencapped messages rose up to that level.
Round logs are public and you're free to read em and confirm yourself. From everything I've gathered, only people telling folks to kill themselves got slapped- you see Axle talking in the screencapped messages, for example, and he's not banned off the game.
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
soreyew
Byond Username: SoreYew

Post by soreyew » #710481

Bravo, bravo!
8bot
Byond Username: 8botticus

Post by 8bot » #710499

going by what's presented in this lovingly woven tale, i have to say that this is a major admin L
one of the biggest admin Ls i have seen as a matter of fact
if there's more to it than just people screaming in commons then show it but if that's seriously all it is, actually one of the most boneheaded things i've seen an admin do

editing to add more: there's a stark difference between filtering actual shitters and the actual BS this is, whether the justification is "They were using IC chat as a dogwhistle" or whatever the fuck else people will make up; peppermint's right, this is absolutely ridiculous and should not have netted even a single permaban. obviously people will act edgier and meaner and worse IC, there's a chance every round for you to roll a fucking terrorist and everyone is by default a latent fucking psychopath.

it can be argued, however, that the people in the screencaps were being shitters.
pepper, however, stated an opinion and got permabanned from discord. what an actual fucking joke.

EDIT 2: THE EDITING:

took me 3 minutes of logdiving, at least lead with that shit!!! not everyone's got time to logdive like me (i do not have a life)

of course, pepper getting banned is still fucking stupid, and a few people at least kept it IC with centcom; the ones who ock icked to tell the admin to kys are retards and rightfully banished but peppermint shouldn't have been banned in the first place.

EDIT 3: REVELATIONS
apparently, pepper got a 28 day discord time-out instead of a ban. this does not change my stance whatsoever, i still find it utterly ridiculous, but before people take what I and others have said regarding it, keep that in mind.
the gamer formerly known as "remanseptim"
Chadley

Post by Chadley » #710517

I did lead by saying it was littered with fabrications.
► Show Spoiler
8bot
Byond Username: 8botticus

Post by 8bot » #710519

you don't understand i need a peanut thread to get mad in, or else i might have a good day
the gamer formerly known as "remanseptim"
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #710691

oh hey its the cool tiefling bard from baldurs
respect (let him do his thing)
mstachife
Byond Username: Mstachife

Post by mstachife » #710699

i understand it all now, thank you
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #710709

Damn, even Chadley died, who could've foreseen this?
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #710711

Man, I'm not looking here for just ONE second, and everybody is off to perform forever sleep on themselves!
SOMEBODY SHOULD MAKE THAT ILLEGAL!

With awake regards
-BONERMASTER
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
Pepper
Byond Username: ANIMETIDDIES

Post by Pepper » #710724

BONERMASTER wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 7:34 pm Man, I'm not looking here for just ONE second, and everybody is off to perform forever sleep on themselves!
SOMEBODY SHOULD MAKE THAT ILLEGAL!

With awake regards
-BONERMASTER
The Lord blinked, and the whole world went dark.
help
stairmaster
Byond Username: Stairmaster

Post by stairmaster » #710895

we are all gods children and she has left us in a hot car
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #710896

lol
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
MooCow12
Byond Username: MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #710898

Actually if you add the context of what pepper said up until that post that got them discord banned it was clear they were doomposting about how the server is gonna die, they wernt actually defending the actions of any of those people just saying that their loss is impactful and that terry is gonna become a husk of its former self.

So its more like someone crying in lamentation of their world falling apart and getting smited for it.
List of my favorite TG Staff.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
cSeal wrote: TLDR suck my nuts you bald bitch
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #710912

it does genuinely suck really bad when your pal is banned and you don't get to interact with them in game any more.

i don't really care to comment on this situation, i'm not an lrp player and while i think how justice was treated is not an acceptable use of this communal space i can appreciate the gut punch that realizing your fellow space gamer has been exiled is and how shitty it feels.

it is another situation where there is no winner. i think that it's right to take a stance against treating other users so terribly in the initial incidents but i don't want to celebrate the removal of those users as some kind of victory either. it's just a bad feeling all round.
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #710923

MooCow12 wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 7:01 pm Actually if you add the context of what pepper said up until that post that got them discord banned it was clear they were doomposting about how the server is gonna die, they wernt actually defending the actions of any of those people just saying that their loss is impactful and that terry is gonna become a husk of its former self.

So its more like someone crying in lamentation of their world falling apart and getting smited for it.
the funny part is that in a way, the server did die for them