Ah shit, here we go again - Out of the closet

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Googles_Hands
Byond Username: Googles_Hands

Ah shit, here we go again - Out of the closet

Post by Googles_Hands » #710716

https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/79638

I dislike the Eris artstyle.
I do not want more microplastics in my sprites.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Re: Ah shit, here we go again - Out of the closet

Post by CPTANT » #710719

Lack of readability is really a semi beginner spriting mistake.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #710721

Ok I don't hate it, but I can't fucking read the damn logos.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #710722

Hot take but they look fine, only real readability issue I had was with the Syndicate locker and it's blood red, so it's obvious it's syndicate.

I don't like the shading that we're apparently eventually going to have on everything, but it's far beyond the point in time where me whining about that would change anything.

Anyway I'm just going to leave this here, no reason.
We introduced a new company-wide policy that I felt was relatively benign. What happened next was that, from my point of view, the engineering team completely lost it. No one agreed with this policy, and they made it known over seemingly hundreds of Slack pings. After an afternoon of going back and forth, I walked away feeling emotionally drained. What had happened to my amazing coworkers that were so kind and wonderful? I felt attacked and diminished. It seemed people weren’t valuing my work or my judgment.

I went home for the weekend and stewed in my frustration. [..] I decided I wanted to look back at our Slack conversations and see which one of my coworkers was being the rudest and the most unreasonable. I wanted to give them direct feedback that they had hurt my feelings.

As I went back through that Friday afternoon chat log, I was shocked to see that no one had been hurling insults. [..] There was no one saying mean things about me. In fact, what I found was that people had some well put together arguments about why they felt this policy was a bad idea. The entire engineering department definitely made their criticisms known, but I didn’t find people questioning my ability as a manager, throwing around insults, or saying anything that that illustrated why I was feeling so targeted.

That was when something became crystal clear: my coworkers hadn’t become monsters, they were still the kind and caring people I thought they were. The monster in this case is not one person, it was created when lots of people, even with great intentions, publicly disagreed with you at the same time. Even kind feedback can come off as caustic and mean when there is a mob of people behind it. No matter how nicely they say it, when a large group of people you really respect publicly challenge something you’ve done it can feel like a personal attack.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #710723

ill be honest I think this PR would be way more of a nothingburger if he wasn't intentionally naming it to court controversy
Indie-ana Jones
Byond Username: Indie-ana Jones

Post by Indie-ana Jones » #710725

Jacquerel wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:42 pm ill be honest I think this PR would be way more of a nothingburger if he wasn't intentionally naming it to court controversy
While I disagree that people wouldn't hate it if it weren't named as it is, having talked to the person making these PRs once before the crate resprite, they seem to get a lot of enjoyment in making people angry.
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Post by RaveRadbury » #710726

Indie-ana Jones wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:44 pm
Jacquerel wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:42 pm ill be honest I think this PR would be way more of a nothingburger if he wasn't intentionally naming it to court controversy
While I disagree that people wouldn't hate it if it weren't named as it is, having talked to the person making these PRs once before the crate resprite, they seem to get a lot of enjoyment in making people angry.
Yeah I wish the spriter put more work into getting along with everybody or at the very least disengaged rather than bickering with people.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #710727

Yeah, I don't like how they lean into it so hard like they're being Jokerfied or some shit. It's not a good look and it's just going to cause them more grief in the long run.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

Post by TheRex9001 » #710729

Honestly this pr is just flamebating, the name "crates pt.2" their about is literally a pic of the sprite with the text "digg thread incoming. :') wip while I fuck around w/ some stuff. first one to give a digg thumbs-down gets a cookie." and their why its good for the game is "it's really not.", idk why you would ever pr something that you think is shit. I don't like this behaviour at all and all this shit results in is drama stirring.
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #710730

they look cool but like everyone else the readability is a lot worse than what we currently have. it's a lot more busy visually while not making important gameplay information clear at a glance.

positives: they look stronger, more reinforced? pretty cool

idk who the contributor is but their attitude is quite poor
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #710731

Oh yay another Viro resprite. Same issues as before, will get merged anyways.

Guess they ran out of hate comments to jack off to. Seeing as they are intentionally trying to bait people.

Edit since I might as well contribute something:

They look too dark, too “glossy” for lack of a better word, and somehow look more narrow than the old lockers. For instance, engineering lockers look like they’re made out of gold and medical ones look like they’re made out of silver.
Last edited by RedBaronFlyer on Fri Nov 10, 2023 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
conrad

Post by conrad » #710732

spriter wrote:I believe a lot of the thoughts on them being "unrecognizable" are just people's brains being ingrained from playing this game too much, so anything different is "unrecognizable".
Zero people in this thread or on the PR called the sprites unrecognizable. That guy fuckin sucks.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
warbluke
Byond Username: Warbluke

Post by warbluke » #710733

Most of them are too cluttered, but I'm actually okay with the Syndie locker on the bottom left.
RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #710734

conrad wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 11:11 pm
spriter wrote:I believe a lot of the thoughts on them being "unrecognizable" are just people's brains being ingrained from playing this game too much, so anything different is "unrecognizable".
Zero people in this thread or on the PR called the sprites unrecognizable. That guy fuckin sucks.
There’s a few people saying that it’s hard to tell what some lockers (engineering ones) are at a glance. Someone else said something about the syndie locker logo being really faint.

Also forgot to say this earlier but 10/10 title.
Last edited by RedBaronFlyer on Fri Nov 10, 2023 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

Post by TheRex9001 » #710735

I think the plain locker looks the best tbh, this is a pretty good resprite but I don't like the details, they make the sprite as a whole look a lot more muddy and unclear.
conrad

Post by conrad » #710736

RedBaronFlyer wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 11:14 pm
conrad wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 11:11 pm
There’s a few people saying that it’s hard to tell what some lockers (engineering ones) are at a glance. Someone else said something about the syndie locker logo being really faint.
That's far from being "unrecognizable". I can tell those are, for example, engineering lockers. I'm having trouble looking if it is a fire symbol for the welding locker, or the wrench for the tools locker.

Also
spriter wrote:I will say, however, that this is just objectively incorrect.
Fuck that attitude.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #710739

10/10 thread title

cool blurry symbols coder bros
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #710740

It's okay to use color contrasting; extremely limited color palettes only make sense if you pick good, contrasting colors and utilize them appropriately. That's kind of the point of the exercise.
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer

Post by Jacquerel » #710742

conrad wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 11:17 pm That's far from being "unrecognizable". I can tell those are, for example, engineering lockers. I'm having trouble looking if it is a fire symbol for the welding locker, or the wrench for the tools locker.
This confuses me a little because those ones are one of the clearest upgrades to me, using contrasting colours and having the emblems clearer than they were on the original (where what was supposed to be fire sort of just looks like a little house)
conrad

Post by conrad » #710743

Jacquerel wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 11:52 pm
conrad wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 11:17 pm That's far from being "unrecognizable". I can tell those are, for example, engineering lockers. I'm having trouble looking if it is a fire symbol for the welding locker, or the wrench for the tools locker.
This confuses me a little because those ones are one of the clearest upgrades to me, using contrasting colours and having the emblems clearer than they were on the original (where what was supposed to be fire sort of just looks like a little house)
Hot take, maybe my eyes are fucked and the new sprites are harder for someone like me to read than the old ones.

I'll add as well that it has nothing to do with "being used to the old ones", 'cos they are very well contrasted in the old sprites.

Like I said in the PR, the news ones are better looking, but I can't read half the logos, which I think makes them worse sprites.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
GPeckman
Byond Username: GPeckman

Post by GPeckman » #710744

That PR title is 100% drama bait. Its kind of a shame about that, I actually think these new sprites look pretty damn good.

dendydoom wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:57 pm idk who the contributor is but their attitude is quite poor
Do you remember the crate resprite drama from a few months back? Its the same spriter who made that PR. That's not a bad thing in and of itself, but that PR title is absolutely meant to stir drama.
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer

Post by Jacquerel » #710745

conrad wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 11:56 pm
Hot take, maybe my eyes are fucked and the new sprites are harder for someone like me to read than the old ones.

I'll add as well that it has nothing to do with "being used to the old ones", 'cos they are very well contrasted in the old sprites.

Like I said in the PR, the news ones are better looking, but I can't read half the logos, which I think makes them worse sprites.
Far be it from me to cast too many aspersions upon your eyes but the new engineering logos are both larger than the previous ones, and also further in terms of colour contrast from the base shade (which in the original was literally just a darker shade of the same colour used for the locker).

It's very difficult for me to understand how this is harder to make out.
RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #710746

GPeckman wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 11:59 pm That PR title is 100% drama bait. Its kind of a shame about that, I actually think these new sprites look pretty damn good.

dendydoom wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:57 pm idk who the contributor is but their attitude is quite poor
Do you remember the crate resprite drama from a few months back? Its the same spriter who made that PR. That's not a bad thing in and of itself, but that PR title is absolutely meant to stir drama.
They also are behind the cargo resprite.
conrad

Post by conrad » #710747

Jacquerel wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 12:05 am

Far be it from me to cast too many aspersions upon your eyes but the new engineering logos are both larger than the previous ones, and also further in terms of colour contrast from the base shade (which in the original was literally just a darker shade of the same colour used for the locker).

Putting them like this, I can clearly see that they're the same.

Putting it like this tho:

It kinda blurs it to me on the spritesheet black background. With the old sprites, that doesn't happen.

I think it's that shading halfway through the logo.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer

Post by Jacquerel » #710748

None of those look similar at all to me, and I have clinically quite poor vision, but I guess that's just one of those human weirdnesses.
I will say that I don't think the middle one looks that much like a lightning bolt, could do with a bit less fattening but there's not a lot of workable area to do it in.
warbluke

Post by warbluke » #710749

Jacquerel wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 12:05 am It's very difficult for me to understand how this is harder to make out.
For me at least it's the fact that there are so many more color shades to discern from on the new one.
GPeckman
Byond Username: GPeckman

Post by GPeckman » #710750

It looks like this part was added by Viro in one edit of the PR, then removed by a maintainer via github bot (unless the bot did it automatically?) only to be re-added by Viro.
first one to give a digg thumbs-down gets a cookie.
Re-adding it is certainly a bold move. At least they removed it before undrafting the PR.
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #710752

Indie-ana Jones wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:44 pm
i really wish maintainers would stop humoring their behavior. they clearly do these kinds of things just to get a rise out of people
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
PapaMichael
Byond Username: PapaMichael

Post by PapaMichael » #710753

After 2 rounds of playing with them, you'll like them or at the very least not notice them
This is just the classic human "change = bad" (of which I myself am guilty of)
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #710757

Jacquerel wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 12:05 am Image

there are 4 different shades of yellow next to the logo
paintdotnet_TyQjjxZCYU.png
paintdotnet_TyQjjxZCYU.png (11.42 KiB) Viewed 25507 times
the logo itself is also made up of 4 different shades
paintdotnet_TyQjjxZCYU2.png
paintdotnet_TyQjjxZCYU2.png (9.57 KiB) Viewed 25507 times
all of these shades are not just value shifts but they are also hue shifts. the old engineering locker's logo was only a value shift which is why it's easier to read- or at least for me. hue shifts look a lot more pretty but readability can suffer a lot because of it

the two colors are below are used on the main engineering logo (editor's note: hue loops around in a 0-360 fashion, so these colors are about 60 degrees apart)
paintdotnet_GsAo3FpxVN.png
paintdotnet_GsAo3FpxVN.png (59.1 KiB) Viewed 25507 times
paintdotnet_blrs8P8XMW.png
paintdotnet_blrs8P8XMW.png (59.03 KiB) Viewed 25507 times
fun fact about the old engineering locker: it is entirely made up of one single hue. even the white strip is the same hue. it's really funny

the new sprites are "prettier" but i think they are simply harder to read. the new locker i can go "oh yeah there's definitely something on the front of it" but it's just really hard to discern the logos next to each other
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Post by Cheshify » #710758

why would they name it that
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #710759

I guess they could be worse but in terms of resprites that isn't a good thing
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
saprasam
Byond Username: Saprasam

Post by saprasam » #710761

if your ‘why this is good for the game’ is “it really isn’t” i think that should be instant grounds for denial unless you can make an actual reason
(FORMER) tgmc admin (I HAVE REGAINED MY HUMAN RIGHTS)
scamoppi
Byond Username: Noahyoshi

Post by scamoppi » #710763

im gonna miss the stripes
stripes are cool
if i were a locker manufacturer i'd put stripes on my lockers before going out of business because i do not have the economy of scale to compete on this market
𓆏 ribbit... (nothing to see here...)
RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #710764

I'll at least give them props for actually doing all the fucking work and respriting ALL of it this time instead of half assing it so someone has to come fix their shit. (https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/77964 they couldn't be assed to actually resprite the winter coats or berets so cargo was half yellow half brown after their PR and it looked HORRIBLE)
saprasam wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 1:11 am if your ‘why this is good for the game’ is “it really isn’t” i think that should be instant grounds for denial unless you can make an actual reason
Two tier contributor system.
warbluke

Post by warbluke » #710765

iwishforducks wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 12:53 am Perfect explanation of my issues with the new sprites.
I agree with this.
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #710767

The lockers seem fine, or at least aren't a huge problem. I just want the mosin nagant back.
RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #710768

dirk_mcblade wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 1:37 am The lockers seem fine, or at least aren't a huge problem. I just want the mosin nagant back.
um aktually mosins being 600 years into the future is unrealistic please ignore the fungus controlled skeletons, bipedal lizards, sentient lightbulbs, cat human mongrels, employed clowns and mimes, space dragons, space carps, nar'sie, all these other real life references, etc. the giant pieces of green plastic that also have a russian name but are from 300 years ago is way more okay :)
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #710772

it really pisses me off when they address a valid complaint with "ur brain just isnt used 2 it lol"
respect (let him do his thing)
conrad

Post by conrad » #710777

RedBaronFlyer wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 1:49 am
dirk_mcblade wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 1:37 am The lockers seem fine, or at least aren't a huge problem. I just want the mosin nagant back.
um aktually mosins being 600 years into the future is unrealistic please ignore the fungus controlled skeletons, bipedal lizards, sentient lightbulbs, cat human mongrels, employed clowns and mimes, space dragons, space carps, nar'sie, all these other real life references, etc. the giant pieces of green plastic that also have a russian name but are from 300 years ago is way more okay :)
That's a bad argument. The unrealistic stuff you mentioned isn't a problem, and the mosin problem wasn't lack of realism, it was anachronism. You could compare it's removal against the existence of celulose pressed paper, for example.

Then again the problematic aspect of its removal was never anachronism anyway. It was SOULLLLLL. I wouldn't have minded it being removed if the replacement wasn't anime grll with guns self insert fan fiction "THE BLOCKONARON MK5 v2.0 FULL METAL JACKET" or whetever got added.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #710781

why bring up the mosin at all, that wasn't their pr
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #710784

conrad wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 3:25 am
That's a bad argument. The unrealistic stuff you mentioned isn't a problem, and the mosin problem wasn't lack of realism, it was anachronism. You could compare it's removal against the existence of celulose pressed paper, for example.

Then again the problematic aspect of its removal was never anachronism anyway. It was SOULLLLLL. I wouldn't have minded it being removed if the replacement wasn't anime grll with guns self insert fan fiction "THE BLOCKONARON MK5 v2.0 FULL METAL JACKET" or whetever got added.
i would have preferred it being flat-out removed over being replaced with anime oc gun
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #710806

NecromancerAnne wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 3:34 am why bring up the mosin at all, that wasn't their pr
Because in my mind every spriter is a mosin murderer
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #710808

First they came for the fire alarms. I did not speak up, for I was not an atmospheric technician.
Then they came for the crates. I did not speak up, for I was not a cargo technician.
Then they came for the mosins. I did not speak up, for I was not a centcomm intern.
Then they came for the closets. And by that time there was no one left to speak up.
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #710809

conrad wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 3:25 am

Anachronism isn't a problem, the mosin was a joke inclusion to begin with and now it's basically a polluted version of its old self.
Instead of it being a /k/ meme now it's just a weeaboo shitty rifle trying to look cool.
Ironic because it's a fate shared by more than a few mosins that ended up in bubba's hands. I should learn how to do PRs so I can just change their names and descriptions to Bubba's Mosin. It'd be the lowest effort way to restore some of its lost honor.
Last edited by dirk_mcblade on Sat Nov 11, 2023 8:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #710810

Jacquerel wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 12:05 am

>uses the most clear sprite to prove the sprites are just fine

something smells
jimmyl
Byond Username: Jimmyl

Post by jimmyl » #710811

trying to be as inflammatory as possible on your PR should be grounds for denial

also "it isnt" in the why its good for the game parts probably also means deny
ImageImageImage
RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #710815

jimmyl wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 8:28 am trying to be as inflammatory as possible on your PR should be grounds for denial

also "it isnt" in the why its good for the game parts probably also means deny
again, two tier contributor system. If this was a random no-name it would have been shot down immediately for that behavior alone. It's not the first time Viro has half assed their "why is it good for the game" part. Reminder: some guy got his barsign PR denied after being told that it was approved at the end of the barsign competition because he complained about his antag token being only for minor antags or something on the discord

https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/79523

Not saying this random guy is in the right, infact he seems to be complaining that he got gifted a minor antag token because he didn't get in the top five or whatever to get full on antag tokens, but it's pretty clear there's a double standard.
Last edited by RedBaronFlyer on Sat Nov 11, 2023 8:58 am, edited 4 times in total.
jimmyl
Byond Username: Jimmyl

Post by jimmyl » #710817

contributor segregation
ImageImageImage
Googles_Hands
Byond Username: Googles_Hands

Post by Googles_Hands » #710821

The spriter is obviously a inflammatory dickhead with special priviliges.

I just wonder if they stem from his Maintainer cuddlebuddies or something else, like "the Wallening" which grants him authority to resprite as he wants as long as it comes with perspective changes changes, since some of our current sprites may not be compatible.
I think I heard something like that when the crate massacre happened, but then that wouldn't explain him being allowed to half-ass things a la cargo clothing and MULE sizes.