12 years later: the Nut.

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

12 years later: the Nut.

Post by Bawhoppennn » #710780

Hello my dearest friends.
Due to the rousing success of previous well-aged nuts, I have decided to dredge up a ban from an era even further back in the history books, to be now distilled into a true nut...

Today we go back to the old TLE-era forums, circa 2011, for a classic jobban back-and-forth...

In order to simulate the REAL-TIME posting of replies on the thread, I will only be posting the first FOUR (4) pages of the ban appeal for now... just to keep you in suspense, like it's a current-moment ban appeal... (if you have access to the archive DON'T SPOIL IT)

Page 1
► Show Spoiler
Page 2
► Show Spoiler
Page 3
► Show Spoiler
Page 4
► Show Spoiler
So who do you think is in the right with what we know now? The captain? The lawyer?
The admin? THE LING?

I hope you all find this as engaging as a timely nut thread.

UPDATE: 4 new PAGES have now been posted (simulated) on the ban appeal.

Page 5
► Show Spoiler
Page 6
► Show Spoiler
Page 7
► Show Spoiler
Page 8
► Show Spoiler
Update last 5 pages:

Page 9:
► Show Spoiler
Page 10:
► Show Spoiler
Page 11:
► Show Spoiler
Page 12:
► Show Spoiler
Page 13:
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by Bawhoppennn on Thu Nov 23, 2023 1:33 am, edited 4 times in total.
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Re: 12 years later: the Nut.

Post by conrad » #710787

Would you look at that. 4 pages of salt. Peanuts galore. Not a single n-word. Not one f-slur. Nobody got told to kill themselves. Closest thing is a tropic thunder reference potentally calling a guy retard. Lots of gt format. They all still managed to rage at each other over who was right.

I feel like a boomer that missed out on being even more boomer.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TheBibleMelts

Post by TheBibleMelts » #710792

Googles_Hands
Byond Username: Googles_Hands

Post by Googles_Hands » #710826

The clown named "The Changeling" got ling? Lucky bastard.
Anyway, did being a Changeling change your name to "The Changeling" under some circumstances or why did the Captain think that was justification to send someone to prison station?

Also holy shit 13 pages, we totally should just let everyone post in appeals again. Oh and my love goes out to Urist McDorf.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #710922

conrad wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 4:18 am Would you look at that. 4 pages of salt. Peanuts galore. Not a single n-word. Not one f-slur. Nobody got told to kill themselves. Closest thing is a tropic thunder reference potentally calling a guy retard. Lots of gt format. They all still managed to rage at each other over who was right.

I feel like a boomer that missed out on being even more boomer.
the rage bait was all in ban requests forum at that time
Bawhoppennn
Github User

Post by Bawhoppennn » #710945

Googles_Hands wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 9:34 am The clown named "The Changeling" got ling? Lucky bastard.
Anyway, did being a Changeling change your name to "The Changeling" under some circumstances or why did the Captain think that was justification to send someone to prison station?

Also holy shit 13 pages, we totally should just let everyone post in appeals again. Oh and my love goes out to Urist McDorf.
I think it was just part of the mentality back then... if you view ss13 kind of like a tabletop game, an entity being labelled what it is, kind of suggests that it is that.
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
Bawhoppennn
Github User

Post by Bawhoppennn » #710946

UPDATE: 4 new PAGES have now been posted (simulated) on the ban appeal.

Page 5
► Show Spoiler
Page 6
► Show Spoiler
Page 7
► Show Spoiler
Page 8
► Show Spoiler

Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #710966

tldr?
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
mrmelbert
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Mr Melbert

Post by mrmelbert » #710977

It's incredible this went on for 13 pages. The random people chiming in to say "owned" really makes it.
Admin: December 2020 - Present
Code Maintainer: December 2021 - Present
Head Admin: Feburary 2022 - September 2022
Youtube Guy: sometimes

Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #710985

Googles_Hands wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 9:34 am The clown named "The Changeling" got ling? Lucky bastard.

Most special roles used to pick their name each round. AI, Cyborg, Clown, chaplain god, etc. instead of having it all bundled away into pre-selected settings menus. I really liked that mechanic especially for the entertainers, it was very pro-gimmick.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TheBibleMelts

Post by TheBibleMelts » #711458

hos was in the wrong
Bawhoppennn
Github User

Post by Bawhoppennn » #712055

Does anyone actually care about seeing the ending or not, cause I am lazy about clipping the images together... If someone happens to want it I will, otherwise we can let this thread die

vect0r
Byond Username: Vect0r

Post by vect0r » #712056

Bawhoppennn wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 6:08 am Does anyone actually care about seeing the ending or not, cause I am lazy about clipping the images together... If someone happens to want it I will, otherwise we can let this thread die
I'm invested now!
VENDETTA+Cecilia Vujic
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #712062

Bawhoppennn wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 6:08 am Does anyone actually care about seeing the ending or not, cause I am lazy about clipping the images together... If someone happens to want it I will, otherwise we can let this thread die
nooooo :(
respect (let him do his thing)
Bawhoppennn
Github User

Post by Bawhoppennn » #712436

Okay since the people wanted it, final update:

Page 9:
► Show Spoiler
Page 10:
► Show Spoiler
Page 11:
► Show Spoiler
Page 12:
► Show Spoiler
Page 13:
► Show Spoiler

My thoughts: What a long thread, and a good reminder why we have the Anon3 Amendment prohibiting peanut posting in the first place... Really nothing much accomplished, just arguing the same thing back and forth over and over... Honestly I think the cap was in the right, giving them the benefit of the doubt. But ultimately... a bit of an anti-climax. I assume the ban stayed in place, though it'll be hard to find out more.
Also I think we should bring back HerpA's nifty FNR posting chart. Very handy and stylish.

kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #712472

i cant believe theres this many pages its inane
respect (let him do his thing)