Local Lumberjack Lyncher Lizard Let Down Dead Det peanut

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Muffindrake
Byond Username: Muffindrake

Local Lumberjack Lyncher Lizard Let Down Dead Det peanut

Post by Muffindrake » #710824

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=35275

Are we arguing escalation policy ... again?
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Re: Local Lumberjack Lyncher Lizard Let Down Dead Det peanut

Post by Timberpoes » #710832

No, you just have a short temper and a burning desire to kill other players that crossed the line into rule breaking.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #710834

Muffindrake wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 9:24 am viewtopic.php?f=7&t=35275

Are we arguing escalation policy ... again?
Kind of a funny reference to escalation policy considering you've singlecapped me before for "having red eyes" on a cult round when I was investigating a detective's office b&e
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

Post by TheRex9001 » #710836

You have invoked the curse of self-peanut posting. Prepare...
Bepis
Byond Username: AurumDude

Post by Bepis » #710838

Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Post by Turbonerd » #710839

You created a peanut thread about yourself, so you deserve whatever people are going to say about you. You need to improve your RP skills.
Imitates-The-Lizards
Byond Username: Typhnox

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #710840

This wasn't really validhunting since he didn't hunt him down, but it seems apparent to me that he just killed him because he thought he was valid via the rules, rather than because it makes sense to kill him. Just someone who wanted to kill anyone they could.

Does validjunkie work as a term? I will refer to Muffindrake as a validjunkie. He had to get his hit of killing a valid.
Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Post by Turbonerd » #710842

Imitates-The-Lizards wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 12:49 pm This wasn't really validhunting since he didn't hunt him down, but it seems apparent to me that he just killed him because he thought he was valid via the rules, rather than because it makes sense to kill him. Just someone who wanted to kill anyone they could.

Does validjunkie work as a term? I will refer to Muffindrake as a validjunkie. He had to get his hit of killing a valid.
I think this could be extended to rulesjunkie in general. The more people care about the technicalities of the rules, the more likely they'll get punished. Consider having fun and bar RPing, instead of checking whether something is technically valid every 5 seconds.
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #710845

Why are you making a peanut to your own appeal? You need that much attention?
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Fatal
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: FatalX1

Post by Fatal » #710852

Personally speaking I'd have banned you for this on an LRP server so being noted for it on MRP isn't arguing escalation policy, it's getting off lightly

New escalation even states:

Killing a crewmate is a severe response, and requires severe justification to do, such as those in Rule 1's precedents, or Rule 4.

Critically wounded characters must be treated or taken to the medbay by the standing party where reasonable, and taking unnecessary action against a downed player opens you up to reprisal. If you are incapacitated in a fight and treated, or the conflict is otherwise meaningfully broken, you are expected to require an IC reason beyond 'bruised ego' to re-initiate it.

If you really think the detective hitting one you, by accident, with an unwielded fire axe hit, for trying to stop you murdering the guy they're trying to arrest, meets the "severe justification" that would enable you to then kill them in response, then I am concerned as to your interpretation of escalation
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #710854

BOOOOOOO
respect (let him do his thing)
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #710860

lmfao. lmfao to this appeal. lmfao to the detective breaking down the really funny story. lmfao to the appealer making their own peanut thread. simply put, lmfao.
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #710866

You really thought people would rally behind you on this one huh?
DaydreamIQ
Byond Username: DaydreamIQ

Post by DaydreamIQ » #710868

I advocate beating tiders onto crit because we need to cull the stupid people. But also this Is your own peanut and you're a fucking idiot if you think this was okay escalation lmao
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #710878

kinnebian wrote: BOOOOOOO
Shows up with this tiny limp-dick appeal and then makes his own peanut thread.
The only thing good about this whole situation is the title, which is sullied by him making his own peanut thread.
Shameful, honestly!
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #710879

no one's arguing with you on this one chief, escalation policy seemed to do its job pretty well when you were noted for being a shithead
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
Jackraxxus
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Jackraxxus

Post by Jackraxxus » #710882

Average lizard player.
iamgoofball wrote:Vekter and MrMelbert are more likely to enforce the roleplay rules Manuel is supposed to be abiding by than Wesoda or Jackraxxus are.
MooCow12
Byond Username: MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #710909

i skim read what happened and it looked like a normal sybil / terry player but on manual.
List of my favorite TG Staff.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
cSeal wrote: TLDR suck my nuts you bald bitch
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #710911

We need to start tarring and feathering users that post their own appeals in the player's club.

WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
Muffindrake
Byond Username: Muffindrake

Post by Muffindrake » #710914

Local lizard opens his own peanut thread because their title game is non plus ultra, expects nothing, sees incredibly poor insinuations and takes, goes back to huffing gas. Stay classy, guys.
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #710916

Muffindrake wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 9:48 pm Local lizard opens his own peanut thread because their title game is non plus ultra, expects nothing, sees incredibly poor insinuations and takes, goes back to huffing gas. Stay classy, guys.
respect (let him do his thing)
conrad

Post by conrad » #710918

Muffindrake wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 9:48 pm Local lizard opens his own peanut thread because their title game is non plus ultra, expects nothing, sees incredibly poor insinuations and takes, goes back to huffing gas. Stay classy, guys.
The babiest rage. lmao
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #710921

I've lost, but let me end this thread with a witty repartee
cSeal
Byond Username: O0cyann0o

Post by cSeal » #710925

BOOO!!! HISSS!! BOOOO!!!
► Show Spoiler
cSeal
Byond Username: O0cyann0o

Post by cSeal » #710926

12/10 thread name though
► Show Spoiler
Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Post by Thunder11 » #710928

Making a peanut on your own appeal…
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #710929

I'm not sure how you reckon that you're allowed to walk up to someone sec has apprehended, try to kill them, then turn around and crit the member of sec who arrested them when they VERY OBVIOUSLY misclick you. You fucked up here my guy.

Also don't make your own peanut.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #710933

at least he didn't lock his own peanut
nickup9
Byond Username: Nickup9

Post by nickup9 » #710940

Lol, lmao.
► Show Spoiler
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #710949

I'm not sure what's worse: opening your own peanut thread, calling takes bad because they don't agree with yours, or demanding quality from the player's club.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #710954

Opening a peanut thread for your own appeal should result in a week ban from Player's Club.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #710956

Vekter wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 2:24 am Opening a peanut thread for your own appeal should result in a week ban from Player's Club.
The worst part is it's a really good title too. I don't like being made to have mixed feelings >:c
conrad

Post by conrad » #710964

CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 2:34 am
Vekter wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 2:24 am Opening a peanut thread for your own appeal should result in a week ban from Player's Club.
The worst part is it's a really good title too. I don't like being made to have mixed feelings >:c
Let it all sink into a singular quagmire of disappointment.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #710970

Alright I'm not going to tell the admin to go easy on you next time