Having a Crate time ban appeal nut

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Having a Crate time ban appeal nut

Post by iwishforducks » #711113

im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
iwishforducks

Re: Having a Crate time ban appeal nut

Post by iwishforducks » #711114

They made a wrong statement, on numerous accounts,
or claim I was not being an asshole—because, in all honesty, I probably was.
Looking good
Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #711115

I love this formatting!
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #711119

I kind of get that Viro's thing about doxxing could be taken as merely a joke but doxxing always seemed like a really, REALLY, stupid thing to joke about.

I fully get that I'm biased because I am not exactly a fan of Viro, for a laundry list of reasons, but I am curious to see if there are any other examples of people making a joke similar to this getting banned as precedent.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
BonChoi
Byond Username: BonChoi

Post by BonChoi » #711121

RedBaronFlyer wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 3:45 am I kind of get that Viro's thing about doxxing could be taken as merely a joke but doxxing always seemed like a really, REALLY, stupid thing to joke about.

I fully get that I'm biased because I am not exactly a fan of Viro, for a laundry list of reasons, but I am curious to see if there are any other examples of people making a joke similar to this getting banned as precedent.
I was under the impression that you are not allowed to joke about it in any circumstance and that it's probably better to not utter that word in any sentence in this community, lest you face a ban for violating /tg/Station's Discord rule #5.
Another bad take provided by yours truly.

Istoprocent1 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:36 pm Baseless claims. I have been to the vault minimum of 38 times, how many suicides?
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #711122

BonChoi wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 3:51 am
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 3:45 am I kind of get that Viro's thing about doxxing could be taken as merely a joke but doxxing always seemed like a really, REALLY, stupid thing to joke about.

I was under the impression that you are not allowed to joke about it in any circumstance and that it's probably better to not utter that word in any sentence in this community, lest you face a ban for violating /tg/Station's Discord rule #5.
I feel like that shit is a lie tbh, it was used in one specific case but the whole it's an instant blacklist thing isn't evne true it's very dependent on who you are and who saw the message.
blackdav123
Byond Username: Blackdav123

Post by blackdav123 » #711123

to me "you're lucky i dont doxx people anymore" sounds like "you're lucky this hasnt escalated to a point where im willing to doxx you yet"
Weston Echard on Sybil
RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #711126

The more I'm thinking about this the more I have issues with it. I don't really lean either way. Viro is an asshole, and the doxxing comment was really stupid, but through text it's a bit hard to interpret. I feel like it might get overturned but IDK. I'm gonna try and read up on some previous bans of a similar nature to get a feel of things.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
Thranos
Byond Username: Thranos

Post by Thranos » #711128

The dude's so violently, caustically toxic that people outright avoid interacting with him just to avoid him screeching like a wild ape as he types up ego-tripping rants with one hand and violently zerks his zenis with the other.
Even being another spriter doesn't save people from the onslaught of elitism, as he'll start citing 'color theory' and 'well how many PRs do YOU have' in order to maintain his perception that he's the ultimate being in the spriterbus for the niche 2D atmospherics simulator game.

He blatantly sets things up as ragebait so he can bask in the (negative) attention, mock people indiscriminately, try to lord it over the "dumb whitenames" who object, and then act like god's gift to TG if his work gets merged. He's on thin ice on the git, banned from the discord, and loathed by a majority of the playerbase.

I give him maybe six months (being generous here) before he gets himself ejected from TG as a whole, even if this gets lifted. He's just that incapable of not being an absolute tower of dicks.
DATAxPUNGED
Byond Username: DATAxPUNGED

Post by DATAxPUNGED » #711161

Viro's always had this huge ego, and he seems to love pissing people off? Even on the github comment that he said sorry to Moff he was baiting the Player's Club
And this sucks ass, the few times I've interacted with them OUTSIDE of sprites, it was pleasant (except that time he said something transphobic but he clearly didn't know it was and regretted immediately)

But what truly sucks about his attitudes is his PRs. Dude CANNOT take criticism. He will go at lengths in his elitism and deny any constructive feedback, just look at what happened in the crates PR. This one wasn't much better!

Except this time there wasn't someone to enable an argument outta these.

And not even that, he just refuses to fucking finish them, too. Cargo PR had still half of the department in original colors, which had to be fixed by someone else later. Crate PR didn't adjust the MULEbot either, I'm not sure why spritetainers enable this. IIRC the wizard PR got stale because a spritetainer asked him to make the hat, too, and he just didn't bother. I'm bot sure why these are merged unfinished, tbh.
I genuinely just say that they change and grow as a person.
- Brazilian Manuel Player

Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #711163

If his appeal is purely on the basis of the doxxing thing I can't disagree with him, if we are going to extend the benefit of the doubt that moff clearly was not being passive aggressive he also clearly was not threatening to doxx anyone.
He's still incapable of properly interacting with others though.
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #711164

I make my stance on the guy extremely clear at all times, which I bring up as important context for this bit.

I don't think it was a doxxing threat. From what we saw elsewhere, it seemed like it. But with the context surrounding it, I can see what was meant. I don't think I'd have said it myself but the autism part of my brain can kinda see it. People are bringing up that growing as a person is good, so he explains the kind of person he used to be, in an attempt to show that he is trying to grow and change from who he used to be.

Absolutely fuckstupid to say, but not something inherently malicious, and if it's enough time after the argument stopped, I could see it.

Hell, I have a Note myself (was a ban at the time) for saying something fuck awful about someone to someone else where that person could see, without thinking of what it would mean to the person in question.

No, I don't want to talk about it because what I did disgusts me and I'd rather leave it in the past. So while I won't say one way or another as far as Rule Enforcement goes, I at least don't think they were (morally) trying to threaten to doxx Moth.

That said, still a gigantic cunt, still should be banned, ripbozo, etc etc.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #711165

I disagree, it was definitely a doxing threat. If you are having a tantrum and blatantly insulting someone then saying they should be glad they didn't do something that is in fact 100% a threat. Give me one other reason someone would bring that up while throwing a tantrum.

"You are so lucky, in the past I would have shot your dog" (Totally not a threat).

Jacquerel wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:25 am If his appeal is purely on the basis of the doxxing thing I can't disagree with him, if we are going to extend the benefit of the doubt that moff clearly was not being passive aggressive he also clearly was not threatening to doxx anyone.
He's still incapable of properly interacting with others though.
Disagree. Moff didn't say anything hostile whatsoever, while Viro did it repeatedly and threw a huge tantrum while making the doxing remark. Also even if you think Moff was passive aggressive that was so minor and in a post with actual feedback that it doesn't matter in the first place. Doxing threats are a huge dick move.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
scamoppi
Byond Username: Noahyoshi

Post by scamoppi » #711170

did they ever even say anything along the lines of "you're lucky i dont doxx people anymore" or are people just game of telephoning sentences into whatever they want them to be?
𓆏 [...]... ([...] [...] [...] [...] [...]?)
BonChoi
Byond Username: BonChoi

Post by BonChoi » #711171

More and more time goes by and I just have a feeling that MothNyan wasn't intending to be condescending towards Viro, it's just that they probably thought that if they talked to Viro that way that hopefully someway somehow Viro wouldn't treat them like shit for their suggestions, but as we can see it had the opposite effect, and Viro absolutely blew the fuck up. I think that their perma should be replaced with a timed ban, maybe a couple months or so to allow them to cool the hell down because for right now I think that they may actually be too "dangerous" to interact with on Discord in any reasonable manner.
Another bad take provided by yours truly.

Istoprocent1 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:36 pm Baseless claims. I have been to the vault minimum of 38 times, how many suicides?
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #711173

kawoppi wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 1:52 pm did they ever even say anything along the lines of "you're lucky i dont doxx people anymore" or are people just game of telephoning sentences into whatever they want them to be?
https://discord.com/channels/3268221442 ... 1555713105
Viro — gisteren om 13:05
potato if you think this is bad you should've seen me 6 years ago

I would've gone through the slur dictionary by now back then

Viro — gisteren om 13:06
tbh back then I probably would've just doxxed this guy for pissing me off that much

which I did like
once
years and years ago
(bad thing)
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Prussen
Byond Username: Prussen

Post by Prussen » #711174

This guy should have been blacklisted, you cannot bring up the fact that you would you have doxxed someone if they had the inconvenience of criticizing you 6 years ago and believe that it would have not been perceived as a threat.

I also don’t believe it simply “slipped out of his mind” and that he was just innocently discussing his own self improvement…

The gitposter brought well formatted and worded constructive criticism and according to viro himself he could handle it, but we all know complementary colours obviously don’t exist and that critique is completely misguided.
bluedino1025
Byond Username: Bluedino1025

Post by bluedino1025 » #711190

I'm still waiting for someone to remove the forced boobs on the sec jumpskirt he sprote, I asked about it and, to paraphrase, I was told to cope
ImageImageImage
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #711192

Excellent title.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Pepper
Byond Username: ANIMETIDDIES

Post by Pepper » #711195

bluedino1025 wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 3:34 pm I'm still waiting for someone to remove the forced boobs on the sec jumpskirt he sprote, I asked about it and, to paraphrase, I was told to cope
They should be made bigger
help
DATAxPUNGED
Byond Username: DATAxPUNGED

Post by DATAxPUNGED » #711196

bluedino1025 wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 3:34 pm I'm still waiting for someone to remove the forced boobs on the sec jumpskirt he sprote, I asked about it and, to paraphrase, I was told to cope
Gonna extend them to every other clothing item in the game brb
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #711197

boobie
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #711199

Lmao
Googles_Hands
Byond Username: Googles_Hands

Post by Googles_Hands » #711203

Quality Control blacklist him for the good of himself and the community, I have zero confidence that he'll improve.
He can continue being a caustic asshole downstream on Skyrat.
GPeckman
Byond Username: GPeckman

Post by GPeckman » #711204

I still don't know why Viro hasn't been gitbanned yet.
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer

Post by Jacquerel » #711207

dendydoom wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 4:23 pmboobie
We have hit sufficient posts that this is now an official breasts thread
scamoppi
Byond Username: Noahyoshi

Post by scamoppi » #711208

CPTANT wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 2:15 pm
kawoppi wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 1:52 pm did they ever even say anything along the lines of "you're lucky i dont doxx people anymore" or are people just game of telephoning sentences into whatever they want them to be?
https://discord.com/channels/3268221442 ... 1555713105
potato if you think this is bad you should've seen me 6 years ago

I would've gone through the slur dictionary by now back then

tbh back then I probably would've just doxxed this guy for pissing me off that much

which I did like
once
years and years ago
(bad thing)
They were talking to somebody else at that point though. I don't think the charitable interpretation of it being a conversation about how bad they used to be is entirely out of the question. Still not a great thing to say given the circumstances though.

also speaking of boobies
NSFW:
awooga
why do they have blue feet that's pretty cool
𓆏 [...]... ([...] [...] [...] [...] [...]?)
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #711209

GPeckman wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 4:56 pm I still don't know why Viro hasn't been gitbanned yet.
Jaq threatened to do it last night before Viro was banned from the Discord.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Ziiro
Byond Username: Ziiro
Github Username: Ziiro

Post by Ziiro » #711210

yeah no keep this guy gone. Elitist, toxic asshole who is trying to away with threatening to dox someone because of word choice.
conrad wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 3:41 pm Excellent title.
100% agree, certified banger
GPeckman

Post by GPeckman » #711215

Vekter wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 5:40 pm
GPeckman wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 4:56 pm I still don't know why Viro hasn't been gitbanned yet.
Why does being banned from discord mean that Viro can't also be banned from github too? That's the part I don't get.
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #711218

Moth wrote a thesis about what was wrong with those lockers and got called condescending for it. Pearls before swine.
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #711219

kawoppi wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 5:36 pm
NSFW:
awooga
why do they have blue feet that's pretty cool
Nice Tits.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #711220

This is going to be a mess of thoughts so I'ma spoil it:
Spoiler:
I am a bit bummed that Viro left because it's clear they had dedication
I just don't think their color scheme or designs fit the rest of TG well
it's a shame they never really adjusted them because Viro's sprites can look good on TG with the right tweaks

Viro was 100% baiting people with the github thing
at the same time people have been incredibly hostile towards Viro
simultaneously Viro has been intentionally inflammatory and hostile
I am unsure who started it first but it's pretty clear both sides weren't going to budge, ever
I am unsure if Viro actually got special treatment as they were a regular contributor, but from a players perspective it looked like it due to the extremely fast merging of the crates + the merging of the cargo recolor + redesign when they didn't even recolor everything
this, combined with Viro acting like gods gift to the earth whenever a PR got merged, being incredibly condescending towards players, and the design/coloring change that most of their resprites brought, led to them being detested by a lot of people

their behavior towards Moff was far out of line
Moffs comments could be taken as being condescending, but I am 100% sure they meant well
Moffs thing about the color theory is understandably insulting from the perspective of an experienced spriter but I do not imagine they knew Viro was an experienced spriter, and I imagine they would have left such a comment on anyone's PR
at the same time TG is filled to the brim with full on aggressive to the point that people interpret being overly polite and stepping on eggshells to be a slight against them
Viro has a fragile ego and anything but praise gets them spitting acid, especially from users who haven't sprited, have sprited less than them, or aren't a spritetainer or sprite buddy.

the doxxing thing is important to understand in context because Viro didn't full on say to Moff "Be lucky I don't doxx like I used to", as Moff had long since left the sprite channel, they were talking to their spriter buddies
at the same time talking about doxxing at all, and especially stating that you had done it in the past to people who pissed you off is INCREDIBLY stupid, especially within such a short timespan of ranting against a person and insulting them repeatedly

it's a cultural norm at this point for contributors look down at the pl*yers and for the players to look down at the c*ders/sp*rters
both of these attitudes are self defeating, destructive, and toxic
I really wish the administration on both sides would try and clamp down on this, but I am unsure how it could be done
people posting "viro is gone" celebration pics frustrated me to be honest

I wish players were less toxic towards contributors
I wish contributors were less toxic and demeaning to players
I wish people would actually have good faith debates as opposed to both sides acting like fucking idiots
I wish we had old mosins back and old cargo back tbh
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #711234

RedBaronFlyer wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 6:33 pm This is going to be a mess of thoughts so I'ma spoil it:
Spoiler:
I am a bit bummed that Viro left because it's clear they had dedication
I just don't think their color scheme or designs fit the rest of TG well
it's a shame they never really adjusted them because Viro's sprites can look good on TG with the right tweaks

Viro was 100% baiting people with the github thing
at the same time people have been incredibly hostile towards Viro
simultaneously Viro has been intentionally inflammatory and hostile
I am unsure who started it first but it's pretty clear both sides weren't going to budge, ever
I am unsure if Viro actually got special treatment as they were a regular contributor, but from a players perspective it looked like it due to the extremely fast merging of the crates + the merging of the cargo recolor + redesign when they didn't even recolor everything
this, combined with Viro acting like gods gift to the earth whenever a PR got merged, being incredibly condescending towards players, and the design/coloring change that most of their resprites brought, led to them being detested by a lot of people

their behavior towards Moff was far out of line
Moffs comments could be taken as being condescending, but I am 100% sure they meant well
Moffs thing about the color theory is understandably insulting from the perspective of an experienced spriter but I do not imagine they knew Viro was an experienced spriter, and I imagine they would have left such a comment on anyone's PR
at the same time TG is filled to the brim with full on aggressive to the point that people interpret being overly polite and stepping on eggshells to be a slight against them
Viro has a fragile ego and anything but praise gets them spitting acid, especially from users who haven't sprited, have sprited less than them, or aren't a spritetainer or sprite buddy.

the doxxing thing is important to understand in context because Viro didn't full on say to Moff "Be lucky I don't doxx like I used to", as Moff had long since left the sprite channel, they were talking to their spriter buddies
at the same time talking about doxxing at all, and especially stating that you had done it in the past to people who pissed you off is INCREDIBLY stupid, especially within such a short timespan of ranting against a person and insulting them repeatedly

it's a cultural norm at this point for contributors look down at the pl*yers and for the players to look down at the c*ders/sp*rters
both of these attitudes are self defeating, destructive, and toxic
I really wish the administration on both sides would try and clamp down on this, but I am unsure how it could be done
people posting "viro is gone" celebration pics frustrated me to be honest

I wish players were less toxic towards contributors
I wish contributors were less toxic and demeaning to players
I wish people would actually have good faith debates as opposed to both sides acting like fucking idiots
I wish we had old mosins back and old cargo back tbh
Honestly that was incredibly well put for a mess of thoughts.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #711237

RedBaronFlyer wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 6:33 pm I wish we had old mosins back and old cargo back tbh
toxic post
Critawakets
Byond Username: CRITAWAKETS

Post by Critawakets » #711242

So they did an apology post on the github and said they'd leave for months to collect themselves... Only to immediately want to appeal on the discord they blew up on?

Mate, I don't know how to say this, but I don't think they were very sincere on the github about improving.
am gud enineering
scrungo
mrmelbert
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Mr Melbert

Post by mrmelbert » #711243

I think they posted the appeal before the apology.
Admin: December 2020 - Present
Code Maintainer: December 2021 - Present
Head Admin: Feburary 2022 - September 2022
Youtube Guy: sometimes

Critawakets
Byond Username: CRITAWAKETS

Post by Critawakets » #711244

Yeah looking back, seems they did the apology about ~3 hours after posting the appeal. Still doesn't give great looks, but that does make them look a lot better than the alternative.
am gud enineering
scrungo
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #711245

GPeckman wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 6:07 pm
Why does being banned from discord mean that Viro can't also be banned from github too? That's the part I don't get.
It doesn't, but most of what Viro was doing that was reprehensible occurred on the Discord and not the GIthub. They were warned by a maintainer for rage-baiting in the PR title/body and they fixed that part.

It would be like us banning someone from the servers for being a dickhead on the forums.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer

Post by Jacquerel » #711246

Critawakets wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:20 pm Yeah looking back, seems they did the apology about ~3 hours after posting the appeal. Still doesn't give great looks, but that does make them look a lot better than the alternative.
as far as I can tell he's also not asking to be unbanned he just doesn't want "made a threat of doxxing" on his record as he does not think that he did that
GPeckman

Post by GPeckman » #711249

Vekter wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:27 pm It doesn't, but most of what Viro was doing that was reprehensible occurred on the Discord and not the GIthub. They were warned by a maintainer for rage-baiting in the PR title/body and they fixed that part.

It would be like us banning someone from the servers for being a dickhead on the forums.
That does make sense. It still seems a little unreasonable to me that the flamebaiting is only worth a warning while "good riddance" gets an instant git permaban, but I guess the maintainers see things differently. Thank you for explaining.
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer

Post by Jacquerel » #711250

GPeckman wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 6:07 pm
Cards on the table;
I woke up and saw this exchange had happened overnight and was immediately furious.
However, I personally have never interacted with Viro in a moderator capacity and didn't (still don't) have any idea what previous action has been taken towards him by the sprite leads (which I am not). Maintainers are not generally speaking chosen for their capacities as social moderator, but also the guy has clearly had too many chances and was provably making the environment worse for other contributors so something had to give.
So despite feeling like I was stepping outside my juristiction a little (I wasn't really, there isn't such thing) I decided to tell Viro in no uncertain terms that if I saw anything like that again, completely intending to follow through and potentially start a fight with other maintainers by closing his PRs if anything happened again (tbh probably there would not have been one). Also investigate whether I am capable of gitbanning someone because I've never had to figure that out, or if I would have to ask someone else to do it.
But, and I won't be particularly mad if you think this is negligently lenient, I did not want to do this without giving him one warning first.

Unsurprisingly he took some objection to the idea that he was doing anything wrong, after which me and Potato then had like a 30 minute conversation with him trying to get him to understand what the problem was with his attitude, outcome unclear, until he went to bed. I'll be frank here in saying that probably it was only thgvr partially agreeing with us which made any impact on him at all but who can say. The hope we had was that he would reflect on this and maybe be slightly different in the morning, and if not then I would escalate to something else. I figured that if he wasn't going to make any effort to make a difference I would find out within about 48 hours anyway.
However while he was asleep the discord mods independently discovered what was up and banned him from Discord anyway (a call I certainly won't disagree with).

Nothing here means he couldn't be gitbanned, but as I personally don't think that the "he threatened to dox people" part is credible or important (he literally didn't) I don't see what the point is in doing it now.
He already by his own admission isn't going to be contributing for some time, and already closed the PR he had open. Unless he was lying in his comment (which would be easily remedied if so) then he is no longer actually a risk to driving away other contributors (which is the part I care about).

If he comes back in a few months and then returns to his old tricks then by all means I will do what I can (quite a lot) to ensure that his work does not find its way into the codebase (if I even have time to do that before someone else has) but that hasn't happened yet.
GPeckman wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:32 pm
Vekter wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:27 pm It doesn't, but most of what Viro was doing that was reprehensible occurred on the Discord and not the GIthub. They were warned by a maintainer for rage-baiting in the PR title/body and they fixed that part.

That does make sense. It still seems a little unreasonable to me that the flamebaiting is only worth a warning while "good riddance" gets an instant git permaban, but I guess the maintainers see things differently. Thank you for explaining.
Also Jimmyl was actually only banned for like a few hours he's already not banned any more.
GPeckman

Post by GPeckman » #711251

Jacquerel wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:41 pm Snip
That does put things into context, thank you.
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #711265

Jacquerel wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:41 pm snip
this was a really good read. thankyou for the insight. and im glad to see his behavior properly addressed
Constellado
Byond Username: Constellado

Post by Constellado » #711268

I think there is going to be even newer crates being put in.

A whole new set of crates all new. They are not done though, and was just testmerged for a short moment once I think.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #711270

The /tg/station project, also known as the /tg/station codebase, is distinguished among other ss13 projects in its focus on intuitive design. Not only does the /tg/station project utilize industry vetted methods including 'tooltips' and 'just giving up and explaining gameplay mechanics wholesale during gameplay'; the /tg/station project leverages the uniquely cultivated narrative setting of 'Space Station 13' to unintrusively guide players in the complex and often obtuse bullshit merged daily into the codebase. The /tg/station project is able to do this due to its niche cult following lending designers the ability to know the end user's thought process almost to a tee.
It is for this reason that the /tg/station design staff, in the name of intuitive design, has decided to adjust the HOS uniform sprites to remove any notion of an underlying chest, while adjusting the rest of the security uniform sprites to compensate. This is done to communicate to the end user the position of the HOS role as a sadistic, callous dictator of their own department in the most efficient and unintrusive way possible. The /tg/station design leads came to this conclusion after leveraging their intimate knowledge of the end user and finding that most players of the /tg/station server project (not to be confounded with the TGS project) are immensely socially stunted and incapable of understanding any relationship between women which is not dictated primarily by chest envy. It is for similar reasons that a user playing as a male HOS will find that their character begins the game with a height below 6 feet, as most end users see the relationships of men dictated primarily by their relative height and the presence of a napoleon complex in authority figures.
Timonk wrote:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
Thranos
Byond Username: Thranos

Post by Thranos » #711272

Capsandi wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:39 am
[extremely long shitpost rant about the HoS being a femcel/manlet]
Don't let MSO see that one.

But yeah some of the other sprites they've posted are even more uh... in that vein.
I didn't even know it was possibly to convey a cameltoe with that few pixels, and I wish I still didn't.
(The Syndicate Sniper Skinsuit Incident)
RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #711276

Someone responded to my post but they deleted it, bummer.
Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #711277

RedBaronFlyer wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:18 am Someone responded to my post but they deleted it, bummer.
I think its sort of fucked up to do so im going to snitch, dirk_mcblade routinely emptyquotes you and deletes his posts just 2 fuck with you
Timonk wrote:
RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #711280

Capsandi wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:23 am
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:18 am Someone responded to my post but they deleted it, bummer.
I think its sort of fucked up to do so im going to snitch, dirk_mcblade routinely emptyquotes you and deletes his posts just 2 fuck with you
Nah it was Prussen.