Deranged hostcel goes on rampage, billions will be banned

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
The Wrench
Byond Username: The Wrench

Deranged hostcel goes on rampage, billions will be banned

Post by The Wrench » #711213

Bottom post of the previous page:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=35284

Holy fucking shit
Jonathan Gupta wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:32 pm all you godamn do is whine and complain come up with ideas, stop bitching for christs sake.
Flatulent wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:02 am You and anyone who supports the rule 3 as described by mso is simply put not an lrp player

Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Re: Deranged hostcel goes on rampage, billions will be banned

Post by Timonk » #711334

Timonk wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:47 am i feel like theres a stonetoss comic for this
► Show Spoiler
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Jackraxxus
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Jackraxxus

Post by Jackraxxus » #711335

2nd panel, on the right; on the hand carrying the sign that is not being offered.
iamgoofball wrote:Vekter and MrMelbert are more likely to enforce the roleplay rules Manuel is supposed to be abiding by than Wesoda or Jackraxxus are.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #711337

Timonk wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:08 am
Timonk wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:47 am i feel like theres a stonetoss comic for this
► Show Spoiler
All that editing but you didn't edit out the nazi's domain name?
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #711341

No matter how bad the situation gets, we do not need to start posting stonetoss 😭
Somepan
Byond Username: Somepan

Post by Somepan » #711344

I would advise anyone who doesn't want to get banned on discord, to avoid speaking politics with MSO.
If you anger him enough and he can try and claim you're communicating in bad faith or whatever, he'll ban you.
I would advise you all to ignore him, but last time i did in discord i found myself muted for 10 minutes so. Who knows.
► Show Spoiler
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #711345

TheLoLSwat wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:42 pm No matter how bad the situation gets, we do not need to start posting stonetoss 😭
Ya know i was a lolswat hater but fr... This is just proving they are just like me fr...
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Timonk

Post by Timonk » #711350

CPTANT wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:16 am
Timonk wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:08 am
► Show Spoiler
All that editing but you didn't edit out the nazi's domain name?
whats the point when i already said that its a stonetoss comic
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #711359

I am now radicalized thanks to timonks shitty Photoshop.
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #711363

Somepan wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:03 pm I would advise anyone who doesn't want to get banned on discord, to avoid speaking politics with MSO.
If you anger him enough and he can try and claim you're communicating in bad faith or whatever, he'll ban you.
I would advise you all to ignore him, but last time i did in discord i found myself muted for 10 minutes so. Who knows.
I've gotten really good advice from him on, say, how to not lag so much after I moved to South America by messing with VPNs and bugging ISPs n stuff.

That is to say that MSO is like a force of nature. Enjoy nice summer's breeze, don't fly a kite during a thunderstorm.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
iain0
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Iain0

Post by iain0 » #711365

kinnebian wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:30 am im autistic and am offended that anyone would think in-cel is in any way related to that
Same and also have no idea what the connection is. Also this entire thread is just amazingly confusing if you dont have the inside scoop to know there's some word swapping going on. like if you read this at face value apparently we're having a massive drama over calling people autists. but we're not.

Confusing. But also just stop talking with people about anything politics. or religion. almost no-one engages in these things to have their opinion changed, only spread their own, so whats the point.

(Edit: Also if you do happen to be open minded enough to have your opinion changed ; go read a variety of better sources rather than duking it out with randos on the internet)
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #711369

So is everybody here really just gonna deny that the word has gotten so basterized to be lobbed at anybody who shows any level of social awkwardness or creepiness (which is just another word for social awkwardness)?

Hell you don't even have to go that far, here are some actual quotes from polcon that aren't even doing that, just taking hyperfixations and dropping the i word on them:
Also, banish people who make unnecessarily complicate setups... The core problem to fixing a SM is because some autist put down a billion pipes which are POINTLESS
imagine being an autist who masters shit like SS13 combat
imagine being an autist who knows the planes by name
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Post by Turbonerd » #711371

MrStonedOne wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:55 pm So is everybody here really just gonna deny that the word has gotten so basterized to be lobbed at anybody who shows any level of social awkwardness or creepiness (which is just another word for social awkwardness)?

Hell you don't even have to go that far, here are some actual quotes from polcon that aren't even doing that, just taking hyperfixations and dropping the i word on them:
Also, banish people who make unnecessarily complicate setups... The core problem to fixing a SM is because some autist put down a billion pipes which are POINTLESS
All of those examples you showed were around a year ago, two of which are from the same person. It doesn't seem to be a frequent phenomenom.
MrStonedOne
Host

Post by MrStonedOne » #711372

i did before:2023 because that was the quickest way to get past the most recent meta discussion.
NSFW:
Imitates-The-Lizards
Byond Username: Typhnox

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #711374

MrStonedOne wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:55 pm So is everybody here really just gonna deny that the word has gotten so basterized to be lobbed at anybody who shows any level of social awkwardness or creepiness (which is just another word for social awkwardness)?

You're not wrong, but we all had a discussion about this in this Policy Discussion thread: viewtopic.php?f=85&t=31344&p=635272

And we came to the conclusion that usually people are not using "autistic" in a derogatory manner, usually when people call something or someone autistic in this community it's actually being used in a positive manner, like being impressed at someone's "autism fort" or their "autism project".

In fact, I would be willing to wager that even that second quote you gave was someone praising people who have mastered ss13 combat and is just calling them robust in a really roundabout way.

I'm not saying it's right to do so, but that's how I usually see people using autistic/autism around here.

If you want, I can make a new policy discussion around banning autist/autism/autistic and the i word if you think their usage has become too bastardized and they're being used as primarily misandrist insults, though.
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #711376

lumping in autists with in-cel behaviour is incredibly insulting to autistic people, right? theres absolutely no correlation to either of them, and the replacement/censorship that relates it to autism is a shitty thing to do because it makes it harder to call out these shitty people!

In-cel is commonly used as a self-descriptor by people who typically hold extremely mysigonistic and terminally online views, I cannot stress enough it is not related to autism at all.

I contest your claim that the word is bastardized, It has gotten a lot more use online when calling out mysoginy in the day to day. I doubt either of us are going to convince the other about that.
respect (let him do his thing)
MrStonedOne
Host

Post by MrStonedOne » #711378

you can't divorce the nu-meaning from the word's roots. the word means involuntary celibate, which means anybody trying to find close intimacy, but can't.

Any additional meaning or baggage applied to the word is implicitly saying that about people who are lonely or unable to get laid. the association flows both ways.

And since this ties to a bunch of common harmful social trends that are mostly unchecked:
The association that men's societal worth or worthiness can be extrapolated from rather or not they are intimate with a women. (or rather, rather or not women let them be intimate with them)
The idea that men want sex. Men don't want sex, they aren't motivated by sex. This is a lie that men even tell themselves. Men by and large want and are motivated by a desire for close intimacy.

It's a huge mess of implicant bigotry towards men. Even if you only apply to some men, it's still based on harmful gendered ideals.

but because nobody cares about men the idea that taking a word that just means somebody who can't get laid, and tying all this extra baggage to it like that one killer or general misogyny or the worse of the worse of lonely men, is done without any critical thought.
NSFW:
kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #711382

you cannot seperate a word from its meaning that easily, thinking you are understanding something when you are really overcomplicating something.
It is typically used as a self descriptor by young men with views that are hateful towards men and especially women who are sexually active
it is in the textbook definition of the word
and what does any of this have to do with autism, anyways?
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #711394

the internet was a mistake
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #711396

rockthrow comic edits are kino
Pepper
Byond Username: ANIMETIDDIES

Post by Pepper » #711397

This is the logical endpoint of rule 11 btw. If you ban bigotry you don't get to pick and choose which kind you punish for. It's either all ok or none of it is.

god damn ninjas
Last edited by Pepper on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
help
kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #711398

Pepper wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:46 pm This is the logical endpoint of rule 12 btw. If you ban bigotry you don't get to pick and choose which kind you punish for. It's either all ok or none of it is.
you mean rule 11?
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #711400

Pepper wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:46 pm This is the logical endpoint of rule 11 btw. If you ban bigotry you don't get to pick and choose which kind you punish for. It's either all ok or none of it is.

god damn ninjas
He actually can choose to only allow punishment of slurs (or arbitrary words) which upset him while allowing ones he doesn't care about because he is the host and doesn't answer to anyone
stairmaster
Byond Username: Stairmaster

Post by stairmaster » #711404

dirk_mcblade wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:23 am
stairmaster wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:01 pm it's because capitalism incentivizes the atomization of society. it turns out eroding all social bonds in favor of market releations results in generations of folks who dont know how to socialize. if you'd like to know more I recommend reading Bowling Alone by Robert D. Putnam.
Meanwhile in North Korea, the breakdown of society is so great that children rat out their parents and get them executed according to the subject of escape from camp 14: https://youtu.be/R_kTEWbOuDQ?feature=shared
was hoping it'd be the joe rogan lady whose in all the memes 0/10
Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #711405

its pretty obvious that THE WRENCH lost the internet me thinks per chance
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #711406

what an coconut
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #711407

what the fuck why is that word censored too
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #711413

The meme, all names, characters, and incidents portrayed in this meme are fictitious. No identification with actual persons (living or deceased), places, buildings, and products is intended or should be inferred.
The meme, all names, characters, and incidents portrayed in this meme are fictitious. No identification with actual persons (living or deceased), places, buildings, and products is intended or should be inferred.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #711414

dirk_mcblade wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:48 pm I am now radicalized thanks to timonks shitty Photoshop.
i used paint
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

warbluke
Byond Username: Warbluke

Post by warbluke » #711419

Who the fuck makes meme edits like that in photoshop
feaster
Byond Username: Roadto3k

Post by feaster » #711422

ONE definitively cannot be involuntarily celibate
Last edited by feaster on Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #711423

warbluke wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:07 pm Who the fuck makes meme edits like that in photoshop
i do almost my photoshop work in paint
if i need fancy shit i use gimp
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #711425

i cracked my photoshop weird years ago and now whenever i start it my whole pc freezes for like 20 solid seconds it's terrifying but it always works i think it's something to do with stopping the authentication or w/e but that slight inconvenience has caused a huge dip in my desire to ever use it so i really understand the struggle ur going through right now respect
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #711426

Guys it's a generic term like googling something. Are you going to clarify that you use duckduckgo?
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #711427

dendydoom wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:11 pm i cracked my photoshop weird years ago and now whenever i start it my whole pc freezes for like 20 solid seconds it's terrifying but it always works i think it's something to do with stopping the authentication or w/e but that slight inconvenience has caused a huge dip in my desire to ever use it so i really understand the struggle ur going through right now respect
every time you run it, it's running onehalf
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #711428

feaster wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:29 pm ONE definitively cannot be involuntarily celibate
what does he know tg
feaster
Byond Username: Roadto3k

Post by feaster » #711431

Let me bing it real quick
soreyew
Byond Username: SoreYew

Post by soreyew » #711466

Pepper wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:46 pm This is the logical endpoint of rule 11 btw. If you ban bigotry you don't get to pick and choose which kind you punish for. It's either all ok or none of it is.

god damn ninjas
Gendered slurs next.
Unsane
Byond Username: RiceRicebbb

Post by Unsane » #711467

Lainpilled femcel girlboss watamotemaxxing
Sanity cucks would never comprehend this based doomer shit
Shy Hime, a mime main and crazy ong fr :3 crazy CRAZY uwaa, gayest boy on Liyue
ImageImage
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #711471

With how MSO talks about feminism I absolutely believe he's never touched titties before
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #711474

This is certainly one of the threads of all time
Hugs
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #711475

Hello ourple lizard
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #711482

RedBaronFlyer wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 9:20 pm [Snip]
You will be missed.
MrStonedOne
Host

Post by MrStonedOne » #711485

EmpressMaia wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:02 am With how MSO talks about feminism I absolutely believe he's never touched titties before
What a take
NSFW:
Pepper
Byond Username: ANIMETIDDIES

Post by Pepper » #711487

MrStonedOne wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 5:02 am What a take
are you a big boob guy or a small boob guy
help
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TheBibleMelts

Post by TheBibleMelts » #711489

i'm more of a boob, myself.
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #711492

CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:54 am
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 9:20 pm [Snip]
You will be missed.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #711526

I am a left nipple kinda guy
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #711544

I think the admins took away my ability to upload images when I responded w/ poggers soyjaks when an admin was talking about writing marvel quips. I'm in a dark place right now
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #711545

Can I get some sad wojaks please
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #711560

On the subject of women fearing men...

I've written up and scrapped my actual post out of fear of retaliation about 20 times now.
Hugs
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #711562

I fear man and woman alike
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote: