Security doesn't have chemistry with an assistant

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Security doesn't have chemistry with an assistant

Post by Dax Dupont » #712226

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=35337

Not really sure how you're supposed to verify it unless shit is broken still. Having a circular saw is at least some evidence he's been in medbay or maybe cargo.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Re: Security doesn't have chemistry with an assistant

Post by CPTANT » #712228

I do wonder what the point of the precedent that brig times are IC is when it is going to be ignored every time because the admin feels it wasn't IC after all.
Last edited by CPTANT on Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Kieth4

Post by kieth4 » #712229

sec arrest for minor crimes mfs when sec arrests for minor crimes: :o

I feel like this is just a singular example of why I would never want to force people to play in a certain way e.g viewtopic.php?f=33&t=35283&start=50

Every admin has their interpretation of how they view these situations. The seccie's only crime, in this case, was believing the wrong person potentially. In a deception game is this not to be expected? He got brigged for 5m which isn't the end of the world regardless.... feels like a very weird note to drop IMO and I think if the policy gets actually hit in (well it is in now right? so I guess it's more like going forward) we will see more situations like this
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #712230

I think these actions were completely undeserving of a ban and justifiable within the rules.

That said, this should be denied because its a felinid security main.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #712233

Itseasytosee2me wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:19 pm I think these actions were completely undeserving of a ban and justifiable within the rules.

It's not a ban, it's a note. Which it also shouldn't be.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Pepper
Byond Username: ANIMETIDDIES

Post by Pepper » #712257

The banning admin's response didn't even try to acknowledge that his ruling is in direct contradiction of established security policy. All sentences less than 10 minutes are an IC issue. Doc really said "This guy attacked me in chemistry with a saw", the officer stripped the guy and found a bloody saw. What more investigation do you need, especially for a short brig sentence like that?

Does the headmin team really think brigging someone for 5 minutes over having a weapon is an 'extrme and sadistic' thing?
help
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TheBibleMelts

Post by TheBibleMelts » #712258

Pepper wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 2:35 am The banning admin's response didn't even try to acknowledge that his ruling is in direct contradiction of established security policy. All sentences less than 10 minutes are an IC issue.
are you talking about the security policy that starts with this?

ic issues stemming from what may be a break of rule 1 still warrant notes to establish what might be a players habit of breaking said 'don't be a dick' rule.

as i said in the appeal, they've had issues in the past with this manner of playstyle and want both them and future administrators looking into adminhelps to be aware that they should not be backsliding into old habits.
saprasam
Byond Username: Saprasam

Post by saprasam » #712260

shouldve just done this tbh
(FORMER) tgmc admin (I HAVE REGAINED MY HUMAN RIGHTS)
Pepper
Byond Username: ANIMETIDDIES

Post by Pepper » #712261

TheBibleMelts wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 2:42 am
Pepper wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 2:35 am The banning admin's response didn't even try to acknowledge that his ruling is in direct contradiction of established security policy. All sentences less than 10 minutes are an IC issue.
are you talking about the security policy that starts with this?

Brigging someone for 5 minutes is not being a dick, even if the arresting officer is wrongfully imprisoning you. Rule 10 applies here. Sometimes you just lose.
help
Itseasytosee2me

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #712263

It may be true that Sun Catton is a dick and an unfun security officer both to play alongside and against.

However this is still a bad note, as their actions here are explicitly protected. If you wanted to note them for being a dick, you should have just noted them for being a dick.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master

Post by TheBibleMelts » #712265

Itseasytosee2me wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 3:12 am It may be true that Sun Catton is a dick and an unfun security officer both to play alongside and against.

However this is still a bad note, as their actions here are explicitly protected. If you wanted to note them for being a dick, you should have just noted them for being a dick.
i did though.
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #712270

I'm gonna try this in one of my rounds
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
8bot
Byond Username: 8botticus

Post by 8bot » #712271

always good to see a redshirt getting punished for their misdeeds
the gamer formerly known as "remanseptim"
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #712272

saprasam wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 2:43 am Image
shouldve just done this tbh
i was the person that brigged that mime i remember this
Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #712273

This ban(note) is terrible. I hate that the safe thing for officers to do is to catch and release anyone who isn't vaild and even if "the player in question is actually shitsec routinely trust me bros"(I wouldn't know cuz idk stunbaton's playstyle) I still don't like that the only recent administrative action concerning this is to note for a 5 minute sentence.

Also quoting the only other post in the thread in its entirety when there is no question as to who you are replying to is madness.
Last edited by Capsandi on Wed Nov 22, 2023 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
Constellado
Byond Username: Constellado

Post by Constellado » #712274

Is this MRP or LRP? I know some people used to (maybe still do? I don't know, might be better now.) complain about security that does not talk to people who is in cuffs in manuel. I have seen people get arrested, they ask why they were arested and get 0 response from the warden. Its atrocious really. This case its a bit different though. The player that got noted did actually talk to the player. Mind you, they were in a cell at this point, and they did not confirm the crimes or ask questions, which i guess could count as a borderline issue for MRP?

Thing is, In my opinion it's NOT a dick move to put a player in the brig for 5 minutes after said player was dragged in by another player saying: "they broke into chem and attacked me with a saw". Yeah, fine, he did not ask questions which is annoying, but in my opinion it is not worth a note. Especially since he did talk to the player atleast (I also do not think saying "Assistantism is a SEVERE crime" as a rule 1 breaking sentence...) If its MRP, maaybe it could be a verbal warning saying to investigate more, but I do think its too much for a note, especially if its the first time they brigged a person without asking questions.

If this is on LRP this is just a shitty note and should not exist.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
britgrenadier1
Byond Username: Britgrenadier1

Post by britgrenadier1 » #712275

is having a bloody (or not bloody) circ saw on you really not enough probable cause to believe someone has broken in to medical? Seriously? What was the seccie meant to do? Brig the guy and then take a trip to medical to verify? Bring them both into the interrogation room?
I play Culls-The-Leviathan and Chris O' Riley. Primarily on Manny

8bot

Post by 8bot » #712277

britgrenadier1 wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 3:52 am is having a bloody (or not bloody) circ saw on you really not enough probable cause to believe someone has broken in to medical? Seriously? What was the seccie meant to do? Brig the guy and then take a trip to medical to verify? Bring them both into the interrogation room?
brig em for like 2 minutes (still cringe) but following space law sentences additively is truly wretched.
GPeckman
Byond Username: GPeckman

Post by GPeckman » #712281

TheBibleMelts wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 3:17 am
Itseasytosee2me wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 3:12 am It may be true that Sun Catton is a dick and an unfun security officer both to play alongside and against.

i did though.
Nothing in the note actually does say that though. I'll break it down piece by piece:
Warned about serving punishments harsher than warranted for with the information they were given in the round.
Nothing about being a dick here, just the punishment apparently being too harsh for the evidence available.
In this instance, 30 seconds into their shift as security, had a lockered assistant dropped off in front of the brig with a statement from the locker-dragger that they'd tried to break into chemistry and attack them.
Just establishing facts here.
They accepted this as absolute fact and the assistant spent around 7-8 minutes in the brig, in addition to having several of their items taken.
Again, nothing here about the sec player acting like a dick. The emphasis is on the time the assistant spent in the brig. The items being taken thing is too vague to really draw conclusions from; it could just as easily be confiscated contraband.
Warranted or not, you should put some minimal effort into verifying something like this before, in your own words, giving someone the 'shitsec' routine.
This section implies that the issue is a lack of due diligence. Whether or not due diligence was done, it has nothing to do with being a dick
Claimed possession of a circular saw was the information they needed to confirm the locker-draggers claims of a crime, citing it as contraband.
More establishing facts.

In conclusion, nothing in the note is about being a dick, all of it is about the sec player being too harsh and/or not gathering enough evidence.

Regarding the harshness, the rules say that brig sentences under 10 minutes are an IC issue. Full stop. Regarding the evidence thing, here is my understanding of the situation. The chemist accuses the assistant of attacking them with a saw. The sec player detains and searches the assistant, and finds a bloody saw. That seems like plenty of evidence to me. If you disagree, then I'm curious to know what you would have done instead. Is there some other piece of evidence that the sec player should have found? Or would you have just told the chemist "not enough evidence, too bad" and let the assistant go?
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master

Post by TheBibleMelts » #712283

GPeckman wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 4:48 am

i did though.
Nothing in the note actually does say that though. I'll break it down piece by piece:
Warned about serving punishments harsher than warranted for with the information they were given in the round.
Nothing about being a dick here, just the punishment apparently being too harsh for the evidence available.
In this instance, 30 seconds into their shift as security, had a lockered assistant dropped off in front of the brig with a statement from the locker-dragger that they'd tried to break into chemistry and attack them.
They accepted this as absolute fact and the assistant spent around 7-8 minutes in the brig, in addition to having several of their items taken.
Again, nothing here about the sec player acting like a dick. The emphasis is on the time the assistant spent in the brig. The items being taken thing is too vague to really draw conclusions from; it could just as easily be confiscated contraband.
Warranted or not, you should put some minimal effort into verifying something like this before, in your own words, giving someone the 'shitsec' routine.
This section implies that the issue is a lack of due diligence. Whether or not due diligence was done, it has nothing to do with being a dick
Claimed possession of a circular saw was the information they needed to confirm the locker-draggers claims of a crime, citing it as contraband.
More establishing facts.

In conclusion, nothing in the note is about being a dick, all of it is about the sec player being too harsh and/or not gathering enough evidence.

Regarding the harshness, the rules say that brig sentences under 10 minutes are an IC issue. Full stop. Regarding the evidence thing, here is my understanding of the situation. The chemist accuses the assistant of attacking them with a saw. The sec player detains and searches the assistant, and finds a bloody saw. That seems like plenty of evidence to me. If you disagree, then I'm curious to know what you would have done instead. Is there some other piece of evidence that the sec player should have found? Or would you have just told the chemist "not enough evidence, too bad" and let the assistant go?
just calling someone a dick in a note doesn't help anybody. i laid down the actions that I thought were boundary toeing in the note, and said why I thought that to be the case. they had a player dragged to them lockered up, with two stories presented. they asked no questions, assaulted the player, and then used more dialogue to taunt them than to clarify a confusing situation that they encountered 30 seconds into their shift. i don't think it was warranted to go the extra mile to aggravate the tider without first putting any effort into questioning the situation.
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #712288

>30 seconds into their shift as security, had a lockered assistant dropped off in front of the brig with a statement from the locker-dragger that they'd tried to break into chemistry and attack them. They accepted this as absolute fact and the assistant spent around 7-8 minutes in the brig, in addition to having several of their items taken.

stopped reading, very based sun

this ban/note reeks of something i'd see on hippy
PROTIP FOR ADMINS AND PERHAPS SOME HEADMINS IF A SHITTER AHELPS AND IS OBVIOUSLY A SHITTER YOU CLOSE THE AHELP WITH THE BIG OL "IC ISSUE" STAMPED AT THE BOTTOM
Last edited by Kendrickorium on Wed Nov 22, 2023 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stabbystab
Byond Username: StabbyStab

Post by Stabbystab » #712289

What kind of bullshit note is this, this guy got off easy for attacking a doc and only got a 5 minute brig sentence. Tbm please for the love of all that is holy remove this note.
Itseasytosee2me

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #712291

i did though.
You didn't note them for a dickish playstyle. You noted them for an incident in which they didn't break any rules.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
AlamoTurtle
Byond Username: Alamo Turtle

Post by AlamoTurtle » #712292

I'll pitch in and also say "euch". It's a bad note, namely for the part where Wolfmoy mentioned it's inactionable for under 10 minutes, let alone 5, and as this isn't exactly being a dick to an assistant who was already being problematic, this note has no solid basis to stand on. If security has to start considering whether other players imprisoned someone in a locker 6 minutes prior to arrest and to tell the doctor "well you already brigged him for that long so let him go", there'd be a lot of brigs being revolted against. I'd rather we not punish officers for doing what they have with limited in-game information as per the purpose of a deception game, especially the unfortunate officers who latejoin without knowing what's going on, instead of people for causing conflict in medical or doctors trapping said conflict-starters in gbj lockers for minutes at a time.
8bot

Post by 8bot » #712294

choosing to play security is the same as choosing the "i wish to ruin the round for people, i wish to destroy all traces of fun" option (unlockable only if you get the secret code)
people thought the joker option was the clown but no it's being a redshirt
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin

Post by kieth4 » #712296

TheBibleMelts wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 5:14 am
GPeckman wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 4:48 am

i did though.
More establishing facts.

just calling someone a dick in a note doesn't help anybody. i laid down the actions that I thought were boundary toeing in the note, and said why I thought that to be the case. they had a player dragged to them lockered up, with two stories presented. they asked no questions, assaulted the player, and then used more dialogue to taunt them than to clarify a confusing situation that they encountered 30 seconds into their shift. i don't think it was warranted to go the extra mile to aggravate the tider without first putting any effort into questioning the situation.
This feels like you're punishing someone for something that doesn't entirely matter.

The way that it comes off is that someone lost the social game (they believed someone else) and they're being noted for being wrong.

The investigation was also fine, what do you want security to do? If a guy says "I was attacked with a saw" and you check the attackers bag and he has a saw. That is the verification. You cannot prove who is right and wrong you can only pick a side, to reiterate, it feels like he picked the wrong side and is punished for this. 5m is might be a bit of the high end (still ic) but the guy was being weird so I fully understand why the guy went with 5m in brig.

Role-playing as an asshole also isn't entirely against the rules and I don't think the line was crossed here really
GPeckman

Post by GPeckman » #712300

TheBibleMelts wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 5:14 am just calling someone a dick in a note doesn't help anybody.
You don't have to outright call them a dick. Just put something like "This is a rule 1 ban for xyz" in the note and suddenly there's much less confusion.
TheBibleMelts wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 5:14 am i laid down the actions that I thought were boundary toeing in the note, and said why I thought that to be the case. they had a player dragged to them lockered up, with two stories presented. they asked no questions,
The chemist accused the assistant player of attacking them with a saw, the sec player found a bloody saw in the assistant's backpack, and the assistant didn't even deny attacking the chemist, they just claimed that it was alright because the chemist supposedly took their money.
TheBibleMelts wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 5:14 am assaulted the player,
If one hit with the circular saw is really that bad then put it in the note. Right now, it feels like you're doing the exact same thing you accused the sec player of doing:
TheBibleMelts wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 2:09 am nowhere in this do i see you IC'ly bring up contraband, and i suspect you only raised that point retroactively during the adminhelp to try and convince me you weren't being a dick
It looks like you're retroactively trying to find things to justify the note that should've been included in the note in the first place if they were really that important.
TheBibleMelts wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 5:14 am and then used more dialogue to taunt them than to clarify a confusing situation that they encountered 30 seconds into their shift. i don't think it was warranted to go the extra mile to aggravate the tider without first putting any effort into questioning the situation.
The assistant immediately ran away instead of cooperating and then proceeded to mald about the chemist player in a way that seriously blurred the line between OOC and IC. That seems like plenty of reason to take of the kid gloves to me.
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #712301

i haven't looked into this one at all (no idea what round it even is) so i don't feel comfortable commenting on whether it's valid or not but my true concern is for how sec players will see this and parse this ruling. sec being punished for believing someone's story and brigging someone for a sentence squarely still within the "good faith" zone has weird optics for people who are unsure of how to approach sec and how they should wield their authority.

like some others have said i would be interested to know what the "good ending" of this sort of situation would look like - what was the player doing that pushed it from "acceptable" to "note because we don't want to see this behaviour"? how much of a dick does someone have to be before sec are allowed to deviate from standard operating procedure and perform some experimental police work on a detainee? are these 2 things related? that is, if the detainee really did act like a shitheel and the sec officer found clear evidence of it through a perfect investigation, would they then be entitled to fuck around with a prisoner? or is this generally a thing we don't like with sec now?

these are not all questions for tbm, just general thoughts and feelings after dipping my toes into this.
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #712303

We have reached the point where security doing their job is considered being a dick.

This isn't a court of law, sec has to make decissions with the information they have. And yes if you have contraband, don't deny the charges, resist the arrest and tell people to die then people are more inclined to judge against you.

Also abusing rule 1 to overrule something that has clear precedent is extremely poor form.

Shit note. 0/10.
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #712304

*looks
YOU'RE SUPPOSED
TO PUT NUT
IN THE TITLE
WHAT'S YOUR PROBLEM
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Bepis
Byond Username: AurumDude

Post by Bepis » #712314

secnut doesn't have chemnut with an assnut
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #712320

Im a little unsure what the actual specific reason for this note is. The note itself says one thing (none of which is against standard operating procedures and some of which is kinda inaccurate), the admin says another in the peanut, and a third thing in the actual appeal response.

What *is* the rule 1 being a dick issue that is apparently the note reason despite not being in the note reason?
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Hans
Byond Username: Lipino7

Post by Hans » #712329

Does TBM hate security players?
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #712331

8bot wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 6:31 am choosing to play security is the same as choosing the "i wish to ruin the round for people, i wish to destroy all traces of fun" option (unlockable only if you get the secret code)
people thought the joker option was the clown but no it's being a redshirt
You have to be 18 to play on this sever.
AsbestosSniffer
Byond Username: The Asbestos Sniffer

Post by AsbestosSniffer » #712334

Bad note for reasons already described above.
Observer main. Otherwise I play Lucy Trelawney on Manuel.
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #712336

Bepis wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:37 am secnut doesn't have chemnut with an assnut
THANK YOU
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
BonChoi
Byond Username: BonChoi

Post by BonChoi » #712348

So sad that I got to this peanut after the note was removed but as a person who plays sec fairly often I hate this so much, so glad that me getting bwoinked for not opening a full fledged investigation on every shitter that gets dragged to the brig will be on my mind now.
Another bad take provided by yours truly.

Istoprocent1 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:36 pm Baseless claims. I have been to the vault minimum of 38 times, how many suicides?
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #712349

Bad note. Sec officers don't have an ooc requirement to be fair if the punishments are less than 10 minutes and the nerve of rule 1ing one for brigging an assistant is amazing.
DaydreamIQ
Byond Username: DaydreamIQ

Post by DaydreamIQ » #712350

Just another prime example of why we should outright ban greyshits for making everyone around them miserable
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #712354

"you didn't give due process to an assistant" - an actual headmin
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #712358

i found a better peanut name:
HES PULLING HIS CLOCK OUT
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Rageguy505
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rageguy505

Post by Rageguy505 » #712368

Space station 13 is a game built on misinformation
chocolate_bickie
Byond Username: Chocolate_bickie

Post by chocolate_bickie » #712373

Itseasytosee2me wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:19 pm I think these actions were completely undeserving of a ban and justifiable within the rules.

Oof, thanks for pointing that out.

I was siding with the appeal but now I don't think it was harsh enough.
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #712379

[2023-11-21 02:36:25.881] GAME-SAY: 02:36:25.881] GAME-SAY: Pepperoni Playboy/(Turbo Junior) "Go do your job rete" (Fourth Floor Aft Hallway (125,127,5))
[2023-11-21 02:36:32.939] GAME-SAY: 02:36:32.939] GAME-SAY: Pepperoni Playboy/(Turbo Junior) "give me my money back too" (Fourth Floor Aft Hallway (125,127,5))
[2023-11-21 02:36:33.411] GAME-SAY: 02:36:33.411] GAME-SAY: Tjatpbnj/(Acco) "this guy broke into chem and attacked me with a saw" (Fourth Floor Aft Hallway (124,127,5))
[2023-11-21 02:36:37.500] GAME-SAY: 02:36:37.500] GAME-SAY: Pepperoni Playboy/(Turbo Junior) "YOU STOLE MY CASH" (Fourth Floor Aft Hallway (125,127,5))
[2023-11-21 02:36:46.759] GAME-SAY: 02:36:46.759] GAME-SAY: Pepperoni Playboy/(Turbo Junior) "good GOD dude" (Fourth Floor Aft Hallway (125,127,5))
[2023-11-21 02:36:47.954] GAME-SAY: 02:36:47.954] GAME-SAY: Tjatpbnj/(Acco) "i have a normal amount of credits" (Fourth Floor Aft Hallway (123,127,5))
[2023-11-21 02:36:53.407] GAME-SAY: 02:36:53.407] GAME-SAY: Pepperoni Playboy/(Turbo Junior) "I just want my fucking money back." (Fourth Floor Aft Hallway (124,128,5))
Did the security officer even attempt to ask about this thou?

Security officers should not be assuming the assistant is in the wrong because they are an assistant, that is meta and ooc. TBM was right here and you all are just ignoring the context that is inconvenient to your reeee'ing.

it sounds like both could have needed to be brigged. one for simple theft and the other for trying to murder death kill over simple theft.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
GPeckman

Post by GPeckman » #712381

MrStonedOne wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 6:23 pm Did the security officer even attempt to ask about this thou?

Security officers should not be assuming the assistant is in the wrong because they are an assistant, that is meta and ooc. TBM was right here and you all are just ignoring the context that is inconvenient to your reeee'ing.

it sounds like both could have needed to be brigged. one for simple theft and the other for trying to murder death kill over simple theft.
I mean, even if we ignore the fact the assistant tried to run instead of cooperating, there's still an issue. There is no rule requiring security officers to investigate every single alleged minor crime.
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #712382

MrStonedOne wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 6:23 pm
[2023-11-21 02:36:25.881] GAME-SAY: 02:36:25.881] GAME-SAY: Pepperoni Playboy/(Turbo Junior) "Go do your job rete" (Fourth Floor Aft Hallway (125,127,5))
[2023-11-21 02:36:32.939] GAME-SAY: 02:36:32.939] GAME-SAY: Pepperoni Playboy/(Turbo Junior) "give me my money back too" (Fourth Floor Aft Hallway (125,127,5))
[2023-11-21 02:36:33.411] GAME-SAY: 02:36:33.411] GAME-SAY: Tjatpbnj/(Acco) "this guy broke into chem and attacked me with a saw" (Fourth Floor Aft Hallway (124,127,5))
[2023-11-21 02:36:37.500] GAME-SAY: 02:36:37.500] GAME-SAY: Pepperoni Playboy/(Turbo Junior) "YOU STOLE MY CASH" (Fourth Floor Aft Hallway (125,127,5))
[2023-11-21 02:36:46.759] GAME-SAY: 02:36:46.759] GAME-SAY: Pepperoni Playboy/(Turbo Junior) "good GOD dude" (Fourth Floor Aft Hallway (125,127,5))
[2023-11-21 02:36:47.954] GAME-SAY: 02:36:47.954] GAME-SAY: Tjatpbnj/(Acco) "i have a normal amount of credits" (Fourth Floor Aft Hallway (123,127,5))
[2023-11-21 02:36:53.407] GAME-SAY: 02:36:53.407] GAME-SAY: Pepperoni Playboy/(Turbo Junior) "I just want my fucking money back." (Fourth Floor Aft Hallway (124,128,5))

i'm assuming the guy was acting like a fucking asshole, got layed out on the floor by acco for it, then had his money stolen

also what a great thanksgiving thread where we can all come together in our opinions for once
Redrover1760
Byond Username: Redrover1760

Post by Redrover1760 » #712386

GPeckman wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 6:31 pm
MrStonedOne wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 6:23 pm Did the security officer even attempt to ask about this thou?

I mean, even if we ignore the fact the assistant tried to run instead of cooperating, there's still an issue. There is no rule requiring security officers to investigate every single alleged minor crime.
Well actualllyy :geek:

Yeah, there is. Its the new fucking policy made by the headmins literally no one likes and that needs to be revisited and removed as soon as possible.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=35283
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin

Post by kieth4 » #712390

MrStonedOne wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 6:23 pm

What makes this an ooc issue, it's ic. Homie complains about an assistant seccie looks at it, seems sus, puts him away within a fine ic time limit. (Under 10m punishments are ic)

I don't really think it needed admin evolvement imo

He believed the chemist over the assistant like how in society you'd believe a person with a job over some hobo. I wouldn't entirely say it's an ooc belief but an ic one that has developed over time due to the nature of the station.

You put more credence to some jobs over others and that's fine because it's rp and society
GPeckman

Post by GPeckman » #712391

Redrover1760 wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 6:53 pm Well actualllyy :geek:

Yeah, there is. Its the new fucking policy made by the headmins literally no one likes and that needs to be revisited and removed as soon as possible.

That is a proposal thread, its not policy yet and hopefully the headmins won't implement it.
Redrover1760
Byond Username: Redrover1760

Post by Redrover1760 » #712392

GPeckman wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:08 pm
Redrover1760 wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 6:53 pm Well actualllyy :geek:

That is a proposal thread, its not policy yet and hopefully the headmins won't implement it.
Incorrect. Scroll partway through. It is policy.
Cheshify wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:35 pm This is being addressed with the updated Rule 5 rework we're taking a crack at. Sec should generally be following rule 1, not allowing tiders/antags to get away with whatever unless there's some kind of roleplay, and doing their job to some extent. If you don't want to handle crimes, don't play security. Reasons for a secoff to not do their job if it benefits the round quality can be handled under rule 0 (letting an antag go 'by mistake' to keep the round interesting, accepting a bribe to be elsewhere when someone is hacking into tech storage, etc.)

Admins should not be banning secoffs for "not doing enough" if they're at least trying or have a roleplay reason for not handling something. This could be more of an issue in the case of "Hey admins I called for a nearby officer to help me and they watched a tider beat me to death."

Cheshify - Wrote it
TBM - Sounds Good
Fikou - Approved