The nut of the immortal flying heretic

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

The nut of the immortal flying heretic

Post by CPTANT » #712404

Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Re: The nut of the immortal flying heretic

Post by Jacquerel » #712405

I'll be honest if someone has got out of cuffs on the shuttle on the way out and has stunned another officer i dont know why you wouldnt space them, impossible to know their other capabilities and they're clearly going to cause trouble
worst case is that they cant play for 90 seconds
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #712407

Honestly pretty smooth moves, honestly an immortal heretic after dealing with all that shit, I'd probably throw them out of the airlock too. Everyone's safe and the heretic going after sec officers has been eliminated.
Pepper
Byond Username: ANIMETIDDIES

Post by Pepper » #712408

Dax Dupont wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 8:54 pm Honestly pretty smooth moves, honestly an immortal heretic after dealing with all that shit, I'd probably throw them out of the airlock too. Everyone's safe and the heretic going after sec officers has been eliminated.
If he didn't want to get thrown out the airlock why was he trying to kill security right next to it?
help
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #712411

Guy was immortal and openly fucking with security officers. The heretic should be banned for banbaiting.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
Constellado
Byond Username: Constellado

Post by Constellado » #712433

This is why I don't play sec.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Redrover1760
Byond Username: Redrover1760

Post by Redrover1760 » #712447

Pfft. The video's just funny honestly.
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #712450

ngl that was a stylish throw well done
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #712454

Constellado wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 12:45 am This is why I don't play sec.
oooOooOOOOOoòo you want to babysit autistic man children in a space game OOOoooOOOooooo
Imitates-The-Lizards
Byond Username: Typhnox

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #712455

RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #712456

“Why doesn’t anyone want to play sec?”

*gestures broadly at dynamic and these latest sec bans/notes*

-

I always thought trying to break out of security on the shuttle/resist arrest was like trying to escape perma after being jailed where it's an insta-valid (depending) since it puts so many crew at risk.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
knightlyeli
Byond Username: Kochieboy

Post by knightlyeli » #712457

Honestly this; I can do way more good, with way less scrutiny as any other department.
:ian: LEAST ROBUST SCIENTIST SINCE 2011 :ian:

TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

Post by TheRex9001 » #712458

Very clean throw ngl
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #712461

6/10 thread title

10/10 throw
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #712464

what a throw holy shit
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
Imitates-The-Lizards

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #712467

So he couldn't kill the heretic because he was immortal.

He couldn't cuff him because he didn't have cuffs.

The heretic proved he was hostile by attacking a fellow security officer.

So what exactly was the security officer supposed to do exactly, BESIDES throw him out of an airlock? What alternate course of action was he supposed to take here?

Free this man, he is innocent.
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #712471

used to play college ball yknow
respect (let him do his thing)
Imitates-The-Lizards

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #712490

What makes this even worse is the fact that there's currently a policy discussion thread up where MRP admins want security to at least not ignore crime.

I wonder how you square that circle with this appeal, and how he basically had 0 options besides yeeting the heretic out of the airlock or ignoring the crime, since he didnt have cuffs and could not kill him. Since if that policy passes, in this case, it would be LITERALLY impossible for the security officer to avoid a bwoink since ignoring the assault right in front of him would have gotten him bwoinked too, if this same situation happens again in the future. :lol:
Last edited by Imitates-The-Lizards on Thu Nov 23, 2023 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #712491

Kendrickorium wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 7:02 am 6/10 thread title

10/10 throw
This is fair.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Constellado
Byond Username: Constellado

Post by Constellado » #712495

Imitates-The-Lizards wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 12:09 pm What makes this even worse is the fact that there's currently a policy discussion thread up where MRP admins want security to at least not ignore crime.

I wonder how you square that circle with this appeal, and how he basically had 0 options besides yeeting the heretic out of the airlock or ignoring the crime, since he didnt have cuffs and could not kill him. Since if that policy passes, in this case, it would be LITERALLY impossible for the security officer to avoid a bwoink since ignoring the assault right in front of him would have gotten him bwoinked too, if this same situation happens again in the future. :lol:
That thought terrifies me.

The only other valid option truely was to not do anything...
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #712496

TBM should take a break from noting sec players, he's been having a lot of misses lately
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #712522

Imitates-The-Lizards wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 12:09 pm What makes this even worse is the fact that there's currently a policy discussion thread up where MRP admins want security to at least not ignore crime.

hopefully exposure to these sorts of situations will inform and enlighten administration and policy writing. i was one of the dreaded mrp admins that opposed this policy because i think having 1 correct choice of action at any time is a disservice to the full breadth and depth of the game, sec included. imo both arresting and yeeting the heretic should have been viable given the circumstances, and it was an IC choice to defend your comrade/friend if it means making a split second decision to throw someone's limp regenerating carcass out of an escape shuttle. makes for a pretty cool story.
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #712527

I think you'll struggle to find an admin that wants more micromanaged play.

Those that want more out of players ask for more IC reasoning for actions instead of OOC reasoning. It's wanting less "they antag, rule 4 says they valid" and more "they antag, tried to kill someone, we executed them".

If a player has a good IC reason for something, the rules don't matter, have never mattered and never will matter - Do not let the rules get in the way of appropriate IC responses to actions. Or, as this term corrected Rule 0 to: "Roleplay is king."
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #712533

im going to be completely real im absolutely jaded on all of the “IC reasoning” talks. like i think i agree with the whole “IC reasoning” but i dont know im just annoyed by it at this point. it feels like an excuse to say “theres a correct IC reasoning and an incorrect IC reasoning.”

roleplay is not king and can suck my farts if it wants to dictate how i play; im here to have fun. i dont give two shits about roleplay; roleplay is a tool i use to have fun. roleplay is not sacred; fun is sacred.
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
Higgin
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Higgin

Post by Higgin » #712564

Timberpoes wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 4:19 pm
There's a lot of antisocial and unfun shit you can get up to that is probably justifiable under most folks' conception of a "reasonable character" and their motivations.

"It was my IC" or "bro I'm just playing my character" does not and should not fly at your table unless you're willing to put any one player's ability to flex their roleplay over your players' ability to have fun with each other.

The problem is that if you solely site the game that is being played at your table as a roleplaying game, you need to give them a world with meaningful roles and set the level. People need to know they're going to play the woobie punching bag, and their satisfaction needs to come from playing it well - from acting.

If you're going to give them more freedom than to just play the role you hand them - to self-direct or treat the game as a sandbox, to some extent - you still need to protect against people self-directing in a way that fucks up the roleplaying for others, or at least set predictable expectations about what sort of roleplaying gets protected and validated.

You've got a ton of legwork to do and ultimately a responsibility to never abdicate Rule 1.

basically
Iwishforducks wrote:roleplay is not king and can suck my farts if it wants to dictate how i play; im here to have fun. i dont give two shits about roleplay; roleplay is a tool i use to have fun. roleplay is not sacred; fun is sacred.
real shit :d20:

Given what a heretic is, how they act in the world presented to and reinforced for players through play, why would you not throw a heretic in space? Why would that not be less preferable, even if expedient, to crushing or dusting them given the path that they're on and the danger that they pose?

If it wasn't explicit enough: if our characters know how antags behave, that they exist, and the threats that they pose, how is it remotely logically consistent except for our characters to be timeloop nihilists to do anything less than put them in the dirt if they themselves are not antagonists?

The closest I can get is a superstitious belief that leaving angry dead (salty ghosts who got their run ended) invites cosmic retribution (unrestricted headbanger midrounds with a ready pool of observers hitting "yes" to grief the living.) Maybe personal relationships - but if you cared about the person on the other side, why would you be holding that blade?

Frees-Our-Boy :wetfloorsign:
feedback appreciated here <3
GPeckman
Byond Username: GPeckman

Post by GPeckman » #712566

Timberpoes wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 4:19 pm I think you'll struggle to find an admin that wants more micromanaged play.
You say that, but the recent policy changes and ban/note appeals from security players send an entirely different message, and you know what they say. Actions speak louder than words.
Timberpoes wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 4:19 pm Those that want more out of players ask for more IC reasoning for actions instead of OOC reasoning. It's wanting less "they antag, rule 4 says they valid" and more "they antag, tried to kill someone, we executed them".

If a player has a good IC reason for something, the rules don't matter, have never mattered and never will matter - Do not let the rules get in the way of appropriate IC responses to actions. Or, as this term corrected Rule 0 to: "Roleplay is king."
This logic doesn't hold up, though. I'll give you an example: "a crazy cultist who performs human sacrifices attacked my coworker, so I killed them to protect my coworker." Sounds like perfectly solid IC reasoning, and yet the sec player got banned. People absolutely are expected to use OOC reasoning to go easy on antagonists, even when it doesn't make IC sense to do so.
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Kieth4

Post by kieth4 » #712567

To be fair in this case it is kinda hard to see what happened from the logs, "if I remember right, we'd both agreed that with the information provided for MRP's ruleset, a precedent of field executing restricted antagonists without a proportionate crime committed wasn't great " suggests that there was a conversation it's possible that due to the tense situation he didn't clearly remember the events and went with a note. Now that he's got more info he can just appeal it
8bot
Byond Username: 8botticus

Post by 8bot » #712568

ordinarily I would defend a secshit getting their comeuppance because i detest sec, but this is a rare instance of me thinking the note is fucking stupid holy shit
i hate redshirts and this is still bullshit
the gamer formerly known as "remanseptim"
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #712572

What a terrible note.
This is exactly the kind of thing a disgruntled LRP player would make up as hyperbole to talk shit about MRP. This really sucks.

The fact that you can even make the argument that this ban is justified is testament to how much RP rule 6 sucks.
RP Rule 6
Restricted antagonists (or crewmembers) should be handled in proportion to their committed crimes. The decision to execute an antagonist should have good in-character reasoning based on their crimes and the state of the shift. Punishments against antagonists that repeatedly commit minor crimes may be escalated. Only antagonists that have committed the most severe crimes may be met with immediate execution.

Security members are expected to consider the full range of punishment options available when dealing with antags. This includes (but is not always limited to) pacification, implants, timed brig sentences, gulag sentences, permabrig, forced borging and execution. Forced borging is considered equivalent to execution in punishment severity.

Explicitly friendly antagonists do not have this protection and may be treated as the crew or admin team see fit.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
saprasam
Byond Username: Saprasam

Post by saprasam » #712583

god forbid somebody throws the immortal heretic out of the shuttle airlock, 2 minutes before round end. this is a criminal offence beyond any other
(FORMER) tgmc admin (I HAVE REGAINED MY HUMAN RIGHTS)
8bot
Byond Username: 8botticus

Post by 8bot » #712586

LRP died for this ruleset btw
the gamer formerly known as "remanseptim"
Indie-ana Jones
Byond Username: Indie-ana Jones

Post by Indie-ana Jones » #712624

When the hell did the entire admin team get replaced by TBM?
Imitates-The-Lizards

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #712655

Indie-ana Jones wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 12:43 am When the hell did the entire admin team get replaced by TBM?
Vekter must be on vacation :lol:
Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Post by Turbonerd » #712670

MRP is fake and isn't a real roleplaying mindset. It's just NRP with extra rules that do not actually care about roleplay.
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

Post by TheRex9001 » #712672

You can clearly hear that this is a blade heretic, realignment is a blade spell unlocked after their ritual of knowledge meaning this one is 2 points away from the mark. If a blade heretic has and is using their mark I think its reasonable to assume they would have realignment, you can always test but in a stressful situation I think the assumption is fair. This heretic attacked an officer in broad daylight infront of everyone just after someone had been weldered to death and the officers looked to be affected by something (drugs maybe idk), I get treat people in proportion to their crimes but you should still put some effort into concealment.
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #712683

Higgin wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 7:20 pm There's a lot of antisocial and unfun shit you can get up to that is probably justifiable under most folks' conception of a "reasonable character" and their motivations.

"It was my IC" or "bro I'm just playing my character" does not and should not fly at your table unless you're willing to put any one player's ability to flex their roleplay over your players' ability to have fun with each other.
My table (back when I had one) hated the phrase "it's what my character would do" because the only time you ever hear anyone say it, is to justify being a dick to people. Sure, it's what your character would do, but you write the character, you made them that way.
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #712688

sounds like a skill issue, my table says "its what my character would do" before shooting a bomb they are stood directly next to (knowingly causing it to explode while they are the only person inside the blast radius) when they didn't have to do that
Higgin
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Higgin

Post by Higgin » #712699

Jacquerel wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 2:35 pm sounds like a skill issue, my table says "its what my character would do" before shooting a bomb they are stood directly next to (knowingly causing it to explode while they are the only person inside the blast radius) when they didn't have to do that
yea but the freedom to smash my dick with a hammer is not the freedom to go around doing it to others

your table may be based and my table may be cringe, but yours is also engaged in largely self-regarding behavior
feedback appreciated here <3
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #712705

Timberpoes wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 4:19 pm I think you'll struggle to find an admin that wants more micromanaged play.

Those that want more out of players ask for more IC reasoning for actions instead of OOC reasoning. It's wanting less "they antag, rule 4 says they valid" and more "they antag, tried to kill someone, we executed them".

i swear on christ I could be in the middle of a heart attack, have a few sweet nothings whispered into my ear by Timber and just immediately feel better
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #712762

Jacquerel wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 2:35 pm sounds like a skill issue, my table says "its what my character would do" before shooting a bomb they are stood directly next to (knowingly causing it to explode while they are the only person inside the blast radius) when they didn't have to do that
We just never felt the need to say those things before doing something roleplay driven that may be self-detrimental.