Forced Felinutification

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Forced Felinutification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #712588

Bottom post of the previous page:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=35349

I'm unsure how to feel about unconsensual catification.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
TypicalRig
Byond Username: TypicalRig

Re: Forced Felinutification

Post by TypicalRig » #712680

admins only bring silicons into the argument for these scenarios because they have absolutely nothing left to grasp at but the vague don't be a dick rule, which gets them (rightfully) ridiculed when they use it so liberally. it's not that it's actually the problem that they think it is but it's an easy cop out. historically when a person goes around non-humanning people the AI, rather than targeting the non-human, focuses on detaining the dude going around non-humanning folks since "humans being non-humanned can lead to someone who is now a human being harmed later"

also what the fuck is this example? a guy gets surgery in plain sight and is given cat ears. he can easily explain to the AI that he's actually human because he's not meowing and doesn't have a tail and was just given ears by forced. or even to check his medical records assuming the CMO didn't alter them. or to check his crew manifest photo which the cmo can't touch. or ask other people to confirm. the admins aren't arguing in good faith here in the slightest
Last edited by TypicalRig on Fri Nov 24, 2023 12:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
TypicalRig

Post by TypicalRig » #712681

dirk_mcblade wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 10:31 am What if instead they removed felinids ears and tails. That's am Asimov buff.
i know this is a joke but taking the tail of a species that normally has one gives a permanent mood debuff (and giving someone a tail when they normally wouldn't have one) and so purely wouldn't be an aesthetic change. but funny enough the code doesn't check for a specific species tail so if someone steals your tail as a felind and destroys it, you somehow get a lizard tail, it'll remove the debuff all the same
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #712685

TypicalRig wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 12:11 pm admins only bring silicons into the argument for these scenarios because they have absolutely nothing left to grasp at but the vague don't be a dick rule, which gets them (rightfully) ridiculed when they use it so liberally. it's not that it's actually the problem that they think it is but it's an easy cop out. historically when a person goes around non-humanning people the AI, rather than targeting the non-human, focuses on detaining the dude going around non-humanning folks since "humans being non-humanned can lead to someone who is now a human being harmed later"

also what the fuck is this example? a guy gets surgery in plain sight and is given cat ears. he can easily explain to the AI that he's actually human because he's not meowing and doesn't have a tail and was just given ears by forced. or even to check his medical records assuming the CMO didn't alter them. or to check his crew manifest photo which the cmo can't touch. or ask other people to confirm. the admins aren't arguing in good faith here in the slightest
So am I allowed to remove cat ears from you because I thought it would be funny?
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #712686

it's ass behaviour cus it's a non-antag CMO at the time. non-antag heads shouldn't rly be mutilating people as a meme. if they had an IC reason i would understand a lot more. putting cat ears on someone is pretty low harm when you consider all the possible things they could have done but really where do you draw the line when it's someone who's both a head and a non-antagonist
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
Imitates-The-Lizards
Byond Username: Typhnox

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #712687

dendydoom wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 1:28 pm it's ass behaviour cus it's a non-antag CMO at the time. non-antag heads shouldn't rly be mutilating people as a meme. if they had an IC reason i would understand a lot more. putting cat ears on someone is pretty low harm when you consider all the possible things they could have done but really where do you draw the line when it's someone who's both a head and a non-antagonist
Agreed with this take.

They shouldn't be mutilating or giving medically unnecessary body modifications as non-antag without permission or other IC reasoning.
Fikou
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Fikou
Github Username: Fikou

Post by Fikou » #712690

i think its an ic issue if it doesnt cross into the "i do this every round because im funny" realm
TypicalRig

Post by TypicalRig » #712692

Archie700 wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 1:18 pm So am I allowed to remove cat ears from you because I thought it would be funny?
If you replace them with another type of ears so there is no mechanical drawback, then yes, you have just learned how IC issues work. If you just leave me earless and deaf for no reason, no. But you'd be entitled to an ass beating ICly for it without being able to escalate yourself.
dendydoom wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 1:28 pm non-antag heads shouldn't rly be mutilating people as a meme.
Also a good take. Heads, sec, and silicons, roles that have higher metaprotections and responsibilities shouldn't be doing this kind of stuff since people tend to trust them more and if a person tries to take revenge they'll probably get beat up by others in the process even if their actions were justified. Maybe the note should be altered to emphasize not to do it as a head, rather than a focus on the action its self.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #712693

On further thought "Everyone who dies will be brought back as a felinid this shift" does feel more like the sort of thing a captain might be able to declare with the CMO's help, using that old "Yes you can run an obnoxious station gimmick occasionally if you accept the consequences of it inevitably going wrong" dispensation they get. Feels above the level of thing a head should be doing without captain's endorsement though.
Last edited by Not-Dorsidarf on Fri Nov 24, 2023 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
BonChoi
Byond Username: BonChoi

Post by BonChoi » #712694

conrad wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 3:24 am Yeah Vekter but what about throwing a pie at someone, huh? That alters their sprite until they wash their face. Should I be banned for throwing a pie?
I could've swore I remember an appeal where someone got banned / noted for throwing a pie at someone, I can't remember though...
Another bad take provided by yours truly.

Istoprocent1 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:36 pm Baseless claims. I have been to the vault minimum of 38 times, how many suicides?
soreyew
Byond Username: SoreYew

Post by soreyew » #712697

Fikou wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 3:50 pm i think its an ic issue if it doesnt cross into the "i do this every round because im funny" realm
Thats what Im leaning to, especially since its Terry. Being a cat eared person would make you face more challenges in round, however I dont see how that goes above other usual Terry Non-Antag trolling. Being the CMO kinda doesnt even hurt, they DID treat the patients otherwise lol.
BonChoi
Byond Username: BonChoi

Post by BonChoi » #712698

BonChoi wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 4:52 pm
conrad wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 3:24 am Yeah Vekter but what about throwing a pie at someone, huh? That alters their sprite until they wash their face. Should I be banned for throwing a pie?
I could've swore I remember an appeal where someone got banned / noted for throwing a pie at someone, I can't remember though...
Found it: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=32962
Another bad take provided by yours truly.

Istoprocent1 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:36 pm Baseless claims. I have been to the vault minimum of 38 times, how many suicides?
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #712701

ive lost faith in our admin team
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #712708

EmpressMaia wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 6:45 pm ive lost faith in our admin team
If's fine friend I still have faith in you.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #712716

BonChoi wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 5:35 pm
BonChoi wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 4:52 pm
Found it: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=32962
That was about metagrudging, the pie was just the final straw
Chadley
Byond Username: Armodias

Post by Chadley » #712719

Notes are punishment. We just punished someone for an harmless gimmick. The west has fallen.

Horrible horrible note by TBM. This is unironic. I'm seriously bothered by this.
► Show Spoiler
MooCow12
Byond Username: MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #712720

Vekter wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 2:01 am
2) No, because if they are revived with the cat ears on they lose silicon protections under Asimov (Silicons can identify non-humans based on species traits, like wings, tails, and cat ears).[/spoiler]
Actually racial identity is decided from health analyzers to be sure, a simple extra trait or limb isn't gonna stop a sane ai/borgs from respecting you if you make it verbally clear you are still human and ask for the health analyzer test.

Also a clown or mime mass turning people into lizards and getting lynched is literally the occasional norm for sybil/terry.

Asimov protection isn't a god given right either, its simply what the lawset sometimes is at the start of the round, nonhumans are perfectly capable of turning the word human into lizard or moth or felinid without getting bwoinked because they have every ic reason to try to flip the script once in a while and that is a lot more than just making one person's pixels look nonhuman shaped.
List of my favorite TG Staff.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
cSeal wrote: TLDR suck my nuts you bald bitch
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #712730

conrad wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 7:13 pm
EmpressMaia wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 6:45 pm ive lost faith in our admin team
If's fine friend I still have faith in you.
<3
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #712738

MooCow12 wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 8:35 pm
2) No, because if they are revived with the cat ears on they lose silicon protections under Asimov (Silicons can identify non-humans based on species traits, like wings, tails, and cat ears).[/spoiler]
Actually racial identity is decided from health analyzers to be sure, a simple extra trait or limb isn't gonna stop a sane ai/borgs from respecting you if you make it verbally clear you are still human and ask for the health analyzer test.
The AI has no way of using a health analyzer on someone without a shell, and even if they did, expecting them to do so every time they need to make a snap decision about someone causing harm would be unreasonable.

You (and TypicalRig, of course) are also missing the fact that this isn't the only reason this behavior is against the rules, it's just a mechanical reason for it. It's also just a shitty thing to do to someone else's character. I'm seeing most people who don't understand this concept resting firmly along the "RP is stupid and I don't participate" line, so it's not really a surprise that they don't understand that someone's character is something that matters to them in most cases, but we'll get there together, I believe in us.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Shellton(Mario)
Byond Username: Sheltton

Post by Shellton(Mario) » #712742

Vekter wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 10:00 pm
MooCow12 wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 8:35 pm
The AI has no way of using a health analyzer on someone without a shell, and even if they did, expecting them to do so every time they need to make a snap decision about someone causing harm would be unreasonable.

You (and TypicalRig, of course) are also missing the fact that this isn't the only reason this behavior is against the rules, it's just a mechanical reason for it. It's also just a shitty thing to do to someone else's character. I'm seeing most people who don't understand this concept resting firmly along the "RP is stupid and I don't participate" line, so it's not really a surprise that they don't understand that someone's character is something that matters to them in most cases, but we'll get there together, I believe in us.

You also have sec records that state someone's spawning race. If you explain to the ai you were surgical given cat ears they can just check sec records to confirm you are telling the truth or send one of their mediborgs to scan them.

Also I think minor griefing is fine because it allows players to conflict without one side being able to nuke your ass for no reason as long as it isn't done all the time.

Also as a lrp player

WE

WANT

BLOOD
Shellton(Mario)
Byond Username: Sheltton

Post by Shellton(Mario) » #712743

Also currently I feel like it takes way too long to roll fucking antag. So I don't really blame people acting out their minor gimmicks without the pass. Like for real you can play a reasonable few hours of ss13 everyday for a week and you won't roll antag.
c4g
Byond Username: C4g

Post by c4g » #712744

shit note
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #712745

Shellton(Mario) wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 10:39 pm You also have sec records that state someone's spawning race. If you explain to the ai you were surgical given cat ears they can just check sec records to confirm you are telling the truth or send one of their mediborgs to scan them.

Also I think minor griefing is fine because it allows players to conflict without one side being able to nuke your ass for no reason as long as it isn't done all the time.
It's going to take a single incident of someone who's a human but has been forcibly cat-eared trying to kill someone who's visibly a human and a cyborg killing them for people to start freaking out about how the AI fucked up and killed a human.

Also you can have conflict without needing to grief people, it happens all the fucking time.
Shellton(Mario) wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 10:45 pm Also currently I feel like it takes way too long to roll fucking antag. So I don't really blame people acting out their minor gimmicks without the pass. Like for real you can play a reasonable few hours of ss13 everyday for a week and you won't roll antag.
The point of the game isn't to play antag then fuck around for how many ever rounds it takes to roll it again. This is one of the reasons we punish people who antag roll.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Chadley
Byond Username: Armodias

Post by Chadley » #712748

Was the player even bwoinked??
► Show Spoiler
nianjiilical
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Nianjiilical

Post by nianjiilical » #712750

if someone is actively putting car ears on people frequently with the explicit intent to grief/metagrudge someone who hates it maybe thatd be a rule 1 issue but i have a hard time seeing this as something that needs admin intervention unless it's happening constantly

im definitely not a very rp minded person but in a game with beard viruses and bioscrambler anomalies and hundreds of horrible ways to die theres some base level expectation that your character isn't sacred, hash it out ic unless you have reason to think theres more to it than just silly prank (and by hash it out i mean beat the absolute shit out of the doctor this is a great example of good ic conflict starter, and hell a good way to rp your character reacting to getting cat eared)
human: ramon chivara
ai: shitpost generator
borg: shite-115
clown: donk tonkler
mime: beautiful noise

admin feedback thread

my admin policy:
Spoiler:
Pepper
Byond Username: ANIMETIDDIES

Post by Pepper » #712754

for a game that's so centered around letting things play out so fun can form naturally, we sure have been seeing a lot of the exact opposite. TBM (and some of the other posters in this thread) really needs to realize that you can do shit to other people, even things that could be considered mean, without 'being a dick'.

it's pretty simple, folks: sometimes, the joke is just on you and that's fine. the mentality of 'anyone who impedes on the personal distaste of another in any way is a dick' is so overwhelmingly stuffy and suffocating it's simply not feasible long term in a game that survives solely on social interaction with others. yes, sometimes bad things will happen to you in this game. that's why everything resets when the round ends. rule 1 is meant so that as a collective we can all have fun, not to safeguard your feelings. if something is "negatively impacting your round" solely because you can't take a joke (even a bad one!), your only option really should be to just grow up.

should we start ahelping everyone who throws jersey shores at people?
should we start ahelping everyone who releases a virus, and doesn't tell us what it does?
should we start ahelping everyone who gets a sticky taped item stuck to our hands?
should we start ahelping everyone who injects space drugs or skewium into the cafeteria food?
should we start ahelping everyone who shoots you with that circuit gun that makes you look all wobbly?
should we start ahelping everyone who makes cyanide pills labeled "fun healing drug"?

if your answer to any of these questions is yes, consider the concept that you might just be such an NRP shitter that you're completely incapable of grasping the idea of coming up with creative, fun ways of approaching a conflict. in my eyes, you're the digital equivalent of a fat kid who cries on the playground because he's too slow to catch anyone in a game of tag. just because something has happened that throws a wrench in the plans for your round, and you now might need to spend some kind of time dealing with the issue does not entitle you for an admin to fix your boo-boo.

conflict is the heart of ss13. if we continue to neuter it, we will be losing the main draw of why we play here in this first place. if you just want to do your job unimpeded by anyone, go play skyrat.
help
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #712755

dendydoom wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 1:28 pm it's ass behaviour cus it's a non-antag CMO at the time. non-antag heads shouldn't rly be mutilating people as a meme. if they had an IC reason i would understand a lot more. putting cat ears on someone is pretty low harm when you consider all the possible things they could have done but really where do you draw the line when it's someone who's both a head and a non-antagonist
agreed

head cmo should be the one smacking doctors around for doing this not admins.

also ffs bible its a game
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #712756

page two in like 5 hours??

how exciting...
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin

Post by dendydoom » #712758

i would not care if this was some random bozo goofing around and putting cat ears on people in their maint surgery but imo a non-antagonist CMO shouldn't really be doing this to random people for no reason.

the "for no reason" is the crux of these situations when i'm looking at them. "i gave gary ears because earlier he did x to my friend" or "my character hates emily because of y so i put some ears on her when she was under" i would not give a shit, totally IC. "i did it because i felt like it" is a reason that would work for antagonists and assistant hobos off the street who crawled into your surgery room through an open window, but not for the dude running the entire medical department. "everyone who dies is being turned into a cat today." okay, why? "command have greenlit a secret project to study the effects of felines in space." good enough for me. if you manage to bring this idea into the IC realm and communicate it to command/the captain so they can get involved and it becomes some kind of plot then this is the sort of shit i'm handing out positive notes for. it is excellent. to me, it's better than coded antags. it's pure ambrosia. it's the "rp paper trail" that keeps getting brought up that validates your ideas and makes them real in the IC space.

i don't care about people's statics or feelings or that their round is sacred. i don't expect a novel of build-up or for people to have to be nice to each other ICly to be baked into the rules. i oppose these things if they come up. if your conflict has no meaning, then what you have is a contrived annoyance, not a story. is killing people when they're annoying for its own sake and then moving on the best we can hope for here?

what i care about is people taking 5 seconds to come up with a reason for their conflict (in the case that they are creating it and not reacting to it) so that literally any surviving delusions left of this game being about storytelling are maintained.
NSFW:
Itseasytosee2me

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #712759

Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 2:47 am page two in like 5 hours??

how exciting...
I need a title ranking.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
cSeal
Byond Username: O0cyann0o

Post by cSeal » #712761

Pepper wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 2:07 am should we start ahelping everyone who makes cyanide pills labeled "fun healing drug"?
Im fairly certain its been policy you cant do this for at least a year now
► Show Spoiler
Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #712764

The "nut" in title meme is postmodernist drivel only popularized to ignore the fact that over half of peanut threads in 2023 should exist and most of those threads contain a significant amount of emptyposts
title 3/10
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
LeekiLoku
Byond Username: Lokuthewise

Post by LeekiLoku » #712767

realistically I dont think they did anything wrong, if this was sybil that is.
Constellado
Byond Username: Constellado

Post by Constellado » #712770

TheBibleMelts wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 12:40 am
TheBibleMelts wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 12:39 am
TheBibleMelts wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 12:35 am
TheBibleMelts wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 12:34 am why was this note as a punishment for an IC issue?
this note wasn't a punishment, it was just a record of a line toe
if notes aren't punishments then why do people get banned for having them down the line??
because they set tracks for establishing behavior that may end up being punished with repetition, as seen here.
cope, buddy. notes are absolutely punishment and youre delusional if you don't think that.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
8bot
Byond Username: 8botticus

Post by 8bot » #712771

Constellado wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 6:47 am
TheBibleMelts wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 12:40 am
TheBibleMelts wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 12:39 am
TheBibleMelts wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 12:34 am why was this note as a punishment for an IC issue?
this note wasn't a punishment, it was just a record of a line toe
if notes aren't punishments then why do people get banned for having them down the line??
because they set tracks for establishing behavior that may end up being punished with repetition, as seen here.
cope, buddy. notes are absolutely punishment and youre delusional if you don't think that.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sleepy TBM posts one thing - immediately contradicts it! Brain scan now! MANY SUCH CASES! SAD!
the gamer formerly known as "remanseptim"
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TheBibleMelts

Post by TheBibleMelts » #712773

Striders13
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Striders13

Post by Striders13 » #712774

speedran the note argument for the 200th time
► Show Spoiler
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin

Post by dendydoom » #712775

Striders13 wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:07 am speedran the note argument for the 200th time
what 1 evening in bus does to a mf
NSFW:
8bot
Byond Username: 8botticus

Post by 8bot » #712776

how embarrassing
the gamer formerly known as "remanseptim"
cSeal
Byond Username: O0cyann0o

Post by cSeal » #712777

TheBibleMelts wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:01 amCensored
HES GEX POSTING KILL HIM
► Show Spoiler
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #712778

The end all be all road of the notes are punishment argument is that it doesn't matter.

"Notes are punishment, notes aren't punishment" assume the server collectively agrees through some sort of cordyceps brain slug mind control 1984 doublethink on either side of the argument.

It means fucking nothing lol

Spend energy on things that aren't pointless.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #712780

Honestly I see it all as IC issue the more I think about it. I think the CMO should basically be opened up for being murdered by the victim or demoted by the captain. I think noting people over this is peak server nanny state.
I think an outcome where a mob of forced felinids murders the CMO is a pretty funny round and the game is made more boring by punishing people for playing a gimmick with their job.
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #712786

Honestly this is just fight baiting, there's no real reason to attach cat ears to people who came in to get healed except to piss off people to beat you up or get demoted.
And if you go and ahelp or try to retaliate you'll get punished anyway
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #712790

conrad wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:42 am The end all be all road of the notes are punishment argument is that it doesn't matter.

"Notes are punishment, notes aren't punishment" assume the server collectively agrees through some sort of cordyceps brain slug mind control 1984 doublethink on either side of the argument.

It means fucking nothing lol

Spend energy on things that aren't pointless.
You'd have to logoff forums to do-
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #712844

Capsandi wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 4:58 am The "nut" in title meme is postmodernist drivel only popularized to ignore the fact that over half of peanut threads in 2023 should exist and most of those threads contain a significant amount of emptyposts
title 3/10
you can apply to be a judge when i post applications in december

I do hope you score well on the written portion because it's not looking good if this is why you think this is a bad title...
Last edited by Kendrickorium on Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #712847

Itseasytosee2me wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:22 am
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 2:47 am page two in like 5 hours??

how exciting...
I need a title ranking.
while not particularly clever, the word DOES fit very well into felinification, though i would have preferred it if you had included some alliteration

7/10
Imitates-The-Lizards
Byond Username: Typhnox

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #712851

Simply put, if I were a game admin, this would be a rule 1 noting from me. Uphold note.
chocolate_bickie
Byond Username: Chocolate_bickie

Post by chocolate_bickie » #712859

Imagine keeping people sedated and in crit just to mutilate them then calling it IC. If it was IC fully heal them and remove the anasthetic.

But no this pussy ass CMO made sure they couldn't fight back.

Fuck the bitches trying to defend them.
TWATICUS
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Twaticus

Post by TWATICUS » #712878

HUH??
ImageImageImage
Itseasytosee2me

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #712879

b00eac7632495f9cccc3aac6a33bcd8d.jpg
b00eac7632495f9cccc3aac6a33bcd8d.jpg (20.91 KiB) Viewed 43421 times
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #712888

TWATICUS wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:57 pm HUH??
Who are you
You belong in the old player bin next to people like imsxz
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
MooCow12
Byond Username: MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #712902

Rule 1 is like the admin's version of the secret rule "I THINK ITS BEST FOR THE SERVER" especially with how much they are relying on it and treating anything they dont personally agree with as "being a dick"

the player/general community should be what decides admins get to invoke rule 1 on while admins get to decide what players can invoke the secret rule on...

If an admin is invoking rule 1 they need a damn good reason especially if nobody ahelped the person they are invoking this emergency power on.
List of my favorite TG Staff.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
cSeal wrote: TLDR suck my nuts you bald bitch