Monkey Business by Proxy

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Monkey Business by Proxy

Post by Vekter » #713327

Bottom post of the previous page:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=35376

More "people doing stupid shit because they don't like the map". Even if they didn't actually do it, I think this falls under the "giving someone a bomb and telling them not to set it off" precedents.

E: Also why the flying fuck does Birdshot start with a gorilla cube box in maints
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Re: Monkey Business by Proxy

Post by Archie700 » #713457

Also, mob gorillas take a lot of punishment (it started at 220 HP), can delimb with a punch (crippling attacks) and can wallstun.
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #713459

Vekter don't be lame, you know the whole point of Birdboat, and now Birdshot, is to be a deathtrap. The map has already been sanitized to high water in terms of safety, don't scrub it any more please. Just put them in a wall or something. Or if you don't want it to be an every round occurence, make it an effect spawner where it's like a 50% chance of spawning. If someone spawns gorillas when they shouldn't, they can get a good ban just like if they use a gold slime core when they shouldn't.
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #713461

Bawhoppennn wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:27 pm Vekter don't be lame, you know the whole point of Birdboat, and now Birdshot, is to be a deathtrap. The map has already been sanitized to high water in terms of safety, don't scrub it any more please. Just put them in a wall or something. Or if you don't want it to be an every round occurence, make it an effect spawner where it's like a 50% chance of spawning. If someone spawns gorillas when they shouldn't, they can get a good ban just like if they use a gold slime core when they shouldn't.
Archie700 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:19 pm Also, mob gorillas take a lot of punishment (it started at 220 HP), can delimb with a punch (crippling attacks) and can wallstun.
No, I'm removing it and I'll put something else interesting in its place. Players shouldn't have roundstart access to a 220 hp mob that can fuck someone up by looking at them. Birdboat can be a death trap all it wants, that death should be something a player experiences organically, not something another player has to do for the sole purpose of grief.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #713462

We don't normally like any but the most trivial of traitor uplink items to exist in space ruins let alone in an easily accessed area of a station map
zergking
Byond Username: Zergking

Post by zergking » #713471

Vekter wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:34 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:28 pm
Vekter wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:53 pm
dendydoom wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:49 pm if we remove secret fun from the map because it's discovered we should put something else in and not tell anyone >:)
I intend to. I'm definitely removing this because apparently it spawns in fucking public tool storage.

Need suggestions. Someone said a bee cube or super pointy tape, I'm thinking those sound good.
FERAL CATS
I CAN'T CODE THE FUCKING CAT GRENADES BECAUSE CATS HAVEN'T BEEN MADE SIMPLE MOBS YET AND MY SMOOTH WET CAVEMAN BRAIN CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO DO THAT
Rabbit cube
GPeckman
Byond Username: GPeckman

Post by GPeckman » #713476

Vekter wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:34 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:28 pm FERAL CATS
I CAN'T CODE THE FUCKING CAT GRENADES BECAUSE CATS HAVEN'T BEEN MADE SIMPLE MOBS YET AND MY SMOOTH WET CAVEMAN BRAIN CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO DO THAT
I don't think it should actually matter whether or not its a simplemob or basicmob.

If gorilla cubes are like this:

Code: Select all

/obj/item/food/monkeycube/gorilla
	name = "gorilla cube"
	desc = "A Waffle Co. brand gorilla cube. Now with extra molecules!"
	bite_consumption = 20
	food_reagents = list(
		/datum/reagent/monkey_powder = 30,
		/datum/reagent/medicine/strange_reagent = 5,
	)
	tastes = list("the jungle" = 1, "bananas" = 1, "jimmies" = 1)
	spawned_mob = /mob/living/basic/gorilla
Then just doing

Code: Select all

spawned_mob = /mob/living/simple_animal/pet/cat
would make it spawn cats. They probably wouldn't actually be hostile though.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #713481

GPeckman wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:38 pm :words:
There's a specific item from Bee (I think) that's a grenade that spawns multiple feral cats that go apeshit and chase down whoever's nearby. They're hilarious and I want to port it to /tg/, but they use simplemob cats, which we don't have yet. I'm not so much a coder as I am a caveman smashing pieces of code together not unlike rocks, so the best I can do is wait for someone to make cats a simplemob then port the existing code.
Spoiler:

chocolate_bickie
Byond Username: Chocolate_bickie

Post by chocolate_bickie » #713487

Vekter wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:55 pm
There's a specific item from Bee (I think) that's a grenade that spawns multiple feral cats that go apeshit and chase down whoever's nearby. They're hilarious and I want to port it to /tg/, but they use simplemob cats, which we don't have yet. I'm not so much a coder as I am a caveman smashing pieces of code together not unlike rocks, so the best I can do is wait for someone to make cats a simplemob then port the existing code.
Can't you just spawn a gorilla with the sprite of a cat?
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #713488

chocolate_bickie wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:37 pm
Can't you just spawn a gorilla with the sprite of a cat?
The AI and stats are different.
Spoiler:

TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

Post by TheRex9001 » #713490

Cats are simplemobs
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #713492

TheRex9001 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:31 pm
Cats are simplemobs
They weren't last time I checked, it's possible they were recently changed. I'll look into it.
Spoiler:

Jacquerel
Code Maintainer

Post by Jacquerel » #713499

The problem is that you keep saying "simple mob" when you mean "basic mob"
I think the PR to make them into basic mobs was merged literally today
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #713502

Jacquerel wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:44 pm The problem is that you keep saying "simple mob" when you mean "basic mob"
I think the PR to make them into basic mobs was merged literally today
Yes, thank you, I'm an idiot
Spoiler:

Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #713504

dumbass.PNG
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer

Post by Jacquerel » #713505

we're almost done killing the `simple_animal` type actually, the easy gbp is leaving
we need to invent Normal Mobs asap
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #713506

ok but could we not have called it like basic2 or something to at least indicate that they're better than simple? i keep getting the two mixed up constantly
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
GPeckman
Byond Username: GPeckman

Post by GPeckman » #713520

Easy gbp is a bit of an exaggeration. Basicmob refactors are almost always pretty complex. If you want easy gbp, just find a few easy bugs to fix. Those are easier and will likely never run out.
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer

Post by Jacquerel » #713521

GPeckman wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 1:20 am Easy gbp is a bit of an exaggeration. Basicmob refactors are almost always pretty complex. If you want easy gbp, just find a few easy bugs to fix. Those are easier and will likely never run out.
I mean I know I personally did a significant number of them
The real joke is that it's a gbp farm purely for me and ben10omintrix

A lot of them were really smooth for the record we just got artsy with others and now there's no easy ones left
MooCow12
Byond Username: MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #713522

Jacquerel wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:56 pm We don't normally like any but the most trivial of traitor uplink items to exist in space ruins let alone in an easily accessed area of a station map
Throwing weapons box

Contraband locker

Neither of those are trivial and are often powergamed due to being exceptionally powerful roundstart available weapons allowing you to basically remove an antag or two from the round with overwhelming firepower.

They just arn't (guaranteed) to spawn but the chance is relatively high.
List of my favorite TG Staff.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
cSeal wrote: TLDR suck my nuts you bald bitch
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #713523

the gorillas were the highlight of every birdshot round tbh, now it's just a shit map (BUT IRONICALLY GUYS IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE DOGSHIT GET IT? HAHAHA! IT'S SUPPOSED TO SUCK!)
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TheBibleMelts

Post by TheBibleMelts » #713526

:sad: i liked the gorilla cubes being there
zergking
Byond Username: Zergking

Post by zergking » #713527

RedBaronFlyer wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 1:39 am the gorillas were the highlight of every birdshot round tbh, now it's just a shit map (BUT IRONICALLY GUYS IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE DOGSHIT GET IT? HAHAHA! IT'S SUPPOSED TO SUCK!)
Cope about it in your box
saprasam
Byond Username: Saprasam

Post by saprasam » #713542

i think gorillas in earshot of somebody using the smile emote should enter rage mode
you know, to tear their face off
(FORMER) tgmc admin (I HAVE REGAINED MY HUMAN RIGHTS)
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #713701

The real problem is birdshot, we should permaban it instead