two nutters RR'd from /tg/station community by MSO

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
BonChoi
Byond Username: BonChoi

two nutters RR'd from /tg/station community by MSO

Post by BonChoi » #713570

Bottom post of the previous page:

Forum poster newbie makes shitty thread title
Another bad take provided by yours truly.

Istoprocent1 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:36 pm Baseless claims. I have been to the vault minimum of 38 times, how many suicides?
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Re: two nutters RR'd from /tg/station community by MSO

Post by Armhulen » #713709

The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #713710

Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
Good fucking luck on Campbell
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Post by RaveRadbury » #713711

GPeckman wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:30 pm Alright then, fuck analogies. What if Sinful says "I never sent a message saying I wanted to cause admin burnout." How, exactly, could he prove it to you? What actions taken would be sufficient? If you can't think of any actions, or the actions are infeasible like "sending his entire discord history," then it means that Sinful can't prove his own innocence.
Character witnesses can help.
warbluke
Byond Username: Warbluke

Post by warbluke » #713714

I'd say this feels like a watershed but if that's true the players club as a whole has been a fucking waterfall for the past few months with all the bans.
Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Post by Thunder11 » #713715

GPeckman wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:30 pm
kinnebian wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:23 pm this is a retarded analogy please come back with a better one
Alright then, fuck analogies. What if Sinful says "I never sent a message saying I wanted to cause admin burnout." How, exactly, could he prove it to you? What actions taken would be sufficient? If you can't think of any actions, or the actions are infeasible like "sending his entire discord history," then it means that Sinful can't prove his own innocence.
It’s not a matter of proof or lack of proof at this point. It’s a blacklist, it was placed at MSO's pleasure and it will be removed only at MSO's pleasure.
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #713716

GPeckman wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:21 pm
NoxVS wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:34 pm They could always send the evidence to their pals to share or something.
Well, for this kind of thing there might not be evidence of their innocence. Allow me to give an example: Bob is accusing Mary of sending a discord message saying "I hate cats." Mary says that she never sent a message like that. How exactly can Mary prove that she never sent that message? As far as I can tell, the only way would be to somehow give pull full access to her discord history, so people can comb through it and confirm that the message isn't there. Obviously that isn't feasible. Bob, meanwhile, can easily provide evidence just by showing the one message that says "I hate cats."
Kendrickorium wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:26 pm after getting some details from sinful i can say that (if these details are true) that the current headmin team is absolutely fucking bonkers.
like spending hours of their time digging up enough information to ban people because they are literal fucking drama vampires bonkers. (this includes the recent admin deadminning and sun catton permaing)

literally none of this is as bad as vekter or any purple name says it is.

if i'm missing any info here feel free to clear it up for me otherwise i'll see yall when the red names are gone
Seems like there’s some evidence here that could work. Surely.
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #713717

Any proof isn't there to free the blacklisted people, just to see if it made sense to blacklist. I mean... I trust MSO, and I know he's the final arbiter for stuff like this, but it would be nice. Or maybe it wouldn't! Maybe we'd just spend all day arguing about the interpretation of a collection of bitter posts. Actually when I say that I become almost positive that's what we'd do.
Constellado
Byond Username: Constellado

Post by Constellado » #713718

Wow 3 pages in one day. I am amazed.

The amount of upheaval in the community this term has been intense. People booted out, brought back in...

We are in a washing machine and it is spinning.

On another note, if MSO is active again can we get the TTS server back as a Christmas gift? A gift for all the friends that got left behind? (If they like TTS)
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #713719

i'm starting to think mso just didn't like tts or something tbh and broke it on purpose.
GPeckman
Byond Username: GPeckman

Post by GPeckman » #713720

Thunder11 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:22 pm It’s not a matter of proof or lack of proof at this point. It’s a blacklist, it was placed at MSO's pleasure and it will be removed only at MSO's pleasure.
The blacklist itself is entirely at MSO's discretion, yes. But that's a separate issue from people actually being convinced of Sinful's guilt.
NoxVS wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:26 pm Seems like there’s some evidence here that could work. Surely.
There really isn't any way for Sinful to prove his innocence except through exhaustion (sending his full discord history), and there's actually a mathematical reason why.

Warning: math. Abandon all hope, ye' who enter here!
► Show Spoiler
Scriptis
Byond Username: Scriptis

Post by Scriptis » #713721

GPeckman wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:44 pm -snip-
math major spotted

quick prove this for me
Spoiler:

SuperNovaa41
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: SuperNovaa41

Post by SuperNovaa41 » #713722

c4g wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:06 pm i hope im next at this point. i havent even done anything but i hope they find something to get me banned. make something up for all i care. if they're gonna go down the line banning deadminning and blacklisting all my friends then whats the fucking point of being here. waiting to see who's next to go? hanging out with everyone celebrating them being gone? i fucking hate this
jackriip pt 2

In all seriousness, like Arm said, this game ultimately leads to making friends, don't make the mistake of permaing yourself over two of your friends being banned just to send a message that will fall on deaf ears
Make some new friends, create new experiences
I am a maintainer for /tg/

I play Seth Scherer somtimes

Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #713723

i mean if those two wanted to show that all these accusations are toootally overblown and jumped-up like the avatar of christmas here claims they could just, like, ask kendrickorium to post the discord logs of what they were actually saying in this discussion on their metacord since it seems theyre still on speaking terms.

Its not like its top secret documents where nobody ever is allowed to see, its their own discord conversation.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #713724

Stolen and sigged.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #713725

GPeckman wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:44 pm
Thunder11 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:22 pm It’s not a matter of proof or lack of proof at this point. It’s a blacklist, it was placed at MSO's pleasure and it will be removed only at MSO's pleasure.
The blacklist itself is entirely at MSO's discretion, yes. But that's a separate issue from people actually being convinced of Sinful's guilt.
NoxVS wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:26 pm Seems like there’s some evidence here that could work. Surely.
There really isn't any way for Sinful to prove his innocence except through exhaustion (sending his full discord history), and there's actually a mathematical reason why.

Warning: math. Abandon all hope, ye' who enter here!
► Show Spoiler
Fuck your math boy because the P probability sinful made an admin want to shrivel up into a peanut and fucking die is 1, it's just about finding out whether that was the intent that this is all about
Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #713726

any1 who is seriously discussing the merits of a mso blacklist are crazy.
any1 who is saying MSO is working off incomplete sources is alright
If you think I'm contradicting myself then ur bad
I'd like to see deedubya's take on this ban. Mayhaps we should unban deedubya for deedubya's take on this ban. I'm seeing a lot of agreement on this, yea I think its deedubin' time.
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
GPeckman
Byond Username: GPeckman

Post by GPeckman » #713727

Armhulen wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 12:07 am Fuck your math boy because the P probability sinful made an admin want to shrivel up into a peanut and fucking die is 1, it's just about finding out whether that was the intent that this is all about
I mean yeah of course its about intent. Sinful saying in a message that he wants admins to burn out is irrefutable proof of intent. MSO says that such a message exists (proving intent), and that's why he blacklisted Sinful.

Also P in this case has nothing to due with probability, its just a propositional function.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 12:01 am i mean if those two wanted to show that all these accusations are toootally overblown and jumped-up like the avatar of christmas here claims they could just, like, ask kendrickorium to post the discord logs of what they were actually saying in this discussion on their metacord since it seems theyre still on speaking terms.

Its not like its top secret documents where nobody ever is allowed to see, its their own discord conversation.
Is there some sort of process for blacklisted people to find out specifics of their ban? Specifics like the time the alleged messages were sent, and the server on which they occurred?
Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #713728

Also pro tip for any prospective metagangs trying to break out onto the scene(or was it break into the scene?) theres a dedicated metagaming channel called #tgstation on IRC and its free and its much more secure than dis(FBI)cord(Backdoor). Of course you wont use it because you cant pollute the chat with brain numbing image macros.
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #713730

Capsandi wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 12:23 am Also pro tip for any prospective metagangs trying to break out onto the scene(or was it break into the scene?) theres a dedicated metagaming channel called #tgstation on IRC and its free and its much more secure than dis(FBI)cord(Backdoor). Of course you wont use it because you cant pollute the chat with brain numbing image macros.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
SuperNovaa41
Code Maintainer

Post by SuperNovaa41 » #713731

What we've learned from both this and the jackriip situation is that if you plan on breaking the rules maybe dont do it in a metacord full of admins :lol: :lol: :lol:

BonChoi
Byond Username: BonChoi

Post by BonChoi » #713732

New ban reason just dropped (for the people complaining about the lack of clarity in the ban reason)
Another bad take provided by yours truly.

Istoprocent1 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:36 pm Baseless claims. I have been to the vault minimum of 38 times, how many suicides?
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #713733

wowza
respect (let him do his thing)
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #713734

You should all be very scared now that double permabans are on the table. Who knows? Triple permabans aren't so crazy now either.
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #713735

Armhulen wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 1:14 am You should all be very scared now that double permabans are on the table. Who knows? Triple permabans aren't so crazy now either.
he was already perma’d on the forums so technically this is his triple perma
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #713736

We will continue to apply permabans until morale improves.
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #713737

Not-Dorsidarf wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 12:01 am i mean if those two wanted to show that all these accusations are toootally overblown and jumped-up like the avatar of christmas here claims they could just, like, ask kendrickorium to post the discord logs of what they were actually saying in this discussion on their metacord since it seems theyre still on speaking terms.

i mean the bans were legit (in a very "yeah i mean sure i guess" way after seeing), again wouldve made more sense as just permabans but i understand why they are blacklists
Last edited by TheLoLSwat on Fri Dec 01, 2023 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Constellado
Byond Username: Constellado

Post by Constellado » #713738

Wait its possible to ban the same account twice?

holy moly how far can it go?

If he manages to appeal ban A will he also have to do a second appeal for blacklist B? What happens if a person gets banned three times at once? three ban appeals for us to peanut?

If you didn't realise by now i'm just joking.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
DATAxPUNGED
Byond Username: DATAxPUNGED

Post by DATAxPUNGED » #713740

oranges wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:44 pm
Heyitsohjay wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:24 pm we need to give these two a proper funeral a la terry
Dude I'm out of doors
why is andy and leyley there
- Brazilian Manuel Player

datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #713741

it's against rule 8 to incest erp on tgstation, obviously they were banned.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
Justice12354
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Justice12354

Post by Justice12354 » #713743

DATAxPUNGED wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 1:53 am
oranges wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:44 pm
Heyitsohjay wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:24 pm we need to give these two a proper funeral a la terry
Dude I'm out of doors
why is andy and leyley there
Tuesday needed the spotlight
Spoiler:
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #713747

Kendrickorium wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:26 pm
c4g wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:06 pm i hope im next at this point. i havent even done anything but i hope they find something to get me banned. make something up for all i care. if they're gonna go down the line banning deadminning and blacklisting all my friends then whats the fucking point of being here. waiting to see who's next to go? hanging out with everyone celebrating them being gone? i fucking hate this
yup pretty sad

MSO is known for making quick decision banning so i don't even blame him

after getting some details from sinful i can say that (if these details are true) that the current headmin team is absolutely fucking bonkers.
like spending hours of their time digging up enough information to ban people because they are literal fucking drama vampires bonkers. (this includes the recent admin deadminning and sun catton permaing)

literally none of this is as bad as vekter or any purple name says it is.

if i'm missing any info here feel free to clear it up for me otherwise i'll see yall when the red names are gone

>sinful and pepper now have more time for shiptest

Please explain why you think none of this is really serious.

I really fucking doubt that you got that info from an unbiased source, considering that it's literally the very person at the center of the drama.
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
chocolate_bickie
Byond Username: Chocolate_bickie

Post by chocolate_bickie » #713753

Vekter wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:51 pmlol
Christmas came early for Vekter
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #713754

Kendrickorium wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:26 pm :words:
Have you considered that the best source of information regarding this issue is probably not "the person who got banned"?
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Blacklist897
Byond Username: Blacklist897

Post by Blacklist897 » #713755

yeah sinfulls spreading bullshit I know exactly how one of the three got deadminnned and it was not old drama by any means
profile picture by "Cowboy Owlbear"
I play alexander Moore on Manuel
Archie700
In-Game Admin

Post by Archie700 » #713756

Huh?
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #713757

Everyone shut up
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #713758

Terminally online admins who live off of drama convincing MSO to blacklist people just because they had a personal slight against them? Why am I not surprised...
(Before anyone who claims "It was COORDINATED HARASSMENT"... trying to claim that a few flippant remarks about dissenting against the admin team's opinion, is harassment... is ridiculous)

In all sincerity, this trend is so common at this point over the past 5 years, that it's really made it hard to get invested in the community the same way as in the past. There's always going to be drama, shit-flinging, and grudges in any online gaming community (believe me, that's always been an issue here), but I really think certain admins are doing no favors to the health of this community by letting this problem continue to happen time after time.

And yeah, honestly I feel bad making this post. But I feel I need to be candid here about what I keep seeing as a recurring issue.
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
Archie700
In-Game Admin

Post by Archie700 » #713759

Bawhoppennn wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:14 am Terminally online admins who live off of drama convincing MSO to blacklist people just because they had a personal slight against them? Why am I not surprised...
(Before anyone who claims "It was COORDINATED HARASSMENT"... trying to claim that a few flippant remarks about dissenting against the admin team's opinion, is harassment... is ridiculous)

In all sincerity, this trend is so common at this point over the past 5 years, that it's really made it hard to get invested in the community the same way as in the past. There's always going to be drama, shit-flinging, and grudges in any online gaming community (believe me, that's always been an issue here), but I really think certain admins are doing no favors to the health of this community by letting this problem continue to happen time after time.
How about you legitimately shut the fuck up for once, I'm done with this fucking stupid bullshit of people defending sinfulbliss and pepper and I have VERY BLOODY GOOD REASONS FOR BEING SO PISSED RIGHT NOW.

I've been bloody holding my tongue because a lot of the info has not been released public and your short-sighted, utterly rubbish, stupidly biased, ad hominem, idiotic downplaying of this is really fucking pissing me off to no end.

Same goes for the rest of you who think what sinful and pepper did is not that bad.
Last edited by Archie700 on Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bawhoppennn
Github User

Post by Bawhoppennn » #713760

Archie700 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:21 am
Bawhoppennn wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:14 am Terminally online admins who live off of drama convincing MSO to blacklist people just because they had a personal slight against them? Why am I not surprised...

How about you legitimately shut the fuck up for once, I'm done with this fucking stupid bullshit of people defending sinfulbliss and pepper and I have VERY BLOODY GOOD REASONS FOR BEING SO PISSED RIGHT NOW.
I trust you have very specific reasons for being so mad at them then, other than just disliking their attitude in general?
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
Archie700
In-Game Admin

Post by Archie700 » #713761

Bawhoppennn wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:23 am

I trust you have very specific reasons for being so mad at them then, other than just disliking their attitude in general?
It's a very personal matter to me I can't reveal for now because apparently headmins want to release more info later on this issue, I'll talk more about it when everyone gets the story.
SuperNovaa41
Code Maintainer

Post by SuperNovaa41 » #713762

And yeah, honestly I feel bad making this post. But I feel I need to be candid here about what I keep seeing as a recurring issue.
Its odd that you would take this stance considering you don't know the entire story, which is very clear based off of.. all of the posts in this thread.

Bawhoppennn
Github User

Post by Bawhoppennn » #713763

Archie700 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:27 am
Bawhoppennn wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:23 am

It's a very personal matter to me I can't reveal for now because apparently headmins want to release more info later.
Listen, if it's some genuine thing like doxxing, threats, actual targeted derogatory harassment, or something else of that magnitude, fair enough.

But if it's just some vague thing like "they wanted to make the forums a hostile environment to admins," I am not buying that concept.

With the lack of information, other than the blacklist reasons, and the other circumstances surrounding previous actions by those two, and other previous ban reasons, I don't think you can blame anyone for assuming that it's the 2nd option.

Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #713764

Bawhoppennn wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:31 am Listen, if it's some genuine thing like doxxing, threats, actual targeted derogatory harassment, or something else of that magnitude, fair enough.

But if it's just some vague thing like "they wanted to make the forums a hostile environment to admins," I am not buying that concept.

With the lack of information, other than the blacklist reasons, and the other circumstances surrounding previous actions by those two, and other previous ban reasons, I don't think you can blame anyone for assuming that it's the 2nd option.
I obviously can't go that in-depth with it, but it was actual targeted derogatory harassment, to the degree of people explicitly discussing the best way to make the appeals process harder so that a specific admin (who I will not name*) would quit because they don't like how they handle things.

MSO is an asshole, but he doesn't blacklist people for goofy hearsay reasons - there is evidence, I've seen it, hopefully the headmins release it but I don't know if they will, it's credible enough that what happened was necessary. I'm telling you this as someone who did not participate in the process in the slightest - I am fully aware that my dislike of Sinful makes this hard to believe, but no, I didn't actively go out of my way to get him banned, nor did I even participate beyond attempts to help other admins in the appeals process.

(*No, it's not Archie, whatever happened with them is none of my business.)
Last edited by Vekter on Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Bawhoppennn
Github User

Post by Bawhoppennn » #713765

SuperNovaa41 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:30 am

Its odd that you would take this stance considering you don't know the entire story, which is very clear based off of.. all of the posts in this thread.
Listen, in all fairness, there may be more to it. But based on the given ban reasons, that stance seemed reasonable to the situation. I will gladly retract it when we find out more.

Also even if this particular instance is not an unreasonable ban, and those two actually did do something legitimately shitty, you have to admit there's been far too many problematic drama bans in the past. This looked worryingly like another one of those at first glance.

Bawhoppennn
Github User

Post by Bawhoppennn » #713767

Vekter wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:38 am
Bawhoppennn wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:31 am Listen, if it's some genuine thing like doxxing, threats, actual targeted derogatory harassment, or something else of that magnitude, fair enough.

I obviously can't go that in-depth with it, but it was actual targeted derogatory harassment, to the degree of people explicitly discussing the best way to make the appeals process harder so that a specific admin (who I will not name) would quit because they don't like how they handle things.

MSO is an asshole, but he doesn't blacklist people for goofy hearsay reasons - there is evidence, I've seen it, hopefully the headmins release it but I don't know if they will, it's credible enough that what happened was necessary. I'm telling you this as someone who did not participate in the process in the slightest - I am fully aware that my dislike of Sinful makes this hard to believe, but no, I didn't actively go out of my way to get him banned, nor did I even participate beyond attempts to help other admins in the appeals process.
Alright Vekter, we often disagree but I trust your word on things like this. If it was genuinely severe enough to be more than normal shittery, alright then I apologize. So go ahead and ignore my previous posts then, I take them back.
Also people need to stop posting while I'm still typing a reply to the previous post.

c4g
Byond Username: C4g

Post by c4g » #713768

Archie700 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:13 am Huh?
huh? buh?
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TheBibleMelts

Post by TheBibleMelts » #713769

Bawhoppennn wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:38 am
SuperNovaa41 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:30 am

Listen, in all fairness, there may be more to it. But based on the given ban reasons, that stance seemed reasonable to the situation. I will gladly retract it when we find out more.

Also even if this particular instance is not an unreasonable ban, and those two actually did do something legitimately shitty, you have to admit there's been far too many problematic drama bans in the past. This looked worryingly like another one of those at first glance.
the more context you would have for why these bans were applied, the less respect for the privacy of the people involved there would be. throw all the rocks at me you'd like, but i am not compromising their privacy by exposing information we received in good will, for the purpose of determining their intent. i'm sorry everybody, this one's going to remain a little obfuscated.
MooCow12
Byond Username: MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #713770

Its official, i cant go back to farming axle brady for content anymore.
List of my favorite TG Staff.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
cSeal wrote: TLDR suck my nuts you bald bitch
iansdoor
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Iansdoor

Post by iansdoor » #713771

If there's a metagaming group like you claim, the evidence should immediately be sent to the head admins and the players metacomming should be banned -pepper mint
Well, I am terrible at gathering quotes, but she nailed herself with her advice to administration, I reckon.
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TheBibleMelts

Post by TheBibleMelts » #713772

iansdoor wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 5:00 am
If there's a metagaming group like you claim, the evidence should immediately be sent to the head admins and the players metacomming should be banned -pepper mint
Well, I am terrible at gathering quotes, but she nailed herself with her advice to administration, I reckon.
this was not a metacommunications issue.
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Post by RaveRadbury » #713773

Bawhoppennn wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:38 am Also even if this particular instance is not an unreasonable ban, and those two actually did do something legitimately shitty, you have to admit there's been far too many problematic drama bans in the past. This looked worryingly like another one of those at first glance.