the annual look back at tgstations github fuckups of the year

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
nianjiilical
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Nianjiilical

the annual look back at tgstations github fuckups of the year

Post by nianjiilical » #714048

edit: vekter made a poll https://strawpoll.com/XmZRxEBkwnd

for those not in the know, the tgstation github has milestone categories for fuckup of the year, showcasing the best and brightest of our collective coderbase and the unmitigated power of being an open source game with ten thousand contributors

seeing as december is here i think we should have a look back at 2023 in terms of amazing code moments

my personal favorites:

-having your species datum deleted by your mom

-the day of all the comms breaking

-infinite explosion man

-the object specifically designed to kill mice instead causing mice to become very healthy

for more cool moments check out prior years: 2022 2021 2020 2019 2018 2017
Last edited by nianjiilical on Sat Dec 02, 2023 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
human: ramon chivara
ai: shitpost generator
borg: shite-115
clown: donk tonkler
mime: beautiful noise

admin feedback thread

my admin policy:
Spoiler:
iansdoor
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Iansdoor

Re: the annual look back at tgstations github fuckups of the year

Post by iansdoor » #714052

For fuck sakes. I cannot find the PR. you will just have to take my word as I had to ask riggle for help to delete the bastards. Slimes were changed to more unique mob and were 100% immune to everything. Figure that out while doing xenobio.

Then there isn't the clear PR, but the golem change with it's innate armor being 55%, while eating plasteel gained another 35% and lastly being augmented with robotic parts made a double e-sword deal .4 damage a swing.

That was all this year
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #714053

I think few things will ever beat infinite explosion man.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Fikou
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Fikou
Github Username: Fikou

Post by Fikou » #714057

my mother made me nonhuman too
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #714058

Ah yes the day I was yelled at by the notes are punishment crowd for noting a fellow admin.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Constellado
Byond Username: Constellado

Post by Constellado » #714061

CPTANT wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 11:48 am I think few things will ever beat infinite explosion man.
Indeed. I remember laughing my ass off when I first saw the video.

I think one person got a note/ban for being the one to discover the bug too xD I don't have it with me though.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
DATAxPUNGED
Byond Username: DATAxPUNGED

Post by DATAxPUNGED » #714063

Constellado wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 12:54 pm
CPTANT wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 11:48 am I think few things will ever beat infinite explosion man.

I think one person got a note/ban for being the one to discover the bug too xD I don't have it with me though.
Where is the video? Can you share a link?
- Brazilian Manuel Player

CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #714064

DATAxPUNGED wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 12:58 pm
Constellado wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 12:54 pm

Where is the video? Can you share a link?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqZ4uipUPdM
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #714066

Constellado wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 12:54 pm I think one person got a note/ban for being the one to discover the bug too xD I don't have it with me though.
I noted Trexter for doing it, then removed it when he appealed with the bug report. No regrets 10/10 would note again.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #714104

I got to curate the list this year, that was fun.

I'm a big fan of the "Riding the tram causes you to be linked in superposition to it so when it moves, you also move" and Bubblegum can get stuck inside a pAI in very specific circumstances" bugs.

I think infinite explosions takes it for sheer impact, though.

Some of my friends ask me why I keep playing this game. Where else am I going to get shit like "my mother called me a disappointment so my race changed"?

E: I made a poll, it's in the OP. idk what the winner gets. Maybe we get the person who caused it a trophy?
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #714110

joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #714117

Im also die hard for TRAM RIDER
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #714125

Infinite explosion man is honestly so good I want to see it returned as a feature in some fashion.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #714167

the foxkin and canid pr does not belong on the list because it was simply a wasted get and didn't actually implement anything.
iansdoor
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Iansdoor

Post by iansdoor » #714195

Oh my god.
How did we forget that abomination of rabbit people.
Jumping through whatever and just randomly dying as they broke 8 single panel windows. Also a real reason to call death squad every round.

https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/79698
gameaddict07
Byond Username: Gameaddict07

Post by gameaddict07 » #714196

Don't forget the infinite growth serum.
Constellado

Post by Constellado » #714203

I saw that tram bug the other week.
https://youtu.be/eaUA8w1Jn0o?si=PEn0EzhmOfBCXEWL
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #714221

Reminds me of rhumba beat virus before we nerfed it to not keep firing on death.
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #714225

Honourable mentions:
- Organ refactor testmerge causes gulag teleporter to remove all organs and limbs from your body prior to teleportation.
- Standing next to a table on a moving tram causes your sprite to repeatedly offset vertically until you ascend or descend off the screen completely.
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #714227

Infinite explosions man is fantastic, but "Your mother calls you a disappointment so hard that it deletes your species" is a sentence you can only get from SS13.
vect0r
Byond Username: Vect0r

Post by vect0r » #714269

Constellado wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 11:53 pm I saw that tram bug the other week.
https://youtu.be/eaUA8w1Jn0o?si=PEn0EzhmOfBCXEWL
The same thing happened to me at hilberts, but it lagged for JUST the right amount that the tram impacted me and knocked me into crit.
VENDETTA+Cecilia Vujic
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #714282

Not sure if this counts but one of the first rounds of birdshot had this horrible issue where everything kept imploding. It was latenight and killed nearly everyone on the station, when the shuttle arrived it too imploded. IIRC me (the guy in the firesuit) and the captain were some of the only survivors

https://imgur.com/nblmhxN
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
Constellado

Post by Constellado » #714289

RedBaronFlyer wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 9:19 am Not sure if this counts but one of the first rounds of birdshot had this horrible issue where everything kept imploding. It was latenight and killed nearly everyone on the station, when the shuttle arrived it too imploded. IIRC me (the guy in the firesuit) and the captain were some of the only survivors

Oh my god what.

That is beautiful.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
MooCow12
Byond Username: MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #714290

Remember when tram station was first tested and it had no floor so when the round started everyone without immediate access to a hardsuit died and if we had modsuits just a year earlier at that point i wouldnt be suprised if everyone that did have immediate access to a modsuit would have also died due to the delay to put it on.

If we were in a timeline where modsuits were just a year sooner we would have had rounds where literally the entire server pop died.
List of my favorite TG Staff.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
cSeal wrote: TLDR suck my nuts you bald bitch
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #714295

MooCow12 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 11:01 am Remember when tram station was first tested and it had no floor so when the round started everyone without immediate access to a hardsuit died and if we had modsuits just a year earlier at that point i wouldnt be suprised if everyone that did have immediate access to a modsuit would have also died due to the delay to put it on.

If we were in a timeline where modsuits were just a year sooner we would have had rounds where literally the entire server pop died.
you underestimate the power of epinephrine and coffee rushing
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

vect0r
Byond Username: Vect0r

Post by vect0r » #714312

RedBaronFlyer wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 9:19 am Not sure if this counts but one of the first rounds of birdshot had this horrible issue where everything kept imploding. It was latenight and killed nearly everyone on the station, when the shuttle arrived it too imploded. IIRC me (the guy in the firesuit) and the captain were some of the only survivors

I remember this shift, I was AI if I am not mistaken. What a hellish shift.
VENDETTA+Cecilia Vujic
Bepis
Byond Username: AurumDude

Post by Bepis » #714323

I vaguely remember cooking just not working for a while, thought it had the fuckup of the year tag on it
Justice12354
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Justice12354

Post by Justice12354 » #714331

Wasn't there a bug that fucked up the whole game and made people burst into flames out of nowhere or was that last year?
Spoiler:
Indie-ana Jones
Byond Username: Indie-ana Jones

Post by Indie-ana Jones » #714342

Nobody's fixed donut monkeys yet.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #714349

Jacquerel wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 2:17 am Honourable mentions:
- Organ refactor testmerge causes gulag teleporter to remove all organs and limbs from your body prior to teleportation.
This never got added to the milestone but 1) it was a testmerge so IMO it's not eligible and 2) the guy who made it got banned from our github for being a transphobe so I would disqualify them anyway.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #714350

Vekter wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 4:27 pm
This never got added to the milestone but 1) it was a testmerge so IMO it's not eligible and 2) the guy who made it got banned from our github for being a transphobe so I would disqualify them anyway.
no this is for a more recent testmerge made by one of our maintainers
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #714352

Jacquerel wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 4:29 pm
Vekter wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 4:27 pm
no this is for a more recent testmerge made by one of our maintainers
Something something nickel something every time something two
Spoiler:

GPeckman
Byond Username: GPeckman

Post by GPeckman » #714355

The organ stuff isn't even unique to TG. Goonstation also had issues caused by organs being stored in the body. I mean, just look at the title of this issue report: Foodtech dispenser dispensing my vital orans when I request plates
Longestarmlonglaw
Byond Username: Longestarmlonglaw

Post by Longestarmlonglaw » #714939

Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #714948

I'll hear you out if you expand on your thesis. Why?
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #714966

Armhulen wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:06 pm I'll hear you out if you expand on your thesis. Why?
Lol this dude hadn't even started playing until after it was merged.
Longestarmlonglaw

Post by Longestarmlonglaw » #714969

Armhulen wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:06 pm I'll hear you out if you expand on your thesis. Why?
I dont like increasing the size of weapons. It discourages using the station resources, making you more dependent on your abilities/uplink. I dont like being dependent on my antag abilities all the time, this is a sandbox game, usually problems have multiple solutions, because after this PR, i will be more limited in how i can obtain weapons (and conceal them).

I can see what you mean by "preventing one man armying" but i want to ask who would win? 3 guys with 1 laser each, or 1 guy with 3 laser guns? the trio will most likely win because they can output more damage than the solo guy dual wielding his lasers, assuming he can hit anything since dual wielding has accuracy penalties.

Bulky weapons also make the armory a less enticing target for antags since they cant conceal their ill-gotten gains. Today, if you try and disarm security by spacing their guns, they can easily obtain more from cargo at the cost of a little money and time, guns were also made cheaper in that same pr. You are just wasting their time. (Unless you're trying to steal the reflector trenchcoat). Not to mention since a traitor busted their armory, they'll be on high alert and likely consider arming the entire crew to gun you down at first opportunity.

And for "bypassing ammo restrictions" I think we can have a compromise of a "large" class item, its as big as 2 normal items. You can still store guns in your bag, albeit less so.

Emps are also an energy weapon's weakness, even though you made an emp chemical reaction harder to create, it does not require a large reaction to drain an entire energy arsenal. Antags have their own options for doing EMPs, assuming they dont use the crew's emp chem bomb method. Emps are practically ubiquitous.

That is all i have to say.
Last edited by Longestarmlonglaw on Fri Dec 08, 2023 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Longestarmlonglaw

Post by Longestarmlonglaw » #714970

NecromancerAnne wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 1:32 am
Lol this dude hadn't even started playing until after it was merged.
I've played on yogstation before, most of their guns can fit in bags
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #714971

I don't like it so it killed tgstation
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #714985

Longestarmlonglaw wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 1:43 am
thesis
i like it for 2 things:
firstly, spacing/looting the armoury is not some genius high level tactic. as a warden there was more of less an 80% chance of someone trying this every single round. i'm glad it's rarer now because it's the same high risk for less tangible reward. people still do it, but it's not as often and not as bad when they get away with it.

secondly, it restricts the crew too: a single secoff also can't loot 5 laser guns and then wipe out the entire rogue's gallery without the need for a recharger. those little red shirted shits are encouraged to work together.
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #714986

dendydoom wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:54 am those little red shirted shits are encouraged to work together.
hey arent you a warden main
youre a red shirted shit too!
respect (let him do his thing)
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #714994

Bulky weapons also make the armory a less enticing target for antags since they cant conceal their ill-gotten gains. Today, if you try and disarm security by spacing their guns, they can easily obtain more from cargo at the cost of a little money and time, guns were also made cheaper in that same pr. You are just wasting their time. (Unless you're trying to steal the reflector trenchcoat). Not to mention since a traitor busted their armory, they'll be on high alert and likely consider arming the entire crew to gun you down at first opportunity.
I don’t know about it being easy when your options of restocking the armory are slowly ordering a crate every 10-15 minutes or strongarming cargo and then having to share with them. Concealment issues is also kinda a skill issue because you can still put guns in a crate and run off.

Armory is high risk high reward for a reason, cleaning it out is relatively difficult but there’s still plenty of reasoning to raid it especially if you nab a hand tele or something similar that makes the job trivial

E: now that I think about it, you don’t even lose out in bulky weapons because dragnet, flashbang / teargas box, baton (on beepsky) and disabler are all normal sized still and you don’t need more than the dragnet and a disabler / baton
Rageguy505
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rageguy505

Post by Rageguy505 » #715052

TheLoLSwat wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 3:59 pm

I don’t know about it being easy when your options of restocking the armory are slowly ordering a crate every 10-15 minutes or strongarming cargo and then having to share with them. Concealment issues is also kinda a skill issue because you can still put guns in a crate and run off.

Armory is high risk high reward for a reason, cleaning it out is relatively difficult but there’s still plenty of reasoning to raid it especially if you nab a hand tele or something similar that makes the job trivial

E: now that I think about it, you don’t even lose out in bulky weapons because dragnet, flashbang / teargas box, baton (on beepsky) and disabler are all normal sized still and you don’t need more than the dragnet and a disabler / baton
The head of security has his own departmental budget to buy guns with
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #715060

Plus, at least on Manuel, if you (security) ask cargo to order you guns they’ll actually order them and ship them to security 9/10. I don’t order and ship guns to security without cause unless I get asked to/there’s a threat like cult/spiders/blob/revs/xenos that requires a mass arming up.

Also yeah it feels like an overwhelming majority of heads of staff are completely unaware of department budgets. They also don’t know how to grant the janitor access to their department through the key system but that’s off topic.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit