we should rock this vote

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)

Rock the Vote?

Yes
69%
No
31%

Total votes: 55

Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

we should rock this vote

Post by Timonk » #715520

Last edited by Timonk on Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Imitates-The-Lizards
Byond Username: Typhnox

Re: we should rock this vote

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #715521

Err.... WHY was it disabled, though?
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #715523

i created a poll for rocking the vote
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #715524

dont rock the boat
respect (let him do his thing)
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #715526

Just vote for the map you want the first time
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #715529

Having RtV disabled is good.

The only justifiable excuse for why we have midround map voting is so that people can know whether they want to come back next round or not. It's the only reason I've heard anyone talk about why it's good, that makes any sense.

Having Rock the Vote completely nullified that. It made there absolutely zero point to it. So either midround map votes should be disabled, or RtV should be disabled. This is a good change.
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #715530

Jacquerel wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:59 am Just vote for the map you want the first time
Are you telling me it's a skill issue
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #715533

Timonk wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 11:04 am
Jacquerel wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:59 am Just vote for the map you want the first time
Are you telling me it's a skill issue
Needing to rock the vote is absolutely skill issue. It's aid. It's assist.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #715539

Demonic admins forcing good players to play b*rdshot after a sneaky vote passes, 1984
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #715545

Sa13 players really hate when a map is slightly sub optimal
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #715547

Won’t this just make the whole “start a map vote 0.2 seconds after the server resets, then RTV it so people can’t change the map” even worse? Feels like 90% of people doing it are for Tram and especially Birdshot.

It also makes “I’m leaving after this round so I’m going to vote tram/birdshot*” or those fucks who sneak in map votes in the middle of a huge thing going on in the station a bigger issue as well. It’s gotten to the point that I’ll say something in OOC to get people’s attention to the map vote/rtv

*I’m 100% biased against Birdshot (I’ve warmed up to team a little) but this is an actual thing.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
Imitates-The-Lizards

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #715550

The hate on birdshot is ridiculous. Except in terms of aesthetics it is a perfectly fine map. In fact, I'll go further - it's BETTER than ice box. There, I said it.
conrad

Post by conrad » #715551

Imitates-The-Lizards wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:16 pm The hate on birdshot is ridiculous. Except in terms of aesthetics it is a perfectly fine map. In fact, I'll go further - it's BETTER than ice box. There, I said it.
LET'S
NOT
GET
CRAZY
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #715552

voting is a terrible idea in the first place for maps. people will vote for the safest vanilla option until the vote literally forces them to pick between birdshot and tram, making it pointless in the first place.

but we should not remove the vote.

we should make the entire process so confusing, stressful and labyrinthine that the pure kafka dissociation will not permit you the presence of mind to see through the deception when we tell you that 418,000 people voted for birdshot next round, actually.
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
Imitates-The-Lizards

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #715553

conrad wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:17 pm
Imitates-The-Lizards wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:16 pm The hate on birdshot is ridiculous. Except in terms of aesthetics it is a perfectly fine map. In fact, I'll go further - it's BETTER than ice box. There, I said it.
LET'S
NOT
GET
CRAZY
Tell me it isnt. I dare you to look at the Bar on icebox and compare it to the AMAZING placement of the Bar on Birdshot and tell me with a straight face that Birdshot isn't better. Also, icebox has nearly completely pointless multi-z, whereas Birdshot is glorious single z. Birdshot has better performance. Birdshot has really cool gimmicks with the floating exam room and the isolated perma (although icebox's perma is definitely the best one.). Except for the aesthetics choices on birdshot being bad, it is the better map. In fact - Birdshot is the second best map in rotation after Metastation.
RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #715554

dendydoom wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:21 pm we should make the entire process so confusing, stressful and labyrinthine that the pure kafka dissociation will not permit you the presence of mind to see through the deception when we tell you that 418,000 people voted for birdshot next round, actually.

"headmins also noted that if players decided to vote straight ticket tram/birdshot, they can just hit the big red button at the center of the machine"
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
cSeal
Byond Username: O0cyann0o

Post by cSeal » #715555

we really, really need an obvious vote noise. every other server ive played on has one and it helps a shit ton, especially for things like restarts on lowpop during a murderbone where the fella refuses to call its always so mis to see more than half the server not vote because theyre tabbed out watching youtube so it just gets counted as a no
► Show Spoiler
RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #715556

Yeah like you said voting does have a noise but it's a super minor ping (or something, I can't describe noises). The issue is if basically ANYTHING else is going on you won't hear it. It's why sneaking in a map vote/RTV during a high action moment is so effective. Also forbidding map votes for the first, like, 15 minutes probably wouldn't hurt, or at least forbid it till the round full on starts to prevent people starting a map vote a nanosecond after the server restarts.
I'ma be honest I don't really hate birdshot as much as I hate that it turns people to raving foaming at the mouth morons in every round I've played on it. It's the broken window theory in full force. Its a bit of confirmation bias but all of the worst rounds I've ever had in the last six months+ have been birdshot ones.

https://www.youtube.com/clip/Ugkxdp7q9w ... kng1mfzbRh

(funfact, the [youtube] thing doesn't work for shorts it seems)
warbluke
Byond Username: Warbluke

Post by warbluke » #715559

Agreed. Icebox is too dark, too laggy, and I hate the sec layout.
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #715562

cSeal wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:33 pm we really, really need an obvious vote noise. every other server ive played on has one and it helps a shit ton, especially for things like restarts on lowpop during a murderbone where the fella refuses to call its always so mis to see more than half the server not vote because theyre tabbed out watching youtube so it just gets counted as a no
air raid siren?
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

cSeal
Byond Username: O0cyann0o

Post by cSeal » #715566

Timonk wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:21 pm
cSeal wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:33 pm we really, really need an obvious vote noise. every other server ive played on has one and it helps a shit ton, especially for things like restarts on lowpop during a murderbone where the fella refuses to call its always so mis to see more than half the server not vote because theyre tabbed out watching youtube so it just gets counted as a no
air raid siren?
People would probably just think its a fire alarm or something. it should be 15 seconds of oranges ranting about biddle instead I think
► Show Spoiler
conrad

Post by conrad » #715570

Imitates-The-Lizards wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:23 pm
conrad wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:17 pm
LET'S
NOT
GET
CRAZY
Tell me it isnt.
it isnt.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
BonChoi
Byond Username: BonChoi

Post by BonChoi » #715571

I really don't understand why this stuff just gets done without a single hint of a player poll or nothing, and instead under the attitude of "it's good for you, trust us." Annoying to say the least.
Another bad take provided by yours truly.

Istoprocent1 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:36 pm Baseless claims. I have been to the vault minimum of 38 times, how many suicides?
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #715581

BonChoi wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:45 pm I really don't understand why this stuff just gets done without a single hint of a player poll or nothing, and instead under the attitude of "it's good for you, trust us." Annoying to say the least.
there's no point doing a player poll because if we didn't like it we'd rock the vote and then run it again until we get the right result
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #715584

like 70% of map votes dont even reach double digits on their vote counts. rtv was great at making sure that the server would participate. can we just replace the sound pls
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #715594

TRAMSTATION TRAMMERS LET THEM HEAR YOUR ROAR
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #715595

This would be great
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #715606

Mothblocks added it to the changelog, but I was the one who did it.

I'm gonna likely re-create my old system of weighted random. where your vote just chose the random odds for the map pick. Gonna also have the current map have a 10% down weight for every round it was played in the last 5 rounds, so cp_2fortdust can't dominate the map pool.

People hate new maps because they are new and scary, and because they would rather vote away from the map then report the bugs it has so they can be fixed. RTV was often used for this purpose. "Oh the new map i don't have the layout of memorized finally got voted? time to rtv back to 2fort".
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #715616

Ironically new and scary maps where you don't know how to path the first 10 minutes to get all your gear tend to give a lot more engaging rounds
BonChoi

Post by BonChoi » #715624

MrStonedOne wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:27 pm Mothblocks added it to the changelog, but I was the one who did it.

I'm gonna likely re-create my old system of weighted random. where your vote just chose the random odds for the map pick. Gonna also have the current map have a 10% down weight for every round it was played in the last 5 rounds, so cp_2fortdust can't dominate the map pool.

People hate new maps because they are new and scary, and because they would rather vote away from the map then report the bugs it has so they can be fixed. RTV was often used for this purpose. "Oh the new map i don't have the layout of memorized finally got voted? time to rtv back to 2fort".
This is absolutely fair and I actually agree with the change after reading this post. Thanks for elaborating. I just wish you would've made the post in the changelog or had it spelled out that you had made the change so I probably wouldn't have gotten the ol pitchfork out so early lol.

E: Also I think the idea with the weighted random is better than what we have now.

Istoprocent1 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:36 pm Baseless claims. I have been to the vault minimum of 38 times, how many suicides?
zergking
Byond Username: Zergking

Post by zergking » #715637

MrStonedOne wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:27 pm Mothblocks added it to the changelog, but I was the one who did it.

Why don't we remove Meta instead because that would be funny as hell and cause a lot of people to be upset?
Indie-ana Jones
Byond Username: Indie-ana Jones

Post by Indie-ana Jones » #715641

Armhulen wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:30 pm Ironically new and scary maps where you don't know how to path the first 10 minutes to get all your gear tend to give a lot more engaging rounds
Fine argument for Tram, but Birdshot's layout is literal ass.
BonChoi

Post by BonChoi » #715644

zergking wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:07 am
MrStonedOne wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:27 pm -snip-
Why don't we remove Meta instead because that would be funny as hell and cause a lot of people to be upset?
For the same reason that I'm not as upset anymore, this wasn't a change to just piss people off, it had purpose to it.

Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #715660

the reason is because at the time of the change, north star had ran ten times in total in the past 3 months on sybil. when i was playing a round the one time i was going to see it in the last month of playing, the vote was rocked to instead choose meta station. the map voting system will almost certainly be changed to allow for popular maps to run more often without a month long drought of a map not being played at all
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Post by TheFinalPotato » #715661

BonChoi wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:45 pm I really don't understand why this stuff just gets done without a single hint of a player poll or nothing, and instead under the attitude of "it's good for you, trust us." Annoying to say the least.
I gotta be honest with you bro that's just how it be. Codebase makes far more sweeping changes daily without player approval, it's the vibe.
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?
Constellado
Byond Username: Constellado

Post by Constellado » #715663

Usually when a map is very new it gets picked constantly, then after a couple weeks people learn the map then start voting for their favourites, which is uaually not the new map.

People vote for tram a lot now. people used to hate that map. I guess the changes to the track controllers did a lot to make it better.

I like birdshot but people hate that map so I don't play it much.
People would vote for birdshot more if it didnt have as many issues I think? I don't know. I like the layout and vibe more than kilo (which it replaced) atleast.
Birdshot still has atmos issues. Waste is clogged due to the stupid co2 and n2o tanks.

Northstar has a broken disposals which was working a month ago but now it's broke. I like the map but the more I play the more I realise a lot of places are out of the way so they don't get used much, like the theatre and courtroom. nobody even goes near the theatre. Same with the holodeck. I bet if I poppd as blob in the theatre or made a heretic base in there nobody would find it for a while. I still like it a lot though, I can RP and do engineering projects without worrying as much about maintenance because breaches are harder to happen and rats dn't eat the cables.

Northstar needs to be voted in more.

Only place I see rock the vote good is if when somebody does the map vote at the start of a round. By the end of the round the people playing could be a different set of people, so redoing the vote is good for that situation.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #715669

zergking wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:07 am

I fully support this because Meta is boring and we'd still have Delta, which is Meta+

We don't need both Meta AND Delta and of the two getting rid of Meta makes more sense.
Imitates-The-Lizards

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #715670

Mothblocks wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 4:38 am the reason is because at the time of the change, north star had ran ten times in total in the past 3 months on sybil. when i was playing a round the one time i was going to see it in the last month of playing, the vote was rocked to instead choose meta station. the map voting system will almost certainly be changed to allow for popular maps to run more often without a month long drought of a map not being played at all
This is because Northstar has performance issues, so no one wants to play on it. I have two different setups I play on, a laptop at work and a much more powerful desktop at home, and the laptop chugs along and acts like I'm trying to force it to render an 8k movie on northstar, despite being able to play MUCH more technically demanding games just fine, while every other map is just fine - icebox had lesser performance issues as well for a couple of months but those got fixed at some point. Were northstar's performance issues ever fixed? I don't know! But since I know the previous times I tried playing on it it sucked performance wise, I don't want to vote for or play on it ever. Why vote for northstar just to "test" if it's working properly now, when I can just vote for Metastation which I know just works? I'm here to play the game, after all. Like even Birdshot, for all the hate it gets, it runs perfectly well.

Well, that and Sybil's population has collapsed so for 90% of the day Sybil doesn't even meet the population requirements for northstar anyway.
Ezel
Byond Username: Improvedname

Post by Ezel » #715672

Didn't rock the vote only get added because goof, added it with the arguement of that the players could change the map because people who didn't notice the vote could change the map and maybe some peoppe can't even vote middle in the round due what they are doing like a antag chase idk.

Maybe the vote should only be roundstart/endround like yknow where everyone has the time to spare
The future is horrible!
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #715673

yeah honestly why can you even call for a map vote mid round
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Post by TheFinalPotato » #715674

Imitates-The-Lizards wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 6:55 am
This is because Northstar has performance issues, so no one wants to play on it. I have two different setups I play on, a laptop at work and a much more powerful desktop at home, and the laptop chugs along and acts like I'm trying to force it to render an 8k movie on northstar, despite being able to play MUCH more technically demanding games just fine, while every other map is just fine - icebox had lesser performance issues as well for a couple of months but those got fixed at some point. Were northstar's performance issues ever fixed? I don't know! But since I know the previous times I tried playing on it it sucked performance wise, I don't want to vote for or play on it ever. Why vote for northstar just to "test" if it's working properly now, when I can just vote for Metastation which I know just works? I'm here to play the game, after all. Like even Birdshot, for all the hate it gets, it runs perfectly well.
If northstar has performance issues clientside then icebox will have the same (tho less cause less z levels). https://discord.com/channels/3268221442 ... 7658560543
Workin on it. your game is my test server
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #715677

Ezel wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:10 am Didn't rock the vote only get added because goof, added it with the arguement of that the players could change the map because people who didn't notice the vote could change the map and maybe some peoppe can't even vote middle in the round due what they are doing like a antag chase idk.

Maybe the vote should only be roundstart/endround like yknow where everyone has the time to spare
it was san and i merged it but regret it
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #715681

While obviously we need to force peoples hands a bit to actually get the new maps up to snuff, its hard to blame the people who are just here to have fun and dont want to do dev work instead of a normal round for forcing their favorite maps repeatedly.

Its also hard to tell between “im not voting for this map because its broken and buggy”, “im not voting for this map because it used to be broken and buggy and i dont feel like second chances, and “i just dont like this maps and it’s impossible to leave feedback about it because everything i dislike is a Feature or the maps Gimmick, so i want to play literally anywhere else”

(Complaining that the largest map in the game doesnt get much play on a server that rarely edges over 30 people is at least a little silly)
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
nianjiilical
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Nianjiilical

Post by nianjiilical » #715716

ive been decently active on sybil and i legit have *never* played on northstar until last night which i dont think is a good sign
human: ramon chivara
ai: shitpost generator
borg: shite-115
clown: donk tonkler
mime: beautiful noise

admin feedback thread

my admin policy:
Spoiler:
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #715717

Northstar and birdshot are cool and all but if there’s a chance to play meta or delta or icebox or even tram then why not? Time isn’t infinite and picking the station you are about to dedicate an hour+ to is a big decision, and one where playing it safe with a comfort map is always more appealing than not
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #715719

Sorry guys, this was already voted on, rocked, and voted on again moments after the decision was made. It's a shame you weren't there for it, but it's set in stone now.
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #715720

I'd kind of wanted this to happen for a while, the only reason I'd ever advocated for us keeping it was because it was funny when someone tried to do it and the same map got voted for again.

It's a pointless exercise because about 90% of the time it was used was directly after a map vote when a map someone didn't want got chosen.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
MooCow12
Byond Username: MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #715725

Vote by not playing when there is a map you don't want to play.

Go to tg discord and ping the bot to notify you on server restart so youll know when the next round starts.
List of my favorite TG Staff.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
cSeal wrote: TLDR suck my nuts you bald bitch
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #715741

lame admins force a map on players by using the change-map verb.
based admins start a vote then varedit the results so the map they want gets 1,984 votes
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #715742

Redpilled admins varedit the config controller to give the map they want a 3x vote weight so players don't even know the vote was rigged
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW: