do you guys like the new blood brothers

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

do you guys like the new blood brothers

Post by Mothblocks » #716341

just checking
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
iansdoor
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Iansdoor

Re: do you guys like the new blood brothers

Post by iansdoor » #716342

I would say the complaint is that flash is used for conversion. I am not sure other clever thing you could use to gain the second or third brother. At the moment, blood brothers are budget revolution in a way.

Other than that, I like this version of blood brothers and have seen very unique ways to complete the objectives like flashing the target and locking them into they must die.
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #716343

I have seen the thing where the initial blood bro flashes the most robust static they know and then start mass murdering.
Haven’t rolled it/been chosen myself yet.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
nianjiilical
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Nianjiilical

Post by nianjiilical » #716344

i dont like it because i have no friends and the one time i rolled it i went the whole round not knowing who to convert

in all seriousness its fun, though i do second the mild concern that if someone who's both really robust and a long time static player gets it, they just flash someone else they know who's insanely robust and the murderbone is nigh unstoppable

i like it im just curious to see how it pans out in the long term and whether or not is gets too metafriendy
human: ramon chivara
ai: shitpost generator
borg: shite-115
clown: donk tonkler
mime: beautiful noise

admin feedback thread

my admin policy:
Spoiler:
Imitates-The-Lizards
Byond Username: Typhnox

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #716345

I like it. I've been playing scientist a lot lately, so usually I convert a roboticist and we take our time and gear up with a mech and some explosives before we go ham for our objectives. It's fun and it's cool to have a fellow traitor buddy.
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #716346

I like the idea of it but I'm not the biggest fan of being a full on antag with a partner that you can let down. At least when you're a lone traitor you can decide to not do anything or do a gimmick without annoying/disappointing a partner. With cult/revs you can keep your head down while still helping the cause, but for blood brothers you have to tag along with whatever they're doing. Unlike with cult/revs, which usually just results in you being deconverted and thrown out of the brig (unless things are FUBAR), blood brothers usually leads up to a permabriggable behavior or even execution unless you get away with the crime.

I do realize that it does benefit the paranoia aspect since people who normally don't have antags enabled can be an antag after all, it still kinda sucks to get turned into an antag against your will. It'd be like if you had no say about whether you wanted to be a headrev or not. I've always liked that players have a fair bit of control as to whether they want to be a player who plays all the antags, plays some of the antags, or are mostly just someone trying to survive whatever shenanigans the antag players create. Blood brothers throws a wrench into that whole system IMO. IDK how to word it better but I feel like the difference between getting converted to be a cult/rev is far less of an impact than a BB, since, again, you can get turned back into a normal crewmember.

I'm tired so this post is a mess but hopefully it makes a little bit of sense
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #716352

i havent seen one.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #716355

i liked blood brothers better when my blood brother was a random guy on the station because i would get to know them
now its just metagang
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #716359

Had my concerns but I think they've proven themselves to be groundless. Personally I do like the use of flashes. Good stuff mb 👍
warbluke
Byond Username: Warbluke

Post by warbluke » #716361

On lowpop two blood brothers rolling can make half the crew instantly antags since the two blood brothers then convert two more people.
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #716363

warbluke wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:09 pm On lowpop two blood brothers rolling can make half the crew instantly antags since the two blood brothers then convert two more people.
1% chance
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #716364

Timonk wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 1:45 pm i liked blood brothers better when my blood brother was a random guy on the station because i would get to know them
now its just metagang
Agree with timonk here. The appeal of bb was becoming unlikely allies and mixing and matching your department gear
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #716366

the meta part sucks but it seems to be a necessary evil because bb is a million times better than it was before (and it actually is on LRP!!)
vect0r
Byond Username: Vect0r

Post by vect0r » #716369

I liked the randomness of the old bbs more because you got to see “ohh shit I’m bros with jimmy the rd” and you’d make anomaly shit and then fuck up the station, but if you were paired up with a engineer, you would like fuck with the SM. I just feel like that’s missing from the new BBs.
VENDETTA+Cecilia Vujic
warbluke

Post by warbluke » #716376

Timonk wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:27 pm 1% chance
I saw it yesterday. Even 1% of that round happening again is not something I'm too excited about.
PapaMichael
Byond Username: PapaMichael

Post by PapaMichael » #716386

I like it a lot. When it goes well, BB is the absolute creme de la creme of SS13, combining gaming and social/rp aspects.

Maybe I just got unlucky with old BB's but most of the time I rolled it, I matched with people who SSD'd 20 minutes in and didn't bother to ahelp it, or gamers who didn't want much to do with me and completed all the objective on their own, or shitters who could only manage 1-word replies to me or some other unsatisfying experience.

You don't HAVE to metagang. I had a round where I flashed someone who I had barely interacted with before but who seemed to RP well and be an enjoyable person to interact with, and I had a fucking blast getting to know and plotting with my new friend.

I agree it's a little iffy that in literally every other case you can opt out of being a high-effort antag, but if Joe Spessman flashes you, you're going to have to spend the next 90 minutes plotting murder.
Approximately what percent of the playerbase have BB enabled? Would blocking the flash from working on someone unless they have that option enabled break the gamemode? Of course, having to run around flashing multiple people would make the mode look even more like revs, and also has the chance of you utterly failing to find anyone, so this is probably a stupid idea...
DrAmazing343
Byond Username: DrAmazing343

Post by DrAmazing343 » #716393

I like the new blood brothers a lot! I haven't seen a lot of the le robust static metateam extraordinaire happening, really, at least on Manny and in my anecdotal experience. The closest to that was two lizardbros who spent ONE round wiping the floor with Sec off a BB roll, but I haven't seen it happen again with those two and far more often it seems to be random, interesting, or useful combinations without any crazy meta shit happening.

Again, anecdotal, but I love it.
Walter brought back Crack.
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer

Post by Mothblocks » #716396

warbluke wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:09 pm On lowpop two blood brothers rolling can make half the crew instantly antags since the two blood brothers then convert two more people.
no they cant. 10% chance for the first brother and impossible otherwise. report the round id as a bug if you saw this
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.

warbluke

Post by warbluke » #716405

Mothblocks wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 1:47 am no they cant. 10% chance for the first brother and impossible otherwise. report the round id as a bug if you saw this
I'm not entirely sure if this counts as a bug or not but here's the round:
https://scrubby.melonmesa.com/round/220792?h
MothNyan
Byond Username: Moffifuwa

Post by MothNyan » #716439

I rolled it last night, flashed someone I know but don't interact with a lot and had the best RP round! So I like it.
Unfortunately we were both very unrobust so the height of our antaggery was plotting evil plans like supervillians and executing nothing. It was a lot of fun though!
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer

Post by Mothblocks » #716447

warbluke wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 4:29 am
Mothblocks wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 1:47 am no they cant. 10% chance for the first brother and impossible otherwise. report the round id as a bug if you saw this
I'm not entirely sure if this counts as a bug or not but here's the round:
https://scrubby.melonmesa.com/round/220792?h
it just rolled blood brothers twice, so not a bug though tweaking numbers on this is hard (theres no way to adjust number of scaling to pop that wouldve affected this). might be fixed in dynamic 2024, though

Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #716449

I rolled it and it was pretty fun. Felt pretty much just like normal blood brothers to me. I just worry the system is a bit abusable when it comes to meta knowledge.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #716452

imagine i roll blood brother and i run up to lexia black and recruit her. instant win
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

britgrenadier1
Byond Username: Britgrenadier1

Post by britgrenadier1 » #716453

its good, lets you pick someone you've played with before and can therefore give the rest of sec/station more of a challenge.
I play Culls-The-Leviathan and Chris O' Riley. Primarily on Manny

Drag
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thedragmeme

Post by Drag » #716489

I like revs having another plausible deniability situation, but it's literally the same save for "flash the servers most robust/flash your meta friend"
xzero314
Byond Username: Xzero314

Post by xzero314 » #716569

I have rolled it a few times now and had tons of fun every time. I had one of my best rounds ever the other day as the new BB. I was the mime and so naturally I flashed the clown. We got up to a lot of shenanigans. One time I rolled it right after giving a bunch of advice to a new miner in the previous round, I saw them again next round so I flashed them and we had a co op mining adventure that ended with us both dead to mega fauna. It is extremely fun how it is now. If you were willing to code it then you could satisfy all sides with a random partner option but its not needed.
ImageImageImageImage
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #716719

I turned on antags for the first time in a month and rolled this.

It was a 4 person shift, and I had the objective to strand 2 shaft miners. I flashed the other person (RD/acting captain) and we disabled all the ways back to the station we could think of. Somehow one of them got back up anyways once more people joined the shift.

Eventually a pyro slime delaminated the engine.
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #716721

i cant believe someone got to roll with gene ball
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote: