the SS13 ERP server schism

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

the SS13 ERP server schism

Post by EmpressMaia » #716517

the host of skyrat took it down and now like 2 servers sprouted from it due to internal discourse. the schism has happened
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Re: the SS13 ERP server schism

Post by Timonk » #716528

finally
skyrat has perished
i can sleep well at night now.
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #716536

the past 4 years of long dead burnt out manuel statics are about to return...
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
stairmaster
Byond Username: Stairmaster

Post by stairmaster » #716539

i HATE sex
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #716541

The schism's kinda fucked, honestly. I'm far from a fan of Skyrat's (now former) Host, but he was actually kinda right this time.

The straw that broke the camel's back was that he got pissed that an appeal was accepted for someone who was on the 18+ ERP Server *underaged* with a fake ID, and was now applying to join as an Of Age person.

And I kinda agree with him??? The person risked jail time for a LOT of people there, while committing a crime themselves. That's not something you should just go "Hmm, no that's fine, welcome back" about.
Higgin
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Higgin

Post by Higgin » #716544

CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 5:25 am The schism's kinda fucked, honestly. I'm far from a fan of Skyrat's (now former) Host, but he was actually kinda right this time.

The straw that broke the camel's back was that he got pissed that an appeal was accepted for someone who was on the 18+ ERP Server *underaged* with a fake ID, and was now applying to join as an Of Age person.

And I kinda agree with him??? The person risked jail time for a LOT of people there, while committing a crime themselves. That's not something you should just go "Hmm, no that's fine, welcome back" about.
yeah this was actually the right call on Xyel's part

if you're not going to be as rigorous with stuff like age checking on the front end (which you should, more than SR has - Bubber actually does an ID age-check up front, which is still spoofable, but much better) you have to be serious about it when caught

if somebody flaunts the rule, the sacred one up front on which the existence of the community is predicated, you maintain the perma, no appeal

simple as

doesn't mean there's nothing to the staff having other issues with Xyel or that there aren't ways that they might do better, but this ain't one of them and does not reflect positively on the coupsters
feedback appreciated here <3
CMDR_Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #716552

Higgin wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 5:46 am
CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 5:25 am The schism's kinda fucked, honestly. I'm far from a fan of Skyrat's (now former) Host, but he was actually kinda right this time.

yeah this was actually the right call on Xyel's part

if you're not going to be as rigorous with stuff like age checking on the front end (which you should, more than SR has - Bubber actually does an ID age-check up front, which is still spoofable, but much better) you have to be serious about it when caught

if somebody flaunts the rule, the sacred one up front on which the existence of the community is predicated, you maintain the perma, no appeal

simple as

doesn't mean there's nothing to the staff having other issues with Xyel or that there aren't ways that they might do better, but this ain't one of them and does not reflect positively on the coupsters
Oh, definitely. But to re-purpose the exact quote I had when it first happened before I knew about why, "Xyel's been doing this for years, what makes this time special?"

The fact that what makes this time special is the one time he was right is Kinda Very Concerning.
Drag
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thedragmeme

Post by Drag » #716555

The furries are having a civil war and Im all here for it, why cant our drama be this fun?
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Kieth4

Post by kieth4 » #716556

Imagine being on the erp server and being told "hey the guy you erped with was 16 but it's ok they're 18 now:)" keep that mf banned you can't even be sure that they are 18 what an absolute brainrotted thing to schism over. Wonder why the admins even went so far to defend them bro
Constellado
Byond Username: Constellado

Post by Constellado » #716557

I think they were planning it for a while...
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #716561

dendydoom wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 3:12 am the past 4 years of long dead burnt out manuel statics are about to return...
holy shit no way
who was that one static in the wheelchair

jay luna ray or something, i cant remember but they were a godsend in engineering
respect (let him do his thing)
kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #716563

nina jay?
Bmon
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Bmon

Post by Bmon » #716570

all i wanted for christmas was furry erp server drama and i got it. thank you santa
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin

Post by dendydoom » #716571

kinnebian wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 1:43 pm
dendydoom wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 3:12 am the past 4 years of long dead burnt out manuel statics are about to return...
holy shit no way
who was that one static in the wheelchair

jay luna ray or something, i cant remember but they were a godsend in engineering
nina-jay leroux

damn that's a deep cut reference

me walking into pubbystation medbay circa october 2020 and immediately getting beaten up by nina, espinoza and roby
NSFW:
EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #716576

Drag wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 9:27 am The furries are having a civil war and Im all here for it, why cant our drama be this fun?
our drama is from either middle aged men or teenagers and therrers no inbetween,
Indie-ana Jones
Byond Username: Indie-ana Jones

Post by Indie-ana Jones » #716595

I didn't know Skyrat was *actually* an ERP server. We've been sending people to an ERP server to get vouches?
spookuni
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Spookuni

Post by spookuni » #716597

dendydoom wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 3:30 pm
kinnebian wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 1:43 pm
dendydoom wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 3:12 am
nina-jay leroux

damn that's a deep cut reference

me walking into pubbystation medbay circa october 2020 and immediately getting beaten up by nina, espinoza and roby
Old memories...
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #716599

Indie-ana Jones wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 11:41 pm I didn't know Skyrat was *actually* an ERP server. We've been sending people to an ERP server to get vouches?
We've not been sending people anywhere to get vouches they have a range of options
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #716601

For the servers we accept vouchers from, is it a whitelist or a blacklist?
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #716602

Itseasytosee2me wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 12:57 am For the servers we accept vouchers from, is it a whitelist or a blacklist?
blacklist
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Post by Cheshify » #716603

Drag wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 9:27 am The furries are having a civil war and Im all here for it, why cant our drama be this fun?
I'm glad our drama doesn't involve underage ERP or whatever the fuck was going on here.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
Justice12354
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Justice12354

Post by Justice12354 » #716605

Cheshify wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 1:55 am
I'm glad our drama doesn't involve underage ERP or whatever the fuck was going on here.
Yet ;D
Spoiler:
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #716606

bee socks came close
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin

Post by dendydoom » #716607

we're still stuck on "the admins are evil" basic tier drama, these mfs are way out of our league
NSFW:
EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #716609

Did tg have underage erp drama while erp was allowed here
Drag
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thedragmeme

Post by Drag » #716610

EmpressMaia wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 4:19 am
I said "fun" not illegal
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #716622

I guess I'm a prude but I always prefer erotic stuff to be separate from my video games. I've never got the appeal of ERP. Just seems weird to me.

I did like skyrats loadout system though, that was cool (you're able to get way too much stuff though)
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #716654

EmpressMaia wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 4:19 am
Presumably yes but I can't recall any

Do take note though that the 18+ server rule came after ERP was banned (or if I remember the timeline wrongly, atleast shortly before it)
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
Ziiro
Byond Username: Ziiro
Github Username: Ziiro

Post by Ziiro » #716660

RedBaronFlyer wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 12:55 pm I guess I'm a prude but I always prefer erotic stuff to be separate from my video games. I've never got the appeal of ERP. Just seems weird to me.

I did like skyrats loadout system though, that was cool (you're able to get way too much stuff though)
I played a few rounds a while ago to try it out: I was a big fan of the loadout system and some of the species/trait/customization stuff. They had rolled in some of my IPC code, so obviously I'm going to be a fan.

That said their outlook on antag/antag systems was absolute bullshit. Having to write a fucking short story of character motivation in order to be an antagonist of any kind is a tedious way to do things.
Constellado
Byond Username: Constellado

Post by Constellado » #716661

A good part of this schizm is you now have an extra server to pick from! One will be moree RP oriented then the other from what I can tell? One will be brining back antags I think?

I played skyrat like once and it was ok. I didn't like the big range of sizes everybody was. Ah look a big blob of pixels! Oh now look a teeny tiny little thing. And oh no look another blob of pixels!

I do like the idea of having medical records and things that you can write in yourself. But TG LRP would mald if we added more RP oriented things like that.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

Post by TheRex9001 » #716662

Constellado wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 10:51 pm A good part of this schizm is you now have an extra server to pick from! One will be moree RP oriented then the other from what I can tell? One will be brining back antags I think?

I played skyrat like once and it was ok. I didn't like the big range of sizes everybody was. Ah look a big blob of pixels! Oh now look a teeny tiny little thing. And oh no look another blob of pixels!

I do like the idea of having medical records and things that you can write in yourself. But TG LRP would mald if we added more RP oriented things like that.
Admins would mald if we now had to check over everyones fucking medical records so people arent just using them to spam the n word or something
kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #716663

skyrat going from consistently top of hub to like 9 players on
RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #716664

kinnebian wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 11:53 pm skyrat going from consistently top of hub to like 9 players on
I'd had a nickel for every time a superpower dissolved around Christmas I'd have two nickels, which isn't a lot but it's weird that it happened twice.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #716667

RedBaronFlyer wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 11:59 pm
kinnebian wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 11:53 pm skyrat going from consistently top of hub to like 9 players on
I'd had a nickel for every time a superpower dissolved around Christmas I'd have two nickels, which isn't a lot but it's weird that it happened twice.
comparing an ERP server to the Soviet Union really shows how far SS13 has come, wow...

Also you really should have 3 nickels since you ought to include the final decline of the British Empire and the culmination of that in the Suez Canal Crisis, which happened in November 1956 and its aftermath in the two months succeeding it (AKA Christmas time). This led to the dissolution of the British government, and more importantly, largely the end of imperial politics in the UK as they had existed previously.
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin

Post by dendydoom » #716668

Bawhoppennn wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 12:34 am
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 11:59 pm
comparing an ERP server to the Soviet Union really shows how far SS13 has come, wow...

Also you really should have 3 nickels since you ought to include the final decline of the British Empire and the culmination of that in the Suez Canal Crisis, which happened in November 1956 and its aftermath in the two months succeeding it (AKA Christmas time). This led to the dissolution of the British government, and more importantly, largely the end of imperial politics in the UK as they had existed previously.
one of my first ever full fledged studies cutting my teeth in academia was analyzing the empire's propaganda of president nasser at the time

it was a fascinating shift in geopolitics, the british were pissing their bloomers because it upset america very much and they threatened to pull access to low interest loans to the UK as part of the mutual security plan after the marshall plan ended.
NSFW:
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Post by Cheshify » #716674

Bawhoppennn wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 12:34 am
I actually agree, we can't equate something massive like a furry ERP server split to some weird country thing that nobody cares about.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
zergking
Byond Username: Zergking

Post by zergking » #716735

Still can’t beleive all of this happened because xyel said “No, we should not let the underaged user who used a fake ID back into the server”
CMDR_Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #716736

zergking wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 5:52 am Still can’t beleive all of this happened because xyel said “No, we should not let the underaged user who used a fake ID back into the server”
Right? Like-

Yeah, Xyel's an asshole who treats the staff like shit. But it's been happening for years before, and will continue to happen for years more. But that's exactly why you can wait until you actually have a good inciting incident.
Bepis
Byond Username: AurumDude

Post by Bepis » #716737

zergking

Post by zergking » #716749

CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:08 am
zergking wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 5:52 am Still can’t beleive all of this happened because xyel said “No, we should not let the underaged user who used a fake ID back into the server”
Right? Like-

Yeah, Xyel's an asshole who treats the staff like shit. But it's been happening for years before, and will continue to happen for years more. But that's exactly why you can wait until you actually have a good inciting incident.
What’s even funnier is that the new server hijacked the skyrat wiki and changed all the discord links to their place, the admins advertised their place using admin announcement in the regular server, then messed with the discords bot perms adding random users/alts and banning a bunch of people, deleting roles, and announcements.

Oh, and the fact that Skyrat HAPPENED to go down during this and they kept the name skyrat on their server (right after it came online, immediately after when skyrat went down) and description, so for a while there were two Skyrats on the hub with one being the fake.

I can sympathize with wanting to fuck off and make your own place, but this whole debacle has got me going “Yeah they’re gonna implode”
EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #716751

Furries be on some shit
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #716752

zergking wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:53 pm
What’s even funnier is that the new server hijacked the skyrat wiki and changed all the discord links to their place, the admins advertised their place using admin announcement in the regular server, then messed with the discords bot perms adding random users/alts and banning a bunch of people, deleting roles, and announcements.

Oh, and the fact that Skyrat HAPPENED to go down during this and they kept the name skyrat on their server (right after it came online, immediately after when skyrat went down) and description, so for a while there were two Skyrats on the hub with one being the fake.

I can sympathize with wanting to fuck off and make your own place, but this whole debacle has got me going “Yeah they’re gonna implode”
sooo
which server is the one where the guy with the fake ID is allowed to play
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #716753

Timonk wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:30 pm

sooo
skyrat og
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #716754

kinnebian wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:08 pm

sooo
skyrat og
why would OG skyrat be the one where that guy is unbanned if the final straw leading to a schism was the admin team calling the host's bluff when he disagreed with their decision to unban the guy?

I think New Skyrat is called Nova Sector btw, boring ass name
my understanding is that Nova Sector has 90% of the playerbase and staff team, while Old Skyrat has uh... Xyel I guess.
Last edited by Jacquerel on Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #716755

sooo
skyrat og
i think i need to reiterate. on which one of the new servers is that guy allowed to play so i can avoid it forever even more than the one where he isnt allowed to play
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #716756

You would think a cooperate space station wouldn't have a vending machine that solely dispenses sextoys, but what do I know, maybe this is one of those "player's fun is more important than anything else" things.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #716757

Itseasytosee2me wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:22 pm You would think a cooperate space station wouldn't have a vending machine that solely dispenses sextoys, but what do I know, maybe this is one of those "player's fun is more important than anything else" things.
Perhaps Nanotrasen has an Adam and Eve department, who knows
kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #716762

Jacquerel wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:16 pm

sooo
skyrat og
why would OG skyrat be the one where that guy is unbanned if the final straw leading to a schism was the admin team calling the host's bluff when he disagreed with their decision to unban the guy?

I think New Skyrat is called Nova Sector btw, boring ass name
my understanding is that Nova Sector has 90% of the playerbase and staff team, while Old Skyrat has uh... Xyel I guess.
its the other way around i think? they (nova sector) disagreed with og skyrat letting that guy back in
zergking

Post by zergking » #716764

Nova Sector is the one the person who tried to pass off a fake ID is allowed to play on. Skyrat is not
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #716765

here is my totally real ID
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote: