the SS13 ERP server schism

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

the SS13 ERP server schism

Post by EmpressMaia » #716517

Bottom post of the previous page:

the host of skyrat took it down and now like 2 servers sprouted from it due to internal discourse. the schism has happened
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Re: the SS13 ERP server schism

Post by Timonk » #716765

here is my totally real ID
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #716766

kinnebian wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:35 pm its the other way around i think? they (nova sector) disagreed with og skyrat letting that guy back in
My understanding:

The existing (now former) staff team at Skyrat wanted to unban this guy for some reason
The host said "wait what? no" and then put their foot down in a "it's my server so if you don't like my decision then go somewhere else" bluff
As the host is annoying and generally disliked anyway they called the bluff and did that

So the new server (nova sector) is the one with most of the former admins and playerbase, but the playerbase includes this one guy who shouldn't have been unbanned in the first place
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #716768

kinnebian wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:35 pm its the other way around i think? they (nova sector) disagreed with og skyrat letting that guy back in
No, unfortunately, the Staff that left were the ones that wanted to let him in.
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #716773

Was the ID 100% Provably undoubtedly fake or just maybe fake
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #716786

guys please don't read the wiki pages for either of these servers the rules say you need locc consent before saying anything erotic about others but I did not consent to reading the horror that is their felinid page.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #716804

would be a damn shame if someone reported that there are potentially underage person(s) doing ERP on the nova sector... maybe lummox will do anything about it? he can probably ban servers off the hub, potentially from using his adress too right?

personally its not about shitstirring but setting a precedence for me
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Jacquerel
Code Maintainer

Post by Jacquerel » #716808

Itseasytosee2me wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 8:19 am guys please don't read the wiki pages for either of these servers the rules say you need locc consent before saying anything erotic about others but I did not consent to reading the horror that is their felinid page.
fake news i dont think skyrat even has felinids
Timonk wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:55 pm would be a damn shame if someone reported that there are potentially underage person(s) doing ERP on the nova sector... maybe lummox will do anything about it? he can probably ban servers off the hub, potentially from using his adress too right?

this post is 100% about shitstirring because the only thing you have evidence of is "someone who was underaged in the past is playing on an ERP server" which is also true about every player on any ERP server
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #716809

Jacquerel wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 4:43 pm
Timonk wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:55 pm would be a damn shame if someone reported that there are potentially underage person(s) doing ERP on the nova sector... maybe lummox will do anything about it? he can probably ban servers off the hub, potentially from using his adress too right?

this post is 100% about shitstirring because the only thing you have evidence of is "someone who was underaged in the past is playing on an ERP server" which is also true about every player on any ERP server
do you have evidence that they turned 18 between showing their fake ID and now
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #716811

Timonk wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:03 am here is my totally real ID
/ me ERP's you
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TheBibleMelts

Post by TheBibleMelts » #716821

this is the most Melvin thing i've seen posted in a long time
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer

Post by Jacquerel » #716822

Timonk wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 4:56 pm

Unless you can prove they didn't nobody is doing anything illegal and Lummox won't give a shit
Don't get me wrong I think unbanning this guy is dumb but it's just dumb not immoral
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Post by Cheshify » #716824

I pray that these things did not actually happen because that's genuinely disturbing, and makes me want to distance myself from those communities as much as I can.

Another day when we should all be thankful that most TG drama is people acting like children, not actually being children.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #716825

my full experience of skyrat was being told about it by friends who were playing there, so i tried to join, glanced at the entry application that had a required reading list, blinked in disbelief and left forever.

good luck to them hope they keep minors out of the sex rooms but i have 0 interest in their vibe and the most egregious crime beyond the possibility of weird freaky text fucking is the funhouse mirror sized sprites cus everyone is either a 7 foot stuttering bottom or a 1'3 stuttering bottom i do not like it, it is extremely distracting and ugly and it offends my sensibilities greatly
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #716826

TheBibleMelts wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 7:47 pm

this is the most Melvin thing i've seen posted in a long time
what did he mean by this
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Timonk

Post by Timonk » #716828

Jacquerel wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 7:48 pm
Timonk wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 4:56 pm

Unless you can prove they didn't nobody is doing anything illegal and Lummox won't give a shit
theres only 2 reasons to use a fake ID

They want to protect their Identity
They arent actually 18 yet

former is stupid especially if they are coming from a underage permaban which makes the latter much more likely but im sure if lummox inquired what about it was obviously fake he would get an answer
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Jacquerel
Code Maintainer

Post by Jacquerel » #716829

Timonk wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 8:34 pm theres only 2 reasons to use a fake ID

They want to protect their Identity
They arent actually 18 yet

former is stupid especially if they are coming from a underage permaban which makes the latter much more likely but im sure if lummox inquired what about it was obviously fake he would get an answer
you might have got the wrong end of the stick here: when they used a fake ID was three years ago and this was proven by discovering their actual age
enough time has now passed that they do not need to use a fake ID because they're actually of age
they were banned in the past for this, the objection was to unbanning them once they became of legal age (the objection was such that they were denied originally, and retried a year later (now) and met acceptance)
they're not being banned for using a fake ID in the present, they were banned for using one three years ago, but were of age one year ago

now you may argue: it's not very smart to unban someone who tried to enter an adults-only server when they were underaged even if they aren't any more, to which I would agree
but it's not illegal and lummox has no reason to give a shit, and trying to drag him into it is pretty undeniably just shit-stirring
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #716830

lummox does not give a fuck about server affairs and wont intervene.
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #716834

Jacquerel wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 8:48 pm Snip
Well i feel stupid now.
Unless the Person was an actual Infant 3 years ago theres a good Chance they are 18 and over now. But i do agreed that they should have to actually prove their age now
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Constellado
Byond Username: Constellado

Post by Constellado » #716909

dendydoom wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 8:26 pm the most egregious crime beyond the possibility of weird freaky text fucking is the funhouse mirror sized sprites cus everyone is either a 7 foot stuttering bottom or a 1'3 stuttering bottom i do not like it, it is extremely distracting and ugly and it offends my sensibilities greatly
This is why I don't play on those servers, because it's super visible even when you are *not* there for ERP. Neon pixel blobs of every colour and every size bothered me when I went there. Very distracting and didn't fit the setting I am used to imho.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #716925

Boobs 👍
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master

Post by Cheshify » #716929

It's weird, I think the level of customization possible is cool. You can basically make whatever character you want. However, without limitations in place to preserve visual unity there's no reason not to make a neon fox because everyone else is.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #716934

Just realized constelado wrote neon blobs not neon boobs I retract my previous post
EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #716935

Cheshify wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 6:00 am It's weird, I think the level of customization possible is cool. You can basically make whatever character you want. However, without limitations in place to preserve visual unity there's no reason not to make a neon fox because everyone else is.
Yeah it's. Certainly something. It's a real eyesore seeing a 8ft lizard with a penis 2 tiles long next to a blueshield talking to the captain about a potentially syndicate threat. (This was my first round on skyray and I saw this shit as an assistant)
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Post by TheFinalPotato » #716939

I want to scream
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TheBibleMelts

Post by TheBibleMelts » #716941

*bwoink* hey bud could you lower your dick size, it's disruptive to others
chocolate_bickie
Byond Username: Chocolate_bickie

Post by chocolate_bickie » #716942

*spin
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master

Post by Cheshify » #716972

Markings is a cool system though, would be cool if we had something similar for custom tattoos or scars on a character.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer

Post by TheFinalPotato » #716976

NOT AGAIN
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #716983

Some people need to be mundane mandys. We can't all be neon foxes from planet myspace to live in a believable setting. Hell, I like being a mundane mandy but we're growing rarer and rarer
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #716986

TheFinalPotato wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:37 pm NOT AGAIN
what happened
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer

Post by TheFinalPotato » #717014

Those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it
The Wrench
Byond Username: The Wrench

Post by The Wrench » #717069

Armhulen wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:08 am Some people need to be mundane mandys. We can't all be neon foxes from planet myspace to live in a believable setting. Hell, I like being a mundane mandy but we're growing rarer and rarer
Completely off topic, but what’s the deal with the Mississippi thing in your signature?
Jonathan Gupta wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:32 pm all you godamn do is whine and complain come up with ideas, stop bitching for christs sake.
Flatulent wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:02 am You and anyone who supports the rule 3 as described by mso is simply put not an lrp player