thinking way too often about ss13 and my characters

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
winterseasalt
Byond Username: Winterseasalt

thinking way too often about ss13 and my characters

Post by winterseasalt » #718270

i spend stupidly long hours on tg everyday and i even dream of it and i think of my characters extremely often
my main character (ani myu) is extremely goofy and can be taken as a joke but for some reason in my mind i think of her kind of deeply and doodle her often
any advice on how to cure this mental illness please thank you
Imageyou will eat zunda at the end of the worldImage
► Show Spoiler
warbluke
Byond Username: Warbluke

Re: thinking way too often about ss13 and my characters

Post by warbluke » #718271

Have you tried playing other servers/games? I find that CIV13 and all the CM spinoffs do a good job of cleansing a palate.
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #718272

i'm glad you're enjoying the game.

escapism can be a lot of help to people - it was to me when i first came back here. but for every person i've seen it help, i've also seen it pull someone in and absorb them in an entirely new set of problems that now exist within this fantasy world. the way we express ourselves and the people we meet are real, but ultimately we are participating in something purely fictional. people can and often do lose sight of that, unfortunately.

as long as you're looking after yourself and not simply swapping earth problems for ss13 ones, then i wish you all the best.

in other words: sit up straight, take the cups out your room, brush your hair and get an actual night of sleep!
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #718273

nerd
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
winterseasalt
Byond Username: Winterseasalt

Post by winterseasalt » #718274

warbluke wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:59 pm Have you tried playing other servers/games? I find that CIV13 and all the CM spinoffs do a good job of cleansing a palate.
i played picayune dreams recently but i beat it so ive been just playing ss13 now, i probably should do other things
dendydoom wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:07 pm i'm glad you're enjoying the game.

escapism can be a lot of help to people - it was to me when i first came back here. but for every person i've seen it help, i've also seen it pull someone in and absorb them in an entirely new set of problems that now exist within this fantasy world. the way we express ourselves and the people we meet are real, but ultimately we are participating in something purely fictional. people can and often do lose sight of that, unfortunately.

as long as you're looking after yourself and not simply swapping earth problems for ss13 ones, then i wish you all the best.

in other words: sit up straight, take the cups out your room, brush your hair and get an actual night of sleep!
lol luckily im the kind of person who reuses the same cup repeatedly
ive basically used the internet in general as escapism for a really long time and dont participate in real life very much
hopefully this will change whenever i get a job
Timonk wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:19 pmnerd
correct!!!
Imageyou will eat zunda at the end of the worldImage
► Show Spoiler
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #718280

winterseasalt wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:38 pm i spend stupidly long hours on tg everyday and i even dream of it and i think of my characters extremely often
my main character (ani myu) is extremely goofy and can be taken as a joke but for some reason in my mind i think of her kind of deeply and doodle her often
any advice on how to cure this mental illness please thank you
only answer is to get involved with irl stuff and make an effort to dedicate less time to ss13 stuff.

short of being responsible, though, id say harness that creative energy. lots of thought creates an indepth character, i say bring them to life somehow!