What Good comes from polcon?

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

What Good comes from polcon?

Post by EmpressMaia » #718663

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=35610

Genuine question. I only see grief originate from that channel
EmpressMaia

Re: What Good comes from polcon?

Post by EmpressMaia » #718664

Also having your pronouns being set to "suicide" REALLY DOES SEEM TRANSPHOBIC IN NATURE
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #718665

joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #718667

NOOOO
BonChoi
Byond Username: BonChoi

Post by BonChoi » #718674

EmpressMaia wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 6:10 pm Also having your pronouns being set to "suicide" REALLY DOES SEEM TRANSPHOBIC IN NATURE
I mean if you look at it like that that's their pronouns but I see all sorts of people use that field as just another one to put goofy shit into all the time. If they put something other than their pronouns in it are they transphobic too?

I get it, according to studies trans people are at a higher risk of suicide than other people, but I think that saying it's "oooohhh transphobic!!!!" to have the word suicide in your pronouns section of your bio is a bit of a stretch unless that person's other behavior conveys themselves to think and act in that manner.
Another bad take provided by yours truly.

Istoprocent1 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:36 pm Baseless claims. I have been to the vault minimum of 38 times, how many suicides?
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #718675

BonChoi wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:51 pm
EmpressMaia wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 6:10 pm Also having your pronouns being set to "suicide" REALLY DOES SEEM TRANSPHOBIC IN NATURE
I mean if you look at it like that that's their pronouns but I see all sorts of people use that field as just another one to put goofy shit into all the time. If they put something other than their pronouns in it are they transphobic too?

I get it, according to studies trans people are at a higher risk of suicide than other people, but I think that saying it's "oooohhh transphobic!!!!" to have the word suicide in your pronouns section of your bio is a bit of a stretch unless that person's other behavior conveys themselves to think and act in that manner.
It's not a stretch, it's just not something that I would point at and immediately consider transphobic without other indicators. If someone was completely respectful otherwise and just had that in their profile I'd think it weird but not indicative of an issue. If someone was throwing up other red flags, it would be a concern.

That being said, posting in Polcon is a red flag.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Justice12354
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Justice12354

Post by Justice12354 » #718685

I use polcon to sort out my love interests. I send them all in there and see how they interact. If they type more than 3 messages, they're disqualified
Spoiler:
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #718686

Justice12354 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:12 am I use polcon to sort out my love interests. I send them all in there and see how they interact. If they type more than 3 messages, they're disqualified
I got banned for getting too spicy in there what does that make me for you
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #718689

Justice12354 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:12 am I use polcon to sort out my love interests. I send them all in there and see how they interact. If they type more than 3 messages, they're disqualified
Based.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Justice12354
In-Game Admin

Post by Justice12354 » #718693

Timonk wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:04 am
You are not on my love interests list to begin with. But, if you managed to get banned for getting too spicy under 3 message, I'd probably marry you
Spoiler:
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #718706

Justice12354 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:40 am
You are not on my love interests list to begin with. But, if you managed to get banned for getting too spicy under 3 message, I'd probably marry you
I have far over a thousand messages in there
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #718708

Polcon is an oubliette. Let them rot in there.
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Kieth4

Post by kieth4 » #718710

Polcon is cool, has some cool people pretty cool place. People get banned from tg gen too it doesn't make it bad.
Fr
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #718712

kieth4 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:39 am Polcon is cool, has some cool people pretty cool place. People get banned from tg gen too it doesn't make it bad.
Fr
no
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
winterseasalt
Byond Username: Winterseasalt

Post by winterseasalt » #718713

i am of the opinion political channels are always a bad idea because people become rabid animals
Imageyou will eat zunda at the end of the worldImage
► Show Spoiler
Togopal
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Togopal

Post by Togopal » #718714

EmpressMaia wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 6:07 pm viewtopic.php?f=7&t=35610

I skipped through a bunch of posts but I found this posted in the channel earlier today https://vxtwitter.com/skylinescotty/sta ... 6607454707

Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #718716

Togopal wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:41 pm

I skipped through a bunch of posts but I found this posted in the channel earlier today https://vxtwitter.com/skylinescotty/sta ... 6607454707
that was posted LITTERALY A HOUR BEFORE THAT POST when polcon is dead you didnt even SKIM
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Justice12354
In-Game Admin

Post by Justice12354 » #718717

Timonk wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:03 am
Please stay away from my kids
Spoiler:
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #718719

Justice12354 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:46 pm
Timonk wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:03 am
Please stay away from my kids
lies you cant have kids no one in ss13 got laid
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #718720

I believe its a host requirement that if polcon didnt exist then polcon posting would have to be legal in every channel

But also its silly to form an opinion on something if all you have seen from there is appeals from people banned from it
Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #718721

walter white crying on the floor gif, with my pfp over it.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #718722

me saving gupta from polcon
Last edited by TheLoLSwat on Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Togopal
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Togopal

Post by Togopal » #718723

Jonathan Gupta wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:13 pm
Togopal wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:41 pm

that was posted LITTERALY A HOUR BEFORE THAT POST when polcon is dead you didnt even SKIM
Maybe polcon is good after all if it only has quality posts like this

Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #718727

If you don't love yourself, what foundations can you build on?
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #718728

polcon is shitposts 2 and i like some of the people there
its good for slower conversations
respect (let him do his thing)
Justice12354
In-Game Admin

Post by Justice12354 » #718735

Not-Dorsidarf wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:20 pm
If you don't love yourself, what foundations can you build on?
Stop stalking me
Spoiler:
technokek
Byond Username: Technokek

Post by technokek » #718738

Obligatory post in my own peanut
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #718755

drama and therefore forum content.
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #718758

It tells me who to not be in a VC with.
Hugs
Scriptis
Byond Username: Scriptis

Post by Scriptis » #718771

conrad wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:19 pm
kieth4 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:39 am Polcon is cool, has some cool people pretty cool place. People get banned from tg gen too it doesn't make it bad.
Fr
no
seconded
Spoiler:

dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #718780

what good comes from discussing polcon? *smug face*
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #718782

Ur not locking it buddy not if you don't want PROBLEMS WITH ME.
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #718783

dendydoom wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:41 am what good comes from discussing polcon? *smug face*
what good comes from discussing discussing what good comes from discussing polcon? *smugger face*
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #718784

conrad wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:45 pm
dendydoom wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:41 am what good comes from discussing polcon? *smug face*
what good comes from discussing discussing what good comes from discussing polcon? *smugger face*
Why dont you both post in the gupta corner at the same time, so I can use domain expansion
Living God

Extraordinary Person

BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #718785

Polcon is where you are teleported to when Thanos snaps his fingers.

Is this particularly funny or witty? Debatable. Does this even make sense? Not necessarily. But so is all of Polcon, so bite me.

With political regards
-BONERMASTER
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #718786

BONERMASTERS BACK!!!
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #718791

Hi!
Dont mind me, I'm flickering in and out of existence, it's just one of those phases.

With momentary regards
-BONERMASTER
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information