Thread Revisiting [boomer bingo night]

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Thread Revisiting [boomer bingo night]

Post by EmpressMaia » #719031

hey i was chatting with a TG player today when they mentioned that someone they knew played NoX station some years ago, and this led me to finding this thread after searching for whatever the hell Nox station was

viewtopic.php?t=17391

what memories do the elders here have of this server? it seems its creator jetboom was quite innovative
its crazy to see names i recognize in this thread, you guys have really been here forever
EmpressMaia

Re: Thread Revisiting [boomer bingo night]

Post by EmpressMaia » #719086

This thread is really good you guys just have bad taste
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #719089

i have a weird history with gmod. mapping for hl2 mods was one of my first real forays into really putting some effort into making stuff for video games. the vibe of hl2 felt so "mature" at the time that it made me feel like i was stepping into a mysterious, high-brow and very adult world. shooters before this were very bombastic and visceral, hl2 felt much more muted and cerebral. its sinister themes were not set to hard hitting metal riffs and dual wielding shotguns, it was a slow, meticulous crawl through decaying urban environments, only intermittently broken up with some eerie aphex twins style backing tracks.

then gmod came along and it was all thrown in the trash. we had the emergence of goofy machinima and everyone and their dog had their own comic series called "kleiner the mingebag" or something. it's a very fun game though! the first time i funked around with lua was on gmod and it's a really cool way to get into making those kinda gamemodes. but i do have this very distinct memory of trying darkrp for the first time, possibly around 2012 or so, and literally thinking "i've played this sort of role-based rp game before, it's called ss13 and it's way better!"
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
DrAmazing343
Byond Username: DrAmazing343

Post by DrAmazing343 » #719094

EmpressMaia wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:20 pm This thread is really good you guys just have bad taste
I'm sorry maia I played the raft wars ttt and sandbox gamemodes, played ZS all of like once
Walter brought back Crack.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #719095

EmpressMaia wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:55 pm hey i was chatting with a TG player today when they mentioned that someone they knew played NoX station some years ago, and this led me to finding this thread after searching for whatever the hell Nox station was

viewtopic.php?t=17391

what memories do the elders here have of this server? it seems its creator jetboom was quite innovative
its crazy to see names i recognize in this thread, you guys have really been here forever
*immediately launches into hearthstone babble in that thread*
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #719097

this server first attracted my attention a year or two after it closed because MoistCritikal put out a 25.000$ bounty for anyone that could find his old videos and i did some data diving and found out that he may have been active on the forums way back then. i tried to check the forum archive, but sadly it was down. i then attempted to email William, the guy behind the forums and this led to this email exchange:
distrought from the lack of a coherent response, i gave up my search, after checking the wayback machine for any remaining videos.
In conclusion:
Fuck you William that was way too lucrative and interesting to pass up
MoistCritikal was almost definitely aware of ss13 and may have played it
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #719098

if anyone can tell me what happened to the bounty i would be very interested
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #719101

dendydoom wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:47 pm i have a weird history with gmod. mapping for hl2 mods was one of my first real forays into really putting some effort into making stuff for video games. the vibe of hl2 felt so "mature" at the time that it made me feel like i was stepping into a mysterious, high-brow and very adult world. shooters before this were very bombastic and visceral, hl2 felt much more muted and cerebral. its sinister themes were not set to hard hitting metal riffs and dual wielding shotguns, it was a slow, meticulous crawl through decaying urban environments, only intermittently broken up with some eerie aphex twins style backing tracks.

then gmod came along and it was all thrown in the trash. we had the emergence of goofy machinima and everyone and their dog had their own comic series called "kleiner the mingebag" or something. it's a very fun game though! the first time i funked around with lua was on gmod and it's a really cool way to get into making those kinda gamemodes. but i do have this very distinct memory of trying darkrp for the first time, possibly around 2012 or so, and literally thinking "i've played this sort of role-based rp game before, it's called ss13 and it's way better!"
i spent way too much time on Gmod darkRP and militaryRP servers in my preteens
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #719111

noxnet is nothing compared to dk25
EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #719123

oranges wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:06 pm noxnet is nothing compared to dk25
What is dk25
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #719135

Timonk wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:26 pm MoistCritikal was almost definitely aware of ss13 and may have played it
pretty sure he talked about it on his podcast one time but didnt indicate any awareness of what was actually happening just anecdotes of people fucking with furry servers
respect (let him do his thing)
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #719137

EmpressMaia wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:55 pm its crazy to see names i recognize in this thread, you guys have really been here forever
Fuck I was in that thread.
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #719138

fun fact this thread was before i started playing (maybe, may have been on goon exactly once before that)
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #719140

Nabski wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 3:46 pm
EmpressMaia wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:55 pm its crazy to see names i recognize in this thread, you guys have really been here forever
Don't just empty post!!!! Tell me what you remember about the noxnet server and your memories!!!!
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #719141

EmpressMaia wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:20 pm
Nabski wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 3:46 pm
Don't just empty post!!!! Tell me what you remember about the noxnet server and your memories!!!!
That's the funny bit. I didn't remember anything about it. I never played on it. I was just seeing other people post about it on that one website that I think gets autocensored.

I think I was riffing on Arm because at the time he was posting almost entirely in hearthstone quotes.
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #719149

Nabski wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:27 pm I think I was riffing on Arm because at the time he was posting almost entirely in hearthstone quotes.
this is the most arm shit i've ever heard
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW: