sever tribalism: the thread

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

sever tribalism: the thread

Post by EmpressMaia » #719620

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=35666

dudes real mad he cant unga bunga in an RP game
warbluke
Byond Username: Warbluke

Re: sever tribalism: the thread

Post by warbluke » #719625

BAGIL NUMBER ONE SYBIL NUMBER ZERO FUCK MANUEL FUCK TERRY FUCK CAMPBELL
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #719626

BAGIL NUMBER ONE
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #719637

LRP stands for Lots of RP
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #719638

SYBIL >> Bagil >>> Terry/Manuel depending on the day
warbluke

Post by warbluke » #719640

TheLoLSwat wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:41 am SYBIL >> Bagil >>> Terry/Manuel depending on the day
You're just saying that because you couldn't handle the power of Bagil.
BAGIL NUMBER ONE FOREVER SYBIL DEAD SERVER.
zxaber
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Zxaber

Post by zxaber » #719641

I miss bagil having a population. Maybe one day bagil and sybil will flip again.
Douglas Bickerson / Adaptive Manipulator / Digital Clockwork
OrdoM/(Viktor Bergmannsen) (ghost) "Also Douglas, you're becoming the Lexia Black of Robotics"
saprasam
Byond Username: Saprasam

Post by saprasam » #719642

you can kill people for entering the bridge though
thats how its been for as long as my memory serves, at least
(FORMER) tgmc admin (I HAVE REGAINED MY HUMAN RIGHTS)
itsswagga
Byond Username: Swaggaboy112

Post by itsswagga » #719644

Cheshify #719593

Oh ok it's the time of the year people are making baseless accusations and grand standing so they get internet popularity points. We're killing LRP by encouraging interactions! We're killing MRP by loosening antag restrictions! Considering what you've been quoted on saying before, I doubt this rant thread has any merit as policy.

The elections aren't even up yet, so save the fear mongering for later.
This is very weird, the thread was quite civil, and the quote he mentions is SEVEN FUCKING YEARS OLD. I truly hope for the sake of TG that we aren't judging people based on more than half a decade old posts. There's no shortage of old posts of admins using gay pejoratively, being transphobic, and saying the N word [hard R]
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #719645

itsswagga wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:38 am This is very weird, the thread was quite civil
It doesn't matter how civil it was, it's policy discussion. For discussing specific policy changes. A headmin platform is not a specific policy change.
itsswagga wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:38 amand the quote he mentions is SEVEN FUCKING YEARS OLD. I truly hope for the sake of TG that we aren't judging people based on more than half a decade old posts. There's no shortage of old posts of admins using gay pejoratively, being transphobic, and saying the N word [hard R]
You know what, fair enough. People can change their opinions. You may have been utterly opposed to RP in the past, but that doesn't mean you still want to lower the standard from LRP now that 7 years have passed. Maybe you've come around since.

Anyways, here's the exact same opinion but just from a little over a month ago.
itsswagga wrote:Terry, like Sybil and Bagil is LRP. But anyone who has played on Terry knows that it's much closer to NRP. People openly say OOC in IC stuff like "round about to end" or "it's revs" or saying "X BAD" to signal the mob to validhunt the antag.

AFAIK nobody gets banned for this, some people may get warnings depending on if a Manuel admin is there but the regular admins don't really police this stuff.

Rather than wasting admin time enforcing LRP on Terry, embrace the culture and declare it NRP, like Goon 1. Where you can say "my game is frozen" on Common Radio. This frees up admin time to actually deal with proper rule breakers who ruin the game, and gives them time to run events.

All Terry players already know that if they want to RP they go to Manuel or Paradise or whatever, none of the players complain about the culture, and most admins let it fly. Terry RP consists of running around and spam pointing people and spam pointing at airlocks.

A consequence of this is that the word filter on Terry should be removed. So you should we able to say "np", "pls", "thx", et cetera.
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
itsswagga
Byond Username: Swaggaboy112

Post by itsswagga » #719648

Preferring that a basically NRP server be officially declared NRP is not problematic at all. It frees up admin time and alleviates any confusion with the rules, i.e. players wondering why X dude said Y 100 times, but they got bwoinked for saying it once.

I have played on HRP servers like Bay and Aurora, I know what RP is. It's something natural, you can't force it, which is why I am heavily against the MRP-oriented shift that is happening across TG.
TG doesn't even have respawn enabled, LOOC, or cryodorms. To me the MRP shift seems borne out of less of a love of RP, and more of a way to spite and "get back at" the dreaded "shitters"
DrAmazing343
Byond Username: DrAmazing343

Post by DrAmazing343 » #719649

I played bagil back in 2017 but I still call sybil my ancestral homeland instead of basil. Isn't that fucked up?

I need to truly return to Bagil one of these days just to build a megaproject sometime.
Walter brought back Crack.
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

Post by TheRex9001 » #719656

Bagil is like campbell if it didnt have megaprojects
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Kieth4

Post by kieth4 » #719662

itsswagga wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:38 am
Cheshify #719593

Oh ok it's the time of the year people are making baseless accusations and grand standing so they get internet popularity points. We're killing LRP by encouraging interactions! We're killing MRP by loosening antag restrictions! Considering what you've been quoted on saying before, I doubt this rant thread has any merit as policy.

The elections aren't even up yet, so save the fear mongering for later.
This is very weird, the thread was quite civil, and the quote he mentions is SEVEN FUCKING YEARS OLD. I truly hope for the sake of TG that we aren't judging people based on more than half a decade old posts. There's no shortage of old posts of admins using gay pejoratively, being transphobic, and saying the N word [hard R]
No way 7 fucking years??? Say sike, they found a quote of him saying slurs 7 years ago to make him sound worse instead of picking a more modern quote and running with it? Say sike man surely that can not be the case

Edir: like there's even a modern quote in this thread man, can you link to the og quote because I'm struggling to believe that people acted that bad faith
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #719663

its kill or be killed on the LRP servers, survival of the fittest. either you toe the line on valid or you get toes shoved in your mouth.
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #719664

itsswagga wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:37 am Preferring that a basically NRP server be officially declared NRP is not problematic at all. It frees up admin time and alleviates any confusion with the rules, i.e. players wondering why X dude said Y 100 times, but they got bwoinked for saying it once.

I have played on HRP servers like Bay and Aurora, I know what RP is. It's something natural, you can't force it, which is why I am heavily against the MRP-oriented shift that is happening across TG.
TG doesn't even have respawn enabled, LOOC, or cryodorms. To me the MRP shift seems borne out of less of a love of RP, and more of a way to spite and "get back at" the dreaded "shitters"
The "confusion with the rules" is because nobody really bothers to ahelp it.

And the amount of admin time "wasted" handling NRP things is little
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #719665

kieth4 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:48 am No way 7 fucking years??? Say sike, they found a quote of him saying slurs 7 years ago to make him sound worse instead of picking a more modern quote and running with it? Say sike man surely that can not be the case

Edir: like there's even a modern quote in this thread man, can you link to the og quote because I'm struggling to believe that people acted that bad faith
You say "found" like there was a mountain of history to dig through. There's a single page of results. And I just assumed it was picked because it seemed to best communicate being utterly opposed to RP, It's pretty tame if it was picked for the other part of it. Something that happened 7 years ago is also kinda relevant if part of the argument is that they are a veteran player who is witnessing the downfall of LRP from the pinnacle it once was.
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin

Post by kieth4 » #719667

NoxVS wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:43 am
kieth4 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:48 am No way 7 fucking years??? Say sike, they found a quote of him saying slurs 7 years ago to make him sound worse instead of picking a more modern quote and running with it? Say sike man surely that can not be the case

You say "found" like there was a mountain of history to dig through. There's a single page of results. And I just assumed it was picked because it seemed to best communicate being utterly opposed to RP, It's pretty tame if it was picked for the other part of it. Something that happened 7 years ago is also kinda relevant if part of the argument is that they are a veteran player who is witnessing the downfall of LRP from the pinnacle it once was.
He has more recent posts that communicate his ideas better though? Why are we dredging something up from 7 years ago and not 2023 which is way more recent?

It was posted solely to clown on the guy with no discussion around it.

Why not engage with some of his more recent posts/comments as opposed to looking @ 7 years ago?
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #719672

i don't care to comment on people's post history but i doubt you will find anyone in any decision making role at any level of the project that supports terry being nrp.

the only realistic route i can see to achieving this is to get someone who wants this as headmin but they will likely spend 6 months of their life fending off the other 2 headmins, every gamemaster, every maintainer and every admin telling them that it's a terrible idea all hours of the day.

you have a much better shot of compromising and codifying what you want out of lrp through actionable policy - "it's okay to use OOC terms in IC when discussing game mechanics" etc etc etc etc until you have a ruleset that creates the environment you want to see. then you will have to convince every admin to enforce it the way you want it to be enforced, and hover over bans and discussions like a spectre ready to jump in and fight your corner, because a lot of people are going to be balking at it because it's not a good idea.

but the start of this will be elaborating on what changes you actually want specifically - rather than asking for whatever 2016 version of sybil you miss back again. appealing to some puritanical ideal of lrp romanitas is not constructive in any sense.

this is not a "go make your own server" shittalk but i genuinely think you would have a much easier time just putting up your own tg server, pinging all your nrp friends and playing together with no rules. it would be a lot easier than convincing an entire community to shift their culture into allowing you to put "sussy amogus" as the shuttle call reason.
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #719674

dendydoom wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:11 pm this is not a "go make your own server" shittalk but i genuinely think you would have a much easier time just putting up your own tg server, pinging all your nrp friends and playing together with no rules. it would be a lot easier than convincing an entire community to shift their culture into allowing you to put "sussy amogus" as the shuttle call reason.
basically this, and im gonna point out that servers that can handle byond in the eu are much cheaper so there really is no excuse for people in the eu to not have more forks and servers to cater to what they want.

what's 120 dollars in the us is 50 in the eu. what's 180 in the us is 90 in the eu. not only that, but the barrier to entry has gotten much fucking lower with byond supporting multithreaded client processing.

that being said, i do think part of why there aren't as many eu servers comes down to eu's affinity with nrp. it turns out it fucking sucks to play in that kind of environment and the forks i've seen pop up over the years tend to overcorrect for /tg/'s barebones level of rules and pitter out, if anybody wanted to go this route, its something to keep in mind.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #719679

BAGIL NUMBER ONE SYBIL NUMBER ZERO FUCK MANUEL FUCK TERRY FUCK CAMPBELL
► Show Spoiler
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #719681

BAGIL IS OKAY I GUESS I DUNNO I DON'T PLAY LOWPOP SYBIL JUST WASN'T MY CUP OF TEA WHEN I PLAYED IT A FEW TIMES I QUITE ENJOY MANUEL BUT IT ISN'T PERFECT AND TERRY IS A LITTLE TOO CHAOTIC FOR MY TASTES
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #719684

NRP advocates suck, having a dedicated server would just attract people we don't want and overall be a behavioral sink (misusing this term btw). Also I can't help but roll my eyes when people take issue with the bare minimum of not using OOC concepts in game. That being said, the bar for "LRP" (pardon my use) has absolutely been raised across this term (and maybe last couple, wasn't really paying attention then). Personally a fan of that but it's fair not to be 🤷‍♂️. I very much like operating around the foundation of valid IC reasoning as both an admin and a player, it keeps things really simple and allows you to cut through overly complicated nonsense like escalation and what not.
Sightld2
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Sightld2

Post by Sightld2 » #719687

image_2024-01-31_094756865.png
I think you'll find based on this graph that Manuel is clearly the target audience for an NRP server and would be a far more suitable candidate than Terry

DrAmazing343

Post by DrAmazing343 » #719695

Sightld2 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:48 pm image_2024-01-31_094756865.png

I think you'll find based on this graph that Manuel is clearly the target audience for an NRP server and would be a far more suitable candidate than Terry
:roll: :o ERMMM ACTUALLY :geek: THAT'S A CIRCUIT WIRED TO NO CKEY, AND ERMMM :ugeek: IF YOU HAD READ THE ERMMM DOCUMENT THAT CAME WITH THAT THEN UHHH :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: YOU WOULD HAVE SEEN WE'RE LIKE THIRD PLACE
DrAmazing343

Post by DrAmazing343 » #719696

/srs it's funny as SHIT that manny technically has top spot there, I remember my fucking jaw dropping seeing the graph and audibly going "What the fuck?"
warbluke

Post by warbluke » #719697

I was looking at the mainpage just now and I saw this for a few seconds.
What the fuck.
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin

Post by dendydoom » #719698

warbluke wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:06 pm I was looking at the mainpage just now and I saw this for a few seconds.

What the fuck.
haha, you're just seeing things my friend.

code red, code red, he knows.
NSFW:
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #719702

warbluke wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:06 pm I was looking at the mainpage just now and I saw this for a few seconds.
What the fuck.

There are forces byond our control at work.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #719719

boxstation number 1
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #719721

also, 2016 player showing up to tell us what the "server culture is" bingo thread.

back 2 hippie noob
Justice12354
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Justice12354

Post by Justice12354 » #719731

What the fuck.
WHAT?!! THIS DOES NOT FIT MY NARRATIVE!!!! TERRY GO BACK TO DEADPOP!!! TERRY DIE!!!!
Spoiler:
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
Higgin
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Higgin

Post by Higgin » #719734

Just got out of my Campbell goon cave what's going on in this thread
feedback appreciated here <3
DrAmazing343

Post by DrAmazing343 » #719736

Higgin wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:34 pm Just got out of my Campbell goon cave what's going on in this thread
You don't get to hear about the server tribalism until you show us your lit 130+ emitter reflector setup. I know how long you were in there, Engineering's main color ain't yellow anymore which means you MUST have cooked up something crazy for the SM.
Nabski

Post by Nabski » #719739

Oh I wanna see that. The most I have done is 64 before I got sick of making emitters and needed more diamonds for reflectors.
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #719771

oranges wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:24 pm also, 2016 player showing up to tell us what the "server culture is" bingo thread.

back 2 hippie noob
- 2010 player
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

Ezel
Byond Username: Improvedname

Post by Ezel » #719774

Nabski wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:41 pm BAGIL NUMBER ONE SYBIL NUMBER ZERO FUCK MANUEL FUCK TERRY FUCK CAMPBELL
► Show Spoiler
Before nameswitch or after?
The future is horrible!
Nabski

Post by Nabski » #719786

The should nameswitch it again. It'll be funny.
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin

Post by kieth4 » #719791

Maybe they should remove all other servers and buy a giga CPU for terry (the best server)
Sightld2
In-Game Admin

Post by Sightld2 » #719793

kieth4 wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:07 pm Maybe they should remove all other servers and buy a giga CPU for terry (the best server)
Giga server, but it's actually just the big four combined and you can take a tram between them.

PapaMichael
Byond Username: PapaMichael

Post by PapaMichael » #719794

as a manuelite, what are the differences in server culture between sybil and terry?
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #719797

Sightld2 wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:19 pm
kieth4 wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:07 pm Maybe they should remove all other servers and buy a giga CPU for terry (the best server)
Giga server, but it's actually just the big four combined and you can take a tram between them.
Then transform the server rules into local law.

"Sorry sir but you need to ask to enter engineering. We stay on our lane here" BAN
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin

Post by kieth4 » #719798

PapaMichael wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:21 pm as a manuelite, what are the differences in server culture between sybil and terry?
Tried to put it into words but it's hard. Play both and form your own judgement based on your experiences
Sightld2
In-Game Admin

Post by Sightld2 » #719799

The LRP servers are faster. In my experience.

kieth4
In-Game Head Admin

Post by kieth4 » #719803

Sightld2 wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:36 pm The LRP servers are faster. In my experience.
Mrp servers have more sucky players (like you)
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #719816

terrystation superserver
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #719818

sybil generally has more opportunity for RP in my experience than terry, on terry you cannot open your chat in combat because you will immediately be wall shove stunned and cable cuffed
EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #719819

also terry has so many escalation baiting shitheads its insane
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin

Post by dendydoom » #719821

there is not THAT much of a difference between the servers, just who plays on there. tribalism is meaningless. anyone who unironically espouses the importance of "culture" is referring to how their doomposting metacord likes to play and thinks things should be run.

sybil used to be the rp server until manuel stole them all. now it's a cross between an lrp server and a rotting old folks' home.

terry is terry. live fast and die hard. the "gamer" server. eu players who care about rp already play on manuel. eu players who don't care about rp go to terry for the ping. they're very sensitive about this reputation as hardcore, but a lot of them are pushovers. including this one guy called lukas who hangs around on there.
NSFW:
DrAmazing343

Post by DrAmazing343 » #719823

Sybil is simultaneously an old person's home and the landing pad for most new NA players.

You run into old legends that can't cut it anymore alongside the newest and baldest motherfuckers you've ever met.