HIGH RISK ITEMS: Carry or Vault?

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
DrAmazing343
Byond Username: DrAmazing343

HIGH RISK ITEMS: Carry or Vault?

Post by DrAmazing343 » #720331

hello little gay people in my 1940’s wall-mounted circular-dialling heavily outdated phone.

Today, we’re talking about HIGH RISK ITEMS AND YOU! Specifically, this one goes out to Head players, or players that otherwise interact with High Risk items.

The wiki defines a High Risk item as:
“…items that are often desired by traitors for themselves or as an objective for the Syndicate.“

Now, while this is a blanket term, there’s a lot of items that are VERY easily defined as High Risk, such as the Hypospray, Station Plans, or even the Compact Shotgun!

But what about items or mobs that are objectives, such as Runtime? How do we deal with them?

To get to the point in many words indeed, what do YOU do, as a Head, with your High Risk items?

Do you drag Runtime with you to the treatment floor and keep the Hypo on your person? Do you drop shutters and lock up the Hypo in your office?

Do you hand out your Compact Shotgun to your favorite officer, or let Lia keep hold of it?

Are the Station Plans left to gather dust, or will you force the wicked traitor to confront you at gunpoint because you can’t let your beloved Plans go?

I think all of these are valid options, but I love carrying all the “objectives” on me as a head. More interactions are good, and sometimes, even getting black-bagged brings much-needed excitement to a round where otherwise I’d come back to my office to my locker busted or missing, and another silent greentext taken.

How do you handle your High Risk items? What do you define them as?
Walter brought back Crack.
Constellado
Byond Username: Constellado

Re: HIGH RISK ITEMS: Carry or Vault?

Post by Constellado » #720333

If I don't use em, I don't touch em.

Ain't going to risk getting bwoinked for power gaming.

If I hear a peep of somebody wanting to steal it I tend to move it somewhere else hidden but still possible for them to get, the just have to search.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #720335

i try to look after my pet when i'm head. though this commitment varies with the actual job. i think it's just better to RP it this way; as a traitor killing runtime and only getting owned for it because it makes you valid rather than "that was my cat fuck you" felt kinda weak.

if i'm the hop i'll take ian with me because he's my favourite and dogs get sad when you leave them alone. runtime is probably living his best life alone in the CMO's office.

for actual items it depends on how important they are and how much i personally want them. if i have no use for them i'll even give them away because why not, but if someone tries to steal them then i will act pissed.

a lot of these things can just be central props for improv. if you go along and pretend something is a big deal because someone tried to steal it or fuck with it, it's funny.
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #720336

depends on what head of staff im playing

CE: defend poly with your life and stash your blueprints somewhere because they literally have no fucking use
CMO: keep the hypo on you since its your speshal guy tool, dont care too much about runtime because your department full of blood thirsty catgirls and moths will probably beat them to death without you having to raise a finger
HOS: load whoever dares touching your sacred office with rubber shot
Captain: if someone trys to steal from my office and im captain i apprehend them or ask security to apprehend them, and they are publically humiliated to the crew
RD: all RDs are power gamers idk
DrAmazing343

Post by DrAmazing343 » #720338

I’ve never seen Runtime hiss a day in her life so I choose to believe she loves watching the chaos of Medbay treatment. The only wrong way to treat the poor girl is to bag her all day even though it’s funny as shit to be talking to CMO and suddenly out of their bag rumbles a “M’rawww!”

I’ll also give out my items if people give me sufficient IC reasoning (anything other than NRP hnnnrnrmmmgh I NEED it.,,)

Also, protect Poly at all costs. I put her on public comms when I can because I love that bird and hearing her repeat lines.
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #720342

NSFW:
the highest honour
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
MooCow12
Byond Username: MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #720347

EmpressMaia wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:13 pm depends on what head of staff im playing

CE: defend poly with your life and stash your blueprints somewhere because they literally have no fucking use
I cry when i cant easily get blueprints on tram station because c*ders made it so i cant build and power my own rooms without them (trying to claim rooms without blueprints doesnt work in tram asteroid anymore)

blueprints are powerful on tram because you can turn all of that breathable asteroid space into new rooms.
List of my favorite TG Staff.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
cSeal wrote: TLDR suck my nuts you bald bitch
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #720351

yea going too hard to defend your high risk items will lead to a bwoink so you shouldnt touch it unless youre carrying it with you, same with your pets
DrAmazing343

Post by DrAmazing343 » #720353

I created this post after having several rounds worth of trouble trying to do literally anything with creating new rooms, so can confirm, cry when can't get blueprints. I love expanding the station or building INTO station asteroid because that fucking OWNZONES
xzero314
Byond Username: Xzero314

Post by xzero314 » #720354

Usually I carry all of the unique items on me. It invites something interesting happening to you if somebody needs to go after you for it. I Remember one time I was Captain and the Psychologist asked me to come in for a psych eval. Half way through it they pulled a Makarov and held me up for my medal of captaincy.

I like to leave runtime out in the main med bay lobby for everybody, usually the med staff will toss out anybody that tries to take them.

As Hos I will hand the Compact to the warden sometimes though since its fun to share cool stuff.

I wouldn't just hand over a pet to somebody who obviously just wants it for an objective but I also would not go crying to sec after saying no either.
ImageImageImageImage
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #720357

dendydoom wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:30 pm
NSFW:
the highest honour
► Show Spoiler
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Justice12354
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Justice12354

Post by Justice12354 » #720358

DrAmazing343 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:50 pm Do you drag Runtime with you to the treatment floor and keep the Hypo on your person? Do you drop shutters and lock up the Hypo in your office?
When I'm the CMO (or MD if the CMO is useless), I always keep Runtime on me, but that's more of a cultural thing. We all know the MedFucks LOVE Runtime with their hearts. As for the Hypo, yeah, I usually bring it with me in case I wanna powergame with it 8-)
Spoiler:
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
SkeletalElite
Byond Username: SkeletalElite
Github Username: SkeletalElite

Post by SkeletalElite » #720361

If its useful I keep it on me otherwise it stays in the locker. As HoS the compact shotgun usually stays in the locker but Ill give it to an officer if they ask.
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #720362

carry them 100% of the time because unless its indestructible, a tider will loot it and i have actual rule protections from being killed and looted for no reason (unlike things like the vault on LRP)
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #720365

I will kill poly myself as CE fuck that stupid bird
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #720366

Otherwise ian and mcgriff are not leaving my hands. Cats are low maintenance im letting runtime into maint. Not touching cap laser, blueprints, reactive armor OR HOS trenchcoat (they do NOT look good).
snailomi
Byond Username: Snailomi

Post by snailomi » #720368

For me, it usually depends on the job and item!
Generally though, if I care for the pets depends on which character I play (though poly can always go fuck itself in a way of I will not care if it dies; that fucker picks up items and moves them around and I have an issue with when things in my workplace are a mess) and I often keep items in storage until I use them unless theres a good reason to keep them around. What is probably worth noting since I dont see others do it often, I like to put a lot of items BACK that you normally wouldn't, examples being advanced magboots or advanced modsuit. I always keep the station blueprints on me though, they are very useful since I love my station objectives and they are useful for repairs after a bombing even if the opportunity to use it is rare. i have no problem lending it to anyone with a proper reason though, of course!
I like snails
Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #720371

The only pet I will protect is poly, I dont care about any other.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

DrAmazing343

Post by DrAmazing343 » #720373

The divisiveness on Poly is funny, but worrying about a Bwoink caring about any High Risk item as a head with the exception of the Ablative Trenchcoat (even on MRP!) to me is crazy. I carry all my stuff on me, pretty much.
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Kieth4

Post by kieth4 » #720377

Captains laser on my armour & his Id in my pda ,telebaton on my belt ,tele in my pocket, magboots on my feet, ce insuls on my hand, tele armour on my chest, hypo spray in the trash because the cmo has no good loot

Anything not mentioned has no value to the loot economy
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #720378

Ian comes with me when I decide I wanna do an inspection because having him follow you is very cute
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Post by ekaterina » #720382

If it's an item I plan to actually use, I keep it on me. If it's not, I just leave it in the locker or whatever.
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #720404

wesoda25 wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 5:06 am I will kill poly myself as CE fuck that stupid bird
if you kill poly i will pretend to be IC mad and kill you back because i can. tread lightly heathen.
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #720415

Somewhat related but whenever I play cargo tech I just accept that eventually a progtot paramedic will come running in scooping up Paperwork, or I'll come back and the orm is unwrenched and Paperwork is gone.

Kill pet objectives are lame because they happen so often no one cares anymore.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
Scriptis
Byond Username: Scriptis

Post by Scriptis » #720416

wesoda25 wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 5:06 am I will kill poly myself as CE fuck that stupid bird
you suck give poly the loud headset and hide her somewhere and then pet her like 4000 times
Spoiler:

WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #720417

As a CE yeah fuck Poly.
As a CMO I don't care about Runtime.

I would blow up the station before I let anyone scratch Ian.
Scriptis
Byond Username: Scriptis

Post by Scriptis » #720418

this thread is making me move people down the tier list. hating poly is an instant F tier WHAT DID SHE DO TO YOU
Spoiler:

Timonk

Post by Timonk » #720419

Scriptis wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 7:47 pm
you suck give poly the loud headset and hide her somewhere and then pet her like 4000 times
fun fact if you give poly crackers she says stuff more often
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

britgrenadier1
Byond Username: Britgrenadier1

Post by britgrenadier1 » #720443

always carry runtime in my bag as cmo because cat. Same with the QM sloth. We should add a sprite for their head to poke out of your backpack when carrying them
I play Culls-The-Leviathan and Chris O' Riley. Primarily on Manny

conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #720446

britgrenadier1 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:46 pm always carry runtime in my bag as cmo because cat. Same with the QM sloth. We should add a sprite for their head to poke out of your backpack when carrying them
You mean you should add a sprite for their head to poke out of your backpack when carrying them

I expect it to be done by the end of the week.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #720447

britgrenadier1 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:46 pm always carry runtime in my bag as cmo because cat. Same with the QM sloth. We should add a sprite for their head to poke out of your backpack when carrying them
Don't pets die in your bag
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Post by ekaterina » #720449

Timonk wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:29 pm
Don't pets die in your bag
They can, but they don't always do.
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
stairmaster
Byond Username: Stairmaster

Post by stairmaster » #720462

I like to tuck the disk into bed.
DrAmazing343

Post by DrAmazing343 » #720476

YOU have been visited by the SPIRIT OF SLEEPY DISKIES PAST.
Tuck your disky in right now for 1863629 NIGHTS GOOD SLEEP!
Send this message to your friends and type “Sleep Tight Disky!” for 18261992 MORE nights of well rested slumber!
Higgin
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Higgin

Post by Higgin » #720483

most of the petkilling and theft objectives are dumb if you think about "why does the syndicate even want this" for more than a second

but they're functional as RP prompts and an excuse for people to stick their necks out and fuck around in areas they wouldn't otherwise
feedback appreciated here <3
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #720514

Higgin wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:55 pm most of the petkilling and theft objectives are dumb if you think about "why does the syndicate even want this" for more than a second

but they're functional as RP prompts and an excuse for people to stick their necks out and fuck around in areas they wouldn't otherwise
The syndicate want you to ask yourself "who would do that?"
It is supposed to sow dissent in the crew
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

DrAmazing343

Post by DrAmazing343 » #720524

The Syndies want people to stop their work and start killing their coworkers, and honestly? It kinda works, both IC and OOC. That's fun worldbuilding.
Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #720535

DrAmazing343 wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:17 am The Syndies want people to stop their work and start killing their coworkers, and honestly? It kinda works, both IC and OOC. That's fun worldbuilding.
I must be gods strongest syndicate non agent whos helping the syndicate
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Drag
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thedragmeme

Post by Drag » #720551

I don't care WHO you are if you kill Runtime you are the problem
scamoppi
Byond Username: Noahyoshi

Post by scamoppi » #720571

i keep Ian in me bag or hands whenever i leave me office because there have been scallywags who'd wordlessly kill him and run if given the slightest opportunity even before he be an objective
can't even take me dog for a proper walk
𓆏 ribbit... (nothing to see here...)