This thread has no context whatsoever

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Drag
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thedragmeme

This thread has no context whatsoever

Post by Drag » #720502

viewtopic.php?p=720497

"My note reason isn't inaccurate but I still don't like it :("

This appeal is stupid, Maia should know the two reasons we edit notes by the point with their involvement in TG and playtime.

Edit: There's no "justifiably" breaking the rules, you broke the rules and got noted for it
Last edited by Drag on Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Re: This thread has no context whatsoever

Post by EmpressMaia » #720503

Love you too pookie
Drag
In-Game Admin

Post by Drag » #720507

Okay, I wasn't going to say anything else because I'm not looking for a fight, but trying to justify your behavior by medication or lack there of is very shitty and it fails to allow you to take accountability. Don't do it.

Speaking from personal experience I know for a fact your lack of medication didn't force you to type out what you did.
EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #720509

Drag wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:12 am Okay, I wasn't going to say anything else because I'm not looking for a fight, but trying to justify your behavior by medication or lack there of is very shitty and it fails to allow you to take accountability. Don't do it.

Speaking from personal experience I know for a fact your lack of medication didn't force you to type out what you did.
No it didn't. I'm not blaming my actions on a fucki pill man. I am however saying that I get out of wack and moody when not on my meds
EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #720510

ALSO LMAAAO NOT LOOKIJG TO PICK A FIGHT??

"seriously, go fuck yourself maia"
NewtypeWoman
Byond Username: NewtypeWoman

Post by NewtypeWoman » #720516

peanuts should be for when someone is wildly out of pocket not just grumpy about something minor. sucks to post this thread over a minor irk with a player when you're an admin. i'm sure you have admin channels to complain in, so do that instead.
Sightld2
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Sightld2

Post by Sightld2 » #720517

NewtypeWoman wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:28 am i'm sure you have admin channels to complain in, so do that instead.
I think both are distasteful. I don't think admin channels should be used to bad mouth people either.

NewtypeWoman
Byond Username: NewtypeWoman

Post by NewtypeWoman » #720518

That's fair.
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

Post by TheRex9001 » #720519

EmpressMaia wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:45 am ALSO LMAAAO NOT LOOKIJG TO PICK A FIGHT??

Posted in your own peanut, mods spin them around until they are dizzy
Donglesplonge
Byond Username: Donglesplonge

Post by Donglesplonge » #720520

cast death hexes against admins who ping you for grievances and questions

except not this one higgin is a cool person generally and i think they are funny
DrAmazing343
Byond Username: DrAmazing343

Post by DrAmazing343 » #720522

Normally I'm one for a good forum fight, but can we not?

In the words of Bill & Ted, "Be excellent to one another." Please.
Walter brought back Crack.
Drag
In-Game Admin

Post by Drag » #720527

EmpressMaia wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:45 am ALSO LMAAAO NOT LOOKIJG TO PICK A FIGHT??

1. I said shut the fuck up, which I say to everyone.

2. I edited it because I realized it was very just hateful and not constructive

So no, I'm not intentionally seeking a fight.

But hey, if you wanna take the gloves off and keep it going the hate in my heart doesn't pay rent
Last edited by Drag on Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Drag
In-Game Admin

Post by Drag » #720528

NewtypeWoman wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:28 am i'm sure you have admin channels to complain in, so do that instead.
I talk shit to people's faces, not behind their back
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TheBibleMelts

Post by TheBibleMelts » #720529

see you in the schoolyard after class energy
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Kieth4

Post by kieth4 » #720531

Drag wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:05 am viewtopic.php?p=720497
Edit: There's no "justifiably" breaking the rules, you broke the rules and got noted for it
The rules aren't exactly a straight line that you either cross or do not. There's usually a good chunk of nuance.
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin

Post by kieth4 » #720532

NewtypeWoman wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:28 am peanuts should be for when someone is wildly out of pocket not just grumpy about something minor. sucks to post this thread over a minor irk with a player when you're an admin. i'm sure you have admin channels to complain in, so do that instead.
Peanuts are literally for everything and anything tbh, there's no peanut protection which in all respects is awesome imo. Im super pro peanut
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin

Post by kieth4 » #720533

Sightld2 wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:40 am
I think both are distasteful. I don't think admin channels should be used to bad mouth people either.
Maybe all silicone players aren't bad afterall...
iansdoor
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Iansdoor

Post by iansdoor » #720537

This appeal is stupid, Maia should know the two reasons we edit notes by the point with their involvement in TG and playtime.

I see the edit and the confusion. Now I do have to ask why on your part?

Maia had Nowell energy in their appeal, but there isn't a reason to come off rude and shitty out the gate.
ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Post by ekaterina » #720540

This note is incredibly lame and the admin is incredibly lame for having made it. If this were LRP, a note this petty would lead me to suspect this admin of fishing for something to pin on Maia just for not liking her. Since it's MRP, maybe this is normal, I don't know.
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
BonChoi
Byond Username: BonChoi

Post by BonChoi » #720541

At least the note is an expiring one, very based.
Another bad take provided by yours truly.

Istoprocent1 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:36 pm Baseless claims. I have been to the vault minimum of 38 times, how many suicides?
BonChoi
Byond Username: BonChoi

Post by BonChoi » #720542

Also the new template might actually more confusing for users to use than the old one, just take the bold script out because people don't know how to deal with it.
Another bad take provided by yours truly.

Istoprocent1 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:36 pm Baseless claims. I have been to the vault minimum of 38 times, how many suicides?
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #720545

BonChoi wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:42 pm Also the new template might actually more confusing for users to use than the old one, just take the bold script out because people don't know how to deal with it.
Templates had bold on titles since forever, and it was never what made them confusing. Sometimes there's a skill issue in deleting the closing tag, but that's a flimsy argument in calling the current one "confusing".

E: Also shame on you Drag. I simply cannot believe you didn't put nut in the title.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Justice12354
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Justice12354

Post by Justice12354 » #720546

ekaterina wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:28 pm This note is incredibly lame and the admin is incredibly lame for having made it. If this were LRP, a note this petty would lead me to suspect this admin of fishing for something to pin on Maia just for not liking her. Since it's MRP, maybe this is normal, I don't know.
This is your average OOC IC note. Except they r so stupidly common that we just go "OOC IC - "I'm disconnecting"" instead of that much talk (which isn't a bad thing but takes longer to read)
Spoiler:
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
Drag
In-Game Admin

Post by Drag » #720547

conrad wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:03 pm E: Also shame on you Drag. I simply cannot believe you didn't put nut in the title.
FUCK
Drag
In-Game Admin

Post by Drag » #720548

iansdoor wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:18 am

I see the edit and the confusion. Now I do have to ask why on your part?

Maia had Nowell energy in their appeal, but there isn't a reason to come off rude and shitty out the gate.
I talk to everyone how I talk to my 7 brothers, unfiltered unapologetic energy. It's really hard for me to not, and I normally only notice after the fact. I see something and I react to it, it's not great and something I've actively been working on.

Edit: For those who are wondering, yes I tell my family to shut the fuck up often. I also elbow drop my siblings. I am the only girl.
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #720552

ekaterina wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:28 pm This note is incredibly lame and the admin is incredibly lame for having made it. If this were LRP, a note this petty would lead me to suspect this admin of fishing for something to pin on Maia just for not liking her. Since it's MRP, maybe this is normal, I don't know.
disagree. higgin is a candidate and handled this very well. i was there at the time and watched the situation play out first hand. everything about the fight was fine, it was actually very good. but when maia lost fair and square, not dead just batonned and being cuffed, she chose to say in IC "i'm disconnecting" and then quit the game. this is against the rules and frankly extremely babyish behaviour from someone who should know better. i've seen maia game as a hos countless times and do the exact same thing to antags. she would say the same thing about someone who'd do that to her.

being asked politely to not do this with a short expiring note is just about the most reasonable and level headed response you could ask for.
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #720557

Oh shit this is expiring? Fuck I wouldn't have made the appeal if I knew that
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #720558

EmpressMaia wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:33 pm Oh shit this is expiring? Fuck I wouldn't have made the appeal if I knew that
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #720561

conrad wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:38 pm
EmpressMaia wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:33 pm Oh shit this is expiring? Fuck I wouldn't have made the appeal if I knew that
how do i know if a note is expiring. is it say it in the admin remarks page?
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #720562

Maia is burning out, getting pissed at normal rounds, and heading towards getting themselves a longer ban as a side effect some da
i mean maybe not but its a common trajectory
warbluke
Byond Username: Warbluke

Post by warbluke » #720574

Drag wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:15 pm
conrad wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:03 pm E: Also shame on you Drag. I simply cannot believe you didn't put nut in the title.
FUCK
Might I suggest "This thread has no context nutsoever?"
It sounds better when you say it out loud but given what we have to work with I think it serves.
Sightld2
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Sightld2

Post by Sightld2 » #720575

kieth4 wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:22 am
Good ending
► Show Spoiler
Bad ending
► Show Spoiler

DrAmazing343
Byond Username: DrAmazing343

Post by DrAmazing343 » #720595

Sightld2 wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:38 pm
Good ending
► Show Spoiler
Bad ending
► Show Spoiler
When you thank a silly con and they hit you with the *buzz type beat I start sobbing IRL
Walter brought back Crack.
Constellado
Byond Username: Constellado

Post by Constellado » #720600

Sightld2 wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:38 pm
Good ending
► Show Spoiler
Bad ending
► Show Spoiler
Both endings are funny but sad for the Borg.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Blacklist897
Byond Username: Blacklist897

Post by Blacklist897 » #721007

I have got multiple notes and even a ban for stupid shit I have done off my meds.
I have never used that as a excuse for being a asshole, and doing so reeks of entitlement
maias uplink was left in evidence storage with the tc still in it, but instead of making a new uplink or performing a cool antag bit to get it back, we get babyrage
profile picture by "Cowboy Owlbear"
I play alexander Moore on Manuel