Metacum Discord Drama Vol. 35

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Metacum Discord Drama Vol. 35

Post by Timonk » #720583

viewtopic.php?p=667140
sometimes we all get a permaban over discord drama twice
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
MooCow12
Byond Username: MooCow12

Re: Metacum Discord Drama Vol. 35

Post by MooCow12 » #720585

Wait did he stop mid round as a heretic to meme on someone on discord xd way to risk your antag roll
List of my favorite TG Staff.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
cSeal wrote: TLDR suck my nuts you bald bitch
chocolate_bickie
Byond Username: Chocolate_bickie

Post by chocolate_bickie » #720587

Misleading title, I saw no cum or erp in this ban.
Last edited by chocolate_bickie on Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PapaMichael
Byond Username: PapaMichael

Post by PapaMichael » #720592

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=35737
think you meant to link this one bud
BonChoi
Byond Username: BonChoi

Post by BonChoi » #720593

Wait I'm in this appeal, what the fuck

edit: nvm, it's Broly and not Brody
Another bad take provided by yours truly.

Istoprocent1 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:36 pm Baseless claims. I have been to the vault minimum of 38 times, how many suicides?
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #720594

A bit of an on the nose way to put nut on the title but I dig it.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Constellado
Byond Username: Constellado

Post by Constellado » #720599

Oh shit he's back.

The one with the highest playtime! (I think)

With a lot of games, if you play for a long time the salt demon starts to take over. Especially if you see said game competitive in some way. league is notorious for doing it.

A break usually fixes that.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #720604

PapaMichael wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:52 pm viewtopic.php?f=7&t=35737
think you meant to link this one bud
NUH UH
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

AsbestosSniffer
Byond Username: The Asbestos Sniffer

Post by AsbestosSniffer » #720612

Manuel is healing...
Observer main. Otherwise I play Lucy Trelawney on Manuel.
Constellado

Post by Constellado » #720616

Oh lol you linked his 2023 ban appeal and there is a different more recent one.

For very similar things.
How can he beat this?

I guess that's what happens when some people plays a game for so long.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Blacklist897
Byond Username: Blacklist897

Post by Blacklist897 » #720684

carsh switches between being cool playing carbons and salty playing AI
bring him back with one last chance BUT permaban with no appeal from AI
profile picture by "Cowboy Owlbear"
I play alexander Moore on Manuel
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #720692

oh yeah carsh's AI play was insufferable
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #720712

Blacklist897 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:17 pm carsh switches between being cool playing carbons and salty playing AI
bring him back with one last chance BUT permaban with no appeal from AI
EmpressMaia wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:15 pm oh yeah carsh's AI play was insufferable
What'd they do as an AI? I can never remember AI/Borg players/names so I just assume the worst with all AI and borgs.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
Blacklist897

Post by Blacklist897 » #720715

carsh has the most ai hours out of anyone by a factor of two
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #720718

Carsh has more hours in the game total than literally anyone in this thread. He's resting I think squarely at 10th place for living hours, and I think I'm now right behind him. And for me to eclipse him, I would need to play for a solid three months, nonstop. That's just not doable within a healthy timespan for me right now, so I'll probably stay behind him. And that's only living hours, I could not possibly beat his total hours.

To put it into another perspective for the degrees of separation in terms of time played, when he got banned, he just hit veteran status. For me to achieve the same, I'd need to put in another 1000 hours into the game. I'm sure I'll get there eventually, but thats a lot of time! If you're sitting on even 2k hours, you're a very small percentage of our playerbase, and that's a huge amount of time to have put into the game!

(And this is also kind of a good demonstration of how fucking stupid the veteran system is and how poorly it represents our playerbase at all. I don't even think it was put in with the expectation that anyone would even have it)
EmpressMaia wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:15 pm oh yeah carsh's AI play was insufferable
You caught him likely at his lowest, and he'll back that up, and has done in the thread. He was and can be one of the best AI's there is. You don't get as many hours as him without having hit a pretty good peak. His valleys were pretty bad, though, but you really have not encountered some of the absolutely horrendous AI players that he's had to rub shoulders with to draw a comparison with. He's a saint by their standards, trust me.

There is something to be said that AI is a role that will subject you to some pretty bad players in general. AI is an obvious victim to exploit; do what I say, you're obligated to do it. Don't, and you'll be OOC punished, or I'll fabricate an IC reason to round remove you. That's the conceit of choosing to play a literal slave to humans. Some people approach the dynamic in good faith. Some do it because they're really just a bully at heart. Carsh experiences enough of those people regularly that can you really blame him if he's jaded to entertaining those who approach it in bad faith?

I trust that when carsh believes someone to be actng in bad faith; he has enough experience to pick up on those who are going to prove to be a problem. His way of handling it is just not the best. And it got worse over time as his life circumstances started to impact him more and more.
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #720720

NecromancerAnne wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:33 am Carsh has more hours in the game total than literally anyone in this thread. He's resting I think squarely at 10th place for living hours, and I think I'm now right behind him. And for me to eclipse him, I would need to play for a solid three months, nonstop. That's just not doable within a healthy timespan for me right now, so I'll probably stay behind him. And that's only living hours, I could not possibly beat his total hours.
Do you have the stat page to check your place in the rankings on hand perchance
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Timonk

Post by Timonk » #720721

To put that perspective into perspective... IIRC top 2 has like 15k hours and doesn't even play anymore and top 1 has like 16k hours and is still going at it
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin

Post by NecromancerAnne » #720722

I really wish I did. I had it a while ago and then I lost it. The ranks don't much at all though.
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin

Post by NecromancerAnne » #720723

Oh I found it and gosh I did not remember these values well, or carsh actually skyrocketed in playtime. It's not unreasonable? Most of the people below him don't play anymore. But hometownfunky definitely does, I've seen them hide their veteran cloak gingerly a few times it was funny.

https://tgstation13.org/tgdb/top.php

This means carsh is the single highest connected time of anyone.
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #720726

Damn, I actually rose in ranks since the last time I checked

Sitting firmly on 53 for connected minutes but 117 for living minutes (which by the way means I'm probably one of the 10 most experienced people on the server every time I connect)
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin

Post by NecromancerAnne » #720727

the knowledge that I'm about to eclipse imsxz is kind of wild.
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #720728

If I am alive for 3 hours a day (3-5 rounds) for the next 2 years I can hope to achieve veteran status in 3 years

But honestly it's good like that because you shouldn't see the cape every day

Edit: If I play on all 5 servers at once I can do it this year
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

DrAmazing343
Byond Username: DrAmazing343

Post by DrAmazing343 » #720732

What's the veteran cape???
Walter brought back Crack.
Blacklist897

Post by Blacklist897 » #720733

I saw a veteran cape player only once
after they found the graytide in maints loot
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #720743

DrAmazing343 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:01 am What's the veteran cape???
You need 300000 living minutes (5000 hours) on TG and you spawn with it. So far, only crash and that other guy have it
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #720744

you need 200+ days
please dont ruin your life for this
respect (let him do his thing)
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #720745

NecromancerAnne wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:33 am Snip
Every now and then I'll try to grind some hours for that vet cape, and yet it feels impossibly far away still. I didn't realize I had passed imsxz as well and that's scuffed.

If anyone knows how I can fix the game resolution so that I can see pop ups when my resolution is 3000xbig that would be great because I have to squint to see any menu's and it has been putting me off playing until I stop using a TV as a monitor.
PapaMichael

Post by PapaMichael » #720746

Nabski wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:17 pm If anyone knows how I can fix the game resolution so that I can see pop ups when my resolution is 3000xbig that would be great because I have to squint to see any menu's and it has been putting me off playing until I stop using a TV as a monitor.
You've been able to UI scale for a while now. The only thing I can think of that it doesn't work for is the input text box that opens when you hit "t", and living with that has been not a problem.
I've been playing on a 4k monitor just fine.
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #720747

PapaMichael wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:26 pm
Nabski wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:17 pm If anyone knows how I can fix the game resolution so that I can see pop ups when my resolution is 3000xbig that would be great because I have to squint to see any menu's and it has been putting me off playing until I stop using a TV as a monitor.
You've been able to UI scale for a while now. The only thing I can think of that it doesn't work for is the input text box that opens when you hit "t", and living with that has been not a problem.
I've been playing on a 4k monitor just fine.
What's that option under?

I click at the bottom of the chat window and type say "SENTENCE" before every single thing I say in game and MAN it's really tiny and that makes talking much harder.
PapaMichael

Post by PapaMichael » #720749

Nabski wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:17 pm I click at the bottom of the chat window and type say "SENTENCE" before every single thing I say in game and MAN it's really tiny and that makes talking much harder.
Oh. I'm not certain you can scale that one either.
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #720766

kinnebian wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:59 pm you need 200+ days
please dont ruin your life for this
cant make me not ruin my life
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

chocolate_bickie
Byond Username: Chocolate_bickie

Post by chocolate_bickie » #720774

Timonk wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:55 pm
DrAmazing343 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:01 am What's the veteran cape???
You need 300000 living minutes (5000 hours) on TG and you spawn with it. So far, only crash and that other guy have it
rip other guy, he has more hours than Crash but he's just reduced to a side character in this appeal.
Last edited by chocolate_bickie on Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #720780

i think we should give people 24 hour bans for playing more than 7 hours in 1 day
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #721088

so his grand epic vouch was "i didnt even notice him" 4 times and 2 times "you are one of the positive persons i have interacted with, ever"
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Constellado

Post by Constellado » #721090

First time I saw vouches actually posted on the forums. I thought the tg admins would go behind the scenes and ask the servers they played on instead.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #721100

Keep this guy out atleast for another year. Being a longtime player doesn’t give an excuse for all the things he did and this was his second permaban in 2023.
Blacklist897

Post by Blacklist897 » #721807

hes back
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #721810

Back again
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

spookuni
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Spookuni

Post by spookuni » #721811

They freed him, praise be
carshalash
Byond Username: Carshalash

Post by carshalash » #721960

Blacklist897 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:17 am hes back
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #722011

NecromancerAnne wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:33 am (And this is also kind of a good demonstration of how fucking stupid the veteran system is and how poorly it represents our playerbase at all. I don't even think it was put in with the expectation that anyone would even have it)
it's the most elite club on tg.