🌙 Headmin Election 19 Discussion Thread 🌙

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
dragomagol
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dragomagol

🌙 Headmin Election 19 Discussion Thread 🌙

Post by dragomagol » #720785

Who will wax? Who will wane? Will Cheshify make someone cry at the debates? Find out on today's edition of the Headmin Elections!

Campaign Threads:
Rex9001
Kieth4
Timberpoes
TheBibleMelts
WalterMeldron
Kinnebian
DendyDoom
Tegun
Tattle
AKA tattle

Help improve my neural network by giving me feedback!

Spoiler:
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Re: 🌙 Headmin Election 19 Discussion Thread 🌙

Post by TheLoLSwat » #720803

cant wait!
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #720809

I'm waxing myself right now for the election
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #720820

mentors still a bad idea in practice

i agree with kieth yet again (specially with the secoff and head policies) but i dunno about the toolboxing and generally aggressive stance youre losing me a little
respect (let him do his thing)
kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #720821

i think the rule 5 changes are comical because it went from a pretty simple rule of "do the bare minimum when youre in an important role" to about 5x the length
kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #720822

i like rex too and the tshirt deal looks similar :) but i think some goals on it are a bit too vague in how they will be accomplished
kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #720823

quadruple posting as i read fuck you
i also think the response times on appeals are the best theyve been in a while its just campaign filler to put it on there: give your campaign a tighter focus on what you want
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #720824

I think any kind of gimmick appeal resolution is a bad idea purely because every appeal already asks for headmin resolution and there's no reason every appeal wouldn't also ask for a 1v1 duel, asking doesn't cost anything but justifying why you did it for this guy but not this other one takes effort
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #720825

I think Rex's ideas are indeed quite vague. I am particularly not happy to see the faster response times and rules clarity meme. He'd have to shift his thread around dramatically and have it be based on concrete stuff.

Kieth's current thread efficectively has one promise, the rule 5 change, which is currently to make something that has one short sentence into a massive wordy argument. Everything else is a pipe dream and it feels like he didn't learn about getting stuff done from his first headmin term. Kinda looks like a goof headmin thread.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #720826

conrad wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:48 am I think Rex's ideas are indeed quite vague. I am particularly not happy to see the faster response times and rules clarity meme. He'd have to shift his thread around dramatically and have it be based on concrete stuff.

Kieth's current thread efficectively has one promise, the rule 5 change, which is currently to make something that has one short sentence into a massive wordy argument. Everything else is a pipe dream and it feels like he didn't learn about getting stuff done from his first headmin term. Kinda looks like a goof headmin thread.
kieths rule 5 was him showing what it used to be to what it is now; go check the rules wiki
it was worded a bit odd but kieth doesnt like the rule 5 change
conrad

Post by conrad » #720827

You are correct, I got them mixed up.

Well that's it less interesting. I wanna see effective, tangible, feasible change on headmin threads, not just reverting what was done literally the term before.

It's still early. Maybe they're gonna cook up something over time until the threads are open to discussion.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

Post by TheRex9001 » #720829

I’ll provide more examples. Not changing my platform though, that just wouldnt be true to me.
Donglesplonge
Byond Username: Donglesplonge

Post by Donglesplonge » #720830

heres a bingo card for whenever the VC debate happens in however many days that was supposed to happen

i made this one early because if i didn't i was gonna end up forgetting about it and i didn't wanna be THAT GUY y'know

also i haven't read any of the threads yet don't kill me i just woke up and i saw this and i had to post the card somewhere
Attachments
Headmin bingo card.jpg
PapaMichael
Byond Username: PapaMichael

Post by PapaMichael » #720836

I'd be happier if keith moved the current rule 5 to the rp ruleset instead of scrapping in entirely.

As far as Rex9001's "telling players the outcome if they ahelp", I know that bans and notes are private, but quite a few of my ahelps have ended in an utterly opaque "it's resolved". You could even say something like "yeah, what they were doing was definitely against the rules, thanks for letting us know" while still leaving the final result as a secret, I think that strikes a better balance then what we have currently (understanding that different admins are different here).
Last edited by PapaMichael on Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #720837

PapaMichael wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:36 pm I'd be happier if keith moved the current rule 5 to the rp ruleset instead of scrapping in entirely.

As far as Rex9001's "telling players the outcome if they ahelp", I know that bans and notes are private, but quite a few of my ahelps have ended in an utterly opaque "it's resolved". You could even say something like "yeah, what they were doing was definitely against the rules, thanks for letting us know" while still leaving the final result as a secret, I think that strikes a better balance then what we have currently.
problem comes when the other player was an antag and you cant tell the victim without giving it away
PapaMichael

Post by PapaMichael » #720838

kinnebian wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:39 pm problem comes when the other player was an antag and you cant tell the victim without giving it away
I understand that, but I've been told this even in cases where that isn't possible; I've gotten this response from delayed round-end tickets and next-round tickets.
ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Post by ekaterina » #720839

Honestly, bwoinking sec players who do nothing about crime taking place in front of them is a good change, despite kieth's apparent opposition.
Yeah, it's not great as a sec player to be bwoinked for suboptimal gaming, but from the point of view of literally any other job, it sucks for someone to be harassing you with shoves and punches and for some retard shitsec to just sit there and do nothing about it. Shitsec who do nothing are even worse than shitsec who go overboard.

I agree with IC action (instead of OOC) for incompetent heads. With sec, however, literally nobody is going to do anything about it, and, if someone tries, the entire sec gang is going to fall on you without even hearing your side of the story. We've seen it a thousand times.
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #720840

fuck ekat is changing my mind
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Kieth4

Post by kieth4 » #720842

ekaterina wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:45 pm Honestly, bwoinking sec players who do nothing about crime taking place in front of them is a good change, despite kieth's apparent opposition.
Yeah, it's not great as a sec player to be bwoinked for suboptimal gaming, but from the point of view of literally any other job, it sucks for someone to be harassing you with shoves and punches and for some retard shitsec to just sit there and do nothing about it. Shitsec who do nothing are even worse than shitsec who go overboard.

I agree with IC action (instead of OOC) for incompetent heads. With sec, however, literally nobody is going to do anything about it, and, if someone tries, the entire sec gang is going to fall on you without even hearing your side of the story. We've seen it a thousand times.
I can't say I entirely disagree with the fact that wanting security do their job is an ok idea. However I feel that with the nature of the game people are very prone to making mistakes, make a wrong call pick one side over another etc. A policy like this, I at least feel, will only end up tripping up newer seccies whilst allowing those who have experience with navigating admins and the rules already easy escape as it requires a "roleplay reason" to get out of it. Hopefully this expands my ideas on it although you should totally ask me about this when the threads open up.
kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #720843

fuck kieth is changing my mind
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Post by Cheshify » #720846

Donglesplonge wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:00 pm heres a bingo card for whenever the VC debate happens in however many days that was supposed to happen

i made this one early because if i didn't i was gonna end up forgetting about it and i didn't wanna be THAT GUY y'know

also i haven't read any of the threads yet don't kill me i just woke up and i saw this and i had to post the card somewhere
Oh nice I didn't need to make on myself this year
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Post by ekaterina » #720847

kinnebian wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:49 pm fuck ekat is changing my mind
kinnebian wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:09 pm fuck kieth is changing my mind
The based ekaterina-kieth debate where it's just two people who want the best for the game amicably discussing how best to achieve it 8-)
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
Justice12354
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Justice12354

Post by Justice12354 » #720852

PapaMichael wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:43 pm
kinnebian wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:39 pm problem comes when the other player was an antag and you cant tell the victim without giving it away
I understand that, but I've been told this even in cases where that isn't possible; I've gotten this response from delayed round-end tickets and next-round tickets.
Delayed round-end tickets are usually a hurried mess, so don't expect the pwettiest reply there. Doing 5 tickets at the same time also limits how much thought we can put into replies.

If your ahelp doesn't have any sort of substance, you will be told so. With that in mind, if something's handled, then your ahelp was most likely accurate and the other party wasn't in the right to do whatever they did.

Just keep in mind that, unless absolutely no one replied to your ahelp, then it was surely looked into and, well, handled.
Spoiler:
xzero314
Byond Username: Xzero314

Post by xzero314 » #720854

ekaterina wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:45 pm Honestly, bwoinking sec players who do nothing about crime taking place in front of them is a good change, despite kieth's apparent opposition.

No it isnt. there is no faster way to kill off anybody playing sec ever. Sec officers are already under a microscope. You want them to bwoink officers for things they might have simply missed?
ImageImageImageImage
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer

Post by Jacquerel » #720858

we got our first shitpost, bonus points that it's from a permanently banned player who is soon to also be put on Headmin Election Subforum post approval
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #720859

PapaMichael wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:43 pm
That's not the real problem. When you're a new admin you're likely to give the outcome, but you get burnt out when you get responses like "Why did they get noted when I got banned for the same thing?!?"

I guess there's a balance to be struck
Donglesplonge

Post by Donglesplonge » #720863

i'm not gonna count bingos until the headmin electoral VC thing happens again i gotta start cookin' questions for when it does happen

i also gotta ask stereo if he's down to get wasted during the debate he put up a sticky note and everything for the last one but we both forgot about it but this time i won't god as my witness i will not forget i promise

policy changes don't affect me because i play very hermited anyways so i'm just here to watch how things go and hypeman someone i like into power
conrad

Post by conrad » #720866

I had a big ramble about how the point of the change in policy for secoff expectations wasn't to encourage optimal gameplay, and has never been that, and thinking that it's that is just you being burned out from playing sec or being a shitty, annoying doomer, but I got bored halfway through 'cos I was helping my brother raise a brick wall and while having a conversation with him I realized that my words were directed at said brick wall whilst I talked to him which made me all tuckered out from talking to brick walls.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
PapaMichael

Post by PapaMichael » #720869

WineAllWine wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:10 pm That's not the real problem. When you're a new admin you're likely to give the outcome, but you get burnt out when you get responses like "Why did they get noted when I got banned for the same thing?!?"
That makes a lot of sense and isn't something I'd really considered, thanks.
GPeckman
Byond Username: GPeckman

Post by GPeckman » #720873

conrad wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:52 pm I had a big ramble about how the point of the change in policy for secoff expectations wasn't to encourage optimal gameplay, and has never been that, and thinking that it's that is just you being burned out from playing sec or being a shitty, annoying doomer, but I got bored halfway through 'cos I was helping my brother raise a brick wall and while having a conversation with him I realized that my words were directed at said brick wall whilst I talked to him which made me all tuckered out from talking to brick walls.
I don't thing anyone is claiming that the intention of the new policy is to encourage optimal play. People are concerned that, in practice, it will force security players to play optimally or risk being noted/banned.
conrad

Post by conrad » #720875

GPeckman wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:08 pm I don't thing anyone is claiming that the intention of the new policy is to encourage optimal play. People are concerned that, in practice, it will force security players to play optimally or risk being noted/banned.
Which really isn't the case. You sign up to play an Elder Scrolls guard and ignore someone kicking chickens, the first instinct isn't to note or ban you. It's to ask "hey bud did you see those chickens being kicked?"

If the player's response is "Yeah but there's this dead guy in engineering I need to check" that's admin skill issue for not paying attention and bwoinking incorrectly.

Literally today I saw this QM interrupting a legitimate arrest. My first instinct wasn't to bwoink them. It was to check if, for example, the other person was their valentine. They weren't, but by doing this I saw that previous IC interactions showed that they had reason to not want them arrested. The arrest still happened, and the round continued as normal.

Electing a headmin outta fear of getting bwoinked is silly. It's a negative, doomer orwellian vote. Vote positivelly with a bloomer vote on promises that resonate with you. Then remind yourself they are promises that need to go through 2 other headmins.

That's my copium pipedream that people will vote responsibly when most people don't even vote responsibly IRL.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer

Post by Jacquerel » #720876

Yeah but that's IRL voting, tgstation head admin is serious business.
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #720877

a lot of lrp/mrp divide coming up this time, not that this is anything new. i will defer to my literal essays in the policy discussion subforum about my thoughts and feelings on why i don't agree with aspects of "minimum job expectations" but as with anything there is a lot of nuance that gets lost in translation during the election hype. i am just concerned how much of this is reactionary based on speculation and feelings of lrp disillusionment because of an "mrp term". these changes are based on weeks, sometimes months of discussions and are so fresh off the press the ink hasn't even had time to dry. i'm as mrp-blooded as they come yet there is a lot of lrp that i value. don't put the dichotomy cart before the horse, it's silly.

now that that's out of the way, i had to hide my excitement when timber asked me if they should run again this term. i didn't want to add any undue pressure to them. but now that they've done it?
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
GPeckman

Post by GPeckman » #720879

conrad wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:20 pm Which really isn't the case. You sign up to play an Elder Scrolls guard and ignore someone kicking chickens, the first instinct isn't to note or ban you. It's to ask "hey bud did you see those chickens being kicked?"

If the player's response is "Yeah but there's this dead guy in engineering I need to check" that's admin skill issue for not paying attention and bwoinking incorrectly.

Literally today I saw this QM interrupting a legitimate arrest. My first instinct wasn't to bwoink them. It was to check if, for example, the other person was their valentine. They weren't, but by doing this I saw that previous IC interactions showed that they had reason to not want them arrested. The arrest still happened, and the round continued as normal.

Electing a headmin outta fear of getting bwoinked is silly. It's a negative, doomer orwellian vote. Vote positivelly with a bloomer vote on promises that resonate with you. Then remind yourself they are promises that need to go through 2 other headmins.

That's my copium pipedream that people will vote responsibly when most people don't even vote responsibly IRL.
Except that bad notes due to security officers not doing enough (or doing too much, depending on the way that you look at) have already happened. In fact, I have one that happened less than a week after the policy change was enacted: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=35337. A security officer was noted for "not doing the minimal verification" for an open and shut case of an assistant attacking someone with a saw.

You can keep saying that this is a "doomer orwellian" fear, but your words mean very little in comparison to the real examples of this sort of thing that we can all see.
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin

Post by dendydoom » #720880

GPeckman wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:48 pm
conrad wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:20 pm Which really isn't the case. You sign up to play an Elder Scrolls guard and ignore someone kicking chickens, the first instinct isn't to note or ban you. It's to ask "hey bud did you see those chickens being kicked?"

Except that bad notes due to security officers not doing enough (or doing too much, depending on the way that you look at) have already happened. In fact, I have one that happened less than a week after the policy change was enacted: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=35337. A security officer was noted for "not doing the minimal verification" for an open and shut case of an assistant attacking someone with a saw.

You can keep saying that this is a "doomer orwellian" fear, but your words mean very little in comparison to the real examples of this sort of thing that we can all see.
it's worth mentioning that this was overturned and basically everyone internally who had an opinion disagreed with xemo at the time. there are growing pains for any new policy and this is one of them. they owned up to their mistake, admitted it was not a ruling worth enforcing and the note (no ban was placed) was removed.
NSFW:
GPeckman

Post by GPeckman » #720881

dendydoom wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:54 pm
GPeckman wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:48 pm Except that bad notes due to security officers not doing enough (or doing too much, depending on the way that you look at) have already happened. In fact, I have one that happened less than a week after the policy change was enacted: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=35337. A security officer was noted for "not doing the minimal verification" for an open and shut case of an assistant attacking someone with a saw.

it's worth mentioning that this was overturned and basically everyone internally who had an opinion disagreed with xemo at the time. there are growing pains for any new policy and this is one of them. they owned up to their mistake, admitted it was not a ruling worth enforcing and it was removed.
If that player hadn't bothered to appeal, then in all likelihood the note would still be there today. Not everyone will appeal notes, for various reasons, and appeals shouldn't be depended upon to prevent bad notes. Now, if this policy was actually necessary, then sure, I'd be willing to accept a few bad notes. So the question is, what sort of situations is this policy supposed to cover? Ideally I'd prefer a real example and not an unlikely hypothetical. As it is, I don't think there are any major issues with security officers ignoring crime. Kieth put it better than I could:
kieth4 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:03 pm A policy like this, I at least feel, will only end up tripping up newer seccies whilst allowing those who have experience with navigating admins and the rules already easy escape as it requires a "roleplay reason" to get out of it. Hopefully this expands my ideas on it although you should totally ask me about this when the threads open up.
It seems like this policy is just going to be a knowledge check for security officers to see if they know how to say the right words when they get bwoinked, not something that will actually improve the game.
Donglesplonge

Post by Donglesplonge » #720882

wtf timber is actually running again we're so godamn back

i joke alot about not actually giving a fuck about headmin terms because most of the time its people going "i can fix her" and then TG smacks back and they burn out

but timbers not only funny he's just like good at it stone cold pimpin' y'feel y'feel?
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin

Post by dendydoom » #720884

yes, players need to appeal to have decisions they disagree with overturned. this is a very complex game with a lot of depth and nuance, with admins making decisions under a time crunch to appease impossible expectations. it's why we have these processes in the first place, so i don't feel like it's particularly worthwhile to entertain what it would be like if they didn't exist because they do.

i can't really help the second part of your request either. hypotheticals are the only thing i have to hand, but more importantly i do not disagree wholly with kieth either. this is part of the "disillusionment" i was talking about. as i put in a previous post, i have literal essays explaining what i think and why i think it around the enforcement of minimum job standards, and the cliff notes are that even as a dreaded mrp admin i do not like them. but again, the conversation is more complicated than "yell and ban secoffs who don't punish tiders enough" and in the case of overturned rulings it actually has the opposite effect of what you're insinuating: other admins will see a ruling was made in this way, see that it was overturned, and think "ah, this must be the incorrect way to enforce this policy."
NSFW:
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #720886

Oh Timber's running again? They get my vote again.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #720888

kieth4 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:03 pm

I can't say I entirely disagree with the fact that wanting security do their job is an ok idea. However I feel that with the nature of the game people are very prone to making mistakes, make a wrong call pick one side over another etc. A policy like this, I at least feel, will only end up tripping up newer seccies whilst allowing those who have experience with navigating admins and the rules already easy escape as it requires a "roleplay reason" to get out of it. Hopefully this expands my ideas on it although you should totally ask me about this when the threads open up.
That's why rule zero exists, admins don't have to be hardasses about it.

seems like what you really have a conflict with is some admins enforcement attitude.
DrAmazing343
Byond Username: DrAmazing343

Post by DrAmazing343 » #720894

So far, I'm caught between TBM and Timber. I've heard legendary stories of Timber (and I like their running stance) but honest to God I've seen a lot of good work from TBM both on policy-side as WELL AS running the Successionstation event that captured my heart. The recent Space-Law rewrite is also a late-coming but very powerful addition to his platform, I think.
Walter brought back Crack.
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #720896

xemo running again is for sure the first big shakeup, and an immediate frontrunner. Things are getting good already
conrad

Post by conrad » #720898

Holy shit Xemo Vs Timber for the admin vote goes crazy
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
vect0r
Byond Username: Vect0r

Post by vect0r » #720905

Didn't read anything and Timber is getting my #1 spot.
VENDETTA+Cecilia Vujic
kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #720907

i like tbm but timber/kieth/dendy would be a perfect trinity in terms of perspectives and cool people in general
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #720911

millions will die if dendy becomes headmin
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

conrad

Post by conrad » #720915

Timonk wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:04 am millions will die if dendy becomes headmin
If?
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #720916

ngl i dont think i could handle a term with timber/tbm/dendy. policy discussion would feel like being a kid sitting at the adult table
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #720917

conrad wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:34 am
Timonk wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:04 am millions will die if dendy becomes headmin
If?
if
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

BonChoi
Byond Username: BonChoi

Post by BonChoi » #720922

I dunno this dennis person but if she's anything like dennis the menace we're all doomed (for a number of months)
Another bad take provided by yours truly.

Istoprocent1 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:36 pm Baseless claims. I have been to the vault minimum of 38 times, how many suicides?